Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,838)

Showing posts 76,741 - 76,760 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Who in the heck if the "pr lady"?

The God I worship and pray to has never been into "pr" work as far as I know... We are Gods source of "pr". And hopefully, we provide a good example by our personal actions while we're in this human vessel on Earth..

You're obviously up to something, so spill it already. LOL. The suspense has my interest peaked, hehe!! And might I add, that's a hard feat to accomplish as far as I'm concerned on here.
:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Thank you all very much. Lost a cousin who was a close friend today. Will miss him very much.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

I'm sorry to hear that, Roaming. I lost a cousin a few months back too. He died very suddenly. It was a complete shock to my whole family.

He was found at home by another family member who had gone to check on him.(Apparently it wasn't a pretty sight and my other family member who found him dead is still in total shock, being as young as she is herself). My cousin had so many years left that he didn't get to experience.

We truly never know when our 'time is up'. I hope your family finds comfort in each other, and peace through faith.

I also hope your heart heals. I'm so very sorry for your pain and loss.....
:(
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

LI0NSDEN wrote:
<quoted text> How about just go to walmart and by a clear plastic tube with about 6 doors on it with stoops for birds to sit on..Fill it with seed and BAMMMM! bird feeder and seed for under twelve bucks...Just a suggestion, you know instead of o-rings and cups and cutting and hydraulic oil and what not...LMAO.....I got Big Bird in my front yard eating for only 12 bucks.
We were posting about hummingbird feeders, "NOT" your everyday sort of bird-brain feeder. I didn't mean to blow your world apart! But you give me another try, and I will!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Now that, I can build. I already have everything it would take in the little shack out behind my bigger shack LOL. I'm going to try the chalk trick while I make the "moat bowl".
A moat bowl!!!! Well, I sure never thought of that but you sure got it right. Gotta love it! Let me know how your's turns out. I got a feeling you're gonna revise it somehow. May be an improvement.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

I don't spend any money on bird feeders. The Good Lord and I provide the corn, which gets "tithed" to the old folks and the varmits. The deer and the raccoons "tithe" a little residue to chickens and they "tithe" egg money to buy more feed and provide enough gas to go get it and still "tithe" residual chicken feed to the birds that are on the low end of the food chain.

I have about a half dozen red cardinals and numerous barn swallows and other birds that know where their next meal is coming from and must wear a Timex to know when it is feeding time. And GOD provided all that so that I can keep on keeping on and remember to be give THANKS knowing where it all originates. My favorite Gospel song is "HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW and I know he watches me".

none

Benham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Really?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that, Roaming. I lost a cousin a few months back too. He died very suddenly. It was a complete shock to my whole family.
He was found at home by another family member who had gone to check on him.(Apparently it wasn't a pretty sight and my other family member who found him dead is still in total shock, being as young as she is herself). My cousin had so many years left that he didn't get to experience.
We truly never know when our 'time is up'. I hope your family finds comfort in each other, and peace through faith.
I also hope your heart heals. I'm so very sorry for your pain and loss.....
:(
Yes this was very sudden. No warning. It's all been a bit much to take in the last few hours. We are all dealing with it. Thanks very much.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Yes this was very sudden. No warning. It's all been a bit much to take in the last few hours. We are all dealing with it. Thanks very much.
I am so sorry about your loss. My prayers to you and your family as they go through this difficult time.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

About the hummingbird feeders. My dad put a little "cup" ( he recycled old spray can caps for this purpose),--turned up to the sky --over the hummingbird feeder . I do not recall the exact procedure but it seemed to work. I know he kept some sort of liquid in the cap. Vegetable oil?
Perhaps he just knotted the hummingbird feeder cord about 6 inches from the feeder, drilled a small hole in the cap and threaded the cap onto the string, sealing the hole with hot glue(?) or another glue. A washer might help stabilize the paint cap. He had 3 or 4 feeders hanging along a wire he had strung between 2 trees in the front yard. Hummingbirds loved his feeders.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Mine works fine, I used a regular old red plastic cup, two washing machine hose rubber washer inserts, two flat washers and two nuts through a piece of hollow all thread. Made it in under a half hour. no more ants in the sugar water and the hummingbird show is on as I write this.
Thanks Mississippi man that was a good idea.

BTW the chalk worked too! So thanks to the guy from Hyden too, although you troll my home thread regularly, you did do something nice and helpful here. I would have stuck with the chalk but I wanted something more permanent. I like to see those little hummers in the mornings.

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have had some really bad news here. If I could, I'd like to ask for good thoughts and prayers from you all. Thanks in advance.
I have no idea what your problem is, my friend, but rest assured that Big Stevie will put you on his prayer list. The Lord will know, and that's all that matters. Try to have a good day, as best you can, and God bless!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a special woman to do this-- I have friends who are raising grandchildren and I pray for them often because it has to be so difficult. He's blessed to have you in his life
Thank-you, Dear. It was kind of you to say that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have had some really bad news here. If I could, I'd like to ask for good thoughts and prayers from you all. Thanks in advance.
We all care about each other here on this thread, and I especially wish you peace in your time of need. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Homework.:-(
I hate it. And what's even worse is that the things they bring home to do is stuff I've never ever seen before. I'm glad I don't have to be responsible for homework anymore
Also, lala, when that song that was mentioned earlier first came out I would've been 22 at that time so I'm guessing we are about the same age. Lol
Yup, I was just turning 22, in the summer of '74, so we are about the same age. Funny, I still think much like I did back then, but then I look in the mirror, and wonder who is looking back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Hi, Big Stevie. Nice to see that you popped in to say hello and offer prayer for Roaming.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I was just turning 22, in the summer of '74, so we are about the same age. Funny, I still think much like I did back then, but then I look in the mirror, and wonder who is looking back.
You all are just a bunch of young kids. I already had an 8 year old and a 3 year old and had already put in 13 years in the work force and I did not bother listening to that kind of music (noise) LOL. So Yes, I really am Ancient. LOL
De Truth

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Birds dropping from the sky, massive fish dying all over the world, sea creatures beaching themselves at an increasing alarming rate and nobody knows what's goin on?
God is trying to get everyone's attention.
The end is coming soon people.
Turn from sin, repent and ask Jesus into your heart.
You won't regret it.

Jesus loves you!!!
seriously

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Wow
worried

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Everybody's still awfully worried about these birds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,741 - 76,760 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Libertarian 122,579
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Jay 138,356
Lay K Teachers 23 min the man 8
Larry dye and Amy dye 24 min haha 15
Prositute Wendy mills creek 25 min pleeese 4
mike baker for jailer 1 hr Tara 10
Would love to have a female to HUG and SNUGGLE ... 1 hr lol 9
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 4 hr desperado 12
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 9:59AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••