Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#90873 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hate oatmeal, try the cereal, "Just Bunches," which is a whole oat ingredient of the cereal "Honey Bunches of Oats." It is pretty good mixed with Yoplait light yogurt. If you must eat oatmeal, you might try adding just a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook your own oatmeal, and don't buy the instant pouches. That way, you can control the amount of brown sugar that you add. The pouches have too much sugar, and probably contain preservatives that you don't need.
I don't necessarily hate oatmeal but I love all things pork and beef LOL. I am making the changes just fine, trying to eat to live instead of live to eat. I wonder what the good Lord has for me yet to do on his earth? I guess I'll hang around as long as I can.
I went out this morning and looked around, listened to the birds, looked at the fireball bushes and lilac trees, and had to pray my thanks right there on the spot, this is some fine country I walk on folks. Fine fine country. Man cannot come close to the masters works. I am glad to be here for a spell yet.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90874 Jul 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
Back in the old days...our hot water was heated in the teakettle and we took our "baths" from a pan in the kitchen sink. Ivory soap is what mom bought. It made me itch. I probably didnt get all the soap washed off. Lol
The outhouse was about 50 feet from the house. A two seater! But we were always uptown cos we had rolls of real toilet paper and at grandmas there was the old sears catalog. At one point grandmas outhouse had a resident pet crow that could say " Hello"!
Our inside bathroom was furnished with a white enameled bucket(?) and lid. We used this at night and during inclement weather. Grandma and Grandpa had a a small bathroom installed in the late fifties but our house didn't get one till around 1965. Times, how they have changed!
My great granny was Cherokee and Irish; I was expecting her outhouse to be rough because of her working outside all the time. Boy, was I surprised when at 5 years old I walked in her outhouse and found nice, burgundy carpet.Lol. I never saw another outfitted like hers.We had an old metal bucket and a rickety, wooden one.No carpeting.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90877 Jul 14, 2013
I still have that white granite thunder mug with a lid with a red ring around the lid. It is just a conversation piece-collectable these days. I also have a similar colored water dipper that hangs on my wall. It was used to dip water from the metal water bucket and every one drank from it. There was also one hanging out by the spring where you could get a drink of cold spring water, but it rusted away years ago. They sold patches for those things in those days. It was just a small round beveled piece of metal with a fat screw that plugged any leak holes.

Old antique beds set higher off the floor so that the thunder mug could sit under the bed and not be tripped over when one got out of the bed wearing their Union Suit with a trap door in the back of the long johns.

Dog-tree-coffee-nostalgia time.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90878 Jul 14, 2013
Another sleepless night. I am beginning to wonder if I am suppose to sleep or if this is just the way it is. Oh well.
well

Amherst, OH

#90879 Jul 14, 2013
The good old days.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#90881 Jul 14, 2013
A murder of crows have been harassing a falcon all morning. No wonder they call it a murder of crows. It looks like a regular old aerial battle will continue to be pitched until the young falcon leaves the territory. I dont think he done a thing to those crows. Maybe the crows are in cahoots with the rabbits?
JustGoWithit

Tampa, FL

#90882 Jul 14, 2013
Quit keeping it a mystery
Anne

United States

#90883 Jul 14, 2013
In my spare bedroom I have my great grandparents furniture. The bed does set higher than modern furniture and I keep camping cots stored under there for visiting kids to sleep on. The bedside table has a lower shelf and that's where I keep the chamber pot. It was a steal for $5 at a thrift store. It's marked: ironstone china. J&S Meakin. Hanley. England. It's snowy white and in mint condition. Under the shelf, sitting on the floor is a ceramic bowl and pitcher set made during the early 1980's ceramic craft craZe. But that's okay. It looks good. Lol
Birdman of Alcatraz

Duluth, GA

#90884 Jul 14, 2013
Hundreds of birds die every year in Western Ky. It's called end of life span.
Anne

United States

#90885 Jul 14, 2013
The chest of drawers that goes with the bed had a sweet little treasure that I found. On the top drawer, on the outside of the side panel of the drawer , I found where my great aunt had written her name ! Kids are still the same, aren't they? "Get out of my chair!" "It's not your chair. Your name's not on it!" "Is so my chair, see my name down on the chair leg?" "Mommmm, make her get out of my chair!" I can hear my aunt! " get out of my drawer! Mommmm, make her get out of my drawer!" "Is so my drawer ...See my name? Right there!" Lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90886 Jul 14, 2013
A LONG day. Hoping for some sleep tonight.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90887 Jul 14, 2013
Anne wrote:
In my spare bedroom I have my great grandparents furniture. The bed does set higher than modern furniture and I keep camping cots stored under there for visiting kids to sleep on. The bedside table has a lower shelf and that's where I keep the chamber pot. It was a steal for $5 at a thrift store. It's marked: ironstone china. J&S Meakin. Hanley. England. It's snowy white and in mint condition. Under the shelf, sitting on the floor is a ceramic bowl and pitcher set made during the early 1980's ceramic craft craZe. But that's okay. It looks good. Lol
There is an old story about a couple in an old Western 1890s hotel with a pitcher-bowl and a chamber pot. The guy tossed the contents out the 2nd floor window and hit some guy below. He screamed up "Is that urine"? The reply was "No, that's hearn, mine will be down later". LOL
Anne

United States

#90888 Jul 14, 2013
H'ain't 'cha jus' sumpin wit' yer funnin'!!

Cute joke!

Have a wonderful evening and, especially to roaming , a good nights rest!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90889 Jul 15, 2013
Better last night. I did get a couple hours of sleep. I hope it works for me.:)
Have a great day all!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#90891 Jul 15, 2013
just thought i would stop in and say hi!!!!!!!!!! before this thread gets bumped to the second page. hope all is well with everyone. off to the pool i go..
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90892 Jul 15, 2013
betty wrote:
just thought i would stop in and say hi!!!!!!!!!! before this thread gets bumped to the second page. hope all is well with everyone. off to the pool i go..
Hey betty, I have been living at the pool and cleaning etc..on the raining days. Outside the four hours I work in the morning. Thread keeps going further down huh? Most regulars off doing their own thing and plenty of sad little trolls still eat up over the bird thread. lol

Hope is all is well with you and hubby. Enjoy your swim. I may go back for a night/tiki light swim after the sun goes down. It was hot earlier. I didn't stay out in it long. The water felt great but that sun was a blasting. haha

Take care.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90893 Jul 15, 2013
for lala, just too cute. Cats are hilarious.

Cat playing possum gives dog the surprise of its life

We open on a scene of tragedy, confusion, apprehension. There is a dog standing over the inert body of a cat that appears to be dead. The dog is perplexed. He seems almost mournful, in shock over the situation. But surprise! The cat is not dead. In fact, it's anything but, which turns the whole thing into a Looney Tunes episode, especially thanks to the soundtrack. Spoiler alert: Hilarity ensues.

http://now.msn.com/cat-scares-dog-in-funny-vi...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90894 Jul 15, 2013
Another one for lala, and all horse lovers...just too sweet.

Blind horse lent a hand er, a hoof from seeing-eye horse

Losing both his eyes to glaucoma didn't stop a horse named Skip from competing in shows. He's such a talented animal that his owners, the Czeck family from Chippewa Falls, Wis., say most spectators can't tell that he's sightless. But when he's getting around at home, Skip relies on help from his BFF Zipper, a fellow horse. "Zipper is his eyes," Victoria Czeck, Skip's rider, told WEUA. "Zipper tells him if he's going to run into the fence and if [he] gets lost in the pasture. If it's rainy, then Zipper will come get him, and let him know that he is there and he has nothing to worry about."

http://now.msn.com/skip-blind-horse-has-a-see...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90895 Jul 15, 2013
DIY

Yay!! Here is something for the Mosquito's they are eating me up!!!

Time to get ready for Mosquito invasions.

Here's an easy & pleasant repellant recipe you can make at home:

Combine in a 16 oz bottle:
15 drops lavender oil
3-4 Tbsp of vanilla extract
1/4 Cup lemon juice.

Fill bottle with water. Shake.Ready to use. Make some extra to gift to your family & friends.(Trust me.. it'll be appreciated!) Share this on your wall so you'll have it handy when it's needed.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90896 Jul 15, 2013
From GODvine, too cute. Wonder how little Leona is doing. Sure miss LSD923, among others...

Baby and His Husky Have an Adorable Deep Conversation

A mommy and daddy walked in on their son having the most intense conversation... with their husky! Watch as this baby and his best friend have a little conversation. So sweet!

http://www.godvine.com/Baby-and-His-Husky-fb-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 1 hr briar 15
judy basinger (Jul '09) 1 hr roaddog 74 18
who's the best lay from the creek 2 hr tinsel 7
Bastards 2 hr Dummies 1
Brett 3 hr Obvious 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Known Fact 131,920
dinky phipps 4 hr Yep 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 16 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 17 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating