Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,816)

Showing posts 76,301 - 76,320 of81,260
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

An aquatic drone that fetches your drink? Meet Ziphius

Here's a high-tech gadget that's perfect for your July 4th pool party, beach outing or boat trip … er, next summer. Ziphius, an "app-controlled aquatic drone" capable of sussing out marine life, playing catch or fetching your drink, is currently seeking funding via Kickstarter with an anticipated ship date of March 2014. Designed to be flexible and functional, cute and pet-like, the swimming drone can reach a speed of 6mph in the water, be controlled by your smartphone or tablet within a range of 300 feet, and capture and transmit images and video with a rotating, YouTube-ready HD camera. You can also change its outfit, because what fun is a pet-like, waterworthy doohicky if you can't dress it up?

http://now.msn.com/ziphius-is-an-aquatic-dron...

Bet Una would've liked this one. lol I bet Hempburn would.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

DIY

FINALLY...HERE IT IS!

How to clean your cookie sheets--Kitchen "Miracle" Cleaner!

You put about 1/4 cup of baking soda in a small glass bowl and squirt in hydrogen peroxide until it makes a nice paste. Then you rub it on the offending dirt/stain/grease...whatever! You can usually just use your fingers...but you can also use a small sponge as well.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

For the BIRDS: Eagle update

Raptor Resource Project
~ Videos of The Decorah Eagles from June 27th through 29th ~

There are three (3) videos in this post. Today's screen capture features D15 in……”Hey MOM, NO fair! You’re supposed to screee for ALL of us when it’s meal time.” D16 is on the nest eating a fish that Mom brought in, and D15 is flying in, hoping to get part of the fish.

Many thanks to Jim for making the videos for us, which allows me to get the screen captures to post for you!

http://youtu.be/9-zYLNqDUKE
6-27 (Fly-ins and fly-outs, misjudged landing at about 3:38 into the video)- Dad lands on the nest with a fish, none of the fledglings are there (yet), and we can tell that Dad is looking around and checking out what repairs will be needed on the nest in the fall. D15 lands on the nest at 25 seconds into the video and mantles over the fish. The scene changes and Dad takes off. D15 stays on the nest for a while looking around and then flies off the nest to the right. At 1:46 into the video D16 lands on the nest, the scene changes and D16 flies back off. At 2:14 into the video D16 lands on the nest again, digs for nestovers, gets dive-bombed by a black bird at 2:27, climbs the tree trunk, comes right back down and then flies off the nest at 2:58. At 3:08 into the video D17 lands on the nest, climbs the tree trunk and disappears at the top. Start watching the bottom of the video closely at about 3:36 and you can tell we have a fledgling that misjudges a landing on the nest and ends up perched on an outer, lower branch, of the nest. The fledgling flaps away maintaining its balance, and remains perched down below the nest in between flapping. At 5:43 into the video Mom lands on the nest with a fish drop. Shortly after Mom lands, so does D16 who mantles and then proceeds to tear and eat the fish. At 6:45 D16 flies off the nest on the left side. At 6:56 into the video D17 lands on the nest, and then climbs up the tree trunk to the upper part of the tree out of view. At 7:34 into the video we see D15 flying in from the bottom left, and then D15 lands on the nest. At 8:06 into the video D15 flies off to the right side. At 8:17 into the video D16 lands on the nest. At 8:38 D15 lands on the nest and joins D16, stays for a bit and then takes back off. D16 climbs up the tree trunk, perches for a bit, and then disappears into the upper part of the tree. At 11:00 into the video we can see that D16 moving around in the upper part of the tree. The scene changes, and at 11:20 into the video we see D16 land on the upper left branch and perch there. D16 moves over farther to the left with only its tail feathers in view. At 14:10 we can tell that D16 flew off the branch as we see the branch moving from a take-off. It’s been a busy day for the fledglings as they continue to fly around and explore, and then return back to their nest off and on.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

http://youtu.be/IpjATTYJTws

6-28 (Visits to the nest, D16 arrives at 2:00pm, rests and practices, and leaves at 5:00pm)- It’s obvious our fledglings are perfecting their landings. What beautiful fly-in and landing D16 shows us. D16 looks around, and then climbs the tree trunk to the upper part of the tree. The scene changes and we see some upper tree activity. These fledglings love vertical branching in this tree, and they seem to have created their own northern runway off of the cottonwood. Another scene change and we see another fly-in, and fly-out. At 2:22 into the video Mom lands on the nest. Mom looks around as if she is totally surprised that none of the three fledglings had chased her there with food. That no-mantle zone for Mom ends quickly because at 2:43 into the video we see Mom look up as D16 flies down from above over to the right, circle around, and then make a spectacular landing on the nest at 2:57 and then mantle for the fish. At 3:11 into the video we see a fledgling circle below the nest (don’t blink), and at 3:27 we see D15 land on the nest and try to mantle for the fish. Mom flies off at 3:41 and we have two fledglings still on the nest. At 4:33 into the video D15 flies off of the nest and D16 stays on the nest tearing and eating a fish. D16 remains on the nest for quite some time (from 2:00pm to 5:00pm), and lays down for a rest. D16 climbs the tree trunk at 7:19 into the video, perches there for a bit, and then we see D16 climb farther above on the branch and begin to wingercize, and D16 lands back down on the nest at 8:03. D16 displays a very large wingspan and does some hovers in the wind while practicing wing flapping on the nest combined with some screee’ing also. Calling for fast food delivery? At 10:05 into the video D16 does a lengthy hover on the nest. The scene changes, D16 is screee’ing and then D16 flies off of the nest.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

http://youtu.be/WyYvmFp1t_U

6-29 (Rain, juvie arrives at 1:00pm, a second arrives 10 minutes later, slow day in the nest)- We can see that it’s pouring rain in Decorah. The scene changes, the rain has let up and D16 lands on the nest at 18 seconds into the video. Then D17 lands on the nest at 48 seconds into the video and we see wings up in the air between them as they each display a bit of sibling rivalry. Or would that be wing-battle for nest position? The situation calms down and D17 flies off of the nest at 1:34 into the video. The scene changes, none of the fledglings are on the nest and at 1:46 into the video D16 lands back on the nest. At 2:10 into the video D16 climbs the tree trunk and disappears from our view. The scene changes, and at 2:28 into the video we see D17 land, and then climb the tree trunk. The rain starts coming down hard again and we catch brief glimpses of D17’s wings on the edge of the upper branch. At 3:13 into the video you can still see D17 moving around above. It was a rainy day and a slow day in the nest.

Enjoy!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Have a great holiday weekend. I will.

Be safe. Enjoy life.
what now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I should have known it. I got on here to read something nice and normal what others are saying after my awful,awful, hectic day. Well, it is hundreds of birds post, so what could I expect. So yea, the Bible it is. As for qwerty,
I duno, could you go live and give a little? Something? I do mean to help.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Happy Birthday America.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Have a wonderful Fourth of July!

Hoping to attend a fireworks show tonight!!
Rain, rain, stay away!
Please come again another day!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

I am happy we are getting the rain, but I know a lot of people aren't happy that the 4th of July is this wet.
Got it

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Hello
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Rain... enough already.. flood warnings

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

It's been a long rainy day!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Well! Let me tell you that even if our planned fireworks fell through we spent an hour or so fireworks chasing and found enough to get our fireworks fix! Tah dah!!! A wonderful time! To all west of the eastern time zone : Happy 4th of July!
Lol!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Well! Let me tell you that even if our planned fireworks fell through we spent an hour or so fireworks chasing and found enough to get our fireworks fix! Tah dah!!! A wonderful time! To all west of the eastern time zone : Happy 4th of July!
Lol!
I have never cared for fireworks, not even as a child. It seems like such a waste.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never cared for fireworks, not even as a child. It seems like such a waste.
Lol. Hey, I'm not one to spend money on something I immediately use up.(Exceptions: fuel and toilet paper! Lol). But I do enjoy sitting around with neighbors watching the show. A couple of neighbors put on fireworks extravaganzas ( one even hires it professionally done) and I do drop some real money into the "fireworks donation box". Their crowds of about a hundred are lots better than the thousands that show up down along the river...but , oh, the weekly fireworks show on Waikiki beach...I'd love to be there EVERY Friday night! Lol

Good Morning all! I've already opened up the chicken shed this cool misty morning. A couple of the hens were so eager to be outside but then there were a few that wanted to snuggle in for a little longer! That's okay..I'm a cool morning bed snuggler myself...
Next I pulled the rowboat up out of the water to drain yesterday's rain accumulation so that I can take my young visitor for a boat ride on a farm pond before she heads back to the city.
It's going to be a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

More Flash flood watch for my area and the creek is already up in the road. Poor old chickens are walking around in mud. My chicken house is on a hill side and lots of rain has poured through the front part. The back side is dry, but they seem to prefer the mud LOL

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Hope you all stay out of the flood areas today. Its going to continue to rain off and on again today and probably tomorrow.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Just another rainy day! I was hoping that would clear off after a while.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just another rainy day! I was hoping that would clear off after a while.
Such a drizzly wet time we are having of it lately!! Hopefully next week will be much better ... Oh about 82 and sunny! Have a nice evening and maybe you'll get some rest tonight!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,301 - 76,320 of81,260
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min ILoveitHere 139,089
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min LDS 123,197
Who is running for knox County Jailer? 28 min tobad 131
Jon Hammons arrested 34 min Carney 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 37 min LIbEralS 25,969
knox county social services 53 min Ohreally 11
Mayor Thompson baby 57 min Shut Up This is so Wron 38
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 1 hr City 45
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search