Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#89673 May 27, 2013
Good evening, my dear friends. Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. It is a time to pause and think of our fallen soldiers, and to rejoice with those who came home alive.
Been busy with the small garden we planted. I need to give the barn a good sweeping and vacuuming the dust. Horses have been out in the field so the barn fell by the wayside. Waiting for the arrival of my new riding pal. The trainer is evaluating horses that would suit my needs, given my age and physical abilities. My mare and our little guy's pony are pasture ornaments, and they will be happy to see a new arrival. Horses are herd animals, and feel most comfortable with other horses nearby.

I still have my bird problem Don't get me wrong; I love the creatures, but there are really too many. They swoop by the windows constantly, leaving their bird deposits for me to clean. They raid the dog kibble and don't even want to share with the dogs. Several perch on my window sill and peck away, wanting to come in. I'm not kidding. It's starting to get spooky around here. They are scared of NOTHING. They are eating my newly sprouted garden. We put out artificial snakes to scare them, but they completely ignore them. Does anyone have suggestions? Has anyone experienced anything like this? I have always lived in the country, even when I was up north, and I have NEVER had a bird problem like this. I am being overrun. I have no idea what is attracting them to this spot, but they will line upon the deck rails and don't even move if you open the door. They are quite comfortable and at ease here, and seem to have no plans to move in the near future.

Location hidden

#89674 May 27, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant around lala's area?
I heard about that. So,so sad. We live in a violent world. I fear for the little children growing up. Bardstown is about an hour from my farm in Marion County. I used to work at Flaget Hospital and consult with all of the area nursing homes, so I know the area well.
Officially, I live in Lebanon, but not in the town proper. It takes about 20 minutes to get to town from my farm. It's about 40 min. from the center of Lebanon to where the policeman was shot.
So true

United States

#89675 May 27, 2013
So glad you r all well.. I shed a tear for you today, just as I do everyday, since you went away. I long just once to feel your hand and know your feelin my heart, put that's not easy once your apart. Though time may drag on and on, I know someday we will both be home, and once again. Ill find you smiling , with open arms to reach for me.. Love to all
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89676 May 27, 2013
Two reasons birds like yards for food and the trees. They need places for nesting and like the grubs and the fruit from one's fruit trees. Several outdoor cats preferably wild, large ones and noise deter them. They don't like loud sounds . Maybe a recording of birds of prey might deter them. Just sit the boobox in an opeb window or on the porch if you have one.
Good evening to all. I have many warm memories to delight my heart. I know, my loved ones wouldn't want me weeping for them. The Creator knows I shed a many when the departed from this realm.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89677 May 27, 2013
Happy Memorial Day.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89678 May 27, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Happy Memorial Day.
Happy one to you as well,Roaming. I wish you well with your Loved Ones as well as you. Take care,Dear and try for a pleasant night. It's lovely.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89679 May 27, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Happy one to you as well,Roaming. I wish you well with your Loved Ones as well as you. Take care,Dear and try for a pleasant night. It's lovely.
Thank you and the same to you and yours.

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#89680 May 27, 2013
Happy Memorial Day to All! Bittersweet for me. One friend with TBI from Nam but we didn't call it that back then. First was "shell-shocked" but that was from WWII so they invented "Thousand Yard Stare" just for us.

Saw on FB something I can't forget. "Land of the Free, BECAUSE of the Brave" Too many have died and now Obama says terrorism is over. I hope our troops in Afghanistan and [still] Iraq and Libya, Yemen and six other African nations get all the support they need.

Obama just needs to slink away in shame but that won't happen, he has none.

But, today is not for him. It's for our Heroes, the dead and the living! My flag is flying high!

Location hidden

#89681 May 27, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
Happy Memorial Day to All! Bittersweet for me. One friend with TBI from Nam but we didn't call it that back then. First was "shell-shocked" but that was from WWII so they invented "Thousand Yard Stare" just for us.
Saw on FB something I can't forget. "Land of the Free, BECAUSE of the Brave" Too many have died and now Obama says terrorism is over. I hope our troops in Afghanistan and [still] Iraq and Libya, Yemen and six other African nations get all the support they need.
Obama just needs to slink away in shame but that won't happen, he has none.
But, today is not for him. It's for our Heroes, the dead and the living! My flag is flying high!
I couldn't agree more. You have eloquently stated the facts as I perceive them.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89682 May 27, 2013
Hello birdthreaders. I hope you had a memorable Memorial Weekend. I did. I have been on the go since Thursday night. Thankful for the wonderful weather we were blessed with. Made all the BBQs, fun, family, and friends more enjoyable. Thankful it was great today for the moving ceremony at the Veteran's Cemetery. My Dad, Mom, and many friends are resting in peace. It was a beautiful site with all the flags, like the wreaths at Christmas. It is so sad how fast it is filling up and they estimate 500 more will be laid to rest before years end. It is so appropriate sitting right outside the gates of Fort Knox. Or course it was Knox that donated the land. Here's a glimpse, I hope betty and her hubby made it.

From Louisville's WAVE3:

http://www.wave3.com/story/22430668/veterans-...

THANK YOU to all the Veterans for my FREEDOM. GOD BLESS those that made the ultimate sacrifices. May they RIP.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89683 May 27, 2013
Hey Blue and Imposter. Hope you had a great weekend. :)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89684 May 27, 2013
Wow, check out the picture...

Mother Nature gets drunk at BBQ, drops 3 feet of snow on upstate NY

Ah, Memorial Day: barbecues, beach trips and Ö frolicking in the snow? We usually think of the holiday as the unofficial start of summer, but a weekend storm deposited 3 feet of snow on upstate New York's Whiteface Mountain, near Vermont. The unseasonable snowfall, which began Saturday and continued until late Sunday, prompted the closure of the popular ski slope's Veteran's Memorial Highway. The storm also coated Mount Mansfield in Stowe, Vt., with more than a foot of snow ó the latest in the season that's ever happened. Itís really not a big deal, if you think about it: Snow cones totally go with burgers and dogs.

http://now.msn.com/memorial-day-weekend-snow-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89685 May 27, 2013
Check this picture out..

Parents of cancer survivor believe image in photo is Virgin Mary

Last November, Erin Potter had quite a thrill when she was name-checked by President Obama during a speech on health care reform. Potter was 3 in 2007 when her leukemia was diagnosed, and she has been fighting the disease since then. Now the Kirtland, Ohio, resident has another reason to gulp in astonishment. After discovering that her cancer was back, a friend photographed her running with sparklers. Her mother, Jen, saw something unusual in the image. "It's Mary, they hear us, she's there," recalled mom, who thinks the translucent red figure behind her daughter is the Virgin Mary.

Shortly after the photo was taken, Erin had a second bone marrow transplant, and is now cancer-free. "People who don't want to believe it, that's OK," said her dad, Kevin. "Whatever happened, you know something powerful and special was there with us."

http://now.msn.com/cancer-survivor-erin-potte...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89686 May 27, 2013
Check out the MADRID FAULT ZONE..and Oklahoma?

Oklahoma
Magnitude: 3.1

Arkansas 3 total
Magnitude: 2.0

Alaska
Magnitude: 4.5

lots of small ones in California. Washington too.

Elsewhere:

Panama
Magnitude: 5.6

Russia
Magnitude: 5.5

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89687 May 27, 2013
Well off to dreamland. Hope you have a great week.

For lala, Una would've liked the ducks. lol

Loving Momma Cat Adopts Abandoned Ducklings

When a loving mother cat found an abandoned group of fuzzy ducklings, she did the only thing she knew how to do: love! She instantly adopted them and now protects them, thinking they are her real kittens. This is so cute!

http://www.godvine.com/Loving-Momma-Cat-Adopt...

Goodnight my bird threader friends.:)
HAARP

Logan, WV

#89688 May 27, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Check out the MADRID FAULT ZONE..and Oklahoma?
Oklahoma
Magnitude: 3.1
Arkansas 3 total
Magnitude: 2.0
Alaska
Magnitude: 4.5
lots of small ones in California. Washington too.
Elsewhere:
Panama
Magnitude: 5.6
Russia
Magnitude: 5.5
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php
...can create tornadoes and earthquakes
The Borax Conspiracy

Logan, WV

#89689 May 27, 2013
The supressed natural cure for arthritis
http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.ht...
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89690 May 27, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Hello birdthreaders. I hope you had a memorable Memorial Weekend. I did. I have been on the go since Thursday night. Thankful for the wonderful weather we were blessed with. Made all the BBQs, fun, family, and friends more enjoyable. Thankful it was great today for the moving ceremony at the Veteran's Cemetery. My Dad, Mom, and many friends are resting in peace. It was a beautiful site with all the flags, like the wreaths at Christmas. It is so sad how fast it is filling up and they estimate 500 more will be laid to rest before years end. It is so appropriate sitting right outside the gates of Fort Knox. Or course it was Knox that donated the land. Here's a glimpse, I hope betty and her hubby made it.
From Louisville's WAVE3:
http://www.wave3.com/story/22430668/veterans-...
THANK YOU to all the Veterans for my FREEDOM. GOD BLESS those that made the ultimate sacrifices. May they RIP.
lol........ would have traded time at a BBQ and memorial at the cemetery for the day i had in a heart beat. did stop at a car lot handing out hot dogs so i cant say i didn't score a free meal. was not a bad day after all i suppose, but still would have picked a BBQ and time with family had i been given a choice, poop duty is apparently less fun then normal when you know your soon to be unemployed hubby is chatting it up with the family and forgetting to pack you a plate. go figure lol. but im not bitter! oh no...not me...never.:)
but once again....my mom has come to the rescue and packed me a plate i just have to go get it tomorrow....love her.

moral of the story: hubby gets to live another day (yep...totally irrational) and i should learn to just calm it down a little before my eye twitches its self out of socket and not get so upset about such dumbness..... but there were a couple hours mid day that i was chanting in my head "its not worth the jail time....not worth it at all"
about the time i stopped off for the hotdog i stopped seeing red so im just going to blame it on the empty stomach. really i am thankful i have the time to worry over the trivial things. could have it so much worse.

hope everyone had a great memorial day.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89691 May 28, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

@ Betty, they just don't think sometimes. I hope, you realize I have one who loves me to pieces that acts the same way. But it resolves itself. Enjoy the video;) When I get pertrubed and hurt and, just can't understand...These songs liven my butt up;)

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89692 May 28, 2013
Hope you all have a good day. Dad is still in the hospital. Not sure if they will let him go home. I have to work today, so my son is staying with him. I am exhausted, but life goes on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need food badly 8 min Help 27
Porsche mills 26 min Hoho 20
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min Historicallyspeaking 131,860
Knox Central 28 min Hoho 3
barbourville teen: snake in the grass 34 min Local Guy 1
Where is Nick Mandel? 6 hr Momof4 1
missing pit bull 7 hr Worried 6
city of barbourville 12 hr Three losers 15
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info