Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#91202 Jul 28, 2013
Hi, folks, I went horseback riding for the first time in 2 years, and did pretty well for an old lady out of shape. Beautiful day, today. By the way, how long does it take for tomatoes to turn red. I have huge tomatoes on the vine, but they are as green as the grass, and show no signs of ripening. The cherry tomatoes are ripening slowly, and we are beginning to pick them, but not the big ones. What are we doing wrong. They keep growing bigger, but nothing else.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91203 Jul 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I have a 9 year-old now that I raised since a baby, and I didn't even get to have the fun helping to create him. How's that any justice. But we love the little guy dearly, and wouldn't trade him for anything. But at our ages, YIKES. I'm supposed to be completely retired, free to travel, etc., and I'm ready to start school shopping, and gearing up for the daily homework.LOL
You're a special woman to do this-- I have friends who are raising grandchildren and I pray for them often because it has to be so difficult. He's blessed to have you in his life

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#91204 Jul 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Saturday night, no cigarette, no drink....no woman of ...ill repute.....
Zzzzeesh
Hahahaha But there is music. What rock band was known as the first native american rock group?
I bet you'll remember the song if you have a wrinkle or two on you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HUySsGG4dvkXX
Hey, that brought back old memories, LOL. Just graduated from college when that came out. I remember the song, but beg to pardon, I still don't have wrinkles, maybe a little bit of cellulite, but wrinkles, no. Hehehehe Lala

Location hidden

#91207 Jul 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Hi, folks, I went horseback riding for the first time in 2 years, and did pretty well for an old lady out of shape. Beautiful day, today. By the way, how long does it take for tomatoes to turn red. I have huge tomatoes on the vine, but they are as green as the grass, and show no signs of ripening. The cherry tomatoes are ripening slowly, and we are beginning to pick them, but not the big ones. What are we doing wrong. They keep growing bigger, but nothing else.
I had the same problem and was told it could be because of the rain we had. As long as they are firm and the stem seems healthy I'd leave it to ripen. I planted heirloom seeds too this year and they ripened quickly.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#91209 Jul 28, 2013
duh wrote:
Bout time for this to DIE..sick of seeing it and sick of the nuts trying to cover the other stories up with this BULL.Let it go NUTSSSSS!!!!!!
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose

Location hidden

#91210 Jul 28, 2013
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>May the bird of paradise fly up your nose
Qwerty. I could sure use a good horrible-scope today. What cha got?
Him i

Manchester, KY

#91213 Jul 28, 2013
Poor
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91217 Jul 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Most likely not enough sun. But look at the good side... Fried Green tomatoes. I like to roll them in corn meal and fry the one side to a golden brown, then turn them over and sprinkle either parmesan or mozzarella cheese on the top side while the bottom side browns. I prefer them more crispy than some folks.
Anne

United States

#91219 Jul 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have had some really bad news here. If I could, I'd like to ask for good thoughts and prayers from you all. Thanks in advance.
Sorry I didn't check in earlier and see this. My prayers go out for you. I do hope that things have been resolved by now but I will still pray for your situation.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#91220 Jul 28, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Qwerty. I could sure use a good horrible-scope today. What cha got?
This is a super day for combining ice cream and cake in any way you like. You might want to confine your dessert to the bedroom, or you could be tempted outdoors for a brownie or milk shake. When dealing with indulgence, try to realize that your refrigerator is the force right now and darth vader could make you seem rather pushy or blunt.
Anne

United States

#91221 Jul 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have a 9 year-old now that I raised since a baby, and I didn't even get to have the fun helping to create him. How's that any justice. But we love the little guy dearly, and wouldn't trade him for anything. But at our ages, YIKES. I'm supposed to be completely retired, free to travel, etc., and I'm ready to start school shopping, and gearing up for the daily homework.LOL
Homework.:-(
I hate it. And what's even worse is that the things they bring home to do is stuff I've never ever seen before. I'm glad I don't have to be responsible for homework anymore
Also, lala, when that song that was mentioned earlier first came out I would've been 22 at that time so I'm guessing we are about the same age. Lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#91222 Jul 28, 2013
Hey there Bird Threaders!! LONG time, no chat!!

Imposter, just OH my gosh!! I'm glad to read that you're okay now.. I'm really sorry you went through a health scare like that. I had mine last year and as we know, Ancient Wolf and a few others of us have had their own as well. It certainly does put things into perspective. Hopefully, you'll be healthy from here on out and join us in this silly old bird thread for MANY more years!! I'll keep ya in my prayers darlin'!

As for everyone else, it took me over an hour to catch up on the Bird Thread reading alone, lol. I started here at the last page and knew that I was WAY behind, lol. So I went backward about 15 or so pages. MAN, what reading. So nice to see everyone having a good time!!

Things at the Nope house are the same old same old. Which is a GOOD THING! We're blessed, that's for sure. My critter kids are all well and fat, happy and sassy. Particularly the new featherhead. Man can this bird talk my ears off, HAHA. And is he smart. Yes, another critter has managed to tame ME and has me at it's beck and call..
:)

Well folks, I'm gonna catch up on some other threads I like. Chat with you all probably later tonight if anyone sticks around for that long! And OPEN THOSE WINDOWS WIDE IN YOUR HOUSES TONIGHT!! It's an excellent night for fresh air! Can you believe we have this nice cool weather and it's July??

Take those small blessing and hug 'em tight, LOL!!! I'm gonna sleep my face off tonight with the window WIDE open!!
<3

#91223 Jul 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have had some really bad news here. If I could, I'd like to ask for good thoughts and prayers from you all. Thanks in advance.
Uht oh..... Roaming, I'm SO sorry I missed this one. Also a bit embarrassed as well.. There I went on and on, just gushing about how well everyone was doing and missed this somehow???

I'll take even extra time to pray for you and whatever it is that has you so burdened. I'm really sorry. PM me if you wanna talk about it. Prayers are headed your way!!!

_-_Nope_-_
Sending up prayers for Roaming!!!
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91224 Jul 28, 2013
My thoughts and prayers go out to Roaming in her time of need.

Yeah I have turned over a bunch of new leafs lately Nope. Sometimes it takes a smack down for one to worry about his standing with the good Lord above... like he should have all along.
Such was true in my case.
John

Paintsville, KY

#91225 Jul 28, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uht oh..... Roaming, I'm SO sorry I missed this one. Also a bit embarrassed as well.. There I went on and on, just gushing about how well everyone was doing and missed this somehow???
I'll take even extra time to pray for you and whatever it is that has you so burdened. I'm really sorry. PM me if you wanna talk about it. Prayers are headed your way!!!
_-_Nope_-_
Sending up prayers for Roaming!!!
talk to the pr lady, she will help you

#91226 Jul 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>talk to the pr lady, she will help you
Pardon? I don't understand. Sorry.

#91227 Jul 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
My thoughts and prayers go out to Roaming in her time of need.
Yeah I have turned over a bunch of new leafs lately Nope. Sometimes it takes a smack down for one to worry about his standing with the good Lord above... like he should have all along.
Such was true in my case.
It took a hard knock in the head to turn my stubborn butt in the right direction too, Imposter. I think we all can admit that to a certain degree...

I thought I was invincible and didn't pay attention to any of the signs that I might be having deadly health issues going on until it was almost too late. God wasn't ready for me yet, but He made sure that my surgeons hands were, and that's a fact. I had a procedure that not many in this area, or in the country for that matter, have had done the way my surgeon and his staff did it that day. It was miraculous, to say the least!! I'm still astonished at his skill, even that he had JUST learned a new technique and used it on me. He saved my life. Even my primary care doc said I was a ticking time bomb and read me the riot act for ignoring all the signs and not letting them know about it beforehand, LOL!!
(Seriously, I'm very thankful that I'm still around to "LOL" about the chewing out I got from that particular doctor too, hehe)!!

I'm just really glad that you're okay. Hopefully you stay that way!! Nice to see you in the threads again! And I mean that sincerely. After we all heard that Una had passed, it did a number on me too. I was stunned. Even though he didn't like me either, he was still a human being and had his unique 'qualities', hehe. I do miss his postings..
:(
John

Paintsville, KY

#91228 Jul 28, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon? I don't understand. Sorry.
talk to pr lady any questions you may have
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91229 Jul 28, 2013
I never really disliked anyone I was just causing trouble back then, plain and simple truth.

I'm a different man now. Goodnight.

#91230 Jul 28, 2013
Who in the heck if the "pr lady"?

The God I worship and pray to has never been into "pr" work as far as I know... We are Gods source of "pr". And hopefully, we provide a good example by our personal actions while we're in this human vessel on Earth..

You're obviously up to something, so spill it already. LOL. The suspense has my interest peaked, hehe!! And might I add, that's a hard feat to accomplish as far as I'm concerned on here.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emily Collins 1 hr john 3
teena Marie mills 1 hr Darren 8
where the heck is brandon brayson? (Apr '11) 2 hr truth 7
jason hughes 2 hr whoa 12
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 2 hr barberette5657 3
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 3 hr Darren 226
food stamp office 3 hr Darren 16
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 4 hr Just a fact 22
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52