Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,683

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
hua wah

AOL

#90462 Jun 25, 2013
A woman in Charlestown, Ind., who didn't want to be identified, searched all night for the animal prowling her backyard on Thursday, thinking it was a bobcat that had been threatening neighborhood cats, Her boyfriend grabbed his shotgun when she spotted a "dark shadow" near her pool and shot what turned out to be a leopard.

authorities at the Indiana Department of Natural Resources confirmed Friday that the couple had in fact shot a leopard,.

"The cat in these photographs has been identified tentatively as a leopard," a department rep said. "Perhaps an immature cat about 9 months old.
Hoppy

United States

#90463 Jun 25, 2013
Really
hua wah

AOL

#90464 Jun 25, 2013
see .....
there really are BIG wild cats around these parts ,.....
maybe that black panther story , at the greenriver is true
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90465 Jun 25, 2013
The sporadic showers have helped the basil and flowers grow more. The birds seems just as active as well. I guess, their bellies have been getting full from emerging worms as well as that 10 lb. bag of food that was devoured in a week. Lol.
Such a gorgeous day, hope everyone gets to enjoy it.
As far as wild creatures go, if anyone obtains a wild critter it's irresponsible not to keep control of it. Those animals- predatory by nature- could kill children as well while they are playing in their backyards.Certain animals should never be domesticated.
Good day to All and stay safe;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90466 Jun 25, 2013
I don't suppose anyone would want to pet this wild creature. At least they haven't for quite a while now. LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90467 Jun 25, 2013
Guessing you all lived through the day. It was beautiful and hot. Work was busy and I am SO glad to be home.
in the know

AOL

#90468 Jun 25, 2013
it looks like the poor old wolf man is in need of a stroking ,....

but beware ladies ,...

even old wolfs tend to bite
Anne

United States

#90471 Jun 25, 2013
Got a call today from my dozer man telling me about some geodes free for the taking. I'm 70 geodes richer!! Small mishap: took a step to get closer to a certain geode and found myself almost ankle deep in mud. It was the second time I'd worn these new shoes:-(
It was a great day and I had a great visit with my company! Roaming you certainly worked late today! Hope you get some good rest tonight!
on the wink

Logan, WV

#90472 Jun 25, 2013
in the know wrote:
it looks like the poor old wolf man is in need of a stroking ,....
but beware ladies ,...
even old wolfs tend to bite
but it's not bad since he has no teeth ; )
what now

United States

#90473 Jun 25, 2013
Lightning bugs are back! Yay! A lot this year. I was afraid if birds are dying and all this and that is happening we would not have any more lightning bugs. Maybe things are "all better." If not, well oblivion is nice anyways.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#90474 Jun 26, 2013
Revised story of Little Red Riding Hood: "My Grandmother, What big gums you have" LOL
Hmmmmm

United States

#90475 Jun 26, 2013
Where have all the regulars of bird threaders gone? Hellooooo?
do tell

Indianapolis, IN

#90476 Jun 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
Got a call today from my dozer man telling me about some geodes free for the taking. I'm 70 geodes richer!! Small mishap: took a step to get closer to a certain geode and found myself almost ankle deep in mud. It was the second time I'd worn these new shoes:-(
It was a great day and I had a great visit with my company! Roaming you certainly worked late today! Hope you get some good rest tonight!
Nice! How big & wt kind?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90477 Jun 26, 2013
Another beautiful day! Hope it's good for you all.
Anne

United States

#90478 Jun 26, 2013
do tell wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice! How big & wt kind?
What kind? Ouch. I don't know names for various types. All I know is that there's brown and gray/white. A couple dark red. Picked them up at an old house site so I imagine they were a collection from over time and places.
Size? Many softball and a few muskmelon size. Lots of baseball size and several smaller. Just counted and its about 90!! Happy. Happy. Happy . Lol
soooooo

AOL

#90480 Jun 26, 2013
there are millions of lightning bugs in Columbia ,.....
its like a fire works show ,.....
SOOOOOooooooooo......
the air must be clean ,..

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90481 Jun 26, 2013
Just a hot one here. Hope you all stayed cool. On the home front the Teenager wants an animal of his own. Seriously? Another mouth to feed.
Lyktu Simo Mulah

Corbin, KY

#90482 Jun 26, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just a hot one here. Hope you all stayed cool. On the home front the Teenager wants an animal of his own. Seriously? Another mouth to feed.
Who are you and why don't you have a big juicy bolonie sammich n ur hand right now?
supp sucka

AOL

#90483 Jun 26, 2013
poor old wolf man ,...got some negative reactions from is bird brained buddy's
Jasper

Poland

#90484 Jun 26, 2013
I was at McDonald’s Saturday afternoon. I had a bowel accident on myself. I was so embarrassed that I got up to leave but I guess it leaked onto the floor and followed me out the door. I'm sorry to the other patrons who had to deal with that smell. I also wanna apologize to the employees. I feel bad because I believe one employee slipped and fell in it and to the others who had to clean it up. Please keep all mean comments to yourself, I couldn't help it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Mariachi Restaurant 7 min Sad 16
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 39 min Courtroom visitor 46
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 39 min country chic 75
Indictments 48 min Go Mary Go 89
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min ChromiuMan 131,411
big buck in carter hollow 1 hr Unknown 6
If McGhee is this dirty in Campaign, Imagine on... 2 hr Plop 23
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 3 hr bad cop 32
Mike Warren embezzled money? 6 hr Captain Obvious 19

Freeze Watch for Knox County was issued at October 31 at 11:15AM EDT

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance