Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90922 Jul 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
Good Morning! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
It is bea-u-ti-ful today!! You pool divas will really enjoy that pool later. And AW you'll be headed for that creek! Hmmm. Maybe you could install a ceiling fan on a low hanging branch over your favorite swimming hole. Wouldn't that be just grand! Lol get a fan with those palm leaf blades!
I can jump in the creek or the water hose and run back in the house and sit under my 2 ceiling fans suspended down from the apex ceiling, or looks like I can wait about 30 more minutes and go stand out in the rain. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90923 Jul 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I can jump in the creek or the water hose and run back in the house and sit under my 2 ceiling fans suspended down from the apex ceiling, or looks like I can wait about 30 more minutes and go stand out in the rain. LOL
I've been thinking about finding a quarter like yours, I'd do a whole lot of that just skinny dipping. Lol. Sounds real nice. Bet that dog likes wading the creek and hose as well.
Faire eve' to All:) stay cool...cloudy day.
Anne

United States

#90924 Jul 17, 2013
Hmmmm. AW Just checked my local weather and no rain in sight... Then I checked Honolulu 's weather. It's raining there. Might you be in Honolulu ?
sigh. That would be nice!

The creeks I have are just piddling little things... It would be nice to have one that would float a little canoe... A creek like that would be loads of fun. We used to walk the creek making sure we hit all the water holes. we had a favorite clay cliff that we would slide down again snd again to the little water hole at the bottom of the cliff. Great summer fun!
Imposter

London, KY

#90925 Jul 17, 2013
I think I have seen my first drone today. I seen a little dot over the mountain and went in and got my binoculars and sure enough it was a little helicopter thing flying along the ridge line. I guess they're looking for pot patches or something. Amazing, some kid in the southwest was probably controlling that thing.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90926 Jul 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
Hmmmm. AW Just checked my local weather and no rain in sight... Then I checked Honolulu 's weather. It's raining there. Might you be in Honolulu ?
sigh. That would be nice!
The creeks I have are just piddling little things... It would be nice to have one that would float a little canoe... A creek like that would be loads of fun. We used to walk the creek making sure we hit all the water holes. we had a favorite clay cliff that we would slide down again snd again to the little water hole at the bottom of the cliff. Great summer fun!
My rain did not develop. It was just a lot of thunder amd black clouds here in Central Kentucky near the Kentucky River and moved on out. So, no I am not in Honolulu and have no desire to be. LOL
save the gator

AOL

#90927 Jul 17, 2013
i have floated a boat down russel creek ,... it aint easy ,... but can be done
anonymous

Eddyville, KY

#90928 Jul 17, 2013
Interesting
SoItisTrue

Tampa, FL

#90929 Jul 17, 2013
Actions speak louder than words.
Anne

United States

#90930 Jul 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
My rain did not develop. It was just a lot of thunder amd black clouds here in Central Kentucky near the Kentucky River and moved on out. So, no I am not in Honolulu and have no desire to be. LOL
I will admit that I do like the country side better than Honolulu. But that's the point I have selected for the weather updates.(Our niece lives there). There's plenty of farming land , cattle and trees over on the big island of Hawaii and I enjoy that. One thing for sure I couldn't afford living there. The winters here aren't the worst I've lived through and the older I get, the warmer I want the winters...lol. Come summertime and I prefer heading north, way north..for vacation.
Good Night and Sweet Dreams!
Anne

United States

#90931 Jul 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I think I have seen my first drone today. I seen a little dot over the mountain and went in and got my binoculars and sure enough it was a little helicopter thing flying along the ridge line. I guess they're looking for pot patches or something. Amazing, some kid in the southwest was probably controlling that thing.
That would be quite the thing to see! Wonder if any are floating around my neck oh the woods? Rather scary .
Ohh

Winchester, KY

#90932 Jul 17, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
Scary
what now

United States

#90933 Jul 17, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just another humid day here in Kentucky.
Too muggy to sleep. I think I will go outside and make my rounds and wake up the animals and talk to them awhile. Poor things might think I done lost it. But then, they may be right! Hopefully cool off some anyways.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90934 Jul 18, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit that I do like the country side better than Honolulu. But that's the point I have selected for the weather updates.(Our niece lives there). There's plenty of farming land , cattle and trees over on the big island of Hawaii and I enjoy that. One thing for sure I couldn't afford living there. The winters here aren't the worst I've lived through and the older I get, the warmer I want the winters...lol. Come summertime and I prefer heading north, way north..for vacation.
Good Night and Sweet Dreams!
I have spent some time in the warmer winter climates and want no part of it. Roaches so big they choose to call them "water bugs" or "tree bugs". I would rather spend my final days sitting around the fireside here in Central Kentucky near the horse farms with painted fences. Then rolling hills, creeks, and rivers close by. PARADISE (when you get away from the cities and larger towns).
Anne

United States

#90935 Jul 18, 2013
You are absolutely right about those so-called water bugs! Just plain ole roaches to me!! Lol
I don't do well in summers heat anymore and then the cold I'd something I just don't like. One winter we spent in Minnesota the highest it got that particular January was 10 above. I'm glad we're out of there! Lol
Haha

Columbus, IN

#90937 Jul 18, 2013
I gave them aids

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#90939 Jul 18, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Classic joke of the day!
What do you call a virgin on a waterbed?
A cherry float!
ROFLMAO!
This wasn't Big Stevie, but then, his friends know that. Accept no substitutes! Have a nice day, anyway, pretender!
Star chaser

United States

#90940 Jul 18, 2013
Hot ain't it?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90941 Jul 18, 2013
what now wrote:
<quoted text>
Too muggy to sleep. I think I will go outside and make my rounds and wake up the animals and talk to them awhile. Poor things might think I done lost it. But then, they may be right! Hopefully cool off some anyways.
I usually take my dog for a night time walk. It's safer, not as much traffic, and its cooler. Wasn't terrible last night. It's going to get worse, of course.
Rah

Camby, IN

#90942 Jul 18, 2013
I need this one bird to die that's always attacking me when I walk outside. I hate that damn bird.
Anne

United States

#90943 Jul 18, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text>
This wasn't Big Stevie, but then, his friends know that. Accept no substitutes! Have a nice day, anyway, pretender!
Hello, Big Stevie! Stop by soon with one of your jokes! This heat has us all rather sluggish and we could use a good chuckle!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 5 min pete 220
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 40 min user 12
German shepard 3 hr doggy 2
Porsche mills 3 hr sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 4 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 5 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr havent forgotten 131,904
To the Garland family 13 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... Fri Get a life 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Fri billy 183
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night