Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
75,601 - 75,620 of 81,588 Comments Last updated 22 hrs ago
G1307293-10A95BV 5

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

look before u step wrote:
Government is a joke
Thank you for sharing your thoughts in a public forum. Agents of the government will be further monitoring your every move. Sleep well.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
nice to see you back on this thread...a lot of things have happened (and a lot didn't happen, thankfully) since we last had our discussions. Syria will not be invaded and there will be no WW III on account of the made up threats from Iran and North Korea...I'm curious to hear your take on all of this.
The Syria situation is one to watch. Everyone has their hands and nose in Syria. Hezbollah has sent a few thousand fighters to back Assad, which has stained their reputation amongst Muslims that back the opposition. Hezbollah’s presence in Syria is raising the risk of Lebanon being drawn into the conflict. There have been a few incidents in Lebanon already and some uprisings from Lebanese civilians concerning the spillover and refugee situation. Hezbollah and Iran will not back down from this one. As a matter a fact, Hezbollah is looking forward to troubles in the Golan Heights.

Russia is sending the S-300 anti-aircraft missiles. This will make a no fly zone extra fun and that is only if one could ever gain approval anyways. Russia is pretty firm that it will veto any action in Syria and it will be interesting to see how they (backers of the opposition) manage to interfere anyways. So far, interference has come from everyone but the U.S.(publicly speaking).

The rebels are currently in a losing battle. The rebels have been surrounded, mainly by Hezbollah fighters, in Qusaya and backup units have not been able to make it for whatever reason. Backup was sent and has never arrived. A main supply route for the rebels is cut off making their situation even more troubling. At the moment, rebels are mainly dying and Hezbollah has promised victory.

Syria does not need to be invaded for this war to go regional. It is hard to tell what will happen if it does blow into a regional conflict. Heck, everyone is already involved anyways.
sucka

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

we should keep giving arms to the so called rebels { alquida }

and let Russia give arms to Syria ,..

it a win win -

let Syria kill as many alquida fighters as they can ,..
as we pretend to back the rebels ,..
a dead ghehadist is a good ghehadist !

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Been a VERY long week. Not sure what else is going to go wrong.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Glad I did Mammoth Cave in my very younger days, you would not catch me going underground in the Madrid Fault Zone now that I have seen the earthquake reports since the birds fell dead. lol
Prehistoric Los Angeles: Earthquake Genesis
Network: Discovery
http://msnvideo.msn.com/...
Me too. I saw Mammoth Cave many years ago and they turned the lights out and that was the darkest dark I have ever experienced. But the one I found to be most questionable was Ruby Falls underground at Chattanooga. The guide said they did not know where the water came from or where it was going and my questions was "Then how do they know it isn't going to fill up"? I left quickly. LOL
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I pray it gets better for you.

(((hugs)))
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Good evening Wolf. (((Hugs)))

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that. I pray it gets better for you.
(((hugs)))
Thanks, it's not going to get better, but thanks.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Good evening Wolf.(((Hugs)))
Hi OJG.. good to see you posting
sucka

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

ghosts haunt the mammoth cave ,....
its true
I've seen it with mine own eyes

its true ,...
its down there all the time ,..
its scary
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I keep you in my thoughts. It's was good to hear that your son sat with your Dad the other day while you were working. It appears your plate is full of inedibles. Through your time of stress, I will say this hold on tight. When dwelling on my losses and trouble, it has always been the reflection of better times that have kept me going.
As always I send prayers for your strength and peace to be restored. Blessings.May love surround and comfort you from my hearth to yours:)

May you all have a pleasant night.It's cooler;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Ghosts don't bother me. I have lived close by and worked in a rather large cemetary well into the night hours and felt much safer there than I did in the local pool hall. LOL

Actually, I find the night time sights and sounds that bring back the memories of those gone on before me to be quite comforting.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Another restless night, I'm not afraid of the ghosts. I know as far as working in a geriatrics' center goes, you just wonder why one would linger. Had a mischievous one once. Turning on call lights. Around the same time I kept feeling a presence following me room to room . I believe, they come and go.
Odd sensation though. My body felt so differently quite like a dog with his ears perked up. Weird experience. I had a beloved aunt who swore that my deceased Grandmother had perched on the edge of her bed in conversation one night. She woke up with the vivid image and a warm spot on that very edge.
I do believe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Oh, I too believe there are ghosts or spirits or at least the memories that linger on. But I am not frightened of them. My deceased wife had a most unique walk and I can hear sounds similar to her walking and it comforts me to hear it since she was wheelchair bound for 2 years before she passed on.
its verdad

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

a true story
many years ago ,.. me and a friend were exploring the back woods and discovered an old abandoned farm house ,..
the yard was overgrown with years of shrub and thorn growth , the path was was nearly impassible to navigation
the front door was wide open ,..so we timidly ventured in ,...

the place dark and completely trashed ,...but in the dim light i could see that it was fully furnished ,..
most of the windows were broken ,.. the elements , animals and vandals had all taken their toll on the moldy contents
the prior residents must have been hoarders ,..as there were dozens of decaying cardboard boxes and stacks of 1940s era news papers stacked throughout the house ,..
the place was was loaded with antique furniture and paintings hung on the walls,
cloths were hanging in the closets and the kitchen was fully stocked with rotting food stuffs , the kitchen table was still set ,
it was very cool - but really creepy ,

daylight was fading and it was a long walk home ,so we decided to leave ,..
walking through the crowded living room, we made our way toward the front door,..
when we were both stopped cold in our tracks ,..

the front porch was illuminated by the glow of a single unshaded dim yellow light bulb,..

in the haze ,...i saw an elderly couple, the old man and woman ,sitting shoulder to shoulder in a loving embrace ,..slowly rocking back and fourth on the swaying wicker glider chair ,..

without saying a word , we both turned tail and ran for the back door as quick as we could ,...
i dont think we stopped running for at three miles ,.. finally stopping from shear exhaustion ,..

23 years latter, i drove back there , after the county put a new road through the area ,. the house was long gone ,..but i still got a major case of the creeps ,..i couldn't even get out of the car ,... and quickly got the hell out of there
big dog

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

It's raining frogs again!
oh baby

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Ribbitt
yoccemidy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

It's bird flu
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

warts?
justaGI

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

its raining B.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville