Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,121 - 76,140 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 21 hrs ago
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Does any one have suggestions on how to keep rabbits out of the garden. They're eating everything

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
New Haven KY is outside elizabeth town ky. Google it for ride times. There's one ride that's held up by gunmen on horses . They come on board and rob the passengers --proceeds go to crusade for children. At the turnaround spot you can walk down to the local store and buy a drink and sandwich or take your own snack They have dinner train rides also. I've done the Stearns ride also. Enjoyed it !! I would like to do that again!
I've not been to Mill Springs but have heard of it. Spring Mill State Park is by Mitchell Indiana. It'd be quite the drive though. About 3 hours from owensboro or about 1 1/2 hour from Louisville . Btw, astronaut Gus Grissom is from Mitchell and there is a building at the park---in the woods, next to a pioneer village--dedicated to him and space exploration . They have a pioneer village with demonstrators , old working grist mill to buy fresh ground corn, boat rides into a cave, lodge, camping.$7 a car load, I believe
Don't forget about Carter Caves towards the West from Vanceburg. Only about 40 miles from there. Full camping, No Lodge last time I was there but cabins I think. Great big cavernous opening on one cave but don't be fooled. On in there is one call "Fat man's Squeeze" (unless I am confusing that with Mammoth Cave)

Have Fun!
The Sentinel

Prospect, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

I would like to go see the Moonbow at Cumberland Falls near Corbin, Ky.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't buy. They will spy on you. LOl!
I had no plans to buy I was just poking fun at the silly commercials.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Wooooo! Is it hot! I'm thrilled I have air conditioning right now.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

The Sentinel wrote:
I would like to go see the Moonbow at Cumberland Falls near Corbin, Ky.
There's a corps of engineers campground near there. Wolf creek ? And also a fish hatchery where you can put a quarter in the machine and get fish food. It's been years since I've been there. Really need to go back! Kentucky has many beautiful and unique spots! Buckhorn lake is beautiful also! Natural bridge...much more!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I do buy "fake food" ! When our house was up for sale I bought a realistic blueberry pie, stuck it in the oven and turned the oven light on! I put a "loaf of homemade" bread on a platter on the counter and lit a yummy baking smell candle ! Heehee! Ambiance! Ambiance! Also ran a DVD (with very quiet music) of a mountain stream. The TV corner was too dark so the DVD supplied the needed lighting! Lol! But! I did not have a fake bird! No sirree! Wouldn't stoop that low. Heeheehee !
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I know. With all the spy scandals going around just taking the chanch to have some fun with it.
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
http://www.ifplantscouldtalk.r utgers.edu/planttalk/article.a sp?ID=13
Deterring rabbits;)
Thanks. This is the first year I had this to happen with the rabbits.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

A wonderful night! How nice is that moon??
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

just thought i would check in....

has been a busy week. took a job cleaning a ladys house up for a wedding reception. been at it everyday since last Friday, nine to ten hours everyday except five on the days i work at the clinic. still not done and im beat. hubby went with me the past couple days to get a big portion done. we have made seven hundred dollars so far and she is talking like when we get it all done (hopefully by Tuesday) she would like us to come back every couple weeks to maintain it. it was really really dirty but now that its all clean im hoping we can knock it out in one day from now one and this will be a nice side job for me.

hubby is doing good at school so far.....cant believe his first semester is already half way over but he is making good grades and trying hard like i knew he would. hopefully in the fall when he goes full time, he will keep it up.:)

baby sitting two dachshunds for the next week while their mommy is out of town. we got them this afternoon and ...oh good lord! i thought my joe poodle was a goofy acting dog, he aint got nothing on these two. the cats find nothing amusing about them, but whats new there.... they always complain about everything.(smh)

my allergies are killing me!

been hitting the pool every night.... my muscles hurt soooooo bad... but i know if i stick with it, by next week i will hurt if i don't go swim.

fell asleep on the back porch again today and woke up all lobster-fied. every year.....

thinks that's all from this side of town. hope everyone else is doing well
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

You'll be happiest when you're kept busy today. You'll also be perfectly content if you can potter about on your toilet or garden, by yourself and tackling the chores in your own sweet time. If you're currently looking for a new hat, have another look at your wish list of how you want it to be.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Just about to head to work. Going to be another hot one here. Have a good day ya'll.
coocoo

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Syl wrote:
Does any one have suggestions on how to keep rabbits out of the garden. They're eating everything
choot em' syl , choot em'
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
just thought i would check in....
has been a busy week. took a job cleaning a ladys house up for a wedding reception. been at it everyday since last Friday, nine to ten hours everyday except five on the days i work at the clinic. still not done and im beat. hubby went with me the past couple days to get a big portion done. we have made seven hundred dollars so far and she is talking like when we get it all done (hopefully by Tuesday) she would like us to come back every couple weeks to maintain it. it was really really dirty but now that its all clean im hoping we can knock it out in one day from now one and this will be a nice side job for me.
hubby is doing good at school so far.....cant believe his first semester is already half way over but he is making good grades and trying hard like i knew he would. hopefully in the fall when he goes full time, he will keep it up.:)
baby sitting two dachshunds for the next week while their mommy is out of town. we got them this afternoon and ...oh good lord! i thought my joe poodle was a goofy acting dog, he aint got nothing on these two. the cats find nothing amusing about them, but whats new there.... they always complain about everything.(smh)
my allergies are killing me!
been hitting the pool every night.... my muscles hurt soooooo bad... but i know if i stick with it, by next week i will hurt if i don't go swim.
fell asleep on the back porch again today and woke up all lobster-fied. every year.....
thinks that's all from this side of town. hope everyone else is doing well
That cleaning job sounds like its a real bear! The first go around is always tough but maintaining is much easier!! My friend (Who cleans a few houses) help me ready our kentucky house for sale. Thought both of us could knock it out in a day, but, nooooo! We got the upstairs bedrooms and baths cleaned! Let me tell you it did look right nice!!
Sure glad your hubby is enjoying his summer classes. He will be adjusted to the studying routine by the time fall semester starts. Is he the oldest in the class?? I was usually the oldest. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Easier to keep things neat and clean if you do a little each day. I know some folks that make a big ordeal out of cleaning and 3 days later, the place is trashed.
jack dang

Nabb, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Whats the deal with all the birds dying in Western Kentucky?
Huh

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

jack dang wrote:
Whats the deal with all the birds dying in Western Kentucky?
Jack, thank you for your concern. I want to do all that I can to save the birds of Western Kentucky. With good people like you, that is possible. If we could only get people to quit being so self centered and get back to discussing this issue then we could save more birds.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Well, hotter today than yesterday. Hope you all had a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 7 min Buck Ofama 16,131
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min Limbertwig 147,044
Knox County = Stupid 35 min my real name 2
Stivers Center fixes 48 min Premo 61
care giver 52 min definitelt 2
sweet candy corn 54 min canner 2
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 1 hr meme 2
john sowders 4 hr stephanie 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••