Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,783)

Showing posts 75,641 - 75,660 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OhioJeepGirl

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are lucky and AW is right about bodies of water attracting different birds. It's a chance to see different ones during different times of the year. They do know where water is.
There were plenty of Earthquakes the last few days. Might be aftershocks of the one in California as well as a few others across the globe. I will post.:)
Magnitude-4.6 Quake in Santa Barbara Channel Jolts Coast
The quake was about 12 miles west of Santa Barbara near Isla Vista
An earthquake with a magnitude of 4.6 Wednesday morning near Isla Vista, just west of Santa Barbara, and two aftershocks rattled the Southern California coast and a few inland areas.
Earthquake Page: Maps, Preparing
The off-shore quake was reported at 7:38 a.m. The location (map) was about three miles west of Isla Vista and 12 miles west of Santa Barbara in the Santa Barbara Channel.
The quake was initially reported with a magnitude of 4.9, but downgraded to magnitude-4.6.
NBC LA Facebook page visitors reported shaking in Oxnard, Granada Hills, Woodland Hills, Canyon Country and Santa Barbara.
"I could hear my entire spiral staircase rattling, and it woke me up," said Jen Marlow, of Oxnard Shores. "It lasted a pretty long time."
Two magnitude-2.6 aftershocks were reported within an hour of the initial shaking.
There were no reports of injuries or significant damage, according to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department. No tsunami warnings, advisories or watches are in effect
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Earth...
Yeah, I do not miss CA at all. Tornados have warnings. I think it was Russia that just had a big quake. The world has had a number of big quakes the last few years.
OhioJeepGirl

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Worst Case EMP Scenario? Half Of U.S. Dead

The sun has kicked into high gear and produced four so-called X-class solar flares over the past week from a solar spot that is expected to come more into alignment with Earth as the sun’s activity peaks this year and next.

The intense solar storms are expected to last as long as until 2020.

Until now, the sun has remained relatively dormant, but with four X-class eruptions in one week, it is beginning to reach its “solar storm maximum” in this latest 11-year cycle of activity.

Scientists of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the Solar Dynamics Observatory say that the latest eruptions are the first X-class flares that the sun has produced in this cycle.

Of the four X-class flares, the first registered at X1.2, scientists said. It was the weakest, but as the week continued, more powerful flares registered at X3.2, which scientists say has been the strongest of the year.

The numbers assigned to the flares correlate to their strength. An X2, for example, is twice as intense as an X1, while an X3 is three times as intense.

The strongest flare recorded during the sun’s 11-year cycle was an X6.9. This occurred on August 9, 2011. The second strongest was an X5.4 on March 7, 2012.

The sun is going through Solar Cycle 24, which began in January 2008. So far during Solar Cycle 24 there have been 19 X-class solar flares, scientists say.

Along with the radiation from the flares, there also is a coronal mass ejection, or CME. During a CME, billions of tons of highly charged particles are ejected to interact with Earth’s magnetic field, causing radio blackouts and the shutdown or destruction of vulnerable electrical grid systems and sensitive electronic components.

The initial X-class flares came from the same active sunspot region, which scientists identify as AR-1748. They say it was away from the Earth, although it is possible that their effects could “just glance the Earth’s magnetic field.” As it was, it caused some radio blackout, scientists said.

While the flares spewing from this sunspot went off into space, the AR-1748 is rotating more in alignment with Earth, scientists say.

Scientists said that an increased number of solar flares are expected as the sun approaches its peak of high activity. The Space Weather Prediction Center said that upcoming solar activity is expected to be moderate, with a 50 percent probability of more X-class flares erupting in the weeks ahead.

Read the other half of the story here: http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2013/May28/2...
OhioJeepGirl

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

The Colorado River, The High Plains Aquifer And The Entire Western Half Of The U.S. Are Rapidly Drying Up

What is life going to look like as our precious water resources become increasingly strained and the western half of the United States becomes bone dry? Scientists tell us that the 20th century was the wettest century in the western half of the country in 1000 years, and now things appear to be reverting to their normal historical patterns. But we have built teeming cities in the desert such as Phoenix and Las Vegas that support millions of people. Cities all over the Southwest continue to grow even as the Colorado River, Lake Mead and the High Plains Aquifer system run dry. So what are we going to do when there isn't enough water to irrigate our crops or run through our water systems? Already we are seeing some ominous signs that Dust Bowl conditions are starting to return to the region. In the past couple of years we have seen giant dust storms known as "haboobs" roll through Phoenix, and 6 of the 10 worst years for wildfires ever recorded in the United States have all come since the year 2000. In fact, according to the Los Angeles Times, "the average number of fires larger than 1,000 acres in a year has nearly quadrupled in Arizona and Idaho and has doubled in every other Western state" since the 1970s. But scientists are warning that they expect the western United States to become much drier than it is now. What will the western half of the country look like once that happens?

Read the other 2/3rds of the article here:
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/t...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Banned Lyrics - 1960s

Bob Dylan's lyrics for "Talking John Birch Paranoid Blues" are banned from the Ed Sullivan Show. The lyrics for the Kingsmen hit "Louie, Louie" were temporarily banned for sexual content. The lyrics to the Barry McGuire song "Eve of Destruction" were banned for containing themes of suicidal ideation.

Radio stations across the country banned The Who's hit sing "Pictures of Lily" for masturbation lyrics. Frank Zappa's lyrics in "Money" were altered by MGM Records because of a sexual reference. Radio stations banned The Swinging Medallions' lyrics to "Double Shot (of My Baby's Love" because of sexual references.

In order to appear on the Ed Sullivan Show, the Rolling Stones agree to alter the lyrics to "Let's Spend The Night Together". Radio stations banned Van Morrison's "Brown-Eyed Girl" because of the mention of pre-marital sex and teenage pregnancy. Jim Morrison temporarily agreed to change the lyrics to "Light My Fire" for the Ed Sullivan Show so that the listening public would not hear the words "Girl we couldn't get much higher", but when live and on air, sang those very same words.

http://www.musiclyricsfyi.com/banned-lyrics.h...

Some of my favorites were banned???? WHAT? hahaha

Glad my big sis passed on the Beatles, Elvis, Dylan, Motown and all the sixties music.

Some of my favorites on the banned lists...

The Turtles - Eve Of Destruction
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (Original Version)

Pictures Of Lily - The Who

Rolling Stones LIVE - "Let's Spend The Night Together"

Light My Fire - The Doors

I love Van Morrison, the Who, Doors, Stones on that list.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I do not miss CA at all. Tornados have warnings. I think it was Russia that just had a big quake. The world has had a number of big quakes the last few years.
Russia has had ALOT of them. Never seen Maine on the list until today. Look at all those Arkansas earthquakes. Wonder if it is fracking, HAARP, or just Mother Earth. Hope everyone has their grab and go bags up to date. That weather hanging over the midwest is crazy. I am waiting to watch Blake Shelton's special for the victims of Ok tornado and they will be under a threat while they play the benefit. Must be scary out there in tornado alley. We are sooooooooooo lucky. Hope we stay that way.:)
OhioJeepGirl

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Interesting story on the news...
FBI investigated song ‘Louie Louie’ for 2 years
An accusation of obscenity against a rock & roll hit.
It was a citizen’s complaint that first called the FBI’s attention to “Louie Louie,” the rock & roll staple that was a hit for The Kingsmen back in 1963.
In a letter of Feb. 7, 1964, addressed to Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, an outraged parent (name withheld) exclaims,“My daughter brought home a record of ‘Louie Louie’ and I, after reading that the record had been banned from being played on the air because it was obscene, proceeded to try to decipher the jumble of words. The lyrics are so filthy that I can-not enclose them in this letter.”
So began a two-year investigation by the FBI, who to this day is involved in fighting obscenity. According to the FBI case file, The Kingmen’s record was sent to the FBI Laboratory for analysis to “determine its obscene character,” in part by playing the 45 rpm single at the slower speed of 33 1/3 rpm.
Page 14 of the report shares one listener’s determination of filthy lyrics, which is entertaining but can’t be shared on a nice family blog such as ours. However, the FBI apparently failed to contact Kingsmen singer Jack Ely, who committed the lyrics to tape. Neither did they ever reach Richard Berry, who wrote the original song in 1955.
Singing along to “Louie Louie” continues to be a major challenge for any cover band, due in large part to Ely’s slurred performance. The vocalist has explained that he was yelling to be heard over other instruments in the recording session, and also that he was wearing braces at the time, which contributed to his infamously incomprehensible delivery. But when the record was banned by the governor of Indiana on accusations of obscenity, the continued popularity of the song and the band was guaranteed.
The parent’s letter to AG Kennedy rants on:“This land of ours is headed for an extreme state of moral degradation what with this record, the biggest hit movies and the sex and violence exploited on T.V. How can we stamp out this menace????”
Ultimately, the FBI couldn’t determine what the lyrics were, but the agency never charged nor exonerated “Louie Louie” for obscenity. Check the actual song lyrics here, and let us know who really had the dirty mind.
Louie, Louie,
me gotta go.
Louie, Louie,
me gotta go.
A fine little girl, she wait for me;
me catch a ship across the sea.
I sailed the ship all alone;
I never think I’ll make it home
Three nights and days we sailed the sea;
me think of girl constantly.
On the ship, I dream she there;
I smell the rose, in her hair.
Me see Jamaica moon above;
It won’t be long me see me love.
Me take her in my arms and then
I tell her I never leave again.
Tip of the hat to Smithsonian.com for flagging this story.
http://living.msn.com/life-inspired/the-daily...
Louie Louie - The Kingsmen
Imagine what she would think of some of today's lyrics. lol A lot of them pure trash.
Cute! Yeah, I would love to read what she would have wrote today.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! I have to have my bacon, sausage, ham, and pork chops! I did try and do the whole vegi thing back in my 20s. I ended up hungry all the time until I broke down and ate some meat. I have no idea what caused me to think that I could survive without ever eating a good steak, a tender roast, turkey, and all of the other great meats.
I will NEVER be a vegetarian. I love my meat, especially pork.:) oh and STEAK, TURKEY, CHICKEN....hahaha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Worst Case EMP Scenario? Half Of U.S. Dead
The sun has kicked into high gear and produced four so-called X-class solar flares over the past week from a solar spot that is expected to come more into alignment with Earth as the sun’s activity peaks this year and next.
The intense solar storms are expected to last as long as until 2020.
Until now, the sun has remained relatively dormant, but with four X-class eruptions in one week, it is beginning to reach its “solar storm maximum” in this latest 11-year cycle of activity.
Scientists of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the Solar Dynamics Observatory say that the latest eruptions are the first X-class flares that the sun has produced in this cycle.
Of the four X-class flares, the first registered at X1.2, scientists said. It was the weakest, but as the week continued, more powerful flares registered at X3.2, which scientists say has been the strongest of the year.
The numbers assigned to the flares correlate to their strength. An X2, for example, is twice as intense as an X1, while an X3 is three times as intense.
The strongest flare recorded during the sun’s 11-year cycle was an X6.9. This occurred on August 9, 2011. The second strongest was an X5.4 on March 7, 2012.
The sun is going through Solar Cycle 24, which began in January 2008. So far during Solar Cycle 24 there have been 19 X-class solar flares, scientists say.
Along with the radiation from the flares, there also is a coronal mass ejection, or CME. During a CME, billions of tons of highly charged particles are ejected to interact with Earth’s magnetic field, causing radio blackouts and the shutdown or destruction of vulnerable electrical grid systems and sensitive electronic components.
The initial X-class flares came from the same active sunspot region, which scientists identify as AR-1748. They say it was away from the Earth, although it is possible that their effects could “just glance the Earth’s magnetic field.” As it was, it caused some radio blackout, scientists said.
While the flares spewing from this sunspot went off into space, the AR-1748 is rotating more in alignment with Earth, scientists say.
Scientists said that an increased number of solar flares are expected as the sun approaches its peak of high activity. The Space Weather Prediction Center said that upcoming solar activity is expected to be moderate, with a 50 percent probability of more X-class flares erupting in the weeks ahead.
Read the other half of the story here: http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2013/May28/2...
Maybe that theory of HAARP/Chemspraying acting like mirrors is a possibility, reflect them back out to space maybe and if it sacrifices a few to save many with the fallout from the spray, crazy weather, earthquakes etc to save most of the planet I guess we will just have to see huh? Guess it could happen. We probably have any potential EMP from terrorist under control, but outer space may be what they are working on. Stranger things have happened. haha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
The Colorado River, The High Plains Aquifer And The Entire Western Half Of The U.S. Are Rapidly Drying Up
What is life going to look like as our precious water resources
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/t...
I thought of you and Hope/Belie (wasn't it?) talking about the water shortages to come 2 years ago?

States dependent on Colorado River consider conservation effort
Officials from the seven states express a cautious willingness to join the U.S. in a complex, possibly contentious effort to save water as drought fears grow.

SAN DIEGO — Officials in the seven states that depend on the drought-beset Colorado River expressed a cautious willingness Tuesday to join the federal government in a complex, possibly contentious effort to step up conservation.

Read entire article:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-water...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

More severe weather to hit many parts of US after tornadoes, thunderstorms

Severe weather is set to batter many parts of the United States on Wednesday, forecasters warned, including parts of the Plains torn by twisters last week.

Violent storms brought heavy rain to the Chicago area Tuesday, and large tornadoes touched Kansas, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. One person fell victim to the bizarre weather after a fatal lightning strike in Florida.

New York City and western Long Island could be hit by heavy rain and high winds on Wednesday, the Weather Channel reported.

In the Plains, a severe thunderstorm and tornado outbreak is expected stretching across a wide swath from South Dakota to central Texas. The threat of twisters was highest from south-central and southeast Nebraska to western Oklahoma.

“The ingredients are coming together for a severe thunderstorm and tornado outbreak in the Plains Wednesday,” said Weather Channel meteorologist Kevin Roth.

Many parts of the Chicago metropolitan area were lashed by torrential rain, frequent lightning and high winds late Tuesday, NBCChicago.com reported.
On the west coast of Florida, a woman was killed by lightning strike while visiting Belleair Beach, police said. Phyllis Kalinowski, 50, from Brandon, Fla., was sightseeing with her friend Dawn Ryskoskis, 45, at 6 p.m. when she was caught in the storm and died of injuries consistent with a lightning strike, according to a statement from the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

In Chicago, a White Sox vs. Cubs game was canceled because of the rain and tornado warnings were issued for Grundy County and Will County in Illinois. There were also fears of flash flooding.

At least one home was destroyed and other buildings were damaged by a tornado in Nemaha County, north Kansas, late Tuesday, according to the Associated Press, while in Ottawa County a large tornado was reported around 5:30 p.m. local time in the area of Culver and Bennington, about 15 miles north of Salina, according to the Weather Channel.

The dark funnel of one of Kansas’ Tuesday evening tornadoes was captured in a video by the Salina Journal newspaper.

A tornado warning was issued for Erie County, Ohio, shortly before 8 p.m. Tuesday after a funnel cloud was sighted, weather.com said. The Erie County emergency management agency said one and possibly two tornadoes were reported, and one went through the Union City area.

In northwestern Pennsylvania, a tornado touched down and damaged some buildings and at least one mobile home, but no injuries were immediately reported, weather.com said.

More from weather.com

Damaging winds and hail were among the severe weather threats to Upstate New York and New England on Wednesday, Roth said, while some storms were also possible in the upper Mississippi Valley ahead of the outbreak.

The storms could be seen in clusters “from Detroit early in the day then over to Western New York, Pennsylvania, Albany NY, maybe New York City and parts of western Long Island along the warm front by the end of the day,” Weather Channel meteorologist Mark Thibodeau reported.

Wednesday’s storms in the Plains were expected to move slowly, Thibodeau said, hitting the Southern Plains and northern half of the Mississippi Valley on Thursday.

Roth said Thursday’s severe weather threat extends from Minnesota and Wisconsin southwest to central and eastern Oklahoma and west Arkansas with the tornado threat highest in eastern Kansas and central and eastern Oklahoma.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/29/18...

You can see the really good on that earthquake map I posted. Scary. Hoping and praying for the best outcome, especially those already hard hit.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Scary...

See ominous Kansas tornado

StormChasingVideo.com |Added on May 28, 2013

Officials say a tornado hit near Bennington, Kansas, destroying two homes, but causing no deaths.

http://www.cnn.com/video/...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Off to watch Blake Shelton's fundraising concert. Check back later.

Where is lala? These are for her..

Distraction: Big cats and boxes

When you give them some cardboard, they're just like house cats, but bigger.

http://www.cnn.com/video/...

Curious Cat Gets Stuck In Tissue Box
http://screen.yahoo.com/curious-cat-gets-stuc...
class of 90

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

This is the dumbest thread imaginable.
Satan Police

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

You people really don't have a life outside Topix.

Really really really sad.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Satan Police wrote:
You people really don't have a life outside Topix.
Really really really sad.
You're here too, duh! lmao
Wondering

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are lucky and AW is right about bodies of water attracting different birds. It's a chance to see different ones during different times of the year. They do know where water is.

There were plenty of Earthquakes the last few days. Might be aftershocks of the one in California as well as a few others across the globe. I will post.:)

Magnitude-4.6 Quake in Santa Barbara Channel Jolts Coast

The quake was about 12 miles west of Santa Barbara near Isla Vista
An earthquake with a magnitude of 4.6 Wednesday morning near Isla Vista, just west of Santa Barbara, and two aftershocks rattled the Southern California coast and a few inland areas.

Earthquake Page: Maps, Preparing

The off-shore quake was reported at 7:38 a.m. The location (map) was about three miles west of Isla Vista and 12 miles west of Santa Barbara in the Santa Barbara Channel.
The quake was initially reported with a magnitude of 4.9, but downgraded to magnitude-4.6.

NBC LA Facebook page visitors reported shaking in Oxnard, Granada Hills, Woodland Hills, Canyon Country and Santa Barbara.
"I could hear my entire spiral staircase rattling, and it woke me up," said Jen Marlow, of Oxnard Shores. "It lasted a pretty long time."

Two magnitude-2.6 aftershocks were reported within an hour of the initial shaking.

There were no reports of injuries or significant damage, according to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department. No tsunami warnings, advisories or watches are in effect

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Earth...
I've never seen this before. Today I haven't even had a humming bird to the feeder. Would that cause the birds to leave here?
OhioJeepGirl

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

@HOPE

Adding to my reply on this subject from yesterday…

I do agree with you that an invasion of Syria is highly unlikely, but avoiding a regional war is also very unlikely. What started out as a covert operation to cut off the middle man of the resistance club (Iran, Hezbollah, and Syria) in the Middle East has turned into a sectarian war that will not end anytime soon.

Backing Assad: Iran, Hezbollah, Lebanese Shiites, Iraqi Shiite groups, and the government of Iraq.
Backing the rebels: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Sunni groups from Lebanon, Sunni groups from Iraq.

Then of course we have the bigger powers like the U.S., Russia, France, and Britain, yet let’s get back to the sectarian issue. Ancient Shiite religious sites came under attack in both Syria and Iraq. The shrine of Ali and Fatima’s daughter, Sayyeda Zeinab, is a major site for the Shiite in Syria. The abuse of her shrine (and I think they took the body/skeleton) was one of the first reasons used by outside Shiite groups to get involved in Syria, to protect ancient religious sites. Next, in Iraq, the Sunnis attacked Ali’s shrine. Ali is the second most adored religious figure in Shia Islam after the Prophet Muhammad. Ali is considered the first great martyr and there is a great annual holiday festival, Ashura, in his remembrance where many Shiites flog themselves or worse. Both Sayyeda Zeinab and Hussein Ibn Ali are the grandchildren of the Prophet Muhammad. Now there are attacks on both Sunni and Shia peoples and places of worship in Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq.

When the revolution first broke out in Syria many Syrians were excited about it. Issues like religion were not a factor as all sought more freedom and political reform. Many of the educated middle class started peaceful unarmed protests and wanted to model their revolution after Egypt. The trouble started when the rebels came in from the poor rural population and started a massive campaign of revenge against those who lived a more privileged life. The rebels started a killing spree and claimed property as the spoils of war. Businesses were robbed down to the electrical wires and everything was taken to Turkey to be sold at a discount. Actions like these and others atrocities caused most of the peaceful activists to flee Syria as well. Now there is basically a slaughter on both sides.
OhioJeepGirl

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

@ HOPE

Part 2 and Last

With so much horror going on in civilian territories over six million people have been displaced. About 4.5 million are displaced internally and 1.5 million externally. There are one million refugees in Lebanon placing a huge burden on the system, including schools. With sectarian violence returning to Lebanon the million refugees are now at a greater risk. Since the bombings in Tripoli there have been large protests calling for the expulsion of the refugees and security is quickly becoming an issue.

If Russia sends the S-300 missiles then there is a good chance that Israel will make another strike. Another strike by Israel will give the resistance an excuse that it is hoping for, although I am not sure if they want it at this exact point in time. Of course any retaliation could give Israel the excuse it is looking for to carry out strategic strikes against Hezbollah as well. If Israel wanted to strike Hezbollah now would be the time to do it forcing Hezbollah to fight two wars on two borders. Israel has been doing state wide drills practicing for attacks that would hail down conventional and unconventional missiles. These drills were practiced during work and school hours as well as during evening hours when families would be at home. Hezbollah and Syria would like to at least gain the Golan Heights back from Israeli occupation.

Now if war breaks out with Hezbollah and Syria against Israel it would be a good time for Hamas in Gaza to make their own moves. This would force Israel to fight a war on three fronts. If chaos like this scenario becomes a reality I would suspect it would be a good time for many anti-Israel groups to stage attacks and bring the goliath down and capture Jerusalem, the third holiest site of all Islam. Actually, the possibility of capturing all of Jerusalem could stop the sectarian war in order to ban together against a common enemy actually uniting Muslims.

Today the United Nations Human Rights Commission passed a resolution against the violence in Syria. The 47 members passed the resolution 36-1 with eight abstentions and two absent. Guess who voted against the resolution? Venezuela. Russia called the resolution “one-sided” and, in my opinion, they are correct. The resolution banned the use of missiles and heavy weapons by the Syrian government and foreign fighters that are assisting the Syrian government. The United Nations pointed out that powerful states need to use their influence to put an end to the civil war instead of fanning the flames causing the situation to “spiral out of control” and spread through the region. It is interesting to note that the United Nations referred to the opposition as a belligerence. I am unaware of the international community raising the status of the opposition to belligerent; however, if they did then a whole slew of international laws come into play as both sides must conform to the rules of war or face consequences. Many foreign fighters on both sides can create a big international criminal mess that would be interesting to watch.
OhioJeepGirl

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that theory of HAARP/Chemspraying acting like mirrors is a possibility, reflect them back out to space maybe and if it sacrifices a few to save many with the fallout from the spray, crazy weather, earthquakes etc to save most of the planet I guess we will just have to see huh? Guess it could happen. We probably have any potential EMP from terrorist under control, but outer space may be what they are working on. Stranger things have happened. haha
Do not count the terrorists out yet. They are figuring out our soft spots. They would not carry out an EMP...Iran, North Korea, or Russia would have to pull that one off, even if it was done using a group on a ship in international waters.

I wish I could find the source where I read about HAARP and the ocean. I read it a few months ago and cannot remember what it said. I thought for sure I saved it for this thread. I will go look around some more and see if I can find it.
die

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

They die all the time

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,641 - 75,660 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••