Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81697 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Mass Bird Kills And More-

Burkesville, KY

#90850 Jul 13, 2013
Mass Bird Kills And More- wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5 2P9cGt0Lbc
They've been at it for almost a century, killing, maiming, poisoning, brutalizing wildlife....and they think they are going to continue getting away with it. A senior Congressman and three former Federal agents take on the US Department of Agriculture, in this new film exposing the government's war on wildlife.
Coming soon: "EXPOSED: USDA's Secret War on Wildlife"
A Predator Defense Film
http://www.predatordefense.org/USDA.htm
http://animaltourism.com/news/2010/10/08/usda
Mass Bird Kills And More-

Burkesville, KY

#90851 Jul 13, 2013
Mass Bird Kills And More- wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90853 Jul 13, 2013
@Mass Bird Kills. I am aware of this practice, and it is not only cruel to the target animals, it is also very dangerous to humans and their pets.
The Republic

Burkesville, KY

#90854 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
@Mass Bird Kills. I am aware of this practice, and it is not only cruel to the target animals, it is also very dangerous to humans and their pets.
Glad you are aware, many are not. Agree it must end!
Mass Bird Kills And More-

Burkesville, KY

#90855 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
@Mass Bird Kills. I am aware of this practice, and it is not only cruel to the target animals, it is also very dangerous to humans and their pets.
Wow people are waking up. Let others know. This practice is not good for wildlife or people.
Mass Bird Kills And More-

Burkesville, KY

#90856 Jul 13, 2013
Help stop the USDA Wildlife Services by contacting your senators and congressman. This government agency takes private industry jobs and competes against the private sector.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90860 Jul 13, 2013
Lovely day in the neighborhood and now we are blessed with more rain. I got wet closing up the chickens, but it saved on filling the old wash tub for the Saturday Night bath. I was not looking forward to shampooing with lye soap anyways.
YouCanSayAnythin g

United States

#90861 Jul 13, 2013
You won't even be sure,whether the storm is really over.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90863 Jul 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Lovely day in the neighborhood and now we are blessed with more rain. I got wet closing up the chickens, but it saved on filling the old wash tub for the Saturday Night bath. I was not looking forward to shampooing with lye soap anyways.
LOL, I remember the using the old washtub at my grandparents' home, when I was a kid. The youngest took the last bath. Yuck. I could have used some lye soap last night. I was working outside yesterday, and fell asleep on the couch before I took a shower. I woke up a couple of hours later, itching like heck. CHIGGERS!! Those are nasty critters that you can't even see...not to mention the ticks. We pay for the mild winters with an explosion in the insect population. I never knew what chiggers were until I got the nasty surprise when I moved down here.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90864 Jul 13, 2013
Mass Bird Kills And More- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow people are waking up. Let others know. This practice is not good for wildlife or people.
Most of us are "awake" on this thread, but the question is, what can we do about it? Writing to our representatives has been to no avail thus far. The big corporations such as Monsanto have way too much power, and PACs give lots of money to people running for office, We all know who wins out where money is an issue.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90865 Jul 13, 2013
YouCanSayAnything wrote:
You won't even be sure,whether the storm is really over.
The "storm" is never really over. When one ends, storm clouds gather for another.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90866 Jul 13, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes folks. Like wolf said some never know how good they have it till its about over.
I can do without pork chops for breakfast and force down plain oatmeal...eat more grass (salad) I guess.
I had some fine neighbors welcome me home, they said the holler just wouldn't be the same without me causing trouble up in here....
Abeliever if you were one mile closer- my old international harvester might would make it there.
I intend to live life to the fullest while I can, hope you all do the same.
Stay away from that bacon! It'll kill you! But dang if it aint good.
Get out and do something fun today, I am going to sleep a little while longer and do just that.
If you hate oatmeal, try the cereal, "Just Bunches," which is a whole oat ingredient of the cereal "Honey Bunches of Oats." It is pretty good mixed with Yoplait light yogurt. If you must eat oatmeal, you might try adding just a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook your own oatmeal, and don't buy the instant pouches. That way, you can control the amount of brown sugar that you add. The pouches have too much sugar, and probably contain preservatives that you don't need.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90867 Jul 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am having a dinner party with my best friend. He has 4 legs and sort of likes vienna sausages. LOL
Stein's tastes are getting too expensive. He waits for the good stuff, like the occasional piece of steak. Nevertheless, we don't have that too often here. It's usually catch is as catch can.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90868 Jul 13, 2013
What a beautiful day we had. We had some rain, but it cooled us off really nicely.
John

Richmond, KY

#90869 Jul 13, 2013
If any questions, ask the pr lady, she knows everything.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90870 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I remember the using the old washtub at my grandparents' home, when I was a kid. The youngest took the last bath. Yuck. I could have used some lye soap last night. I was working outside yesterday, and fell asleep on the couch before I took a shower. I woke up a couple of hours later, itching like heck. CHIGGERS!! Those are nasty critters that you can't even see...not to mention the ticks. We pay for the mild winters with an explosion in the insect population. I never knew what chiggers were until I got the nasty surprise when I moved down here.
I was just thnking about the old days with the washtub and Saturday night bath and lye soap. We had no electricity or running water back then and water had to be carried from the spring and heated on the old woodburning stove and that even in the summer. So Saturday was too often for me LOL Summer time, I just skipped the dirty bath water from the sisters and took a bar of soap to the creek.

I think I was 12 year old before I had my own bath water. LOL Since I only had sisters back then and I had to pack the water in and out and did not even get to use it first. POOH. I also had to pack their thunder mug out in the mornings and I never could understand why they could not just go to the tree like I did. LOL
Anne

United States

#90871 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Stein's tastes are getting too expensive. He waits for the good stuff, like the occasional piece of steak. Nevertheless, we don't have that too often here. It's usually catch is as catch can.
I haven't had a steak in sooo long and now my mouth is watering for a good steak. That is what I'll have tomorrow for Sunday dinner! lately my diet has been mostly chicken, fish, and hamburger and now, like the Eagles sing, its time for a cool change....
Anne

United States

#90872 Jul 13, 2013
Back in the old days...our hot water was heated in the teakettle and we took our "baths" from a pan in the kitchen sink. Ivory soap is what mom bought. It made me itch. I probably didnt get all the soap washed off. Lol
The outhouse was about 50 feet from the house. A two seater! But we were always uptown cos we had rolls of real toilet paper and at grandmas there was the old sears catalog. At one point grandmas outhouse had a resident pet crow that could say " Hello"!
Our inside bathroom was furnished with a white enameled bucket(?) and lid. We used this at night and during inclement weather. Grandma and Grandpa had a a small bathroom installed in the late fifties but our house didn't get one till around 1965. Times, how they have changed!
Imposter

London, KY

#90873 Jul 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hate oatmeal, try the cereal, "Just Bunches," which is a whole oat ingredient of the cereal "Honey Bunches of Oats." It is pretty good mixed with Yoplait light yogurt. If you must eat oatmeal, you might try adding just a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook your own oatmeal, and don't buy the instant pouches. That way, you can control the amount of brown sugar that you add. The pouches have too much sugar, and probably contain preservatives that you don't need.
I don't necessarily hate oatmeal but I love all things pork and beef LOL. I am making the changes just fine, trying to eat to live instead of live to eat. I wonder what the good Lord has for me yet to do on his earth? I guess I'll hang around as long as I can.
I went out this morning and looked around, listened to the birds, looked at the fireball bushes and lilac trees, and had to pray my thanks right there on the spot, this is some fine country I walk on folks. Fine fine country. Man cannot come close to the masters works. I am glad to be here for a spell yet.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90874 Jul 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
Back in the old days...our hot water was heated in the teakettle and we took our "baths" from a pan in the kitchen sink. Ivory soap is what mom bought. It made me itch. I probably didnt get all the soap washed off. Lol
The outhouse was about 50 feet from the house. A two seater! But we were always uptown cos we had rolls of real toilet paper and at grandmas there was the old sears catalog. At one point grandmas outhouse had a resident pet crow that could say " Hello"!
Our inside bathroom was furnished with a white enameled bucket(?) and lid. We used this at night and during inclement weather. Grandma and Grandpa had a a small bathroom installed in the late fifties but our house didn't get one till around 1965. Times, how they have changed!
My great granny was Cherokee and Irish; I was expecting her outhouse to be rough because of her working outside all the time. Boy, was I surprised when at 5 years old I walked in her outhouse and found nice, burgundy carpet.Lol. I never saw another outfitted like hers.We had an old metal bucket and a rickety, wooden one.No carpeting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I will show your wife a good time. 22 min The Specialist 6
Black dog on Sampson LN. 44 min sorry 3
Lindsay 53 min The hills 5
Jessica Diane Hubbard 1 hr freeloaders 51
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Pres Donald J Tru... 164,683
Trump better watch North Korea. 2 hr The Specialist 44
This is A Serious Deal! 2 hr The Specialist 14

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages