Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,761)

Showing posts 75,201 - 75,220 of81,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
To eat 'em or to kill 'em? LOL
yick! i hope to never be that hard up.... think i could be talked into chewing some yummy tree bark before i ventured into the insect world.

cant remember what it was but somebody had told me at the end of the year that i could put something down that would keep them away and this particular something was a really simple household something.... just cant seem to recall.

i salt the ones i see, and you would think with all the salt i put on the porch all winter long that they would find another home. it cant all wash away......guess its not like it really repels them just drys them out
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

well just stopped in to see if we had anymore returns. i see hempburn is still a coffee connoisseur and AB must be busy with her new job.

poodle found a little garden snake out in the yard and hubby and i had lots of fun watching him try and out maneuver it but other wise, peaceful day at work followed by a peaceful evening.everything was pretty quiet today around here...how i like it. tomorrow is payday, so im gearing up for my big kroger trip for this month.... if thats the most exciting thing that happens tomorrow...yay!

sweet dreams bird thread!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Oops, still don't have the copy/paste thing down pat. If you listen to the above, just hit skip ad in 5 sec., and you will hear Alison Krauss' rendition of "I'll Fly Away."
I dedicate the song to AW, who, like me, is rounding the last bend. Nice still shots of the birds, AW.
Thanks. It was rather odd though. At the same time as yout post, I was watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou" and it included the same song. The movie is quite silly, I just like the sound track.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
To eat 'em or to kill 'em? LOL
Salt makes slugs melt.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Going to be a rainy day. I am going to stay in and do things around here. Hope you all have a great day!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Going to be a rainy day. I am going to stay in and do things around here. Hope you all have a great day!
Hope you got more sleep than I did last night. Finally fell asleep around 2:30 A.M., and awoke at 5. Got coffee ready for Hubby and here I am, still wide awake. If you ever find out how to beat insomnia, let me know the secret.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. It was rather odd though. At the same time as yout post, I was watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou" and it included the same song. The movie is quite silly, I just like the sound track.
The movie was a riot. I got a kick out of the way the screenwriter alluded to the Odyssey, which we read way back in high school or college. The women in the pond who seduced those 'fellers' clearly referenced the Three Sirens in that work of literature... laughed my azz off about that part. But I agree, the soundtrack was wonderful to listen too.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you got more sleep than I did last night. Finally fell asleep around 2:30 A.M., and awoke at 5. Got coffee ready for Hubby and here I am, still wide awake. If you ever find out how to beat insomnia, let me know the secret.
If I find out I will let you and everyone know. I went to bed right around midnight, but was still looking at the clock at 1:15, so I got up. I did doze off at about 4:45 or so, but didn't last more than a few minutes. Just wasn't a night that I needed to sleep I guess.
the romingalcholic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

just have a beer or three ,...
if you find , that you can not fall asleep ....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

the romingalcholic wrote:
Nope, doesn't work at all. Have to make too many bathroom trips and beer gives me a headache anyway.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Must be something in the air, although I routinely have insomnia myself. But this week has been particularly bad.

Finally got my first yawn around 4:00 a.m., so I went to bed around 4:30 a.m. I merely tossed and turned, flipped and flopped, seeing the clock hit 5:30 at last memory..

Then I woke up at approximately 10:00, who knows really, due to the fact that I rolled over only to see the alarm clock flashing. There was apparently a power outage during my short down time.

So that gets my blood pumping because IT'S TOO DANG CLOUDY OUT THERE TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TIME IT COULD HAVE BEEN IN REAL LIFE, and my poor chicken babies were still locked up.

So I get up and make coffee, poop and feed the indoor critters, go to let the chickens out, and now I sit here in front of the laptop much like a zombie... Just as any normal, red blooded, menopausal, crazy lady would do..

Glad to see I'm in the best of company, hehe!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Raining here again, good thing I got the grass mowed yesterday
Check this out

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON—Declaring that every affluent child in America has the right to a well-balanced brunch, the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the launch of a $40 million school brunch program aimed at distributing brioche french toast and smoked salmon to the nation’s richest school districts.“We found that 70 percent of students in wealthy communities were not receiving their recommended allowance of eggs Benedict and fresh-squeezed orange juice,” Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack told reporters Friday.“Quite simply, we believe all children of privilege deserve a proper, well-composed brunch plate with complimentary jalapeno cornbread mini muffins and honey butter on the side. With this new program, we can finally begin to offer the superior culinary experience that until now has been sorely missing in school cafeterias from Greenwich, CT to Palo Alto, CA.” Department officials said that if its brunch program proves successful, they remain open to the possibility of spending an additional $80 million annually to add live jazz music.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

the romingalcholic wrote:
I don't drink. Never have or will. Alcohol doesn't make you SLEEP. It makes you pass out. I don't need to lose any more brain cells.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, doesn't work at all. Have to make too many bathroom trips and beer gives me a headache anyway.
Dang right.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Ichamisamecalrossgrofombijibbe rbakemyoworvbommum....CHOVE !

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Rapidfire wrote:
No...Just No!!!
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Rapidfire wrote:
BRILLIANT !

Looking forward to more of your wisdom.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

wombertocknfofobberbokllchocko locolgozensmoofemitaliclevatt . zise ?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

keyboard full of syrup?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,201 - 75,220 of81,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Libertarian 122,744
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min GOTP 138,662
What all thinka bout lena fugate? (May '09) 21 min Haha 8
Larry dye and Amy dye 24 min Heard 19
somepplarebitchs 29 min LOL 16
Atv wanted 32 min yes 2
Corey vs. Collins 1 hr Pop 56
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••