Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
75,361 - 75,380 of 81,565 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Bwaaahahahaha You got that right baby I might be getting along in the years but I would absolutely turn her every which way but loose.
Right turn Clyde.
Mercy, mercy miss Percy, I'd love to be behind the bushes when she took that midnight dip.
:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't work a regular job anymore, but still plenty active in both summer and winter with chickens and helping others. I will never be a person that just sits and does nothing. That will wear a person down quicker than anything. I don't party and dance as much as I once did, but I find many other ways to have fun. LOL
You stay busy I know and that is good for your heart and soul with your work on the homestead, your chickens, helping neighbors, your boys, and those ladies you go see with the eggs. You have date nights and stay active on a level I will eventually get to. You are right that sitting around was the worst. You can only clean house and work in the yard for so long and all my family and friends were always at work. Since I don't have any grandchildren I had too much time on my hands. I decided to go work 5 hours a day for something to do and make some new friends. Plus, add a little to that retirement check I earned. Who can't use extra money huh? I bet you put that Stetson hat on and two step now and then don't you? I can see you doing that. You aren't over the hill yet, and when you get there you will enjoy the view at your family homestead you worked so hard to get and make your own. You need to send us some new pictures. OJG too!

Hope you enjoyed the beautiful day!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Off to dreamland. I hope you had a great day. Sorry I missed you guys. Check with you tomorrow.

Sweet dreams!!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Well, cloudy this morning. Hope the rain holds off for just a bit. Hope you all have a good day!! Got to go feed the birds!
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Moratorium here?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

It's been kinda dead in here today I see.
I guess with this nice weather, people had to be outside in it. I was too. Mowed my lawn with the push mower and threw out my back. LOL!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It's been kinda dead in here today I see.
I guess with this nice weather, people had to be outside in it. I was too. Mowed my lawn with the push mower and threw out my back. LOL!!
O no, hope you're okay. I fell assbackward on a large stone. Kids across the street must've thought I was drunk. Your back, my hip. Is it something about getting older you reckon? or maybe were too vigorous;) Lol. Rained here. Will get mine in a few days.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Good evening, my fine feathered friends. I will never consider myself over the hill. When you get to the top, and make your way down, you find that there is always another hill to climb. Staying physically active is always important, but the key is to stay mentally active. If you can manage that, you have conquered getting old.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

my peas have little white flowers on them now...... right on schedule (i think) and i think i should be harvesting in another two or three weeks..... beans are about a week behind thanks to the late frosting we had but they are getting there... and coming back stronger than they were.

hubby registered for his summer and fall classes:

math 110 and keyboarding this summer, then in he fall he is taking another keyboarding, intro to something (idk), writing 101, and war of the worlds.... he is really excited about that last one lol. if they gave out credit hours based on much much your nelson box says you watch the military channel and history channel.... he would have a degree by now.

very proud of him :)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Two older men repaired siding on an old lady's house yesterday and she fixed us a really great chicken pot pie for our pay. The best part is that the IRS don't get any of it. LOL

How can I NOT stay active? Too many people need me to stop and the CREATOR lets me keep going for now. If the rains hold off, I will be mowing again today. I had planned to mow yesterday until I found out that the old lady needed help.
Revnu

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

The more of those blackbirds gone, the better.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Well, here comes the rain! Glad I got the lawn done for the most part. Durn head cold is killing me though. I have NO clue where it came from, but I wish it would go away!
Wadejen82

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Could it be Paradise coal? That coal burn off has been around for many years now.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

It could be a lot of things that kill the birds. We may never really know.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Two older men repaired siding on an old lady's house yesterday and she fixed us a really great chicken pot pie for our pay. The best part is that the IRS don't get any of it. LOL
How can I NOT stay active? Too many people need me to stop and the CREATOR lets me keep going for now. If the rains hold off, I will be mowing again today. I had planned to mow yesterday until I found out that the old lady needed help.
We helped a lady out for years after years, she and her sisters and
in-laws stuck us with 30,000 dollars.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It could be a lot of things that kill the birds. We may never really know.
Just don't watch the poor birds die. Speak up!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't watch the poor birds die. Speak up!
I, personally haven't seen anything, but who should I speak TO exactly?
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Yuck
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
You are not that old AW, and I hope you don't think I was implying you were. I am just not at the stay at home stage you are and you are not that far ahead of me. I know you are a good looking man and with that stetson hat those ladies couldn't resist you either. Any one of them would be lucky to have time with you. You know how your email fan club feels about you. Right, lala?

Bet that pot pie was better than KFC could offer. Hope you got to mow today before the rain set in. It has just sprinkled here off and on.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Speaking of KFC, did you all see this on the news..haha

KFC smuggled through tunnels to Gaza 'dream come true'

In a testament to the Colonel's power, a fast food smuggling service sneaks KFC all the way from Egypt to the Gaza Strip for customers who pay triple the price just to get their hands on those secret herbs and spices. The 35-mile long journey through underground tunnels takes three hours from the Al-Arish KFC to Gaza and the company who supplies this vital service advertises, naturally, on Facebook. "It has been a dream, and this company has made my dream come true," said happy customer Rafat Shororo, an accountant who had tasted KFC in Egypt six long years ago and lusted for it ever since.

http://now.msn.com/kfc-smuggled-through-under...

News video is great, this is what was on the news:

KFC smugglers deliver fast food the hard way

KFC meals are being ordered from Egypt and delivered via smuggling tunnels to the besieged Gaza Strip. Lily Grimes reports.

http://money.msn.com/money-video...

That is too funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min The Apostle 147,178
Please Ladies answer this question for me 26 min Justgottaknow863 6
1 Blessing From God 1 hr Stephen Levi 21
Our guys.... not the best guy 1 hr sealthetruth 11
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr part time christian 129,039
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 3 hr snooger 11
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 4 hr Bret 5
john sowders 4 hr stephanie 7
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 7 hr Huh 18
New club in Barbourville? 18 hr my real name 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000