Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,813)

Showing posts 76,241 - 76,260 of81,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Woohoo! Look at that rain!! Glad I didn't fill the bird feeders this morning!
Hmmm.. I have a "neighbor" that when she is tipsy/high she mows their yard butt naked. They also fight a lot and the sheriffs dept makes screaming siren trips to their place.
Misty: sorry about the tractor problems. Sounds serious and sounds like a lot of work.
AW: on cold winter mornings one farmers daughter--NOT ME-- found those fresh piles a great way to warm their frozen toes.
Lala: I haven't seen your avatar cat as I just post off the mobile topix site. Right now I'm not using my registered topix name but also my avatar pic is blank anyway:-(
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great. Wish I could have a nice, cold Coors, but I can't drink with the meds that I take. Such a shame.
I am so sorry. I remember your health. I hope your therapy with riding that horse helps. They are wonderful creatures. I am sure your determination will be the greatest factors. I wish you well.
I was thinking of a Belgian white beer with a hint of orange and bergamot. I think, Linenkuegel makes that one. I really enjoy cosmos and mojitos on a hot evening especially over dinner.
Well,seems like a few posters have been absent for a while hope all is well with them.
Night to All:)
Hope partner's leaky truck makes it from Pennsylvania to Lexington by Monday.Most of the work will be covered under the powertrain warranty...fingers crossed;)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Another beautiful day!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Hello to my favorite bird threaders. I have been on vacation and got back today. Have to have a day or two to recuperate from too much fun and sun before going back to work. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I am.

It's HOT, but not as bad as out West. Wow. Plus we got some nice showers. Stopped the race at Kentucky Speedway while we were still enjoying clear blue skies with the most beautiful "natural" fluffy clouds. Glad I didn't have to water the roses or flowers. We are so Lucky in Kentucky. I am grateful! It was a great day.

I see the summer rush of super moon trolls rolled in. haha They just don't get it. Silly trolls.

Will check back in the next day or so and bring you some smiles. Meanwhile this one seems fitting to start with: Enjoy, they are adorable. I know lala, betty, and AW will smile.:)

The critters get creative when it's crazy molten hot outside

With a potentially record-breaking heat wave blistering its way across the American West through the weekend, people are warned to stay out of the sun and drink plenty of water. And even if you aren't living in that crazy dark red swatch on the map, other parts of the U.S. may still get pretty hot. So what about the critters? As you'll see in these photos, they can get pretty creative to stay cool, and in some cases, rely on a little help from their human friends.(And if you have any doubt how hot it can get in some locales, we added a few pics of non-living things to illustrate the point). Stay cool!

http://now.msn.com/heat-wave-the-critters-get...

Have a wonderful Sunday!

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

News Flash wrote:
Hundreds of lame ass posters posting on the worlds lamest thread. Day by day week by week hour by hour they return to post the same BS they post everyday.
YOU can kiss our collective @sses! Go away!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Tiddly Winks, Mumbly Peg, Annie Over, Red Rover or Hide and seek? Maybe Drop the Hanky? Hop-Scotch?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

It was a very tough night last night. I hope you all are okay.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Just wasting time, drinking coffee, and getting ready to go to Church. You folks all have a good day.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Hide and Seek or Drop the Hanky. Your choice!

Good Morning!!
Roaming, hope you get some rest today. I have a hard time getting to sleep because of caffeine filled soft drinks. My bad. But most nights I'm okay. You seem to suffer most nights though.
Bird question: chicken- hens . Sometimes as I watch them eat, all at once a watery liquid falls from their beak. What's the problem?
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

http://www.greenmuze.com/blogs/green-muzings/...

@ Anne, if you have a neighbor to help assist you, I'd at least check the hen. It is most likely something it ate. Hope this article helps;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It was a very tough night last night. I hope you all are okay.
I hope you feel better soon. I send Blessings and good will your way. Try not to work so hard:) The combination of insomnia and illness can be so stressful on the body. Will keep you in my thoughts. Take care.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you feel better soon. I send Blessings and good will your way. Try not to work so hard:) The combination of insomnia and illness can be so stressful on the body. Will keep you in my thoughts. Take care.
Well, the guy that I am dating had a wreck last night and totaled his car. I wasn't there. But, it scared me. He is an old friend of mine, and I suddenly realized that I would be distraught if anything happened to him.
Some things put your life into perspective quickly.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the guy that I am dating had a wreck last night and totaled his car. I wasn't there. But, it scared me. He is an old friend of mine, and I suddenly realized that I would be distraught if anything happened to him.
I know what you mean. Partner was going through St. Louis to Oklahoma when that tornado hit I40. I know, not to be subtle about it worry about Lovey just as I do my teenager when he's gone with his father. I count my blessings every day;) Live, love and be merry and hold him tight when you got him that's the key to life.
I continue you to wish you well. Hopefully, he wasn't banged up though. Probably scared as would be the case in an accident. Stay strong;)
wanda

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

that is plain terrible.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the guy that I am dating had a wreck last night and totaled his car. I wasn't there. But, it scared me. He is an old friend of mine, and I suddenly realized that I would be distraught if anything happened to him.
I am so sorry. My prayers go out for him and for you. That was a terrible night.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
http://www.greenmuze.com/blogs /green-muzings/2208-chicken-im pacted-crop-or-sour-crop.html
@ Anne, if you have a neighbor to help assist you, I'd at least check the hen. It is most likely something it ate. Hope this article helps;)
Oh the article helped alright. Lol. I was waiting for my food at the restaurant and checked this thread and read the info . I don't suggest reading it as lunch Is being served. Lol. Gag.
But I will read the article more closely here shortly and your help is sincerely appreciated! Thanks!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the article helped alright. Lol. I was waiting for my food at the restaurant and checked this thread and read the info . I don't suggest reading it as lunch Is being served. Lol. Gag.
But I will read the article more closely here shortly and your help is sincerely appreciated! Thanks!
I only remember our chickens as a little. Yes, I agree.It's possible food got stuck inside there. I posted the article because chicken business in not my forte. It has been over 30 years since my family raised cows,chickens,ducks,turkeys, and goats. Lol. I do hope it assists you in your research. By all meand finish your dinner;)
Good evening All. It has been gorgeous;) Am preparing for Sugarbun to get home.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

We don't really care that badly. Thanks for the number though.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
We don't really care that badly. Thanks for the number though.
No we don't. Actually I don't care at all especially since it appears that the 4 or 5 posts you might have been referencing are no longer on my screen LOL Have a good night.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Well. It's time for some shut eye around my house.
Earlier I was watching how such a tiny bird could chase away one of those huge hawks. I wonder what their story is....
Have a great night... Roaming, may you find sweet rest tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,241 - 76,260 of81,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Richard hicks and Becky Abner 9 min Who cares 2
Barbie Carpenter 16 min really 6
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min brad 144,841
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min Crock 127,942
Going to be rich in a day or two.. 1 hr Truthful 3
Who wrecked out route 6 2 hr Stick 3
Hobby Lobby ruling!! 4 hr bam 12
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 4 hr Fillus 382
KC Basketball Coach 6 hr Whatever 54