Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,121 - 76,140 of 81,600 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90393 Jun 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90394 Jun 21, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't buy. They will spy on you. LOl!
I had no plans to buy I was just poking fun at the silly commercials.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90395 Jun 21, 2013
Wooooo! Is it hot! I'm thrilled I have air conditioning right now.
Anne

United States

#90396 Jun 21, 2013
The Sentinel wrote:
I would like to go see the Moonbow at Cumberland Falls near Corbin, Ky.
There's a corps of engineers campground near there. Wolf creek ? And also a fish hatchery where you can put a quarter in the machine and get fish food. It's been years since I've been there. Really need to go back! Kentucky has many beautiful and unique spots! Buckhorn lake is beautiful also! Natural bridge...much more!
Anne

United States

#90397 Jun 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I do buy "fake food" ! When our house was up for sale I bought a realistic blueberry pie, stuck it in the oven and turned the oven light on! I put a "loaf of homemade" bread on a platter on the counter and lit a yummy baking smell candle ! Heehee! Ambiance! Ambiance! Also ran a DVD (with very quiet music) of a mountain stream. The TV corner was too dark so the DVD supplied the needed lighting! Lol! But! I did not have a fake bird! No sirree! Wouldn't stoop that low. Heeheehee !
Syl

Ashland, KY

#90398 Jun 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I know. With all the spy scandals going around just taking the chanch to have some fun with it.
Syl

Ashland, KY

#90399 Jun 21, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
http://www.ifplantscouldtalk.r utgers.edu/planttalk/article.a sp?ID=13
Deterring rabbits;)
Thanks. This is the first year I had this to happen with the rabbits.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90400 Jun 21, 2013
A wonderful night! How nice is that moon??
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#90402 Jun 21, 2013
just thought i would check in....

has been a busy week. took a job cleaning a ladys house up for a wedding reception. been at it everyday since last Friday, nine to ten hours everyday except five on the days i work at the clinic. still not done and im beat. hubby went with me the past couple days to get a big portion done. we have made seven hundred dollars so far and she is talking like when we get it all done (hopefully by Tuesday) she would like us to come back every couple weeks to maintain it. it was really really dirty but now that its all clean im hoping we can knock it out in one day from now one and this will be a nice side job for me.

hubby is doing good at school so far.....cant believe his first semester is already half way over but he is making good grades and trying hard like i knew he would. hopefully in the fall when he goes full time, he will keep it up.:)

baby sitting two dachshunds for the next week while their mommy is out of town. we got them this afternoon and ...oh good lord! i thought my joe poodle was a goofy acting dog, he aint got nothing on these two. the cats find nothing amusing about them, but whats new there.... they always complain about everything.(smh)

my allergies are killing me!

been hitting the pool every night.... my muscles hurt soooooo bad... but i know if i stick with it, by next week i will hurt if i don't go swim.

fell asleep on the back porch again today and woke up all lobster-fied. every year.....

thinks that's all from this side of town. hope everyone else is doing well
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#90404 Jun 22, 2013
You'll be happiest when you're kept busy today. You'll also be perfectly content if you can potter about on your toilet or garden, by yourself and tackling the chores in your own sweet time. If you're currently looking for a new hat, have another look at your wish list of how you want it to be.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90405 Jun 22, 2013
Just about to head to work. Going to be another hot one here. Have a good day ya'll.
coocoo

Mount Sterling, KY

#90407 Jun 22, 2013
Syl wrote:
Does any one have suggestions on how to keep rabbits out of the garden. They're eating everything
choot em' syl , choot em'
Anne

United States

#90412 Jun 22, 2013
betty wrote:
just thought i would check in....
has been a busy week. took a job cleaning a ladys house up for a wedding reception. been at it everyday since last Friday, nine to ten hours everyday except five on the days i work at the clinic. still not done and im beat. hubby went with me the past couple days to get a big portion done. we have made seven hundred dollars so far and she is talking like when we get it all done (hopefully by Tuesday) she would like us to come back every couple weeks to maintain it. it was really really dirty but now that its all clean im hoping we can knock it out in one day from now one and this will be a nice side job for me.
hubby is doing good at school so far.....cant believe his first semester is already half way over but he is making good grades and trying hard like i knew he would. hopefully in the fall when he goes full time, he will keep it up.:)
baby sitting two dachshunds for the next week while their mommy is out of town. we got them this afternoon and ...oh good lord! i thought my joe poodle was a goofy acting dog, he aint got nothing on these two. the cats find nothing amusing about them, but whats new there.... they always complain about everything.(smh)
my allergies are killing me!
been hitting the pool every night.... my muscles hurt soooooo bad... but i know if i stick with it, by next week i will hurt if i don't go swim.
fell asleep on the back porch again today and woke up all lobster-fied. every year.....
thinks that's all from this side of town. hope everyone else is doing well
That cleaning job sounds like its a real bear! The first go around is always tough but maintaining is much easier!! My friend (Who cleans a few houses) help me ready our kentucky house for sale. Thought both of us could knock it out in a day, but, nooooo! We got the upstairs bedrooms and baths cleaned! Let me tell you it did look right nice!!
Sure glad your hubby is enjoying his summer classes. He will be adjusted to the studying routine by the time fall semester starts. Is he the oldest in the class?? I was usually the oldest. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90413 Jun 22, 2013
Easier to keep things neat and clean if you do a little each day. I know some folks that make a big ordeal out of cleaning and 3 days later, the place is trashed.
jack dang

New Albany, IN

#90414 Jun 22, 2013
Whats the deal with all the birds dying in Western Kentucky?
Huh

Frankfort, KY

#90416 Jun 22, 2013
jack dang wrote:
Whats the deal with all the birds dying in Western Kentucky?
Jack, thank you for your concern. I want to do all that I can to save the birds of Western Kentucky. With good people like you, that is possible. If we could only get people to quit being so self centered and get back to discussing this issue then we could save more birds.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#90418 Jun 22, 2013
Well, hotter today than yesterday. Hope you all had a good day.
Huh

Frankfort, KY

#90419 Jun 22, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Well, hotter today than yesterday. Hope you all had a good day.
Yay!
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#90421 Jun 22, 2013
Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:

Long time the manxome foe he soughtó

So rested he by the Tumtum tree,

And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,

The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,

Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,

And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

He left it dead, and with its head

He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?

Come to my arms, my beamish boy!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.
Loveforyou

Richmond, KY

#90422 Jun 22, 2013
The birds are dying because of monsanto. A company that started out 100 years ago as chemical makers.. Then they were the ones who created agent orange. Now they are the ones who ruin farmers lives, cause cancer, and the reason of the mass Bee extinction happening right now. They attempted to put a patent on life. The DNA molecule. Several other countries have kicked them out and burned the genetically modified crops to the ground. These are 3rd world countries doing this and America is in the dark why? They black out any person who tries to reveal this. HUNDREDS of scientists have proved everything said here. They are terrorists that are somehow on the inside and influencing everything, media, CNN, FOX, anything you see on the t.v. Now they have bought out our fda and congressmen out and Obama has even appointed a few ex-monsanto employees as heads of the FDA. The media you see on T.V. is all propaganda now so your not going to see a whole lot about this ordeal you have to get the information from independant reporters. You need to support LOCAL FARMERS in order to win this war. Vote with your dollar. Monsantos headquarters are in Missouri for anyone who has a torch and some pitch forks. We dont have to be a science experiment. Wake up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min WIM for McConnell 1,552
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min DITCH HARRY 151,286
I am Wiki Hillbilly ask me a question 42 min gator 2
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 1 hr No clue 12
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr hmm 1
What time does IGA open? 2 hr bagger 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Khatru 130,549
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••