Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,807)

Showing posts 76,121 - 76,140 of81,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90376
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I figured it was. I hope you all are staying cool up there too.
Mornings are particularly pleasant but I shut down my outside activity a little after 12 and hope I can get in a little nap ( yeah, right) then I may go back out about 5 or so. I'm not much of a sun person anymore and definitely can't stand the heat! Lol
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90377
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I don't have a magic broom but I've often dreamed about having a magic baseboard that at the touch of a button, lifts up and sucks all the floor debris across the floor and down the "hatch" ! Lol so AW, if you run across that be sure to let me know!! Lol

Everyone have a wonderful day!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90378
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

You know Ann, I considered going to Mammoth Caves for the day, but for some reason as I've aged, I'm just not comfortable anymore in tight confined spaces. Thankfully we went there quite a few times growing up. It's really a great place! As well, I don't think I could walk that far these days, hehe.

I do like Mill Springs too. It's such a serene place and walking around in the cemetery helps to put things into perspective. It makes me remember what I need to be appreciative of in life.

Where is this New Haven Railroad? That sounds interesting because I'm planning on taking the Stearns Railway tour once again real soon too.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90379
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
You know Ann, I considered going to Mammoth Caves for the day, but for some reason as I've aged, I'm just not comfortable anymore in tight confined spaces. Thankfully we went there quite a few times growing up. It's really a great place! As well, I don't think I could walk that far these days, hehe.
I do like Mill Springs too. It's such a serene place and walking around in the cemetery helps to put things into perspective. It makes me remember what I need to be appreciative of in life.
Where is this New Haven Railroad? That sounds interesting because I'm planning on taking the Stearns Railway tour once again real soon too.
Do You know about the "Zollie" tree at Mill Springs? Confederate General Felix K. Zollicoffer road his horse to where he thought were other Rebel forces and rode straight into the Fourth Kentucky Infantry, Union and was fatally wounded. The Union soldiers placed his remains near an oak tree that became known as the "Zollie" tree and it stood until it was blown down by a storm in 1995. Zollicoffer's body was later moved to Nashville. The Union won the battle and their dead were buried in individual graves, while the Confederates were interred in mass graves close to the Zollie tree.
josh

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90380
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

No way

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90382
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornings are particularly pleasant but I shut down my outside activity a little after 12 and hope I can get in a little nap ( yeah, right) then I may go back out about 5 or so. I'm not much of a sun person anymore and definitely can't stand the heat! Lol
I like to sit outside in the early mornings, but yeah, that heat gets to me. I am really spoiled. lol
Hope you have a great day!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90383
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bird feeder filled,grass cut and three quarters of the housework finished. What gorgeous weather we're having. I absolutely love it :)
@ Nope, really like that purple eye. Hehe. Reminds me of the dark purple dress I once had when I met Partner. Said could see right through it. Lol. Been trying to find another. Hehe.Glad you had the opportunity to get some adventure in;) Hopefully, that ticker is doing well because of all the fun...Take care.

It's nice to hear the bits of historical facts about Kentucky. I really enjoy them as well as all other interesting comments i.e. diy info. and friendly banter.
Nice day to all.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90384
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
You know Ann, I considered going to Mammoth Caves for the day, but for some reason as I've aged, I'm just not comfortable anymore in tight confined spaces. Thankfully we went there quite a few times growing up. It's really a great place! As well, I don't think I could walk that far these days, hehe.
I do like Mill Springs too. It's such a serene place and walking around in the cemetery helps to put things into perspective. It makes me remember what I need to be appreciative of in life.
Where is this New Haven Railroad? That sounds interesting because I'm planning on taking the Stearns Railway tour once again real soon too.
New Haven KY is outside elizabeth town ky. Google it for ride times. There's one ride that's held up by gunmen on horses . They come on board and rob the passengers --proceeds go to crusade for children. At the turnaround spot you can walk down to the local store and buy a drink and sandwich or take your own snack They have dinner train rides also. I've done the Stearns ride also. Enjoyed it !! I would like to do that again!
I've not been to Mill Springs but have heard of it. Spring Mill State Park is by Mitchell Indiana. It'd be quite the drive though. About 3 hours from owensboro or about 1 1/2 hour from Louisville . Btw, astronaut Gus Grissom is from Mitchell and there is a building at the park---in the woods, next to a pioneer village--dedicated to him and space exploration . They have a pioneer village with demonstrators , old working grist mill to buy fresh ground corn, boat rides into a cave, lodge, camping.$7 a car load, I believe
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90387
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't believe that last joke was by the real Big Stevie. It was just a bit more off color than what he posts.
Nah. Our buddy posts under a blue name. Not gray like mine.
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90388
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for $14.99 you can get two, if you pay separate shipping and handling on the 2nd one. Don't believe it? Just Google "perfect polly pet" LOL Get those and you won't even need the Ronco Magic Broom!! Lmao or a SHARK sweeper
Please don't buy. They will spy on you. LOl!
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90389
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Does any one have suggestions on how to keep rabbits out of the garden. They're eating everything

“Cancer free released from doc ”

Since: May 12

Tollesboro,KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90390
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
New Haven KY is outside elizabeth town ky. Google it for ride times. There's one ride that's held up by gunmen on horses . They come on board and rob the passengers --proceeds go to crusade for children. At the turnaround spot you can walk down to the local store and buy a drink and sandwich or take your own snack They have dinner train rides also. I've done the Stearns ride also. Enjoyed it !! I would like to do that again!
I've not been to Mill Springs but have heard of it. Spring Mill State Park is by Mitchell Indiana. It'd be quite the drive though. About 3 hours from owensboro or about 1 1/2 hour from Louisville . Btw, astronaut Gus Grissom is from Mitchell and there is a building at the park---in the woods, next to a pioneer village--dedicated to him and space exploration . They have a pioneer village with demonstrators , old working grist mill to buy fresh ground corn, boat rides into a cave, lodge, camping.$7 a car load, I believe
Don't forget about Carter Caves towards the West from Vanceburg. Only about 40 miles from there. Full camping, No Lodge last time I was there but cabins I think. Great big cavernous opening on one cave but don't be fooled. On in there is one call "Fat man's Squeeze" (unless I am confusing that with Mammoth Cave)

Have Fun!
The Sentinel

Prospect, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90392
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I would like to go see the Moonbow at Cumberland Falls near Corbin, Ky.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90393
Jun 21, 2013
 
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90394
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't buy. They will spy on you. LOl!
I had no plans to buy I was just poking fun at the silly commercials.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90395
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Wooooo! Is it hot! I'm thrilled I have air conditioning right now.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90396
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The Sentinel wrote:
I would like to go see the Moonbow at Cumberland Falls near Corbin, Ky.
There's a corps of engineers campground near there. Wolf creek ? And also a fish hatchery where you can put a quarter in the machine and get fish food. It's been years since I've been there. Really need to go back! Kentucky has many beautiful and unique spots! Buckhorn lake is beautiful also! Natural bridge...much more!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90397
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no plans to buy I was just poking fun at the silly commercials.
I do buy "fake food" ! When our house was up for sale I bought a realistic blueberry pie, stuck it in the oven and turned the oven light on! I put a "loaf of homemade" bread on a platter on the counter and lit a yummy baking smell candle ! Heehee! Ambiance! Ambiance! Also ran a DVD (with very quiet music) of a mountain stream. The TV corner was too dark so the DVD supplied the needed lighting! Lol! But! I did not have a fake bird! No sirree! Wouldn't stoop that low. Heeheehee !
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90398
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no plans to buy I was just poking fun at the silly commercials.
LOL! I know. With all the spy scandals going around just taking the chanch to have some fun with it.
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90399
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Misty eyed wrote:
http://www.ifplantscouldtalk.r utgers.edu/planttalk/article.a sp?ID=13
Deterring rabbits;)
Thanks. This is the first year I had this to happen with the rabbits.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,121 - 76,140 of81,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Known Fact 122,687
lamon jones 7 min wtf 11
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Jay 138,617
new restaurant in downtown shopping center 46 min jss 27
Kenny Turner (Dec '09) 1 hr true 6
dell sff desktop 2 hr travis 3
burgerking and walmart 3 hr fred 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••