Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
75,481 - 75,500 of 81,562 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

It's been a rough couple of days. My daddy is really sick, pneumonia in both lungs, and is in the hospital. I would appreciate prayers and good wishes for him.
Thank you all.
gus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Prayers and thoughts!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

@ Roaming, Blessings to your Dad that he make a speedy recovery. May he get well soon for your Mom and you. I will keep him in my thoughts.

Another restless night here. The cooler temperatures and wind feel nice. Hopefully, the rain slows down a bit. Can't have too much of a good thing;)though. I've love stormy weather since I was a little girl; it once helped me sleep at night, pinging on our old tin roof.
Pleasant night to All.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Hope your Dad gets better and comes home soon.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Many thanks!
Eric

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It's been a rough couple of days. My daddy is really sick, pneumonia in both lungs, and is in the hospital. I would appreciate prayers and good wishes for him.
Thank you all.
im praying for him and you, hang in there
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Prayers for Roamings Dad. Hope he recovers soon.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Hope everyone is enjoying this mild weather. So pleasant outside. Came home to make a dish for a cookout tonight to start the long weekend. Tomorrow with the family and Monday with some family and friends after we visit the Veteran's Cemetery. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Prayers for all those hurting from the tornados, bridge collapse, earthquakes and extreme weather. As well as all those missing their fallen Vets.

Check this wonderful tribute to them:

Patriotic Light Display Honors Our Fallen Soldiers - A Memorial Day Tribute!

As a tribute to our nations 1.3 million fallen soldiers, one family put together an amazing patriotic light display set to "Proud to Be an American." Watch this AWESOME display and try not to cry when you hear the song start playing.

Soldiers, thank you for your sacrifice - it will never be forgotten!

http://www.godvine.com/Patriotic-Light-Displa...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Happy news among the devastation:

Dog Buried in Tornado Rubble for 2 Days is Miraculously Found Alive

Little Phoenix was stranded from her family and stuck under rubble for 2 days. Rescue workers searched the remains of the house and couldn't find her... but when she heard her mommy's voice calling out to her this little dog made an appearance - a heartwarming reunion.

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Buried-in-Tornado-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

For UNA, may he rest in peace. Topix hasn't been the same without him.

Police Officer's Compassion for God's Creation Will Inspire You

While pursuing a traffic violator, this Portland police officer stopped to do something incredibly important: he helped a family of ducks cross a busy road! His compassion for these adorable creatures of the Lord is so heartwarming.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Police-Officer-s-Compa...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Blind puppy Ray Charles doesn't play piano, but he sure is cute in PJs

This puppy may not be a musical genius, but he does share one thing in common with his namesake, Ray Charles: Hes blind. The golden retriever was born without sight, something the breeder found out after a trip to the vet. Other than his lack of vision, sweet baby Ray is as fit as can be.

He's also perfectly capable of achieving breathtaking levels of cuteness, a factor that scored him a loving home (and a popular Facebook page). Who could resist this guy? Just look at him in his jammies! Look at him playing in the snow! Look at him sleeping! We just can't get enough of this loveable pooch.

http://now.msn.com/ray-charles-blind-puppy-is...

He is adorable.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

'Cub cam' lets us peek in at polar bear bonding with her baby

And for your daily dose of cuteness, we bring you this incredible, up-close-and-personal spycam video of a mama polar bear and her itty-bitty cub. Animal minders at Sea World on the Gold Coast in Australia have totally hooked us up, rigging this polar bear den with six cameras to record every heart-melting moment of mother-baby bonding going on between Liya and her new bundle of joy. Born on May 9, the little darling is growing fast, already nearly double its 1.3-pound birth weight. Sea World visitors get to watch the cub-cam footage in real time, but for those of us on the other side of the world, little snippets like this will have to do.

http://now.msn.com/polar-bear-cub-at-sea-worl...

Love the cams they set up to let us peek into GOD's creatures lives.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

For the BIRDS:

Peregrine falcons banded at new home

NEW ALBANY, IN (WAVE)- A few baby peregrine falcons have a new home in a power plant stack.
SLIDESHOW: Peregrine falcons placed in new home
Duke Energy and Indiana DNR officials teamed up at Gallagher Station in New Albany to band baby peregrine falcons.

Duke Energy and Indiana DNR officials teamed up at Gallagher Station on Wednesday to band the baby birds.

DNR officials said they use the bands to learn about the birds' history and longevity while keeping track of them. Officials hope the birds will use the nesting box for years to come.
Peregrine falcons can live to be 19 years old and are one of the fastest creatures on earth, having been clocked at more than 200 miles per hour.

http://www.wave3.com/story/22400507/peregrine...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Weekend and stay safe.

GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY AND THEIR FAMILIES!

Off to have some fun!!!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

It's been a terrible few days. Unfortunately, dad isn't getting better. Mom won't be able to handle him alone at home. We are looking into Home Health Nurses.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It's been a terrible few days. Unfortunately, dad isn't getting better. Mom won't be able to handle him alone at home. We are looking into Home Health Nurses.
I am sad to hear your news. Hopefully, your mom will be able to have the home health nurses assist her. They often can help tremendously. I will keep him,your mom and you as well in my thoughts. I do hope you get that assistance. Bless you three.
They call me URL

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Bird is the word.
uniform resource locator

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

what he said.
krystal clear

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

-
m- chucka muoo mow-mow ,........
chucka muu muoo mow- mow -mow ,........
wondering

Booneville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

I think I need a drink!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 147,068
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 9 min Beelzebub 20
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min aWitchintheWoods 129,003
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 41 min blind one 10
New club in Barbourville? 48 min Angel 11
Please Ladies answer this question for me 51 min meanpplsuk 4
The Audit 1 hr I Believe 23
john sowders 1 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000