Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89376 May 14, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
https://www.google.com/prefere nces?hl=en&prev=https://ww w.google.com/search%3Fq%3Dmaps %26ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26r ls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:officia l%26client%3Dfirefox-a#locatio n
@ AB, here's a link.
Thanks Misty eyed, I tried that and it did turn my Tn location back to my location for the homepages, weather, happenings, etc...but no topix change. Thanks

Have a wonderful day!!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89377 May 14, 2013
Oglala wrote:
@ Abeliever: Check out the sun's activity. Going to get hot around here. www.spaceweather.com .
That is one informative site. I seen this last night:

This massive solar flare affected radio signals for an hour
While most of us were celebrating Mother's Day, the sun joined in by giving us all something really cool to watch. An X.17-class solar flare, the strongest the sun can produce, erupted from a sunspot, becoming the most powerful solar eruption of the year. It even triggered an hour-long blackout of high-frequency radio signals. Though the sunspot is currently on the far side of the sun, it will be turning towards Earth over the next few days. If it remains as active as it has been in the last week, we could be treated to some amazing aurora light shows very soon. For now, you can watch the flare in action in this video from NASA.

http://now.msn.com/strongest-solar-flare-of-2...

Seeing these articles makes me still wonder if the chemspraying is to fight solar flares, or maybe it is the weather manipulation since our weather across the country is C-R-A-Z-Y. Plus there is that EMP threat from our enemies. Maybe all three. They are still spraying like crazy in my area. Have you or Betty seen any lately since you two seem to be closest to me?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89378 May 14, 2013
Off to enjoy the afternoon before working at 5:00. Hope you all do too. Sorry I missed everyone. But will leave you with some cute videos:

Dalmatian Does the Sweetest Thing to Comfort His Sad Owner

When this dalmatian saw his owner was sad, he made it his goal to comfort him! Dogs are a wonderful gift from God; they make our lives better in so many ways. Your heart will melt when you see this one!

http://www.godvine.com/Dalmatian-Does-the-Swe...

Was that not the sweetest thing? Animals are so smart and sensitive. They know when you hurt. My two cats were all over me when I was dealing with deaths in my family last year. They were so sweet.

What One Dog Did for a Stray Kitten is Simply a Miracle

When one family found a starving, stray kitten, they brought it inside, hoping to warm it up. What happened next with their Pekingese is absolutely amazing - and it saved the life of the poor kitty!

http://www.godvine.com/What-One-Dog-Did-for-a...

Precious story of animals loving each other.

This one may have been posted earlier in the year, but it makes me laugh so much. Babies are so funny. Makes me wonder about LSD923 little one, like betty (I think) mentioned back a few pages. I bet his little Leona is coming up on her second birthday. I will have to locate that email and see if I can get him to respond. Would love to see an updated photo.:)

Best Compilation Video of Babies Laughing at Dogs

Babies do the most darling things! Lighten your spirit and improve your day by watching these precious children laugh at the silly things dogs do... their laughter is so contagious!

http://www.godvine.com/Best-Compilation-Video...

Enjoy. Check back later tonight if I am not too tired. Have a great day!
So what

Mayfield, KY

#89380 May 14, 2013
Keep all of that
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89381 May 14, 2013
only two more weeks till the pool opens up! yay!

think i will set up on the porch and get my tan going..... maybe if i start now i wont turn into a lobster this year.

ahhh cant wait to go swimming......

anyone got some tried and true ideas for getting a pepper burn to calm down. i stopped off at an iga yesterday on my way home from work and they had jalapenos and serranos on sale for 99 cents a pound (which admittedly is not the greatest deal but it beats the 1.76 a pound i have been seeing all winter and my home grown peppers are far off from producing and we go thru peppers around here like some use tp)

any way.... i picked up a pound each which is like forty peppers all together and i chopped and froze them. normally i would where some gloves but for some reason i just didn't think about it till about twenty jalapenos in and started to feel the beginnings of a good burn coming. i put on gloves for the serranos but by then the damage was done.lol

so i did some googling and found a few remedies and this is what i tried so far..... milk, lime juice, dawn, antibacterial soap, aloe, coffee grounds, and Epsom salt (that last one had the opposite effect btw) still burning strong this morning. the aloe does offer some relief its just short lived..... i gave up and just taped a piece to my pepper cutting thumb so i could sleep last night..... but even the warm coming off the laptop is getting it throbbing again.

sigh..... it can be said that i am a little bit of a wimp and have zero threshold for pain but anyone (even the trolls) with a tried and true cure.....any one!

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89382 May 14, 2013
@Betty.. I have no tips for peppers since I don't use or like them anyways, but I do have one tip "DON'T SCRATCH YOUR BUTT" lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89383 May 14, 2013
@ Betty, wash your hands in cold water and alcohol, apply vaseline that should help. If you have a hot mouth, drink plenty of good alcohol. It will do the job. Hope you feel better soon;)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89384 May 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Betty.. I have no tips for peppers since I don't use or like them anyways, but I do have one tip "DON'T SCRATCH YOUR BUTT" lol
hahaha.... in all seriousness tho, i "held it" for many many hours and thru many many hand washes yesterday. but i forgot and wiped my eyes late last night...yep that was fun
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89385 May 14, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
@ Betty, wash your hands in cold water and alcohol, apply vaseline that should help. If you have a hot mouth, drink plenty of good alcohol. It will do the job. Hope you feel better soon;)
all i had was tequila ...no rubbing alcohol..... dare i say except for my thumb..... it seems to be working so far.....but i dont want to jinx my self.... the milk i threw on it worked for a bit but the burn came back. but im hoping the tequila actually got the capsaicin off my hands....so im hopeful.... i think the thumb its self is just burnt period and will have to get better on its own. thanks!
Blueminer

Scottsville, KY

#89386 May 14, 2013
betty wrote:
think i will set up on the porch and get my tan going..... maybe if i start now i wont turn into a lobster this year.
anyone got some tried and true ideas for getting a pepper burn to calm down. i stopped off at an iga yesterday on my way home from work and they had jalapenos and serranos on sale for 99 cents a pound (which admittedly is not the greatest deal but it beats the 1.76 a pound i have been seeing all winter and my home grown peppers are far off from producing and we go thru peppers around here like some use tp)
any way.... i picked up a pound each which is like forty peppers all together and i chopped and froze them. normally i would where some gloves but for some reason i just didn't think about it till about twenty jalapenos in and started to feel the beginnings of a good burn coming. i put on gloves for the serranos but by then the damage was done.lol
so i did some googling and found a few remedies and this is what i tried so far..... milk, lime juice, dawn, antibacterial soap, aloe, coffee grounds, and Epsom salt (that last one had the opposite effect btw) still burning strong this morning. the aloe does offer some relief its just short lived..... i gave up and just taped a piece to my pepper cutting thumb so i could sleep last night..... but even the warm coming off the laptop is getting it throbbing again.
sigh..... it can be said that i am a little bit of a wimp and have zero threshold for pain but anyone (even the trolls) with a tried and true cure.....any one!
orange, lemons or limes?
Blueminer

Scottsville, KY

#89387 May 14, 2013
http://www.9news.com/video/2338141201001/1/St...

Anybody else see this? it's pretty cool

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#89388 May 14, 2013

Scotts Vegas

#89389 May 14, 2013
Almost forgot, Hello Everyone!

Scotts Vegas

#89390 May 14, 2013
of course gotta include this

sad

Flemingsburg, KY

#89391 May 14, 2013
So sad

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89392 May 14, 2013
Just home and watching the sun set. What a BEAUTIFUL day!! I have some really mad birds. I ran out of food! Going to have to buy more AND soon!!
Jessi

London, KY

#89393 May 14, 2013
Lol! This is not happening for anything the government is doing. You should try reading the bible. This tells you everything you need to know. There IS a explanation for all of this, the BIBLE!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89394 May 14, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hey there, spaceweather.com is reliable site for footage as well. I tried to watch live footage on Sunday. They were having trouble with the camera in Australia. Hope all is well with you, yours;) Have a good evening. We're having pulled pork here. Been a gorgeous day. Bless you All.
pepper burn

Logan, WV

#89395 May 14, 2013
betty wrote:
try ice cream or yogurt
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89398 May 14, 2013
betty wrote:
Looks like the scottsville tiny pony troll dropped in. Guess it must be real boring now without Una so he has to stick his two cent slurs here. Sorry ass.

I can't wait either to get in the pool. The water looks pretty good and it has been nice to sit around with the tiki lights on, star filled night and have lots of laughs with my BFs.

Did you stock up on that 5 for $20 meat deal at IGA? I love that. I know when the butcher is on and stocking so I go get about $40 worth searching through and grabbing the packages that are $5-$6. It is always great cuts and fresh. They trim real good too. I love that store.

Hope your burn is better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Joe Cocker!!! 13 min TOASTup 1
kids free glasses and hearing checked 1 hr shame on u 12
Maryann smith (Mar '12) 1 hr Friend 17
robbery 2 hr deadly robbery to... 2
Bastards 2 hr gator 9
Best dentist in Barbourville 2 hr helpful 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Historicallyspeaking 131,966
To the Garland family 5 hr The way it is 8
dinky phipps 8 hr The hard truth 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Sun Lisa 185
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]