Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,773

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91270 Jul 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Mine works fine, I used a regular old red plastic cup, two washing machine hose rubber washer inserts, two flat washers and two nuts through a piece of hollow all thread. Made it in under a half hour. no more ants in the sugar water and the hummingbird show is on as I write this.
Thanks Mississippi man that was a good idea.
You're sure welcome and glad it worked for you. BTW, mind if I ask what liquid you put in the "moat"? I ask because during wind and storms the cooking oil that we used to use would splash some on the glass part of the feeder, made a bad mess and after the sun baked it on there, it was hard to get off. We just use water now.

Back a ways ya all was talking about age. I graduated in 1962 so that gives you a good idea. Just got a hair cut today and the girl had me check it out in the mirrors, you know. Well, some gray is sprouting out and I wish I hadn't looked in the mirror! They got better light in there than I do. Oh well, I'll never be bald or smoothed mouthed cause you can buy both of them!!!!!
Poster formally known as

Winchester, KY

#91271 Jul 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I am younger than wolf by about a decade more or less by my calculations and guesstimate. But I did live/work in a manner/environment that are both known to be hard on a body.
I was around when asbestos was still cool.
Asbestos siding available in 16 colors!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91273 Jul 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, come on. You're only a few years older than we are. According to my recollection of some of your past comments, you're about my Hubby's age, and he's not old (although he sometimes thinks he is). You are probably less than a decade older than we are. I've known 'young people' of 70 and 'old people' of 40. It's a state of mind.
I used to be at that awkward age.."Too young for Medicare, and too old for women to care" But now I have grown out of half of that. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91274 Jul 30, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sure welcome and glad it worked for you. BTW, mind if I ask what liquid you put in the "moat"? I ask because during wind and storms the cooking oil that we used to use would splash some on the glass part of the feeder, made a bad mess and after the sun baked it on there, it was hard to get off. We just use water now.
Back a ways ya all was talking about age. I graduated in 1962 so that gives you a good idea. Just got a hair cut today and the girl had me check it out in the mirrors, you know. Well, some gray is sprouting out and I wish I hadn't looked in the mirror! They got better light in there than I do. Oh well, I'll never be bald or smoothed mouthed cause you can buy both of them!!!!!
Maybe add a little Dawn dish liquid to the moat???. I cut my own hair and cut it short enough to get rid of the gray and the parts that curl when I wear my hats (which is anytime I am outside in the sun). I was already working my way through college in 1962, so I must be a little older.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91275 Jul 30, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I am younger than wolf by about a decade more or less by my calculations and guesstimate. But I did live/work in a manner/environment that are both known to be hard on a body.
I was around when asbestos was still cool.
And I was around when "cool" only referred to the temperatures. LOL
Critterridder

United States

#91277 Jul 30, 2013
To keep ants out of your hummingbird feeder just go to lowes and buy an ant guard. They can be found with the other feeder/nectar stuff. They are cheap and absolutely stop the ants. No chance of a mess either. Happy trails!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#91279 Jul 30, 2013
Hi guys. Just popped in for a second to catch up.

For your Hummingbird feeders, all you have to do it wrap some cotton around that string. Ants won't go over it. One cotton ball, just unwind some cotton from the ball and put it around the string. Top or bottom, it doesn't matter.

I've been doing that for years. It never fails me. Oil is too messy and can also hurt the hummies little wings if it gets on them.

Cotton. I swear by it. Plain old cotton, just wrapped lightly around the string so the ants cant get around it..

Have a great day everyone!

_-_Nope_-_
Peace, out..........
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91281 Jul 30, 2013
But the old hermit has a dinner date with an attractive lady that is not over the hill yet. I guess in memory of UNA, I should call it supper. LOL
Hummingbird

Glasgow, KY

#91282 Jul 30, 2013
I love hummingbirds all this information makes me so happy.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91285 Jul 30, 2013
Yeah I was an older teen when cool meant cool not cool. Hahaha

I put water in the moat but I put out E37 granular ant bait too.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91287 Jul 30, 2013
Is Abeliever on vacation or something?
John

Paintsville, KY

#91288 Jul 30, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Like as not he dont need any.
talk to the pr lady
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91289 Jul 30, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>talk to the pr lady
I am an expert in the field of pr ladies. I have them figured out except for one thing.
Why do they wear the whole top part of their boobies out and then cover them up with their hand when I gawk at them?
some random passer by

London, KY

#91290 Jul 30, 2013
wow wrote:
Well if you go by the bible then it would mean the 7th seal has been broken and the end of times are near.If you by science there is a reasonable explaination for the birds dying.Myself I think there is something going on here that will end up being explained.I think it is strange how ever that dead birds in 3 states and dead fish being found on the shores.The crazy weather pattern,volcanic activity,earthquakes,tornados in the middle of winter.Makes you think.


God's Kingdom will come. God's Will shall be done. We were created as creatures who wanted to explore who craved learning and we use science for this but we can not as God's people put our faith in science because in the end science will not save you. Some great scientists believed in the ONE TRUE GOD. Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein. Our God is an AMAZING God, and if God is for us than who can be against us?
Anne

United States

#91291 Jul 30, 2013
some random passer by wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Kingdom will come. God's Will shall be done. We were created as creatures who wanted to explore who craved learning and we use science for this but we can not as God's people put our faith in science because in the end science will not save you. Some great scientists believed in the ONE TRUE GOD. Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein. Our God is an AMAZING God, and if God is for us than who can be against us?
Our God is an amazing God! You got it!
Anne

United States

#91292 Jul 30, 2013
Okay . This age thing. I'll be 61 in less than 2 weeks. There. No secret . Lol. born in '52. Lol

But, I'm a feisty 60 right now! Oh, yeah!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91293 Jul 30, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Like as not he dont need any.
No, I surely don't need any pills to enjoy a good meal and good conversation with an attractive lady. I might need some Rolaids later though. LOL
Anne

United States

#91294 Jul 30, 2013
@roaming. I hope you and your family are finding strength to make it through your rough time. I'm still praying for you.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91295 Jul 30, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Is Abeliever on vacation or something?
I think she went back to work.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91296 Jul 30, 2013
Anne wrote:
Okay . This age thing. I'll be 61 in less than 2 weeks. There. No secret . Lol. born in '52. Lol
But, I'm a feisty 60 right now! Oh, yeah!
I think I might have some shoes older than that. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 59 min ChromiuMan 133,306
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr charles hebdo 697
Jayla phipps 1 hr friend 15
Joshua vandusen 1 hr abuser 1
barbourville street department seen on I75 2 hr Or maybe 8
Same ole Gary and Bonita Williams 3 hr Bhs student 14
Missing Dogs 7 hr Please Hep 2
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 12 hr GM Retired 8
dinky phipps 13 hr shamed 28
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster
Yahoo! Sports 9:39 AM
Dalton to replace Rodgers for Pro Bowl
NFL10:12 AM
Andy Dalton added to Pro Bowl roster
NBC Sports12:57 PM
Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton headed to his 2nd Pro Bowl
NBC Sports 3:15 AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition