Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Revnu

Antioch, TN

#89464 May 17, 2013
The more of those blackbirds gone, the better.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89465 May 17, 2013
Well, here comes the rain! Glad I got the lawn done for the most part. Durn head cold is killing me though. I have NO clue where it came from, but I wish it would go away!
Wadejen82

Duluth, GA

#89466 May 17, 2013
Could it be Paradise coal? That coal burn off has been around for many years now.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89467 May 17, 2013
It could be a lot of things that kill the birds. We may never really know.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#89469 May 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Two older men repaired siding on an old lady's house yesterday and she fixed us a really great chicken pot pie for our pay. The best part is that the IRS don't get any of it. LOL
How can I NOT stay active? Too many people need me to stop and the CREATOR lets me keep going for now. If the rains hold off, I will be mowing again today. I had planned to mow yesterday until I found out that the old lady needed help.
We helped a lady out for years after years, she and her sisters and
in-laws stuck us with 30,000 dollars.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#89470 May 17, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It could be a lot of things that kill the birds. We may never really know.
Just don't watch the poor birds die. Speak up!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89471 May 17, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't watch the poor birds die. Speak up!
I, personally haven't seen anything, but who should I speak TO exactly?
lol

United States

#89472 May 17, 2013
Yuck
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89473 May 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Two older men repaired siding on an old lady's house yesterday and she fixed us a really great chicken pot pie for our pay. The best part is that the IRS don't get any of it. LOL
How can I NOT stay active? Too many people need me to stop and the CREATOR lets me keep going for now. If the rains hold off, I will be mowing again today. I had planned to mow yesterday until I found out that the old lady needed help.
You are not that old AW, and I hope you don't think I was implying you were. I am just not at the stay at home stage you are and you are not that far ahead of me. I know you are a good looking man and with that stetson hat those ladies couldn't resist you either. Any one of them would be lucky to have time with you. You know how your email fan club feels about you. Right, lala?

Bet that pot pie was better than KFC could offer. Hope you got to mow today before the rain set in. It has just sprinkled here off and on.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89474 May 17, 2013
Speaking of KFC, did you all see this on the news..haha

KFC smuggled through tunnels to Gaza 'dream come true'

In a testament to the Colonel's power, a fast food smuggling service sneaks KFC all the way from Egypt to the Gaza Strip for customers who pay triple the price just to get their hands on those secret herbs and spices. The 35-mile long journey through underground tunnels takes three hours from the Al-Arish KFC to Gaza and the company who supplies this vital service advertises, naturally, on Facebook. "It has been a dream, and this company has made my dream come true," said happy customer Rafat Shororo, an accountant who had tasted KFC in Egypt six long years ago and lusted for it ever since.

http://now.msn.com/kfc-smuggled-through-under...

News video is great, this is what was on the news:

KFC smugglers deliver fast food the hard way

KFC meals are being ordered from Egypt and delivered via smuggling tunnels to the besieged Gaza Strip. Lily Grimes reports.

http://money.msn.com/money-video...

That is too funny.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89475 May 17, 2013
In honor of graduations everywhere...this is just too precious...

This pic of a service dog getting his just rewards will make your day

We have that warm and fuzzy feeling inside that must mean we've just spent too much time staring at an adorable picture of a dog. Meet Hero, a service dog who graduated with a master's degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign over the weekend. After an onlooker posted a photo of Hero and his co-graduate on reddit, Hero's owner posted another photo, introducing the world to her trusty companion. And according to her, Hero was way into the whole graduating thing (especially the cap and gown). "He loved it! He was like a celebrity! I think he realized it was a special day!" the woman commented, adding, "I couldn't have gone to college without him."
http://now.msn.com/hero-a-service-dog-graduat...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89476 May 17, 2013
This is disgusting and that daughter should be ashamed. What is wrong with people? Dang, the courts should protect them, I don't care if it was past the statue of 4 years limitation. He is a WWII Veteran and he built the house. It's his.

91-Year-Old Man Raises Money to Prevent Eviction by Daughter

A 91-year-old man wants to stop his daughter from evicting him from the home he built 56 years ago in Zaleski, Ohio, a small community south of Columbus.

In 2004, John Potter and his wife, who has since died, gave the general power of attorney to his daughter for future matters if they declined in health, including to take care of her autistic adult brother, now 63.

But unbeknownst to Potter, his daughter Janice Cottrill eventually used that power to convey the deed to the one-story home to herself. In 2010, Potter said he learned of the deed transfer and switched power of attorney to his granddaughter, Jaclyn Fraley, now 35.

Potter, a World War II veteran and retired train dispatcher for the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, sued to get the home back, arguing that his daughter had transferred the deed to herself illegally because those with the power of attorney are not permitted to transfer assets to themselves from the estate they oversee.

To read entire article...with kleenex of course...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/91-year-ohio-m...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89477 May 17, 2013
betty wrote:
my peas have little white flowers on them now...... right on schedule (i think) and i think i should be harvesting in another two or three weeks..... beans are about a week behind thanks to the late frosting we had but they are getting there... and coming back stronger than they were.
hubby registered for his summer and fall classes:
math 110 and keyboarding this summer, then in he fall he is taking another keyboarding, intro to something (idk), writing 101, and war of the worlds.... he is really excited about that last one lol. if they gave out credit hours based on much much your nelson box says you watch the military channel and history channel.... he would have a degree by now.
very proud of him :)
And you should be, kudos to him. You guys should go to Hooray for Heroes tomorrow and let him get honored and grab all those freebies they give out. It is still by the church you lived close too and WalMart. Hope it doesn't rain.

Nielson box...hahahaha

Have a great evening.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89478 May 17, 2013
For BIRDS:

Resource Project
~ Videos of the Decorah Eagles ~

http://youtu.be/ImznzmLW6hw
Decorah Eagles, 2013-05-13 , 6.00am, Butterfly, head bonk, fresh fish. A little wingercizing, a little stick placement, a lot of flying in and out, and fish for breakfast.

http://youtu.be/KWUAsVSyONA
Decorah Eagles, 2013-05-13 , 5.00pm, Junior construction worker. The eaglets are getting ready for life outside the nest with a litte wingercizing, a little hopping, a little preening, and some construction work. Supper is served at around 6 minutes, with the whole family getting together for a meal.

I love the contrast between their beautiful feathered wings and stumpy little bodies and tails. Gary Bortolotti noted that eagles don't grow evenly - some parts reach full size before others, as a few shots in this video make very clear.

http://youtu.be/4X1lPEMPOyU
Decorah Eagles, 2013-05-14 , 5.00pm, Oriole, dropped stick, busy eagleport. The whole family is in the nest, along with a oriole perching on a stick at the left side of the nest. Everyone eats. The scene changes. The wind is really blowing, but it doesn't appear to worry the family at all. The scene changes again and the wind dies down.

In between bouts of eaglet activity, the eaglets spend time standing, preening, and watching. At 7:04, Mom flies in with a big stick, which she drops. The next few minutes are filled with fly-ins and outs and, at 9:25, a little nest-arranging.

I've talked before about my belief that animals and people share some emotions, but have others they don't share. I wonder how it feels when the urge to fly begins to scratch?

http://youtu.be/ubP2CioADb4
Decorah Eagles, 2013-05-13 , 11.00am, Exercising
The eaglets are wingercizing! We see flapping and some small hops. A parent comes into feed, which only takes a few minutes. The eaglets seem more interested in flapping than anything else. We see one of the other nest tenants when a little bird flies in at 3:08. A brief hop - or are my eyes tricking me?- happens at 4:20. At 6:12, we see an eaglet stand up very tall. We get frantic flapping at around 7:30.

They will be gone soon. They grow so fast. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89479 May 17, 2013
13 funny photos of people who don't care what you think

Ever get to a point in life where you just don't give a sh*t anymore? These people certainly have. These liberated folks know it's tough to keep up with appearances all the time and have responded by not even trying. When presented with any "Should I..." question (ex: "Should I get dressed before I go to Starbucks?" "Should I wait to read Playboy?" "Should I put a shirt on before I leave the house?" etc.), they always know the answer: "Bah, screw it." And to be honest, while their actions may not be admirable, we kind of love their attitude. Scroll through the pics above for more funny examples of people who don't care what you think.

http://now.msn.com/people-who-couldnt-care-le...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89480 May 17, 2013
for lala:

Cat Mimics Girl, Baby Snuggles Kitten

Josh, Sam and Lara share cute cat videos from the Internet.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/cat-mimics-gi...

There are several cute one on there.

I am off to work. Volunteered to work my day off, but it is only for 5 hours. Off tomorrow. Wish I could stay home and take a nap. That rain that is starting to come down more steady makes me want to go sleep listening to it. lol

Hope you all have a great evening.:)
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#89481 May 17, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not that old AW, and I hope you don't think I was implying you were. I am just not at the stay at home stage you are and you are not that far ahead of me. I know you are a good looking man and with that stetson hat those ladies couldn't resist you either. Any one of them would be lucky to have time with you. You know how your email fan club feels about you. Right, lala?
Bet that pot pie was better than KFC could offer. Hope you got to mow today before the rain set in. It has just sprinkled here off and on.
I am not a stay at home person except when I want to be. I get out several times each week. I just find much satisfaction in getting out and helping others that need things from time to time. Especially things that I can do and they cannot. I have just been to all the parties that I would ever need and prefer one-on-one time over group situations.

No rain here at all and I got the grass mowed.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89482 May 17, 2013
Been raining here off and on all day. Got most of the yard push mowed before my back went out. Will be getting more rain later.
Stay dry!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89483 May 17, 2013
Got the lawn cut. My neighbor weedeated. Wouldn't accept pay. Said the Lord would bless him. Well, Partner and I will make it up to him soon. I really hope he know I appreciate the kindness and thoughtfulness of his help.
@ AW glad you got your cutting finished as well. Cloudy evening. Your homemade pot pie sounds scrumptious. Your Ladies apparently appreciate you as well;) It's nice to hear that your chicks have been hatching. Those eggs can get expensive. I spend around $25 a month or more on brown, organic eggs. Good luck on your little hatchlings :)
My thoughts are with those without homes in Texas and the six families of those who lost their lives. May peace and love surround you.
@ AB, I agree about the Gentleman, a veteran and retired, whose daughter has taken his home. After being employed at a convalescent center, nothing is unbelievable to me. Where did respect, dignity and human kindness go? I loved my patients dearly. But to do this to one's Daddy is vile.
Pleasant evening to All.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#89484 May 17, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Got the lawn cut. My neighbor weedeated. Wouldn't accept pay. Said the Lord would bless him. Well, Partner and I will make it up to him soon. I really hope he know I appreciate the kindness and thoughtfulness of his help.
@ AW glad you got your cutting finished as well. Cloudy evening. Your homemade pot pie sounds scrumptious. Your Ladies apparently appreciate you as well;) It's nice to hear that your chicks have been hatching. Those eggs can get expensive. I spend around $25 a month or more on brown, organic eggs. Good luck on your little hatchlings :)
My thoughts are with those without homes in Texas and the six families of those who lost their lives. May peace and love surround you.
@ AB, I agree about the Gentleman, a veteran and retired, whose daughter has taken his home. After being employed at a convalescent center, nothing is unbelievable to me. Where did respect, dignity and human kindness go? I loved my patients dearly. But to do this to one's Daddy is vile.
Pleasant evening to All.
I mow my neighbors lawn every time I do mine. I'd never take a dime for it.

But, I will take that peach cobbler...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min stray-cat 132,150
jason hughes 3 hr Cuzzo 9
jessica napier 5 hr hmm 1
brandon bryson 5 hr old friend 4
food stamp office 5 hr Jdp889 15
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
teena Marie mills 8 hr Flatlick 4
praying it's all a lie 15 hr Just the truth 5
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:45 am PST

NFL11:45AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
Bleacher Report12:06 AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans: Complete Week 17 Preview for Tennessee