Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#89266 May 10, 2013
Check this out wrote:
WASHINGTON—Declaring that every affluent child in America has the right to a well-balanced brunch, the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the launch of a $40 million school brunch program aimed at distributing brioche french toast and smoked salmon to the nation’s richest school districts.“We found that 70 percent of students in wealthy communities were not receiving their recommended allowance of eggs Benedict and fresh-squeezed orange juice,” Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack told reporters Friday.“Quite simply, we believe all children of privilege deserve a proper, well-composed brunch plate with complimentary jalapeno cornbread mini muffins and honey butter on the side. With this new program, we can finally begin to offer the superior culinary experience that until now has been sorely missing in school cafeterias from Greenwich, CT to Palo Alto, CA.” Department officials said that if its brunch program proves successful, they remain open to the possibility of spending an additional $80 million annually to add live jazz music.
Source please.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#89267 May 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
keyboard full of syrup?
Head full of empty space...

Scotts Vegas

#89268 May 10, 2013
-badboy- wrote:
<quoted text>
That was enlightening...
<quoted text>
Of course
Every time someone says they want to say something, then doesn't, irritates the chit out of me
I'm so mad now I'm gonna...
I'm gonna...
Daymn, I'm so mad I don't know what I'm gonna do
<quoted text>
1.) Who's that?
2.) No.
<quoted text>
Who's scoop-n-poop
And why has he made you mad?
<quoted text>
You seem a bit elated yourself...
<quoted text>
Well, if that is where your mind is, maybe that is what has you "excited?"
To each is own...
<quoted text>
I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but, I'm over it now...
Thanks for being you...
I'm sure your thorough breakdown and response routine serves some purpose but darn if I can figure out what it is.

Scotts Vegas

#89269 May 10, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey bird peeps! I'm back! Got a lot of catching up to do, but so far I'll say how good it is to see everyone! Even Blue and Hemp have returned!! WooHoo!
I've got a few things to do right away, then I'll be back later on tonight!
Keep on keeping on!!
Hello Nope! Looks like I couldn't fool you. Hope you are well.

Scotts Vegas

#89270 May 10, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Three couples went in to see the minister to see how to become members of his church. The minister said that they would have to go without sex for two weeks and then come back and tell him how it went.
The first couple was retired, the second couple was middle-aged and the final couple was newlywed. Two weeks went by, and the couples returned to the minister. The retired couple said it was no problem at all. The middle-aged couple said it was tough for the first week, but after that, it was no problem. The newlyweds said it was fine until she dropped the can of paint.
"Can of PAINT?!" exclaimed the minister.
"Yeah," said the newlywed man. "She dropped the can and when she bent over to pick it up, I had to have her right there and then. Lust took over."
The minister just shook his head sadly, and said that they would no longer be welcome in the church.
"That's perfectly okay," said the man. "Home Depot doesn't want us back, either."
Honorable mention...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAAAHHH!!!

Scotts Vegas

#89271 May 10, 2013
hasbarats wrote:
<quoted text>
the truth about the zionists is out, just go to the popular forums section and you will see what I mean...truth hurts don't it? It's funny when you expose the truth about the zionists that you are right away labelled as a nazi/arab anti-semite...sorry but that tactic is worn out and well known to people who know what's really going on.
Sorry but anti-semite statements are automatically null and void. Your point is moot(aka "poot").

Scotts Vegas

#89272 May 10, 2013
Hello to Everyone! Four or five days ago I looked in and it was like a ghost thread. But that seems to have changed. Good to read everybody! I came to the library to research a few things and figured I would add my 2 cents here.

Abeliever I read your stuff a few pages back as always thanks!

The ever-sweetness we know as Misty Eyed hello to you!

Oglala, Betty, Nope Ima wavin to all of you too!

Last BNL....HOWLS it goin Wolf?

A little wish for all of you...Love and peace of mind neighbors....Sleep well

Scotts Vegas

#89273 May 10, 2013
Reckon I'm outta here for now.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#89274 May 10, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but anti-semite statements are automatically null and void. Your point is moot(aka "poot").
All statements about any groups of peoples are null and void with me. Those type statements only propigate hatred and bigotry regardless of whether they are full of truths or not. Jesus told us to love our neighbor. He did not say to love everyone except the Zionists, Masons, Catholics, Protestants, Blacks, Whites, Orientals, Cowboys, or Indians.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#89275 May 10, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello to Everyone! Four or five days ago I looked in and it was like a ghost thread. But that seems to have changed. Good to read everybody! I came to the library to research a few things and figured I would add my 2 cents here.
Abeliever I read your stuff a few pages back as always thanks!
The ever-sweetness we know as Misty Eyed hello to you!
Oglala, Betty, Nope Ima wavin to all of you too!
Last BNL....HOWLS it goin Wolf?
A little wish for all of you...Love and peace of mind neighbors....Sleep well
It's wonderful to hear from you again. Here's a little tip. If you peek in and find a ghost thread, leave a comment anyway. It draws everyone out and we respond.
We may take a break, but we are never really gone.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89276 May 10, 2013
Think I finally fell asleep around 4 a.m. Today has been one of those I need a swift kick in the wazoo to get going. Just read an article from a Harvard study about better sleep.Anyway after about 8 weeks of yoga, it was found that people had an improvement in their sleep patterns. No sugar, eating carbohydrates before bedtime will also help. I believe, relaxation is the key to a peaceful sleep. Though the heart, diabetes and menopause affects sleep as well so I am SOL, ol menapause is knocking...
@ Blue, sounds like you are doing well. A tablet sure would help you access the internet. It might eliminate having to use public services which are limited. The Nexus7 is around $250 ;) You take care. May life give you goodness and peace.
Rained earlier, has been cloudy all day. The birds keep singing their pretty tunes...Hope goes on. Bless you All, have a pleasant evening and restful night.
davidhayse

United States

#89277 May 10, 2013
Finchh wrote:
I think it has something to do with us burning all that coal!!!
we have been burning coal for along time and I hate to say this but if you sre down on coal burning turn off your electricity. cause most of our power comes from coal
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89278 May 10, 2013
Hello fellow bird threaders. Lot to catch up with.

betty, I only work 5 hours a day, got early schedule so I can have most of the day to do whatever. You know it sucks if you have been there, but it is easy money, something to do. It is always better when you know you don't need it to pay your bills and you have benefits earned from retirement. I know allot of people there, so it is fun too. I have been going to watch my son's games in the evenings, lots of fun as well.

Whoever had the spam recipes, please post some, maybe I could be swayed to try it. I put spam up there with potted meat, mackeral, and vienna sausages. YUK, haha If it was a slam at my posts, get use to it, I post it anyway. lol

AW, lala, misty eyed, "Nope", and belie, enjoyed your posts.

Hempburn, stop in more often. We miss you. How is bisquit doing? Hope your are enjoying the BBQ and Harley riding weather. I have.

Blueminer, happy to see you back and glad you enjoyed my posts. Hope your Dad, family and job is going well.

Did anyone catch all the chemspraying they were doing yesterday? I left the house around 8, they were spraying, headed home after work and grocery shopping around 2:30 they were still spraying. Wonder what's up with that besides all the rain today. The sun is shining bright now though.

I hope all of you have a wonderful evening.

Let's see if I am in Kentucky yet. haha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89279 May 10, 2013
Guess they think I am still in Tennessee. haha

This is a trip:

Watch these bald eagles throw a party in an Alaskan parking lot

Nothing weird about cops breaking up a rowdy party — except when it's a convocation of bald eagles doing the partying. This video shows what happened after a pickup truck driver left some garbage bags full of fish in the bed of his vehicle while it was parked in a supermarket lot in the Alaskan city of Unalaska. Figuring someone had left them some party snacks, around 40 eagles swooped in. Police officer Bill Simms scared some of the eagles away with his siren, then joined the gathering to chase the rest away. The truck's owner wasn't cited because the eagles' fish feeding frenzy didn't make a mess — making them cleaner than the guests at every party you ever threw.

http://now.msn.com/bald-eagles-flock-to-parki...

Guess they swooped in for a free meal. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89280 May 10, 2013
17 funny animals that have absolutely no idea what's going on

The world is a confusing place for animals. How is an unwitting dog supposed to know that the suspiciously still face he's gazing at is just a woman on a magazine? And how could a cat possibly know that the frightening vortex that sometimes reveals ghostly kitties from another world is actually just a mirror? Click through this gallery of funny pet GIFs to see the best example of pets totally freaking out for no good reason.

http://now.msn.com/funny-pet-gifs-confused-do...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89281 May 10, 2013
All I can say on this one is WOW. Bless her heart, she's got it going on. This is amazing.

This 86 year-old woman has strength and skills SO amazing, you really won't believe your eyes when you see what she can do!

You HAVE to watch her incredible gymnastics routine!

http://www.godvine.com/86-Year-Old-Gymnast-fb...
HAHA

Trenton, TN

#89282 May 10, 2013
Any of you watched the movie "The Bay"? LMBO!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89283 May 10, 2013
Another interesting find on FB. AW probably knows most of these great tricks.

What IS The Main Ingredient of WD-40?
Before you read to the end, does anybody know what the main ingredient of WD-40?
No Cheating.....

WD-40 ~ Who knew!

I had a neighbor who bought a new pickup.
I got up very early one Sunday morning and saw that someone had spray painted red all around the sides of this beige truck (for some unknown reason).
I went over, woke him up, and told him the bad news.
He was very upset and was trying to figure out what to do....
probably nothing until Monday morning, since nothing was open.
Another neighbor came out and told him to get his WD-40 and clean it off.
It removed the unwanted paint beautifully and did not harm his paint job that was on the truck. I was impressed!

WD-40 who knew?
"Water Displacement #40".
The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts.
WD-40 was created in 1953, by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company.
Its name comes from the project that was to find a 'Water Displacement' Compound.
They were finally successful for a formulation, with their fortieth attempt, thus WD-40.
The 'Convair Company' bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.
Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you.
When you read the 'shower door' part, try it.
It's the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door.
If yours is plastic, it works just as well as on glass.
It's a miracle!
Then try it on your stovetop.
It's now shinier than it's ever been.
You'll be amazed.

WD-40 Uses:
1. Protects silver from tarnishing.
2. Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4. Gives floor that 'just-waxed' sheen without making them slippery.
5. Keeps the flies off of Cows, Horses, and other Farm Critters, as well.(Ya gotta love this one!!!)
6. Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7. Removes lipstick stains.
8. Loosens stubborn zippers.
9. Untangles jewelry chains.
10. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12. Keeps ceramic / terracotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13. Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16. Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17. Lubricates noisy door hinges on both home and vehicles doors.
18. It removes that nasty tar and scuff marks from the kitchen flooring.
It doesn't seem to harm the finish and you won't have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off.
Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19. Remove those nasty Bug guts that will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly!
20. Gives a children's playground gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21. Lubricates gearshift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers...
22. Rids kids rocking chair and swings of squeaky noises.
23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.
29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.

continued
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89284 May 10, 2013
continued:

30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes grease splatters from stovetops.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36. Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
37. Florida's favorite use is:'cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.'
38. The favorite use in the state of New York, it protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a little on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose.
Keep in mind though, using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.
40. Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41. It is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray it on the marks and wipe with a clean rag.
42. Also, if you've discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and rewash. Presto! The lipstick is gone!
43. If you spray it inside a wet distributor cap, it will displace the moisture, allowing the engine to start.

P.S.
As for that Basic, Main Ingredient.......
Well.... it's FISH OIL....

Great tips, even for the hater slamming my posts. haha

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#89285 May 10, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
All I can say on this one is WOW. Bless her heart, she's got it going on. This is amazing.
This 86 year-old woman has strength and skills SO amazing, you really won't believe your eyes when you see what she can do!
You HAVE to watch her incredible gymnastics routine!
http://www.godvine.com/86-Year-Old-Gymnast-fb...
Glad to see you back. How's the job going. Thought you were retiring from your after retirement job. LOL Always busy, heh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min ChromiuMan 131,874
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 14 min parent 4
from someone that cared 1 hr carous 1
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 2 hr lol 7
Porsche mills 3 hr Well.... 24
Need food badly 6 hr Nope 43
truck payments 6 hr gator for office 14
To the Garland family 11 hr Well.... 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search