Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,812)

Showing posts 76,221 - 76,240 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

And a good morning to you all. Was another sleepless night, but I did get a lot done. I hope it's not so hot today. Wanna have a cookout tonight.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

punkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Anne, I see you posted about geo rocks. I have all kinds I need to get rid of lol! We go to the creek frequently & I started collecting them for a flower bed, but ended up just using other material after bringing home all kinds of rocks! Haha oh well, maybe ill find something to do with them or someone who can use them! Have a great night everyone! God bless!
Free geodes?? I'll be there in 3 hours! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
....and a Good Morning to everyone!
It's been a great day so far! Found the missing hen under the shed and lured her out with a handful of scratch. My roadside finds from last night---9 white plastic chairs and a porch swing frame--turned out great! Just need to wash them off with some elbow grease!
It's nice to see the regulars on here again! And I'm jealous of the geodes that lala has! AW, that old grocery store would be something I'd love to see. How close to Shaker Village? It'd be a nice trip. Maybe an overnight trip.
When we visited Prince Edward Island there was a small chapel built entirely of bottles! Very impressive! Thousands of bottles!
Y'all have a great day! I'm off to breakfast.
"Shaker Village at PLeasant Hill" is at the intersection of U.S. 68 and Ky. Hwy 33 going toward the community of Burgin. That village has been restored and they have excellent dining, a visitor's center, gift shop, grounds touring, and overnight lodging in some of the old community quarters. The village sits atop the hills a few miles past the Kentucky River (with large limestone Palisades also worth viewing and a boat ride down the river to view those Palisades, wild life, and such) and is where the Shakers once took their goods down river to sell. The old Geode store is a couple of miles from the Shaker Village, but I can't remember if it is going back east on U.S. 68 toward Lexington or Southwest on Ky 33 toward Burgin.

You can read about the Shakers and Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill online. While in the area, you might also want to go on about 6 miles to the town of Harrodsburg to see Old Fort Harrod which was one of Kentucky's original forts. Traveling on Hwy 33 through the town of Burgin, you will come to Danville and can visit "Constitution Square" where the original constitution for the state was initiated. Also, that is the same area where Ephraim McDowell performed the first surgery in the state on Jame Todd Crawford. Much History in close proxximity including Perryville Battlefield State Park and Camp Nelson Heritage center where over 10,000 African Americans were inducted into the Union Army after the Emancipation Proclamation. That is also worth a visit.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog had a restless night. He kept wanting to visit the tree but did not want to go out in the rain. LOL
Stein does the same thing. But if I go out with him, he will do his business pronto. He probably thinks that if he has to get wet, I have to get wet too.
Anne

Mitchell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

E RATSO wrote:
<quoted text>she sounds like a hoarder ,....
collecting peoples other peoples trash ,..and hauling it home ,.. where it piles up in the house and yard ,.....
at least ky rocks are worth something ,...
{ the big round ones are worth about $1.00 ea wholesale }
dumb yankees might even pay more
Lol. Hoarder... Lol. Well the chairs will be placed in the crawl space under the house where we go during tornado warnings. So I have a very practical use for them. Swing frame? In a lovely spot in the woods. I may be a "dumb Yankee " but my geodes from Tuesday were free for the taking! Troll on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

E RATSO wrote:
<quoted text>she sounds like a hoarder ,....
collecting peoples other peoples trash ,..and hauling it home ,.. where it piles up in the house and yard ,.....
at least ky rocks are worth something ,...
{ the big round ones are worth about $1.00 ea wholesale }
dumb yankees might even pay more
Hey!!!! This Yankee turned Southerner is not dumb.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Hoarder... Lol. Well the chairs will be placed in the crawl space under the house where we go during tornado warnings. So I have a very practical use for them. Swing frame? In a lovely spot in the woods. I may be a "dumb Yankee " but my geodes from Tuesday were free for the taking! Troll on.
So you're a Yankee transplant too? What state did you come from?
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Right now I'm residing in the state of my birth: Indiana.

We spent many years living in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Also Minnesota, Louisiana, Wyoming . Then my better half has lived in Rhode Island, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri and Pennsylvania. And yes, I know how to pack to move. Lol
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shaker Village at PLeasant Hill" is at the intersection of U.S. 68 and Ky. Hwy 33 going toward the community of Burgin. That village has been restored and they have excellent dining, a visitor's center, gift shop, grounds touring, and overnight lodging in some of the old community quarters. The village sits atop the hills a few miles past the Kentucky River (with large limestone Palisades also worth viewing and a boat ride down the river to view those Palisades, wild life, and such) and is where the Shakers once took their goods down river to sell. The old Geode store is a couple of miles from the Shaker Village, but I can't remember if it is going back east on U.S. 68 toward Lexington or Southwest on Ky 33 toward Burgin.
You can read about the Shakers and Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill online. While in the area, you might also want to go on about 6 miles to the town of Harrodsburg to see Old Fort Harrod which was one of Kentucky's original forts. Traveling on Hwy 33 through the town of Burgin, you will come to Danville and can visit "Constitution Square" where the original constitution for the state was initiated. Also, that is the same area where Ephraim McDowell performed the first surgery in the state on Jame Todd Crawford. Much History in close proxximity including Perryville Battlefield State Park and Camp Nelson Heritage center where over 10,000 African Americans were inducted into the Union Army after the Emancipation Proclamation. That is also worth a visit.
I'm fairly familiar with Danville KY. Constitution square. Centre college is where my daughter attended a summer program years ago. Oh they have a Big Brass Band Concert there every year and I've attended that a couple of times. But I've never done anything with Pleasant Hill. I've been to South Union a couple of times to tour the shaker village there but I know pleasant hill has much more.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Okay, here is another post for someone to post or judge what they "think" as if their thinking will make any changes in the overall scheme of life. Good morning folks.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Going to be really nice and cool today. Hope you all have a good one!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning!

Just look at that sun shine! Luv it! A full day ahead and lots of choices on how to spend it! Tonight when I lay my head down I hope to have accomplished a lot of wonderful things.. Even if it is just cleaning and laundry! Lol
shine in

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

let the sun shine
let the sun shine in ,...
the sun shine in
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

3 hours of mowing is enough, now time to post some lame BS so some people will have something to complain about. Maybe they ought to just bypass this thread and go to Baskin-Robbins for some ice cream to sweeten their disposition. LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

undertaker wrote:
<quoted text>hey uh who the hell puts a picture of their god dam cat as their face and on this website man oglala i think you are a bitch for puting your cat on here.
It's not my cat, It's just A cat,so troll on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Good afternoon, folks. It's a beautiful day to day. Hope the cooler weather prevails. Ann, I'm glad that you found your hen. I would love to have a flock, but my outside dogs might harass them, so I don't dare. Those fresh eggs can't compare to what you find in the grocery store. Garden is still coming up slowly. I found a corn stalk growing in the horse paddock, and it's twice the size of my garden corn. Must have been a kernel in the horse grain that passed through and planted itself. Shows you what manure can do for good fertilizer. Hope that my horse doesn't decide to eat it.@AW: It's interesting how people can come on this site just to bash the discussion. You would think that they could think of something more interesting and productive to do. Don't you think?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
@AW: It's interesting how people can come on this site just to bash the discussion. You would think that they could think of something more interesting and productive to do. Don't you think?
No, it doesn't have much logic. When we were young, we tried playing ball in the cow pasture. After stepping in the fresh warm cow paddies several times, we moved the game. You would think that if they are tired of lame BS, they would just move their game. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

News Flash wrote:
Hundreds of lame ass posters posting on the worlds lamest thread. Day by day week by week hour by hour they return to post the same BS they post everyday.
All that for a News Flash ,Flash...Reminds me of a butt naked guy cutting his grass one time. I can't recall what part of Ky. Owensboro maybe. I thought I had entered a nudist colony. Lol. If you don't like the thread, move along little doggy.
Partner has differential going out on his tractor. Several leaks. Going to be down for a while.
Beautiful day. The morning and afternoon temps. were great!!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

To All good Folks, enjoy the evening. It is nice as well;) Life is great and beer is good. Haha.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
To All good Folks, enjoy the evening. It is nice as well;) Life is great and beer is good. Haha.
Sounds great. Wish I could have a nice, cold Coors, but I can't drink with the meds that I take. Such a shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,221 - 76,240 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

60 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,956
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Mike Duquette 128,020
verna warren 1 hr would like to know 3
KC Basketball Coach 2 hr KC Fan 66
verna warren 3 hr would like to know 1
looking for a mini pot belly pig 3 hr har 1
Huge yard sale 3 hr Tiff 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 16 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••