Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
75,481 - 75,500 of 81,595 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#89592 May 24, 2013
Hope your Dad gets better and comes home soon.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89593 May 24, 2013
Many thanks!
Eric

Bellevue, WA

#89595 May 24, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It's been a rough couple of days. My daddy is really sick, pneumonia in both lungs, and is in the hospital. I would appreciate prayers and good wishes for him.
Thank you all.
im praying for him and you, hang in there
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89597 May 24, 2013
Prayers for Roamings Dad. Hope he recovers soon.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89598 May 24, 2013
Hope everyone is enjoying this mild weather. So pleasant outside. Came home to make a dish for a cookout tonight to start the long weekend. Tomorrow with the family and Monday with some family and friends after we visit the Veteran's Cemetery. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Prayers for all those hurting from the tornados, bridge collapse, earthquakes and extreme weather. As well as all those missing their fallen Vets.

Check this wonderful tribute to them:

Patriotic Light Display Honors Our Fallen Soldiers - A Memorial Day Tribute!

As a tribute to our nations 1.3 million fallen soldiers, one family put together an amazing patriotic light display set to "Proud to Be an American." Watch this AWESOME display and try not to cry when you hear the song start playing.

Soldiers, thank you for your sacrifice - it will never be forgotten!

http://www.godvine.com/Patriotic-Light-Displa...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89600 May 24, 2013
Happy news among the devastation:

Dog Buried in Tornado Rubble for 2 Days is Miraculously Found Alive

Little Phoenix was stranded from her family and stuck under rubble for 2 days. Rescue workers searched the remains of the house and couldn't find her... but when she heard her mommy's voice calling out to her this little dog made an appearance - a heartwarming reunion.

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Buried-in-Tornado-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89601 May 24, 2013
For UNA, may he rest in peace. Topix hasn't been the same without him.

Police Officer's Compassion for God's Creation Will Inspire You

While pursuing a traffic violator, this Portland police officer stopped to do something incredibly important: he helped a family of ducks cross a busy road! His compassion for these adorable creatures of the Lord is so heartwarming.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Police-Officer-s-Compa...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89602 May 24, 2013
Blind puppy Ray Charles doesn't play piano, but he sure is cute in PJs

This puppy may not be a musical genius, but he does share one thing in common with his namesake, Ray Charles: Hes blind. The golden retriever was born without sight, something the breeder found out after a trip to the vet. Other than his lack of vision, sweet baby Ray is as fit as can be.

He's also perfectly capable of achieving breathtaking levels of cuteness, a factor that scored him a loving home (and a popular Facebook page). Who could resist this guy? Just look at him in his jammies! Look at him playing in the snow! Look at him sleeping! We just can't get enough of this loveable pooch.

http://now.msn.com/ray-charles-blind-puppy-is...

He is adorable.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89604 May 24, 2013
'Cub cam' lets us peek in at polar bear bonding with her baby

And for your daily dose of cuteness, we bring you this incredible, up-close-and-personal spycam video of a mama polar bear and her itty-bitty cub. Animal minders at Sea World on the Gold Coast in Australia have totally hooked us up, rigging this polar bear den with six cameras to record every heart-melting moment of mother-baby bonding going on between Liya and her new bundle of joy. Born on May 9, the little darling is growing fast, already nearly double its 1.3-pound birth weight. Sea World visitors get to watch the cub-cam footage in real time, but for those of us on the other side of the world, little snippets like this will have to do.

http://now.msn.com/polar-bear-cub-at-sea-worl...

Love the cams they set up to let us peek into GOD's creatures lives.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89605 May 24, 2013
For the BIRDS:

Peregrine falcons banded at new home

NEW ALBANY, IN (WAVE)- A few baby peregrine falcons have a new home in a power plant stack.
SLIDESHOW: Peregrine falcons placed in new home
Duke Energy and Indiana DNR officials teamed up at Gallagher Station in New Albany to band baby peregrine falcons.

Duke Energy and Indiana DNR officials teamed up at Gallagher Station on Wednesday to band the baby birds.

DNR officials said they use the bands to learn about the birds' history and longevity while keeping track of them. Officials hope the birds will use the nesting box for years to come.
Peregrine falcons can live to be 19 years old and are one of the fastest creatures on earth, having been clocked at more than 200 miles per hour.

http://www.wave3.com/story/22400507/peregrine...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89606 May 24, 2013
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Weekend and stay safe.

GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY AND THEIR FAMILIES!

Off to have some fun!!!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89607 May 24, 2013
It's been a terrible few days. Unfortunately, dad isn't getting better. Mom won't be able to handle him alone at home. We are looking into Home Health Nurses.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89608 May 24, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It's been a terrible few days. Unfortunately, dad isn't getting better. Mom won't be able to handle him alone at home. We are looking into Home Health Nurses.
I am sad to hear your news. Hopefully, your mom will be able to have the home health nurses assist her. They often can help tremendously. I will keep him,your mom and you as well in my thoughts. I do hope you get that assistance. Bless you three.
They call me URL

London, KY

#89609 May 24, 2013
Bird is the word.
uniform resource locator

London, KY

#89610 May 24, 2013
what he said.
krystal clear

AOL

#89611 May 24, 2013
-
m- chucka muoo mow-mow ,........
chucka muu muoo mow- mow -mow ,........
wondering

Booneville, KY

#89612 May 25, 2013
I think I need a drink!
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#89613 May 25, 2013
russia and chilli off skillz slice
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#89614 May 25, 2013
california has a panda cam ,
cctv dont have legally ha
Anne

United States

#89615 May 25, 2013
Good Morning, birders!! Oh, it's going to be a beautiful day ! Love it! I've been slowly getting the little chicken coop set up and now have 5 "Easter egg" hens and plan to go to a hatchery to pick up a few more. Grand kids love collecting the eggs. They taste soooo much better than store bought eggs! I hope to be on here more but have had computer problems recently.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 20 min Fact 1,339
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min spaceship 130,501
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min Le Jimbo 151,160
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 45 min Brenda 10
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 46 min Girl 40
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 1 hr Parent 3
New club in Barbourville? 3 hr Tyler 45
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••