Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
John

Paintsville, KY

#91194 Jul 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Gave away 8 dozen ears of corn yesterday. 16 plastic bags containing 6 ears each for the old folks. In about another week, I will be able to do that again. That and the exercise to keep the ticker humming are the main reasons I raise so much corn. Plus, the chickens get what the raccoons and deer mess over.
talk to pr lady
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91195 Jul 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here, not that I needed or wanted that anyways but for music I wemt to a Southern Gospel concert.
I was reading about the late life child bearing. That one commercial says if you have an erection lasting longer than 4 hours to call the doctor. Heck, forget the doctor. Just call the newspaper and the tv station. LOL
Ha!
Yeah my doctor is a man anyway. They must mean for you to call woman doctors?
LMAO I would have to backslide and call in a woman of ill repute, if that happened to me. Four hours, man oh man. Not in my best days....
I better get to the prayer meeting and work this one off.
Good day to you wolf.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91196 Jul 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>the pr lady knows all about this
The HR lady told me not to worry too much about the PR lady. Since I have been trying to live right I try to keep ladies out of my mind, I sure dont wont to marry again so I guess I'm between a rock and a hard place as ladies go.

Dang I'm going to be late. Good day people.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91198 Jul 28, 2013
Have had some really bad news here. If I could, I'd like to ask for good thoughts and prayers from you all. Thanks in advance.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91199 Jul 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have had some really bad news here. If I could, I'd like to ask for good thoughts and prayers from you all. Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear --- prayers going up for your private request right now.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91200 Jul 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I hope you find power in the love that surrounds you and strength in your heart and soul. Unfortunately, life has mountains of pain and burdens that we feel like are so tall to climb. I send blessings your way for a time of peace and comfort. May your pain or affliction be released and relief find you. Bless you again, from my hearth to yours,Roaming:)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#91201 Jul 28, 2013
Anne wrote:
IF I became pregnant I'd sue that doctor that was to remove the crib and leave the playpen. And at my age ... Lord, have mercy! And since my better half hasn't been home since, oh, March, oh my, what mess I'd be in!
Uh. My dads lifelong friend is 76 and has a first grader. Lol.
Well, I have a 9 year-old now that I raised since a baby, and I didn't even get to have the fun helping to create him. How's that any justice. But we love the little guy dearly, and wouldn't trade him for anything. But at our ages, YIKES. I'm supposed to be completely retired, free to travel, etc., and I'm ready to start school shopping, and gearing up for the daily homework.LOL

Location hidden

#91202 Jul 28, 2013
Hi, folks, I went horseback riding for the first time in 2 years, and did pretty well for an old lady out of shape. Beautiful day, today. By the way, how long does it take for tomatoes to turn red. I have huge tomatoes on the vine, but they are as green as the grass, and show no signs of ripening. The cherry tomatoes are ripening slowly, and we are beginning to pick them, but not the big ones. What are we doing wrong. They keep growing bigger, but nothing else.

Location hidden

#91203 Jul 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I have a 9 year-old now that I raised since a baby, and I didn't even get to have the fun helping to create him. How's that any justice. But we love the little guy dearly, and wouldn't trade him for anything. But at our ages, YIKES. I'm supposed to be completely retired, free to travel, etc., and I'm ready to start school shopping, and gearing up for the daily homework.LOL
You're a special woman to do this-- I have friends who are raising grandchildren and I pray for them often because it has to be so difficult. He's blessed to have you in his life

Location hidden

#91204 Jul 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Saturday night, no cigarette, no drink....no woman of ...ill repute.....
Zzzzeesh
Hahahaha But there is music. What rock band was known as the first native american rock group?
I bet you'll remember the song if you have a wrinkle or two on you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HUySsGG4dvkXX
Hey, that brought back old memories, LOL. Just graduated from college when that came out. I remember the song, but beg to pardon, I still don't have wrinkles, maybe a little bit of cellulite, but wrinkles, no. Hehehehe Lala

Location hidden

#91207 Jul 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Hi, folks, I went horseback riding for the first time in 2 years, and did pretty well for an old lady out of shape. Beautiful day, today. By the way, how long does it take for tomatoes to turn red. I have huge tomatoes on the vine, but they are as green as the grass, and show no signs of ripening. The cherry tomatoes are ripening slowly, and we are beginning to pick them, but not the big ones. What are we doing wrong. They keep growing bigger, but nothing else.
I had the same problem and was told it could be because of the rain we had. As long as they are firm and the stem seems healthy I'd leave it to ripen. I planted heirloom seeds too this year and they ripened quickly.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#91209 Jul 28, 2013
duh wrote:
Bout time for this to DIE..sick of seeing it and sick of the nuts trying to cover the other stories up with this BULL.Let it go NUTSSSSS!!!!!!
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose

Location hidden

#91210 Jul 28, 2013
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>May the bird of paradise fly up your nose
Qwerty. I could sure use a good horrible-scope today. What cha got?
Him i

Manchester, KY

#91213 Jul 28, 2013
Poor
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91217 Jul 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Most likely not enough sun. But look at the good side... Fried Green tomatoes. I like to roll them in corn meal and fry the one side to a golden brown, then turn them over and sprinkle either parmesan or mozzarella cheese on the top side while the bottom side browns. I prefer them more crispy than some folks.
Anne

United States

#91219 Jul 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Sorry I didn't check in earlier and see this. My prayers go out for you. I do hope that things have been resolved by now but I will still pray for your situation.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#91220 Jul 28, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Qwerty. I could sure use a good horrible-scope today. What cha got?
This is a super day for combining ice cream and cake in any way you like. You might want to confine your dessert to the bedroom, or you could be tempted outdoors for a brownie or milk shake. When dealing with indulgence, try to realize that your refrigerator is the force right now and darth vader could make you seem rather pushy or blunt.
Anne

United States

#91221 Jul 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have a 9 year-old now that I raised since a baby, and I didn't even get to have the fun helping to create him. How's that any justice. But we love the little guy dearly, and wouldn't trade him for anything. But at our ages, YIKES. I'm supposed to be completely retired, free to travel, etc., and I'm ready to start school shopping, and gearing up for the daily homework.LOL
Homework.:-(
I hate it. And what's even worse is that the things they bring home to do is stuff I've never ever seen before. I'm glad I don't have to be responsible for homework anymore
Also, lala, when that song that was mentioned earlier first came out I would've been 22 at that time so I'm guessing we are about the same age. Lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#91222 Jul 28, 2013
Hey there Bird Threaders!! LONG time, no chat!!

Imposter, just OH my gosh!! I'm glad to read that you're okay now.. I'm really sorry you went through a health scare like that. I had mine last year and as we know, Ancient Wolf and a few others of us have had their own as well. It certainly does put things into perspective. Hopefully, you'll be healthy from here on out and join us in this silly old bird thread for MANY more years!! I'll keep ya in my prayers darlin'!

As for everyone else, it took me over an hour to catch up on the Bird Thread reading alone, lol. I started here at the last page and knew that I was WAY behind, lol. So I went backward about 15 or so pages. MAN, what reading. So nice to see everyone having a good time!!

Things at the Nope house are the same old same old. Which is a GOOD THING! We're blessed, that's for sure. My critter kids are all well and fat, happy and sassy. Particularly the new featherhead. Man can this bird talk my ears off, HAHA. And is he smart. Yes, another critter has managed to tame ME and has me at it's beck and call..
:)

Well folks, I'm gonna catch up on some other threads I like. Chat with you all probably later tonight if anyone sticks around for that long! And OPEN THOSE WINDOWS WIDE IN YOUR HOUSES TONIGHT!! It's an excellent night for fresh air! Can you believe we have this nice cool weather and it's July??

Take those small blessing and hug 'em tight, LOL!!! I'm gonna sleep my face off tonight with the window WIDE open!!
<3

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#91223 Jul 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Uht oh..... Roaming, I'm SO sorry I missed this one. Also a bit embarrassed as well.. There I went on and on, just gushing about how well everyone was doing and missed this somehow???

I'll take even extra time to pray for you and whatever it is that has you so burdened. I'm really sorry. PM me if you wanna talk about it. Prayers are headed your way!!!

_-_Nope_-_
Sending up prayers for Roaming!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who got arrested at bville walmart? 19 min Ky Resident 4
HeShe backing warren for judge 32 min well 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min heymf 131,397
Is Mike Warren the man for Judge Ex? 1 hr Kristy 19
Family Court Judge 2 hr really 55
Michele Merida got married ? 3 hr Well 2
Posts being removed about Jailer 4 hr Please stay on track 4
who will you vote for as jailer 5 hr FB Friends 40
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match