Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,643

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90866 Jul 13, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes folks. Like wolf said some never know how good they have it till its about over.
I can do without pork chops for breakfast and force down plain oatmeal...eat more grass (salad) I guess.
I had some fine neighbors welcome me home, they said the holler just wouldn't be the same without me causing trouble up in here....
Abeliever if you were one mile closer- my old international harvester might would make it there.
I intend to live life to the fullest while I can, hope you all do the same.
Stay away from that bacon! It'll kill you! But dang if it aint good.
Get out and do something fun today, I am going to sleep a little while longer and do just that.
If you hate oatmeal, try the cereal, "Just Bunches," which is a whole oat ingredient of the cereal "Honey Bunches of Oats." It is pretty good mixed with Yoplait light yogurt. If you must eat oatmeal, you might try adding just a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook your own oatmeal, and don't buy the instant pouches. That way, you can control the amount of brown sugar that you add. The pouches have too much sugar, and probably contain preservatives that you don't need.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90867 Jul 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am having a dinner party with my best friend. He has 4 legs and sort of likes vienna sausages. LOL
Stein's tastes are getting too expensive. He waits for the good stuff, like the occasional piece of steak. Nevertheless, we don't have that too often here. It's usually catch is as catch can.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90868 Jul 13, 2013
What a beautiful day we had. We had some rain, but it cooled us off really nicely.
John

Clay City, KY

#90869 Jul 13, 2013
If any questions, ask the pr lady, she knows everything.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90870 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I remember the using the old washtub at my grandparents' home, when I was a kid. The youngest took the last bath. Yuck. I could have used some lye soap last night. I was working outside yesterday, and fell asleep on the couch before I took a shower. I woke up a couple of hours later, itching like heck. CHIGGERS!! Those are nasty critters that you can't even see...not to mention the ticks. We pay for the mild winters with an explosion in the insect population. I never knew what chiggers were until I got the nasty surprise when I moved down here.
I was just thnking about the old days with the washtub and Saturday night bath and lye soap. We had no electricity or running water back then and water had to be carried from the spring and heated on the old woodburning stove and that even in the summer. So Saturday was too often for me LOL Summer time, I just skipped the dirty bath water from the sisters and took a bar of soap to the creek.

I think I was 12 year old before I had my own bath water. LOL Since I only had sisters back then and I had to pack the water in and out and did not even get to use it first. POOH. I also had to pack their thunder mug out in the mornings and I never could understand why they could not just go to the tree like I did. LOL
Anne

United States

#90871 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Stein's tastes are getting too expensive. He waits for the good stuff, like the occasional piece of steak. Nevertheless, we don't have that too often here. It's usually catch is as catch can.
I haven't had a steak in sooo long and now my mouth is watering for a good steak. That is what I'll have tomorrow for Sunday dinner! lately my diet has been mostly chicken, fish, and hamburger and now, like the Eagles sing, its time for a cool change....
Anne

United States

#90872 Jul 13, 2013
Back in the old days...our hot water was heated in the teakettle and we took our "baths" from a pan in the kitchen sink. Ivory soap is what mom bought. It made me itch. I probably didnt get all the soap washed off. Lol
The outhouse was about 50 feet from the house. A two seater! But we were always uptown cos we had rolls of real toilet paper and at grandmas there was the old sears catalog. At one point grandmas outhouse had a resident pet crow that could say " Hello"!
Our inside bathroom was furnished with a white enameled bucket(?) and lid. We used this at night and during inclement weather. Grandma and Grandpa had a a small bathroom installed in the late fifties but our house didn't get one till around 1965. Times, how they have changed!
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#90873 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hate oatmeal, try the cereal, "Just Bunches," which is a whole oat ingredient of the cereal "Honey Bunches of Oats." It is pretty good mixed with Yoplait light yogurt. If you must eat oatmeal, you might try adding just a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook your own oatmeal, and don't buy the instant pouches. That way, you can control the amount of brown sugar that you add. The pouches have too much sugar, and probably contain preservatives that you don't need.
I don't necessarily hate oatmeal but I love all things pork and beef LOL. I am making the changes just fine, trying to eat to live instead of live to eat. I wonder what the good Lord has for me yet to do on his earth? I guess I'll hang around as long as I can.
I went out this morning and looked around, listened to the birds, looked at the fireball bushes and lilac trees, and had to pray my thanks right there on the spot, this is some fine country I walk on folks. Fine fine country. Man cannot come close to the masters works. I am glad to be here for a spell yet.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90874 Jul 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
Back in the old days...our hot water was heated in the teakettle and we took our "baths" from a pan in the kitchen sink. Ivory soap is what mom bought. It made me itch. I probably didnt get all the soap washed off. Lol
The outhouse was about 50 feet from the house. A two seater! But we were always uptown cos we had rolls of real toilet paper and at grandmas there was the old sears catalog. At one point grandmas outhouse had a resident pet crow that could say " Hello"!
Our inside bathroom was furnished with a white enameled bucket(?) and lid. We used this at night and during inclement weather. Grandma and Grandpa had a a small bathroom installed in the late fifties but our house didn't get one till around 1965. Times, how they have changed!
My great granny was Cherokee and Irish; I was expecting her outhouse to be rough because of her working outside all the time. Boy, was I surprised when at 5 years old I walked in her outhouse and found nice, burgundy carpet.Lol. I never saw another outfitted like hers.We had an old metal bucket and a rickety, wooden one.No carpeting.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90877 Jul 14, 2013
I still have that white granite thunder mug with a lid with a red ring around the lid. It is just a conversation piece-collectable these days. I also have a similar colored water dipper that hangs on my wall. It was used to dip water from the metal water bucket and every one drank from it. There was also one hanging out by the spring where you could get a drink of cold spring water, but it rusted away years ago. They sold patches for those things in those days. It was just a small round beveled piece of metal with a fat screw that plugged any leak holes.

Old antique beds set higher off the floor so that the thunder mug could sit under the bed and not be tripped over when one got out of the bed wearing their Union Suit with a trap door in the back of the long johns.

Dog-tree-coffee-nostalgia time.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90878 Jul 14, 2013
Another sleepless night. I am beginning to wonder if I am suppose to sleep or if this is just the way it is. Oh well.
well

Amherst, OH

#90879 Jul 14, 2013
The good old days.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#90881 Jul 14, 2013
A murder of crows have been harassing a falcon all morning. No wonder they call it a murder of crows. It looks like a regular old aerial battle will continue to be pitched until the young falcon leaves the territory. I dont think he done a thing to those crows. Maybe the crows are in cahoots with the rabbits?
JustGoWithit

Tampa, FL

#90882 Jul 14, 2013
Quit keeping it a mystery
Anne

United States

#90883 Jul 14, 2013
In my spare bedroom I have my great grandparents furniture. The bed does set higher than modern furniture and I keep camping cots stored under there for visiting kids to sleep on. The bedside table has a lower shelf and that's where I keep the chamber pot. It was a steal for $5 at a thrift store. It's marked: ironstone china. J&S Meakin. Hanley. England. It's snowy white and in mint condition. Under the shelf, sitting on the floor is a ceramic bowl and pitcher set made during the early 1980's ceramic craft craZe. But that's okay. It looks good. Lol
Birdman of Alcatraz

Duluth, GA

#90884 Jul 14, 2013
Hundreds of birds die every year in Western Ky. It's called end of life span.
Anne

United States

#90885 Jul 14, 2013
The chest of drawers that goes with the bed had a sweet little treasure that I found. On the top drawer, on the outside of the side panel of the drawer , I found where my great aunt had written her name ! Kids are still the same, aren't they? "Get out of my chair!" "It's not your chair. Your name's not on it!" "Is so my chair, see my name down on the chair leg?" "Mommmm, make her get out of my chair!" I can hear my aunt! " get out of my drawer! Mommmm, make her get out of my drawer!" "Is so my drawer ...See my name? Right there!" Lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90886 Jul 14, 2013
A LONG day. Hoping for some sleep tonight.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90887 Jul 14, 2013
Anne wrote:
In my spare bedroom I have my great grandparents furniture. The bed does set higher than modern furniture and I keep camping cots stored under there for visiting kids to sleep on. The bedside table has a lower shelf and that's where I keep the chamber pot. It was a steal for $5 at a thrift store. It's marked: ironstone china. J&S Meakin. Hanley. England. It's snowy white and in mint condition. Under the shelf, sitting on the floor is a ceramic bowl and pitcher set made during the early 1980's ceramic craft craZe. But that's okay. It looks good. Lol
There is an old story about a couple in an old Western 1890s hotel with a pitcher-bowl and a chamber pot. The guy tossed the contents out the 2nd floor window and hit some guy below. He screamed up "Is that urine"? The reply was "No, that's hearn, mine will be down later". LOL
Anne

United States

#90888 Jul 14, 2013
H'ain't 'cha jus' sumpin wit' yer funnin'!!

Cute joke!

Have a wonderful evening and, especially to roaming , a good nights rest!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 14 min Reaganite 5,523
What happened at Stinking Creek? 3 hr amy 94
Cody Abner (Jun '11) 5 hr jo jo 7
bad renters HELP 5 hr Johnnie 7
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 5 hr record 7
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 6 hr record 10
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 6 hr record 19
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 hr Cornelius Scudmister 154,006
kC principal injured 11 hr Sarah J 7
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search