Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,501 - 76,520 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday
what now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just another humid day here in Kentucky.
Too muggy to sleep. I think I will go outside and make my rounds and wake up the animals and talk to them awhile. Poor things might think I done lost it. But then, they may be right! Hopefully cool off some anyways.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit that I do like the country side better than Honolulu. But that's the point I have selected for the weather updates.(Our niece lives there). There's plenty of farming land , cattle and trees over on the big island of Hawaii and I enjoy that. One thing for sure I couldn't afford living there. The winters here aren't the worst I've lived through and the older I get, the warmer I want the winters...lol. Come summertime and I prefer heading north, way north..for vacation.
Good Night and Sweet Dreams!
I have spent some time in the warmer winter climates and want no part of it. Roaches so big they choose to call them "water bugs" or "tree bugs". I would rather spend my final days sitting around the fireside here in Central Kentucky near the horse farms with painted fences. Then rolling hills, creeks, and rivers close by. PARADISE (when you get away from the cities and larger towns).
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

You are absolutely right about those so-called water bugs! Just plain ole roaches to me!! Lol
I don't do well in summers heat anymore and then the cold I'd something I just don't like. One winter we spent in Minnesota the highest it got that particular January was 10 above. I'm glad we're out of there! Lol
Haha

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

I gave them aids

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Classic joke of the day!
What do you call a virgin on a waterbed?
A cherry float!
ROFLMAO!
This wasn't Big Stevie, but then, his friends know that. Accept no substitutes! Have a nice day, anyway, pretender!
Star chaser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Hot ain't it?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

what now wrote:
<quoted text>
Too muggy to sleep. I think I will go outside and make my rounds and wake up the animals and talk to them awhile. Poor things might think I done lost it. But then, they may be right! Hopefully cool off some anyways.
I usually take my dog for a night time walk. It's safer, not as much traffic, and its cooler. Wasn't terrible last night. It's going to get worse, of course.
Rah

Camby, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

I need this one bird to die that's always attacking me when I walk outside. I hate that damn bird.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text>
This wasn't Big Stevie, but then, his friends know that. Accept no substitutes! Have a nice day, anyway, pretender!
Hello, Big Stevie! Stop by soon with one of your jokes! This heat has us all rather sluggish and we could use a good chuckle!
Apache Lou

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Classic joke of the day!
What do you call a virgin on a waterbed?
A cherry float!
ROFLMAO!
Chief Apache Lou say that was funny joke, thank you for the giggles.
what

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Gggg
Anonymous

Belgrade, Serbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

hosspeewee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

big storm a-comin
gona kill more birdies ,..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

No storm here, just noise and moved on

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

No rain here yet. Would be nice. Hate it when it gets a little dusty.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

If its not raining yet, then we can go shopping and charge it to the dust and let the rain settle it!

Off to bed and hopefully to sleep ...!
SLEEPY HOLLOW

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
If its not raining yet, then we can go shopping and charge it to the dust and let the rain settle it!
Off to bed and hopefully to sleep ...!
Yup u off to bed alone cause u to damn ugly to slip off to bed with... bahahaha.
drone

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
I think I have seen my first drone today. I seen a little dot over the mountain and went in and got my binoculars and sure enough it was a little helicopter thing flying along the ridge line. I guess they're looking for pot patches or something. Amazing, some kid in the southwest was probably controlling that thing.
$100 reward for each drone shot down, hunting license $25.
http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/newshound/20...

...see comment about drones as small as a fly or mosquito.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. I've got to live up to the legend that I have created in this Birds thread. I have lots of fans here in this thread and you are one of the masses. Congratulations on being one of my fans and thank you for your support.
Lots of love,
BIG_STEVIE
Folks, this wasn't the real Big Stevie. As I've said, "Accept no substitutes!" He/she can keep on doing this all he/she wants, but Big Stevie's friends know who is who.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be quite the thing to see! Wonder if any are floating around my neck oh the woods? Rather scary .
I wouldn't have thought anything like that would be flying around way back in the sticks hereabouts until I seen it with my own eyes. A friend told me there was a write-up in the local paper about the KSP planning to use drones to search for marijuana eradication around here this year. I suppose that's what it was looking for.
I dont really have a dog in the fight as far as pot growing goes. I will say this: if these young men around here had more job opportunities they probably wouldn't have to fight the heat, the law, the thieves and the rattlesnakes and copperheads trying to grow their money crop. Most likely one of them will collect that drone bounty someone posted LOL. I could have shot it a dozen times with my old British enfield 303 the thing wouldn't have had a chance.
Damn little whirlygigger buzzing around like that. Dont they know how hillbillies are? Guess not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Cornelius Scudmister 150,041
Missy Lake 46 min Question 1
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 1 hr yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Jealous Person 3,474
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Curious 130,287
Charmaine 4 hr Shameless 1
D Boone Days 4 hr Booneville Man 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••