Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,741 - 76,760 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 22 hrs ago

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have had some really bad news here. If I could, I'd like to ask for good thoughts and prayers from you all. Thanks in advance.
I have no idea what your problem is, my friend, but rest assured that Big Stevie will put you on his prayer list. The Lord will know, and that's all that matters. Try to have a good day, as best you can, and God bless!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a special woman to do this-- I have friends who are raising grandchildren and I pray for them often because it has to be so difficult. He's blessed to have you in his life
Thank-you, Dear. It was kind of you to say that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have had some really bad news here. If I could, I'd like to ask for good thoughts and prayers from you all. Thanks in advance.
We all care about each other here on this thread, and I especially wish you peace in your time of need. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Homework.:-(
I hate it. And what's even worse is that the things they bring home to do is stuff I've never ever seen before. I'm glad I don't have to be responsible for homework anymore
Also, lala, when that song that was mentioned earlier first came out I would've been 22 at that time so I'm guessing we are about the same age. Lol
Yup, I was just turning 22, in the summer of '74, so we are about the same age. Funny, I still think much like I did back then, but then I look in the mirror, and wonder who is looking back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Hi, Big Stevie. Nice to see that you popped in to say hello and offer prayer for Roaming.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I was just turning 22, in the summer of '74, so we are about the same age. Funny, I still think much like I did back then, but then I look in the mirror, and wonder who is looking back.
You all are just a bunch of young kids. I already had an 8 year old and a 3 year old and had already put in 13 years in the work force and I did not bother listening to that kind of music (noise) LOL. So Yes, I really am Ancient. LOL
De Truth

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Birds dropping from the sky, massive fish dying all over the world, sea creatures beaching themselves at an increasing alarming rate and nobody knows what's goin on?
God is trying to get everyone's attention.
The end is coming soon people.
Turn from sin, repent and ask Jesus into your heart.
You won't regret it.

Jesus loves you!!!
seriously

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Wow
worried

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Everybody's still awfully worried about these birds.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You all are just a bunch of young kids. I already had an 8 year old and a 3 year old and had already put in 13 years in the work force and I did not bother listening to that kind of music (noise) LOL. So Yes, I really am Ancient. LOL
Aw, come on. You're only a few years older than we are. According to my recollection of some of your past comments, you're about my Hubby's age, and he's not old (although he sometimes thinks he is). You are probably less than a decade older than we are. I've known 'young people' of 70 and 'old people' of 40. It's a state of mind.
Anne

Marshall, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Aw, AW, now I guess you are a tad bit older but... Come on, fess up! Lol.
I am getting older and out of shape, I'll admit to that! Today I found out that I CANNOT any longer use the monkey bars at the playground. I hang there like dead weight.:-(
ALSO I CANNOT physically handle being swung around on the tire swing. Totally passing out sick. Nauseous. Wow. All I'm good for is paying the entrance fees. Lol

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Thanks you all. My family and I could always use those prayers. Myself, I am going through some heartache. I can't believe how much simple things hurt so much.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

I am younger than wolf by about a decade more or less by my calculations and guesstimate. But I did live/work in a manner/environment that are both known to be hard on a body.
I was around when asbestos was still cool.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Imposter wrote:
Mine works fine, I used a regular old red plastic cup, two washing machine hose rubber washer inserts, two flat washers and two nuts through a piece of hollow all thread. Made it in under a half hour. no more ants in the sugar water and the hummingbird show is on as I write this.
Thanks Mississippi man that was a good idea.
You're sure welcome and glad it worked for you. BTW, mind if I ask what liquid you put in the "moat"? I ask because during wind and storms the cooking oil that we used to use would splash some on the glass part of the feeder, made a bad mess and after the sun baked it on there, it was hard to get off. We just use water now.

Back a ways ya all was talking about age. I graduated in 1962 so that gives you a good idea. Just got a hair cut today and the girl had me check it out in the mirrors, you know. Well, some gray is sprouting out and I wish I hadn't looked in the mirror! They got better light in there than I do. Oh well, I'll never be bald or smoothed mouthed cause you can buy both of them!!!!!
Poster formally known as

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
I am younger than wolf by about a decade more or less by my calculations and guesstimate. But I did live/work in a manner/environment that are both known to be hard on a body.
Asbestos siding available in 16 colors!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, come on. You're only a few years older than we are. According to my recollection of some of your past comments, you're about my Hubby's age, and he's not old (although he sometimes thinks he is). You are probably less than a decade older than we are. I've known 'young people' of 70 and 'old people' of 40. It's a state of mind.
I used to be at that awkward age.."Too young for Medicare, and too old for women to care" But now I have grown out of half of that. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sure welcome and glad it worked for you. BTW, mind if I ask what liquid you put in the "moat"? I ask because during wind and storms the cooking oil that we used to use would splash some on the glass part of the feeder, made a bad mess and after the sun baked it on there, it was hard to get off. We just use water now.
Back a ways ya all was talking about age. I graduated in 1962 so that gives you a good idea. Just got a hair cut today and the girl had me check it out in the mirrors, you know. Well, some gray is sprouting out and I wish I hadn't looked in the mirror! They got better light in there than I do. Oh well, I'll never be bald or smoothed mouthed cause you can buy both of them!!!!!
Maybe add a little Dawn dish liquid to the moat???. I cut my own hair and cut it short enough to get rid of the gray and the parts that curl when I wear my hats (which is anytime I am outside in the sun). I was already working my way through college in 1962, so I must be a little older.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
And I was around when "cool" only referred to the temperatures. LOL
Critterridder

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

To keep ants out of your hummingbird feeder just go to lowes and buy an ant guard. They can be found with the other feeder/nectar stuff. They are cheap and absolutely stop the ants. No chance of a mess either. Happy trails!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Hi guys. Just popped in for a second to catch up.

For your Hummingbird feeders, all you have to do it wrap some cotton around that string. Ants won't go over it. One cotton ball, just unwind some cotton from the ball and put it around the string. Top or bottom, it doesn't matter.

I've been doing that for years. It never fails me. Oil is too messy and can also hurt the hummies little wings if it gets on them.

Cotton. I swear by it. Plain old cotton, just wrapped lightly around the string so the ants cant get around it..

Have a great day everyone!

_-_Nope_-_
Peace, out..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min NewsHeadlines 129,000
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min NewsHeadlines 147,048
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 19 min Bob 6
Barbourville online and Windstream 24 min andy 17
Knox County = Stupid 34 min Charles 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Buck Ofama 16,131
Stivers Center fixes 2 hr Premo 61
john sowders 6 hr stephanie 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search