Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,748)

Showing posts 74,941 - 74,960 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Amen to that.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
dog-tree time.@Betty.. I set out cabbage plants and was trying to keep the chickens out of them and forgot all about the rabbits. They got every one over night. Oh well, I like looking at the fat rabbits more than I like making kraut. LOL
Your melons are going to need several days of consistently warmer and dryer weather. The yo-yo April is over and you may start seeing some growth by mid-May. I have been trying for two weeks to get the corn field dry enough to plant corn and every time it gets close, here comes more rains. I suppose we could all use just a bit more patience.
patience is definitely not my strong point. now if you need some one to pick and pick and pick something to perfection (except for grammar) i can hold it down. lol found some cheapo rose bush starters at the dollar general today that were marked down to a dollar a piece. got them all sorted out in a line down the length of the front porch. if i can keep joe poodle off them long enough they may decide they like it and catch up to the ones that were already there. not probable but a buck for a rose bush aint a bad deal.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this!! A good while back I was on thread that was really being hit hard with the trolls. It got to be rather awful so we left. We soon found out that things need a little spice every now and then to keep it going...(like romance, I guess! Lol).
yup i think if a few of us, myself included, could refrain from personal attacks. we could have an intelligent debate about things on this thread. its been tried in the past but failed miserably for the most part because peoples wanting to be right all the time overshadowed the points they were trying to make, and then someones feelings got hurt, which normally led to the caps lock being turned on, and then all reason was replaced by pure drama queen-isms and rantings.

mmm hmmm.... we are one big dysfunctional family on this thread but we have learned over the past two years, for the better, and in the spirit of co existence, to just talk about flowers and sun tans.lol denial is not just a river in Egypt you know.....:0

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

It was WARM today. I saw Colorado though. Snowing there. Crazy!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

No denial

“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
—Fyodor Dostoyevsky,''The Brothers Karamzov"

http://www.divinecaroline.com/self/wellness/a...
To ski

Cypress, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

I am familiar with this weaponry and have had the same thought regarding practicing on animals first.
It's a way to take care of human overpopulation right? Why don't these people that are deadest on eliminating a huge portion of the population just volunteer themselves and there families? Cowards, that's why.
the point is

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
I just had the pleasure of reading your column, "Our GI's earn enough" and I am a bit confused. Frankly, I'm wondering where this vaunted overpayment is going, because as far as I can tell, it disappears every month between DFAS (The Defense Finance and Accounting Service) and my bank account. Checking my latest earnings statement I see that I make $1,117.80 before taxes per month. After taxes, I take home $874.20. When I run that through the calculator, I come up with an annual salary of $13,413.60 before taxes, and $10,490.40 after.
I work in the Air Force Network Control Center where I am part of the team responsible for a 5,000 host computer network. I am involved with infrastructure segments, specifically with Cisco Systems equipment. A quick check under jobs for "Network Technicians" in the Washington , D.C. area reveals a position in my career field, requiring three years experience in my job. Amazingly, this job does NOT pay $13,413.60 a year. No, this job is being offered at $70,000 to $80,000 per annum.......... I'm sure you can draw the obvious conclusions.
Given the tenor of your column, I would assume that you NEVER had the pleasure of serving your country in her armed forces.
Before you take it upon yourself to once more castigate congressional and DOD leadership for attempting to get the families in the military's lowest pay brackets off of WIC and food stamps, I suggest that you join a group of deploying soldiers headed for AFGHANISTAN ; I leave the choice of service branch up to you. Whatever choice you make though, opt for the SIX month rotation: it will guarantee you the longest possible time away from your family and friends, thus giving you full "deployment experience."
As your group prepares to board the plane, make sure to note the spouses and children who are saying good-bye to their loved ones. Also take care to note that several families are still unsure of how they'll be able to make ends meet while the primary breadwinner is gone. Obviously they've been squandering the "vast" piles of cash the government has been giving them.
Try to deploy over a major holiday; Christmas and Thanksgiving are perennial favorites.. And when you're actually over there, sitting in a foxhole, shivering against the cold desert night, and the flight sergeant tells you that there aren't enough people on shift to relieve you for chow, remember this: trade whatever MRE's (meal-ready-to-eat) you manage to get for the tuna noodle casserole or cheese tortellini, and add Tabasco to everything. This gives some flavor.
Talk to your loved ones as often as you are permitted; it won't be nearly long enough or often enough, but take what you can get and be thankful for it. You may have picked up on the fact that I disagree with most of the points you present in your open piece.
But, tomorrow from KABUL , I will defend to the death your right to say it.
You see, I am an American fighting man, a guarantor of your First Amendment right and every other right you cherish...On a daily basis, my brother and sister soldiers worldwide ensure that you and people like you can thumb your collective noses at us, all on a salary that is nothing short of pitiful and under conditions that would make most people cringe. We hemorrhage our best and brightest into the private sector because we can't offer the stability and pay of civilian companies.
And you, Ms.. Williams, have the gall to say that we make more than we deserve?”
A1C Michael Bragg, Hill AFB AFNCC
true so true
war doesn't pay...so why is our government so keen on putting us into war? Well, the people in power make money (defense contractors like Cheney's Halliburton) but the soldiers end up poor or dead.
nice tan

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Thread postings are rather few and far between. Has the bird thread run it's course?
it's because the mundane topics you talk about gets boring after a while...admit it wolf, this thread was more active when I stirred the pot with the controversial conspiracy topics which you so despise. Why? because there is truth in what I said which made people uncomfortable, especially you as you were experiencing a psychological phenomenon known as "cognitive dissonance".
Crazy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

You people are in need of a life
Fallen Angel

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Crazy wrote:
You people are in need of a life
Or a hobby---

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Another beautiful Kentucky morning!
Hope you all have a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

nice tan wrote:
<quoted text>
it's because the mundane topics you talk about gets boring after a while...admit it wolf, this thread was more active when I stirred the pot with the controversial conspiracy topics which you so despise. Why? because there is truth in what I said which made people uncomfortable, especially you as you were experiencing a psychological phenomenon known as "cognitive dissonance".
It is not the controversial conspiracy topics that are as despicable as your egotistical attitude of self worth and condescending nature when posting other's opinions about those subjects.

And if that is the source of life for this thread, then let it die!!!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning All!!

It's going to be busy around here today and I must get off of this iPhone and get started!! Today is my better halfs birthday! Happy Birthday!! He had planned to be home this week but things happened and he's still working.:-(
Or :-)
(We get paychecks if he works) Can't win on that one!!!
With all this going on around home I feel overwhelmed some days and this little spot gives me a break ! Have a wonderful day!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

OOpppss. The clouds have rolled in. I know it's going to rain and cool us back off. I knew the good weather was too good to be true!
too funny

Hope, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

http://m.arcamax.com/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox...

From Annie's Mailbox 4/29/13

Dear Annie: What should I say to my sister when she makes outrageous claims? For example, she believes the government is spraying poison into the skies and dropping ticks to kill us. She has a huge supply of plastic coffins ready to put our corpses into. She thinks crackpots rapping on YouTube are reliable sources of information.........

Dear Older Sister: It is pointless to argue with your sister. Instead, please suggest she get a complete checkup. She may be suffering from something as simple as a urinary tract infection, as serious as dementia or as complicated as mental illness. You also can try your local Department on Aging to see whether someone could visit your sister in person and do an evaluation.
Glow

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

too funny wrote:
http://m.arcamax.com/lifeadvic e/anniesmailbox/s-1314612
From Annie's Mailbox 4/29/13
Dear Annie: What should I say to my sister when she makes outrageous claims? For example, she believes the government is spraying poison into the skies and dropping ticks to kill us. She has a huge supply of plastic coffins ready to put our corpses into. She thinks crackpots rapping on YouTube are reliable sources of information.........
Dear Older Sister: It is pointless to argue with your sister. Instead, please suggest she get a complete checkup. She may be suffering from something as simple as a urinary tract infection, as serious as dementia or as complicated as mental illness. You also can try your local Department on Aging to see whether someone could visit your sister in person and do an evaluation.
Its the sprinkler rainbow conspiracy!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Not as hot as it was yesterday. The breeze has picked up too. Nice.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Anne wrote:
Good Morning All!!
It's going to be busy around here today and I must get off of this iPhone and get started!! Today is my better halfs birthday! Happy Birthday!! He had planned to be home this week but things happened and he's still working.:-(
Or :-)
(We get paychecks if he works) Can't win on that one!!!
With all this going on around home I feel overwhelmed some days and this little spot gives me a break ! Have a wonderful day!!
I know exactly what you mean by feeling overwhelmed. Although I'm in a relationship I feel like I have to be a single woman. Partner spent his birthday away from home. I got him a pretty little card though about a birthday kiss. Hehehe, I placed a naughty little message in it. Hopefully the weather makes the days easier for you;) You can fish in your pond. Perhaps, once you get those hens you'll be able to collect eggs and maybe sell them. I do miss the childhood days of skipping rocks in creek and berry picking. Amazing, how time flies.
I've heard baby birds the last several days. My columbine has bloomed; it has white and pink blooms:) Good evening to All.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

nice tan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Nice Tan, prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays can cause melanoma. And AW has just as much a right topic posting as you or I. He contributes his part to society as a positive role model and intelligent Gentleman. You come off as a pompous, inflated arse whose pomp and circumstance comes off as a bit smelling like an air full of dung.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Good evening! What a glorious day it has been!! Misty, I think you know what I'm talking about ! Sigh... It's me who not only mows the lawn but I have to figure out how to put the mower wheel back on. At least I found the mower wheel so I could put it back on! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,941 - 74,960 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
T&L pawn Raided wed-19-2014 9 min laura 121
what happened 23 min p-r-o-s-t-i-t-u-t-e-s 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min Limbertwig 138,467
Barbourville subway (Sep '12) 49 min MoreFacts 52
Restaurant 1 hr joe 6
Guss need a hug 1 hr doggie style 12
Redbud festival 1 hr jenny 6
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 4 hr vote 15
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 5:55PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs