Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,638

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90665 Jul 5, 2013
Anne wrote:
Well! Let me tell you that even if our planned fireworks fell through we spent an hour or so fireworks chasing and found enough to get our fireworks fix! Tah dah!!! A wonderful time! To all west of the eastern time zone : Happy 4th of July!
Lol!
I have never cared for fireworks, not even as a child. It seems like such a waste.
Anne

United States

#90668 Jul 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never cared for fireworks, not even as a child. It seems like such a waste.
Lol. Hey, I'm not one to spend money on something I immediately use up.(Exceptions: fuel and toilet paper! Lol). But I do enjoy sitting around with neighbors watching the show. A couple of neighbors put on fireworks extravaganzas ( one even hires it professionally done) and I do drop some real money into the "fireworks donation box". Their crowds of about a hundred are lots better than the thousands that show up down along the river...but , oh, the weekly fireworks show on Waikiki beach...I'd love to be there EVERY Friday night! Lol

Good Morning all! I've already opened up the chicken shed this cool misty morning. A couple of the hens were so eager to be outside but then there were a few that wanted to snuggle in for a little longer! That's okay..I'm a cool morning bed snuggler myself...
Next I pulled the rowboat up out of the water to drain yesterday's rain accumulation so that I can take my young visitor for a boat ride on a farm pond before she heads back to the city.
It's going to be a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90669 Jul 5, 2013
More Flash flood watch for my area and the creek is already up in the road. Poor old chickens are walking around in mud. My chicken house is on a hill side and lots of rain has poured through the front part. The back side is dry, but they seem to prefer the mud LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90671 Jul 5, 2013
Hope you all stay out of the flood areas today. Its going to continue to rain off and on again today and probably tomorrow.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90675 Jul 5, 2013
Just another rainy day! I was hoping that would clear off after a while.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#90679 Jul 5, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just another rainy day! I was hoping that would clear off after a while.
Such a drizzly wet time we are having of it lately!! Hopefully next week will be much better ... Oh about 82 and sunny! Have a nice evening and maybe you'll get some rest tonight!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90681 Jul 5, 2013
Good evening, folks
The rain never seems to end. I got soaked twice today when I had to take care of the outside animals. My new mare decided to take a roll in the mud, and I had to spray her off before taking her back to the barn. I got more water on me than the horse. Tried to harvest some rapidly growing cucumbers and zucchini in the garden, but I was sinking in the mud and had to abandon the project. There are flood warnings in my area. The river must be high in the back of the farm, but I didn't dare go and look. Hope that everyone has had a good holiday.

Location hidden

#90683 Jul 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
for lala, looks like it is happening all over. Have you heard anything about the one in La? Seems quiet on that disaster.
Sinkhole swallows car in Ohio
Chicago,Florida, and Oklahoma videos of sinkholes are there too.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5238796...
Belie??? Are you out there? What do you think?(Happy 4th)
The sinkhole in Louisiana is getting worse,and now has a yellow sheen on the water. There has been a marked increase in seismic activity on 7/4. Gas explosions are a real concern now. Reports are on La. local news, but there is no mainstream national media reporting on this disaster. Also note that Fukushima, Reactor 2 is in even worse shape now. Workers cannot go in to even try to repair or clean up. It was reported that the radioactive level is so high, that even a specialized team entering would probably die before completing the task. There is a red/purplish glow surrounding the reactor. There has to be emissions coming from the plant, and they are continuing to leak radioactive water in the ocean.
We are living in dangerous times. "Nero continues to fiddle as Rome burns."
Jussayin

United States

#90684 Jul 5, 2013
Is wondering why this is a thread anyways. I mean, why not a Facebook page? What's the point? Just asking :)
Curious

United States

#90685 Jul 5, 2013
Are you guys Amish, Indians, doomsayers, Christians or what? I don't get it...just curious...not to be offensive.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90686 Jul 5, 2013
Jussayin wrote:
Is wondering why this is a thread anyways. I mean, why not a Facebook page? What's the point? Just asking :)
It is really quite simple. With Facebook one can only communicate with people they already know. With this thread, one can make new contacts.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90687 Jul 5, 2013
Post holes are all wet. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90688 Jul 5, 2013
Curious wrote:
Are you guys Amish, Indians, doomsayers, Christians or what? I don't get it...just curious...not to be offensive.
Some of each and much more.

Location hidden

#90690 Jul 5, 2013
Curious wrote:
Just a bunch of online friends. Care to join us?
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#90692 Jul 5, 2013
Hey guys! I guess there's a whole lot of everyone and everything on here! I love the different perspectives and many ranges of life experiences . It's what keeps me " young " lol. The bird threaders are a great diverse group!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90693 Jul 6, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a drizzly wet time we are having of it lately!! Hopefully next week will be much better ... Oh about 82 and sunny! Have a nice evening and maybe you'll get some rest tonight!
No rest for the weary. But, plenty of rain.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90694 Jul 6, 2013
Was Noah was the first prepper ?
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#90695 Jul 6, 2013
Noah, he did build himself that ark. Worked out great for him and his family with Devine help.

Good Morning folks! Just a'sittin' here in western KY with plans to head home later today. I found a good sale on a shepherds hook that'll work just perfect to replace the one that the tree hit when it fell.
Friday morning as I stood about fifty feet from the chicken pen watching the 3 youngest ( all the hens were in the coop) a quail came up to the pen and calmly sauntered along the fence. Surprised me and the chickens! The chickens got excited, flapping and flying about. The 5 hens in the shed dashed out to check out the commotion! These crazy birds certainly have a lot of entertainment value.

Roaming, do you toss and turn all night or do you have projects and hobbies you work on? I need my rest and I'm not fit to live with otherwise. I've even resorted to siestas during hot days.
Rick

Morehead, KY

#90700 Jul 6, 2013
Anne wrote:
Noah, he did build himself that ark. Worked out great for him and his family with Devine help.
Good Morning folks! Just a'sittin' here in western KY with plans to head home later today. I found a good sale on a shepherds hook that'll work just perfect to replace the one that the tree hit when it fell.
Friday morning as I stood about fifty feet from the chicken pen watching the 3 youngest ( all the hens were in the coop) a quail came up to the pen and calmly sauntered along the fence. Surprised me and the chickens! The chickens got excited, flapping and flying about. The 5 hens in the shed dashed out to check out the commotion! These crazy birds certainly have a lot of entertainment value.
Roaming, do you toss and turn all night or do you have projects and hobbies you work on? I need my rest and I'm not fit to live with otherwise. I've even resorted to siestas during hot days.
Anne,

The wife and I have taken to an hour nap around 10 PM after the farm and household animals have their food and meds, all dishes washed and dinner over. Tired from the rushing around after work.

It's great. At 11 we awake refreshed, light some candles for The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and that's the only light in the great room and we find a good movie to enjoy. By 1:30, after prayers, we're fast asleep again but that nap is awesome!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90701 Jul 6, 2013
Anne wrote:
I usually just work on other stuff. If I lay in bed, I get nervous and frustrated. So, I don't even try it most nights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Rat In Knox County 24 min True Anon 12
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Demonicrats 153,775
Salon perfection 1 hr bobber 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Democrat for Mitch 5,218
Rick Ayers 2 hr Lol 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Bill 26,279
Mike Smith, Mike Warren, Mike Baker 4 hr Lisa 3
Just hearing 8 hr traci 5
Barbourville high school salaries WOW Thu John boy 21
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs