Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81699 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90195 Jun 13, 2013
LOL...haters! They just make me laugh.
So, another hot day. I hope ya'll aren't in the storms. Looks like the Eastern counties might get hit.
Have a lovely day!
not alone

United States

#90198 Jun 13, 2013
The memories we have start to become our treasures, our strength.  Once we start taking notice to the memories to see the pain no longer controls us nor our memories we start to understand that it is in us to keep pushing through it all, it is in the remembering the memories we find are our "happy thoughts" the thoughts we use to defeat the darkness, the pain we thought would never leave.  Those memories become the grip we take back on our mind, body, heart, soul.
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#90199 Jun 13, 2013
Flow wrote:
Herpty derpty, derpty herpty.
i will take early rap songs for 200 alex

sugar hill gang
rappers delight

personally i favored the def squad version tho
Imposter

London, KY

#90200 Jun 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't collect old antiques just because they are old. I only collect things that have somehow made it through the ages to touch my life and are really only meaningful to me.
Wouldn't it be nice to just have some little momento of that old man's life as a tail gunner on a B-25? Maybe something he carried such as the buckeye my grandfather carried in his pocket for a number of years and claimed it helped his arthritis. Those things are worthless in monetary value, but priceless.
Wolf I dont know what they'll do with his farm. His only son died over ten tears ago and his wife died soon after. He spoke of his older brother passing away around seven years ago. I know everything he had was paid for. The state will probably end up getting his whole spread.
The last time I talked to milky he and one of the side gunners were the only two left out of a five man crew.
I wonder if his medals will go with him to the ground? I am not familiar with military procedures I am only an honorary member of the VFW, I guess I better call around and find out the arrangements. We will sure honor him, because he was a very honorable man. We used to kid him about being the milk man, you know....LOL But he was a good'n though, lived by the word.
I always said he was a good neighbor because I never seen him much, now I wish I had dropped in to see him more. Lesson learned.
Watch those storms AW they'll probably be on you about now I guess, and heading steadily my way. A good day to all.
Flow

Anonymous Proxy

#90201 Jun 13, 2013
I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken I love chicken
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90202 Jun 13, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
LOL...haters! They just make me laugh.
So, another hot day. I hope ya'll aren't in the storms. Looks like the Eastern counties might get hit.
Have a lovely day!
Loving me some peanuts and spam. Saves me from going out in this storm to the Dollar Store LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90203 Jun 13, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Wolf I dont know what they'll do with his farm. His only son died over ten tears ago and his wife died soon after. He spoke of his older brother passing away around seven years ago. I know everything he had was paid for. The state will probably end up getting his whole spread.
The last time I talked to milky he and one of the side gunners were the only two left out of a five man crew.
I wonder if his medals will go with him to the ground? I am not familiar with military procedures I am only an honorary member of the VFW, I guess I better call around and find out the arrangements. We will sure honor him, because he was a very honorable man. We used to kid him about being the milk man, you know....LOL But he was a good'n though, lived by the word.
I always said he was a good neighbor because I never seen him much, now I wish I had dropped in to see him more. Lesson learned.
Watch those storms AW they'll probably be on you about now I guess, and heading steadily my way. A good day to all.
Storm subsided for now. The VFW might be able to acquire those medals and put them in a frame and post at the lodge. Good day to all also. If this storm is headed your way. it is fierce.
Flow

Anonymous Proxy

#90205 Jun 13, 2013
Derpty doo!!!!!

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#90206 Jun 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Loving me some peanuts and spam. Saves me from going out in this storm to the Dollar Store LOL
I like peanuts. They're good in cokes, too. My grandfather taught me about that. I also like the peanuts and tossing the shells on the floor at Roadhouses. It makes for a real cool atmosphere. I tried it at McDonald's. But the workers behind the counter kept giving me dirty looks every time I tossed a french fry on the floor.
Ohhhh

Chicago, IL

#90207 Jun 13, 2013
Hmm

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90208 Jun 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. We haven't had any rain, but oh those winds!
Flow

Netherlands

#90209 Jun 13, 2013
Derpty doo,soooo cute!!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90210 Jun 13, 2013
Noticed a lot of nuts oh well. I guess, that's life. Drinky poo sure sounds nice right now.Too bad the Gentleman Jack is gone. Still got a bottle of gin...Better get too it.
That sun is playing peekaboo at the moment that sulky thing.
You all hang on to your britches and hopefully Kentucky won't get the winds Indiana,Ohio and Illinois have been experiencing.
Too bad there's no almonds around here...Lol.Fine day;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90211 Jun 13, 2013
I will take some corn bread crumbled up in a cold glass of milk. Grew up on that stuff packing it in a one gallon karo syrup bucket to a country school that had no cafeteria. Only problem was that it was not cold. LOL Oh the wonders of electricity.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90213 Jun 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I will take some corn bread crumbled up in a cold glass of milk. Grew up on that stuff packing it in a one gallon karo syrup bucket to a country school that had no cafeteria. Only problem was that it was not cold. LOL Oh the wonders of electricity.
Do you recommend using buttermilk in the cornmeal batter? I usually just throw in meal, flour,1tb. sugar,salt, oil and two eggs,water. Sometimes I'll substitute honey to give it a sweeter flavor. Thanks AW. I like having milk and cornbread;)
Anne

United States

#90214 Jun 13, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Do you recommend using buttermilk in the cornmeal batter? I usually just throw in meal, flour,1tb. sugar,salt, oil and two eggs,water. Sometimes I'll substitute honey to give it a sweeter flavor. Thanks AW. I like having milk and cornbread;)
This cornbread and buttermilk thing. For whatever reason it is something that absolutely turns my stomach!! It truly puzzles me on how people swear by it! Lol I love sweet cornbread though!
not alone

La Porte, IN

#90215 Jun 13, 2013
sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90216 Jun 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
This cornbread and buttermilk thing. For whatever reason it is something that absolutely turns my stomach!! It truly puzzles me on how people swear by it! Lol I love sweet cornbread though!
Unbelievable but true, a half a cup of buttermilk in your cake mix makes for a fluffier cake. My Mother told me that one. Oh, yuck I never could drink it though;) Put that up there with pigs' feet and souse. I like squirrel meat though fried in flour.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90217 Jun 13, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Do you recommend using buttermilk in the cornmeal batter? I usually just throw in meal, flour,1tb. sugar,salt, oil and two eggs,water. Sometimes I'll substitute honey to give it a sweeter flavor. Thanks AW. I like having milk and cornbread;)
Buttermilk makes the best cornbread. But since I live rather remotely and don't get into town very often and like to conserve my regular milk for cereals and drinking, I keep a stash of Carnation Evaporated milk on hand. I use that in my coffee, making gravy, and add it with a touch of white vinegar to the other cornbread ingredients.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90218 Jun 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to use buttermilk in making cornbread, but not drinking it. I want regular milk with the crumbled cornbread. I don't care for cottage cheese either. If I am going to eat sweet cornbread, I will just have cake LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stivers aquatic center 1 hr Ideas 9
Found lost dog 2 hr dog momma 4
Lynn madon an mike brewner 2 hr IsThisHerName 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Devilsdaughter 163,921
stephanie gray (Sep '09) 3 hr seeamanboutadog 14
Steve warren is Jm Halls PUPPET !! 3 hr Thinking out loud 24
Girls who shave their hoohaas 3 hr Loves it 4

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages