Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,201 - 76,220 of 81,560 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Hello dear bird threaders!

Camped at Bowling Green last night and the rain sounded great on the camper roof! Glad it didn't storm there! We poked around at the Corvette Museum for a little while and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.
Now, AW, exactly how do my chickens know when I'm not home and they can escape ? Makes me crazy!
I'm headed out to eat with the ladies group here shortly and won't be back till late. Soooo, I'm hoping there's some bird threaders out there that drops in and leaves a post or two!! Big Stevie..later! Jesse...how's the government programs coming along? I, for one, don't think you live in your parents basement but I'm surprised you showed up here. Most of your posts are amusing .. Lol

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Another hot one! Drink water
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Hello dear bird threaders!
Camped at Bowling Green last night and the rain sounded great on the camper roof! Glad it didn't storm there! We poked around at the Corvette Museum for a little while and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.
Now, AW, exactly how do my chickens know when I'm not home and they can escape ? Makes me crazy!
I'm headed out to eat with the ladies group here shortly and won't be back till late. Soooo, I'm hoping there's some bird threaders out there that drops in and leaves a post or two!! Big Stevie..later! Jesse...how's the government programs coming along? I, for one, don't think you live in your parents basement but I'm surprised you showed up here. Most of your posts are amusing .. Lol
Maybe most of the bird threaders have gone off to find your escaping chickens or don't find all these other proxy posters all that amusing or entertaining. LOL Me ? I like the versatility and the laughs.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Another hot one! Drink water
Just had another quick thunderstorm and down pour here and got plenty of water... but I was not drinking it, only wearing it LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/h...

It states the horse won the race unfairly because the weight of the rider determines who wins the race. Lol. Apparently, he was determined to win no matter what. Hehe. Now, that's some intelligence. I wonder, how the rider felt. I think, the horse is communicating rather effectively here. I ponder if the rider has a bruised ego to go with rear.Haha.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Interesting work (or lack of it).. an anonymous proxy signing in and out just to mark negatives on my posts.. what a farce !! and so laughable LMAO
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ the-turnstile/horse-throws-rid er-goes-win-race-belmont-13060 3903.html
It states the horse won the race unfairly because the weight of the rider determines who wins the race. Lol. Apparently, he was determined to win no matter what. Hehe. Now, that's some intelligence. I wonder, how the rider felt. I think, the horse is communicating rather effectively here. I ponder if the rider has a bruised ego to go with rear.Haha.
Maybe the rider made the mistake of yelling the mare's sister's name. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just had another quick thunderstorm and down pour here and got plenty of water... but I was not drinking it, only wearing it LOL
My herb garden has appreciated the rain
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

@ Misty: loved the horse story. Some people that have monkeys on their backs need to take a lesson from this racehorse! Lol
@ Roaming; it sure was a "Drink Water" kind of day! Way too hot for me! Luv that ac!
@ AW: please be assured I am forever grateful to all the bird threaders that joined in the great chicken hunt while laying low waiting for the "storm " to pass . Lol. Have a good night!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Just had another quick thunderstorm and down pour here and got plenty of water... but I was not drinking it, only wearing it LOL
No rain here, just heat. It's air that you can wear!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Good evening, my fine feathered friends. I see that Roaming is still awake, as am I. I've been a little under the weather, both literally and figuratively, but I DO plan to drop in more often.
My new horse arrived, and I still haven't ridden her yet. She was neglected prior to being donated to the adoption agency, where I found her. I need to put about 75 pounds on her before she will be at a desirable weight. But she has been well-mannered and very gentle so far. We'll see what happens when I try to ride her for the first time. She doesn't even mind my dogs. Two of my outside dogs, one of whom is over 100 pounds, panicked at the approaching storm yesterday, and when I opened the stall door, they both scurried in and refused to leave. The horse didn't even bat an eyelash at sharing her stall with these two strange-looking 'horses'.

I'm glad to see that my old friends have been keeping up with the thread. My garden is growing slowly but surely, and the recent rain helped. It also helped the weeds grow.
I still have tons of birds in my yard. They eat side by side with the dogs, who gladly share their kibble. Needless to say, we go through dog food very quickly.

Hope that those of you who are tucked snugly in your beds have a restful sleep. I will be up on and off through the night, as usual. I sympathize with Roaming for having the same issues that I do.

Will talk to you all tomorrow. Love and Prayers, Lala.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Anne wrote:
Got a call today from my dozer man telling me about some geodes free for the taking. I'm 70 geodes richer!! Small mishap: took a step to get closer to a certain geode and found myself almost ankle deep in mud. It was the second time I'd worn these new shoes:-(
It was a great day and I had a great visit with my company! Roaming you certainly worked late today! Hope you get some good rest tonight!
Geodes are very interesting rock formations. There are tons of them on my farm. Some are naturally open, and you can see the crystals inside. Others remain whole, just waiting to be split and polished.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am financially poor but it has nothing to do with meaningless negative reactions to some of my trivial posts. Other than that, I am rich with Blessings from the Almighty. But Thanks for your concern.
We all love AW. By the way, Stein says a happy hello to dog.
Yea

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Idk why
punkin

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Anne wrote:
@ Misty: loved the horse story. Some people that have monkeys on their backs need to take a lesson from this racehorse! Lol
@ Roaming; it sure was a "Drink Water" kind of day! Way too hot for me! Luv that ac!
@ AW: please be assured I am forever grateful to all the bird threaders that joined in the great chicken hunt while laying low waiting for the "storm " to pass . Lol. Have a good night!
Hi Anne, I see you posted about geo rocks. I have all kinds I need to get rid of lol! We go to the creek frequently & I started collecting them for a flower bed, but ended up just using other material after bringing home all kinds of rocks! Haha oh well, maybe ill find something to do with them or someone who can use them! Have a great night everyone! God bless!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Geodes are very interesting rock formations. There are tons of them on my farm. Some are naturally open, and you can see the crystals inside. Others remain whole, just waiting to be split and polished.
In Mercer County near Shaker Village, there is an old abandoned country grocery where the entire building is made of geodes and mortar. Dog says "Hello" to Stein, but that is nothing special. He has said "hello" to nearly everything tonight. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
In Mercer County near Shaker Village, there is an old abandoned country grocery where the entire building is made of geodes and mortar. Dog says "Hello" to Stein, but that is nothing special. He has said "hello" to nearly everything tonight. lol
You are up very early this morning. Must be dog/tree time. LOL That country store sounds like an interesting piece of architecture. There was a house in MA. made from hand-hewn logs, and all the windows were made from beer bottles. Somebody must have been very thirsty.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You are up very early this morning. Must be dog/tree time. LOL That country store sounds like an interesting piece of architecture. There was a house in MA. made from hand-hewn logs, and all the windows were made from beer bottles. Somebody must have been very thirsty.
Dog had a restless night. He kept wanting to visit the tree but did not want to go out in the rain. LOL
Rock a Billy

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Good morning All! Having my coffee and them off to work after I walk the dogs. Embrace the Day!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

....and a Good Morning to everyone!
It's been a great day so far! Found the missing hen under the shed and lured her out with a handful of scratch. My roadside finds from last night---9 white plastic chairs and a porch swing frame--turned out great! Just need to wash them off with some elbow grease!
It's nice to see the regulars on here again! And I'm jealous of the geodes that lala has! AW, that old grocery store would be something I'd love to see. How close to Shaker Village? It'd be a nice trip. Maybe an overnight trip.
When we visited Prince Edward Island there was a small chapel built entirely of bottles! Very impressive! Thousands of bottles!
Y'all have a great day! I'm off to breakfast.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

116 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min The Apostle 146,840
Marlena cox 14 min funny 54
i miss my amy 16 min Miss Me 6
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 21 min Jennifer Renee 3,804
creekie 35 min Scandal 1
Stivers center swin coach abandons children in ... (Mar '12) 1 hr Maybe 55
Malena Cox n Scotty 1 hr joe cool 2
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs