Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#90607 Jul 2, 2013
Yawning.
Trying not to trip over sleeping critter kids.
Must get to coffee pot.....

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90608 Jul 2, 2013
Wow, it's been quiet in here!!
A nice day yesterday and looks like it will be just as nice today. Have a good one ya'll.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90609 Jul 2, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Wow, it's been quiet in here!!
A nice day yesterday and looks like it will be just as nice today. Have a good one ya'll.
Stormed here yesterday with high winds and heavy rain, but today is looking better. Take care.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90611 Jul 2, 2013
flap jack wrote:
they are planing to make a big Hollywood movie about the ancient old wolfer ,....
the title will be - windbreakers --
{and not because he wears a 'members only ' jacket }
Let's hope it brings in some royalties so that I can afford something besides the cheap Bar-s hot dogs from Sav-a-Lot. Maybe, if it don't flop at the box office, I could send you enough for some beans and a sequel. LMAO Maybe even a remake of "Blazing Saddles"
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90614 Jul 2, 2013
Oh where, oh where
Are you tonight?
Why did you leave us here all alone?
You posted another and
blbbbbbb you were gone. LOL
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#90615 Jul 2, 2013
good bye dashhunds! never cleaned up so much pee.
hubby dropping them off with thier mummy
Anne

United States

#90616 Jul 2, 2013
Oh what a day!! Finished it up with standing around at the neighbors property catching up on all the news! Went by 4wheeler into the forestry to see an old buffalo trace. That was pretty special! Good times!
Anne

United States

#90617 Jul 2, 2013
betty wrote:
good bye dashhunds! never cleaned up so much pee.
hubby dropping them off with thier mummy
Lol. I can sympathize with you! Bet you went through rolls and rolls of paper towels!
Little Things

Princeton, KY

#90618 Jul 2, 2013
Won
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#90619 Jul 3, 2013
Little Things wrote:
Won
No Prize.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#90621 Jul 3, 2013
There would be considerable roadblocks to maneuver for the Rockets. Despite being tabbed the early favorites to land Howard, there are teams lining out the door to secure his services for the foreseeable future and it's not a foregone conclusion he will sign with Houston. And given their financial restrictions, the Rockets would likely have to work out a sign-and-trade deal with the Atlanta Hawks in order to bring Smith over.

Amick also reported on Tuesday that the team is looking to deal Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik to clear more than $8 million in salary cap space.

If the Rockets are able to land Howard and Smith, their starting lineup would immediately become one of the most formidable in the league with Harden, Patrick Beverley and Chandler Parsons. Depth may be a bit of an issue, although there would surely be a couple of veterans willing to exchange some cash for a chance to win a ring.

One consideration for the Rockets is whether or not they're willing to completely overhaul their roster which won 45 games last season. Howard and Smith are undoubtedly talented players, but they do come with their fair share of baggage. And with Harden already taking control as the team's leader last year, it may take a while for everyone to mesh.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#90623 Jul 3, 2013
Terence Trent Darby wrote:
I miss Una, Imposter Big Daddy from Cincinnati, don't care and Sybil. Those guys were a lot of fun
It may be that Big D and Don't Care still come around from time to time under different identities. Imposter and Sybil do pop in sometimes, but of course old Una can't. I will say that they were all entertaining even though I did not agree with much of what they posted. But then I am a contrary old soul that don't agree with much of anyone. LOL Have as good a day as you can.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90625 Jul 3, 2013
I can't believe how cool and nice it is. Are we sure it's July??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90627 Jul 3, 2013
Hey birdthreaders, just wanted to hop on and wish you all a Happy and Safe 4th of July. I see the super moon brought out the hateful trolls again. Too funny. Like we care what they think. haha

I am glad to see "Nope" drop in. I loved your response AW to the fan of the trolls and Una. So true.

Hello betty, lala, misty-eyed, and the loyal bird threaders. I hope you all are enjoying the summer. I am loving these temps and we have minimal rain. Just enough. There are some areas though that are under flash flood warnings.

I hope you all enjoy your holiday.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. So grateful I live in a free country.

I'm going to leave you some funnies and something to read. It ought to bring on the icons. hahaha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90628 Jul 3, 2013
for lala, looks like it is happening all over. Have you heard anything about the one in La? Seems quiet on that disaster.

Sinkhole swallows car in Ohio

Chicago,Florida, and Oklahoma videos of sinkholes are there too.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5238796...

Belie??? Are you out there? What do you think?(Happy 4th)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90629 Jul 3, 2013
For lala and the cat lovers:

Watch this silly kitty chase down the lettering on a treadmill

Forget catching mice; this kitty's determined to chase down the lettering on a treadmill. Who says you have to be on the treadmill to get a workout? Looks like this little guy's getting plenty of exercise working his way around it add in a few paw jabs and he's getting an upper body workout, too. YouTube commenters are worried that one hooked claw could see this feline getting sucked under the belt and into the scary machinery, so watch out, kitty. In the meantime, good luck catching those pesky letters.

http://now.msn.com/cat-chases-treadmill-lette...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90630 Jul 3, 2013
Bottle-Fed Kitten Does the Cutest Thing With His Ears

Your heart is going to melt into a hundred tiny pieces when you see what this itty bitty kitty does when she is being bottle fed. She wiggles her ears with happiness! It's just too darling.

http://www.godvine.com/Bottle-Fed-Kitten-fb-g...

Adorable huh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90631 Jul 3, 2013
For AW, lala, betty, and all the dog lovers. This is an awesome video. Enjoy!

Sweet 'God made a dog' video has a message dog lovers can believe in

Anyone who knows and loves a dog may recognize some of the reasons why dog lovers are so passionate about their furry best friends in this video. Crafted in the style of this year's Ram Trucks' Super Bowl commercial, in which legendary broadcaster Paul Harvey's voice narrated that on the 8th day "God made a farmer," this adorable remake adds another day of creation. On the 9th day, the preacher-like voice says, "God looked down on His wide-eyed children and said,'They need a companion.' So God made a dog." For all these reasons and more, we have to agree: Dogs are pretty great.

http://now.msn.com/god-made-a-dog-video-has-a...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90632 Jul 3, 2013
For AW..haha

What the cluck? Kid plays basketball with a live chicken

We'd file this in the "videos that cannot be explained" section if we had one. Watch this shirtless hoopster score a basket with a chicken. "He spins, he drives, he shoots, he scores!" So awesome and we're oh so happy he didn't dribble, so we'll overlook the traveling. Some might be tempted to call foul for violating animal rights, but it actually looks like this bird is having a pretty good time. And he's got a seriously good grasp of the rules of the game, swishing right through the net before flapping away so this kid can enjoy his moment in the virtual spotlight.

http://now.msn.com/chicken-used-as-basketball...

Not sure the chicken was a willing participant. haha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90633 Jul 3, 2013
An aquatic drone that fetches your drink? Meet Ziphius

Here's a high-tech gadget that's perfect for your July 4th pool party, beach outing or boat trip er, next summer. Ziphius, an "app-controlled aquatic drone" capable of sussing out marine life, playing catch or fetching your drink, is currently seeking funding via Kickstarter with an anticipated ship date of March 2014. Designed to be flexible and functional, cute and pet-like, the swimming drone can reach a speed of 6mph in the water, be controlled by your smartphone or tablet within a range of 300 feet, and capture and transmit images and video with a rotating, YouTube-ready HD camera. You can also change its outfit, because what fun is a pet-like, waterworthy doohicky if you can't dress it up?

http://now.msn.com/ziphius-is-an-aquatic-dron...

Bet Una would've liked this one. lol I bet Hempburn would.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Carnes 20 min Proof 7
Emily Collins 2 hr john 3
teena Marie mills 2 hr Darren 8
where the heck is brandon brayson? (Apr '11) 3 hr truth 7
jason hughes 3 hr whoa 12
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 3 hr barberette5657 3
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 4 hr Darren 226
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 6 hr Just a fact 22
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52