Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90591 Jul 1, 2013
Anne wrote:
Wow, roaming, if there was ever a candidate for a night job, you're one! Have you ever gone to a sleep clinic? It's rough not getting rest I'm sure.
AW: to be honest there's some red tail hawks around and about so I just figured it was them the little birds were dive bombing. With your love of planes-- would you happen to do any flying? Years ago my dad leveled off a spot so my uncle could land his small plane. The "landing strip" is long gone but its a great memory. My cousin is the only one that continued the flying and he's had several small planes with well over 5000 hours. Expensive hobby.
GOOD MORNING THREADERS!!!
No, I don't particularly care for planes. I just happen to like the P-51 and the history behind it. I saw it's maneuvers at an air show one time and was quite amazed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90592 Jul 1, 2013
hurry negative judge, you are behind in your work. LMAO.
Anne

United States

#90593 Jul 1, 2013
AW: you must be a real history buff! Heres a little item i found interesting. My sister was working at a hospital in northern Arizona and one of the patients had been a "Code talker" during WWII. The US used bilingual Navaho to speak their native language as a secret code..and it wasnt decoded!! Pretty cool! History is pretty interesting to me if its the right book. I loved college history classes but hated high school history .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90594 Jul 1, 2013
@Anne.. I never cared for High School history either, specifically World History. I still don't care about World History all that much, but more so about American History.

There is a movie starring Nicholas Cage about the Navajo code talkers. It is called "WINDTALKERS". The code was not actually the Navajo language but was based upon it.
Anne

United States

#90600 Jul 1, 2013
Flash flood warnings for our area :-(

Jeez, are we gonna have to turn the heat back on?? Cold, dreary and wet. Great July weather!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90601 Jul 1, 2013
judge Wapner wrote:
<quoted text> why are you worried about being negatively judged?
I am not worried. I think it is funny that someone spends so much time and effort doing it when it means nothing. postives don't either.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90606 Jul 2, 2013
Thread Bump.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#90607 Jul 2, 2013
Yawning.
Trying not to trip over sleeping critter kids.
Must get to coffee pot.....

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90608 Jul 2, 2013
Wow, it's been quiet in here!!
A nice day yesterday and looks like it will be just as nice today. Have a good one ya'll.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90609 Jul 2, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Wow, it's been quiet in here!!
A nice day yesterday and looks like it will be just as nice today. Have a good one ya'll.
Stormed here yesterday with high winds and heavy rain, but today is looking better. Take care.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90611 Jul 2, 2013
flap jack wrote:
they are planing to make a big Hollywood movie about the ancient old wolfer ,....
the title will be - windbreakers --
{and not because he wears a 'members only ' jacket }
Let's hope it brings in some royalties so that I can afford something besides the cheap Bar-s hot dogs from Sav-a-Lot. Maybe, if it don't flop at the box office, I could send you enough for some beans and a sequel. LMAO Maybe even a remake of "Blazing Saddles"
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90614 Jul 2, 2013
Oh where, oh where
Are you tonight?
Why did you leave us here all alone?
You posted another and
blbbbbbb you were gone. LOL
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#90615 Jul 2, 2013
good bye dashhunds! never cleaned up so much pee.
hubby dropping them off with thier mummy
Anne

United States

#90616 Jul 2, 2013
Oh what a day!! Finished it up with standing around at the neighbors property catching up on all the news! Went by 4wheeler into the forestry to see an old buffalo trace. That was pretty special! Good times!
Anne

United States

#90617 Jul 2, 2013
betty wrote:
good bye dashhunds! never cleaned up so much pee.
hubby dropping them off with thier mummy
Lol. I can sympathize with you! Bet you went through rolls and rolls of paper towels!
Little Things

Princeton, KY

#90618 Jul 2, 2013
Won
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#90619 Jul 3, 2013
Little Things wrote:
Won
No Prize.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#90621 Jul 3, 2013
There would be considerable roadblocks to maneuver for the Rockets. Despite being tabbed the early favorites to land Howard, there are teams lining out the door to secure his services for the foreseeable future and it's not a foregone conclusion he will sign with Houston. And given their financial restrictions, the Rockets would likely have to work out a sign-and-trade deal with the Atlanta Hawks in order to bring Smith over.

Amick also reported on Tuesday that the team is looking to deal Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik to clear more than $8 million in salary cap space.

If the Rockets are able to land Howard and Smith, their starting lineup would immediately become one of the most formidable in the league with Harden, Patrick Beverley and Chandler Parsons. Depth may be a bit of an issue, although there would surely be a couple of veterans willing to exchange some cash for a chance to win a ring.

One consideration for the Rockets is whether or not they're willing to completely overhaul their roster which won 45 games last season. Howard and Smith are undoubtedly talented players, but they do come with their fair share of baggage. And with Harden already taking control as the team's leader last year, it may take a while for everyone to mesh.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#90623 Jul 3, 2013
Terence Trent Darby wrote:
I miss Una, Imposter Big Daddy from Cincinnati, don't care and Sybil. Those guys were a lot of fun
It may be that Big D and Don't Care still come around from time to time under different identities. Imposter and Sybil do pop in sometimes, but of course old Una can't. I will say that they were all entertaining even though I did not agree with much of what they posted. But then I am a contrary old soul that don't agree with much of anyone. LOL Have as good a day as you can.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90625 Jul 3, 2013
I can't believe how cool and nice it is. Are we sure it's July??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Mike Warren the man for Judge Ex? 48 min Kristy 19
HeShe backing warren for judge 1 hr who 5
Family Court Judge 1 hr really 55
Michele Merida got married ? 2 hr Well 2
Posts being removed about Jailer 3 hr Please stay on track 4
who will you vote for as jailer 3 hr FB Friends 40
who got arrested at bville walmart? 4 hr Walmart shopper 3
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs