Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,772

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91343 Aug 1, 2013
what now wrote:
" You're the reason I changed to beer from soda pop, little darling" I have been trying to find the song with those lyrics in it. Anyone know? I thought the singers were Conway and Loretta, but, I cannot find it.. As a matter of fact, I seem to be the only one that has ever heard that song. Also,'I ain't got no honey baby now.' I sing the parts I know, sounds funny. The animals don't mind at all though. I heard it eases them to sing, so I open up and let her rip.
This popped up just as I was signing off, but the song is by Loretta and it is really "You're the reason our kids are so ugly".
Anne

United States

#91345 Aug 1, 2013
what now wrote:
" You're the reason I changed to beer from soda pop, little darling" I have been trying to find the song with those lyrics in it. Anyone know? I thought the singers were Conway and Loretta, but, I cannot find it.. As a matter of fact, I seem to be the only one that has ever heard that song. Also,'I ain't got no honey baby now.' I sing the parts I know, sounds funny. The animals don't mind at all though. I heard it eases them to sing, so I open up and let her rip.
Try www.lyricfreak.com I found all the lyrics to Honey Baby Blues under the F selection. I didn't check the other song
Anne

United States

#91346 Aug 1, 2013
Try:
www.elyrics.net.re ad/c/conway-twitty & loretta- lynn
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#91347 Aug 1, 2013

Hahaha I knew that one too Wolf. That was a good'n if there ever was a good'n right there.
Just a Girl

Elizabethtown, KY

#91348 Aug 1, 2013
It might be that the magnetics. We're going through a polar shift right now. This isn't just here. Go to youtube and watch suspicious0bservers channel. He explains solar weather and how it affects us down here on earth every morning at 6 AM. It is good information collected from NASA and analyzed by a pretty unbiased and honest guy.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#91349 Aug 1, 2013

Going down the road feelin' bad. Eleizabeth Cotton.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#91350 Aug 1, 2013
And now one of my own all time favorites...

Imposter

Hazard, KY

#91351 Aug 1, 2013
What do you get when you load 16 tons Wolf? The story of my life...

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91352 Aug 1, 2013
Imposter wrote:
What do you get when you load 16 tons Wolf? The story of my life...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zUpTJg2EBpwXX
I have not looked yet, but I bet it is "I was born one morning and the sun didn't shine, picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine, loaded 16 tone of number nine coal and the straw boss said well bless my soul"

You load 16 tons and what do you get? another day older and deeper in debt. Saint Peter don't you call me cause I can't go, I owe my soul to the company store".. I believe Tenn. Ernie Ford. Since it is youtube, I will look and see if I am right.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91353 Aug 1, 2013
@Imposter.. One of my favorites is Tom T. Hall's "Old Dogs and Children and Watermelon Wine".

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#91354 Aug 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not looked yet, but I bet it is "I was born one morning and the sun didn't shine, picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine, loaded 16 tone of number nine coal and the straw boss said well bless my soul"
You load 16 tons and what do you get? another day older and deeper in debt. Saint Peter don't you call me cause I can't go, I owe my soul to the company store".. I believe Tenn. Ernie Ford. Since it is youtube, I will look and see if I am right.
You are absolutely correct.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#91355 Aug 1, 2013
Hello everyone. Loved reading about the old stories. I learn something every time that I stop in here.@Marilyn: Glad that you have joined in and are sharing your memories. Welcome to the Bird Thread.
@ AW: I really enjoy your immense fund of knowledge, laced with dry humor.
@ Imposter: Hope that you continue to do well.
Keep the stories coming. I find you all most interesting. Beautiful day today. We all need to appreciate the small things in life, especially since we're all here for such a short period of time, in the grand scheme of things.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#91356 Aug 1, 2013
Hahaha that's it! I knew you would know that one.
The one before was king of the road by that Miller fellow. Yeah Rodger Miller that's him.
Take it easy its a good time a day to watch a good western.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91357 Aug 1, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Hahaha that's it! I knew you would know that one.
The one before was king of the road by that Miller fellow. Yeah Rodger Miller that's him.
Take it easy its a good time a day to watch a good western.
well Dang me, dang me
They ought to take a rope and hang me
High from the highest tree
Woman don't you weep for meeeeeeeeee

I wonder if Matt Dillon has gotten shot more times than Little Joe Cartwright has fell in love? I bet it is a toss up. LOL
Chassure Ghost

Winchester, KY

#91358 Aug 1, 2013
You can't mention Rodger Miller without "Dang Me" and "Tall Tall Trees"
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91361 Aug 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Did he also sing, Big Bad John? Might be off on the title.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91362 Aug 1, 2013
I remember, my great granny had an underground cellar for keeping things in chilled during the summer. She'd carry water from a stream to put on the garden and to bathe in. I'll never forget the big, wash tub and the washboard. She never complained. That is remarkable. Too work so hard yet be so content. I could only strive to be half the good woman she was.
Wallpaper for her was newspaper clippings;) Her small kept her content in this life.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91363 Aug 1, 2013
* her small homestead
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91365 Aug 1, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Correct. Did he also sing, Big Bad John? Might be off on the title.
Thinking that was Jimmy Dean. might not have been.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91366 Aug 1, 2013
yep, I googled and it was Jimmy Dean

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min ChromiuMan 133,233
Free mountain cur pups (Jan '12) 17 min Leeleastar 10
Flea Market Pups 1 hr instructor 2
lets go to florida 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 28
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 2 hr jack 2
No super high speed internet in rural area's 2 hr fixthis 4
Lisa grubb & terry jones 6 hr Lisa Jones 4
To the Garland family 17 hr Elvis 16
dinky phipps Sun shamed 25
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search