Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88976 May 2, 2013
Well another day and the birds were happy! Gonna rain soon.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#88977 May 2, 2013
Windmills and solar collectors.
nope

Hyden, KY

#88978 May 2, 2013
cats are catching all the birds.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88979 May 2, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I know exactly what you mean by feeling overwhelmed. Although I'm in a relationship I feel like I have to be a single woman. Partner spent his birthday away from home. I got him a pretty little card though about a birthday kiss. Hehehe, I placed a naughty little message in it. Hopefully the weather makes the days easier for you;) You can fish in your pond. Perhaps, once you get those hens you'll be able to collect eggs and maybe sell them. I do miss the childhood days of skipping rocks in creek and berry picking. Amazing, how time flies.
I've heard baby birds the last several days. My columbine has bloomed; it has white and pink blooms:) Good evening to All.
I'll let you in on a secret. It still does my heart good to skip rocks over the river and to go berry picking in the summer. Keeps your mind clear, gives you a chance to reflect on life, and helps to keep your priorities straight. It's an easy way to keep life's events in proper perspective, while providing a quiet moment in the presence of Our Creator.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88980 May 2, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let you in on a secret. It still does my heart good to skip rocks over the river and to go berry picking in the summer. Keeps your mind clear, gives you a chance to reflect on life, and helps to keep your priorities straight. It's an easy way to keep life's events in proper perspective, while providing a quiet moment in the presence of Our Creator.
Just came back in from sitting on my deck looking into the CREATOR's diamonds and if that isn't enough, the CREATOR even sent lightening bugs to sparkle.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#88981 May 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Just came back in from sitting on my deck looking into the CREATOR's diamonds and if that isn't enough, the CREATOR even sent lightening bugs to sparkle.
'HEY' A W , I'm with you on that neighbor. There's a light sparkling at MY little log cabin tonight. It's shine'n from the soul that the CREATOR blessed me with. I give thanks just to be here to enjoy the wonders that he made for our enjoyment. It will be another wonderfull day when the sun comes up , although the wind is get'n up a bit over in these here hills and cloud'n up a bit. but maybe a little shower of rain will bring my corn on up out the ground. even the smallest of blessings are worthy of thanks! Hope everything is going well for you too ! I've not had much time to socialize much lately,I appologise for that , I've been really busy taking advantage of springtime gardening, fenceing , and all the outside chores that piled up on me last winter. I kind of out-did myself today and having trouble sleep'n , so I guess I'm up for the day . might as well put some coffee on and make the best of it huh ! If any other soul is awake , HOWDY too ya !!!
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#88982 May 3, 2013
Anne wrote:
Good morning! Another beautiful day!!
Got most of the chicken coop cleaned out so we can start the remodeling job tomorrow! I found ALL kinds if surprises in that shed! Those 35. 1 pound coffee cans from a long ago auction I got for a dollar of so? They held hundreds of brand new bright and shiny nuts, bolts and screws of all sizes! Cast iron cookware? Found it! I have enough to cook with for the entire wagon train!!!
Been super busy and also topix all of a sudden said i couldn't post because I need java script and cookies.
Haha ! java script and cookies huh , Try coffee and donuts instead ! and if that dont work, then go for milk and cornbread ! LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88983 May 3, 2013
Good Morning Rapid. Yes we should give Thanks daily for all our little Blessings and not just the big things.
USDA

Columbia, KY

#88984 May 3, 2013
Your tax dollars at work! Really care..USDA and fish wildlife are killing our wildlife!
http://worldtruth.tv/usda-admits-exterminatin...
http://www.wildearthguardians.org/site/PageSe...

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88986 May 3, 2013
We got a sprinkle last night before bed, but it's sure breezy and cool this morning. No rain yebut I betcha it coming in!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88987 May 3, 2013
Anne wrote:
Good evening! What a glorious day it has been!! Misty, I think you know what I'm talking about ! Sigh... It's me who not only mows the lawn but I have to figure out how to put the mower wheel back on. At least I found the mower wheel so I could put it back on! Lol
Just try not let the stress get to you;) And if Hubby lets you get some hired help, go for it. Hopefully, you'll be together sooner than later and not have to worry about hunting a wheel.Yes, I do cut grass; breathing problems get to me so I take it slower and drink my tea of herbs. Wish you the best there. Work does the heart and body good, I know. You have a nice day:) The sunshine is beautiful. Hopefully, your Hubby gets to you soon;) You're a fine Lady and a pleasant commentator;)

Location hidden

#88988 May 3, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I took a late night walk with my dogs, and saw a glorious field full of lightning bugs. It was amazing..., mesmerizing, like a crow of people holding sparklers during a 4th of July celebration.

However, AW, there are dark beings (human, of course) on this planet just waiting to upset the natural order of God's intentions. I do no not dwell on these things, but my eyes are open, in order to protect myself and those whom I love. All I will say on the topic is this: Country folks will have more resources than the city folks. We have the capacity to hunt, fish, grow, and preserve food if need be. I do give one piece of advice, though. We cannot survive without clean water. Everyone should have a water purifier at their disposal, to maintain a clean water source, to protect us from something as innocuous as a temporary grid failure to a full-fledged terror attack. If you get only one item to prepare, please get a good water purifier. End of lecture. Now back to the more mundane, if you wish.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88989 May 3, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I took a late night walk with my dogs, and saw a glorious field full of lightning bugs. It was amazing..., mesmerizing, like a crow of people holding sparklers during a 4th of July celebration.
However, AW, there are dark beings (human, of course) on this planet just waiting to upset the natural order of God's intentions. I do no not dwell on these things, but my eyes are open, in order to protect myself and those whom I love. All I will say on the topic is this: Country folks will have more resources than the city folks. We have the capacity to hunt, fish, grow, and preserve food if need be. I do give one piece of advice, though. We cannot survive without clean water. Everyone should have a water purifier at their disposal, to maintain a clean water source, to protect us from something as innocuous as a temporary grid failure to a full-fledged terror attack. If you get only one item to prepare, please get a good water purifier. End of lecture. Now back to the more mundane, if you wish.
I agree with you on the water supply and I am adequately prepared. while I now have county supplied water, my homestead was built with a large cistern in one corner of the basement that I don't normally use but can if I need to. When I lived here as a youth, we had no electricity or running water, so I know how to deal with that. While an extended loss of either would be inconvenient, it is not critical to survival. I have a creek and spring water nearby for cleaning purposes. These are all things I considered when I came back to the country a few years ago. And you are right, country folks can survive better. Hank Jr. even had a song called "A Country Boy Can Survive".
Anne

United States

#88990 May 3, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> Haha ! java script and cookies huh , Try coffee and donuts instead ! and if that dont work, then go for milk and cornbread ! LOL
Lol. Ain't cha just too funny!! Lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88991 May 3, 2013
Ooo, it's windy out there.
Spamtrooper

London, KY

#88994 May 3, 2013
Bird is the word.
Pooperscooper

London, KY

#88995 May 3, 2013
B B B bird?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88996 May 3, 2013
Yes, indeed, Bird IS the word!!!

Location hidden

#88997 May 3, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the water supply and I am adequately prepared. while I now have county supplied water, my homestead was built with a large cistern in one corner of the basement that I don't normally use but can if I need to. When I lived here as a youth, we had no electricity or running water, so I know how to deal with that. While an extended loss of either would be inconvenient, it is not critical to survival. I have a creek and spring water nearby for cleaning purposes. These are all things I considered when I came back to the country a few years ago. And you are right, country folks can survive better. Hank Jr. even had a song called "A Country Boy Can Survive".
I agree with you, but I still think that a water purifier is essential. We have tons of toxic waste buried God knows where, and if toxins leach into a major aquifer, even the spring water is not safe. I'm not talking about things like the Brita water filters. No, these water purifiers can even filter urine into potable water (not that I'd want to try that). But a good purifier for several hundred dollars is well worth the investment). I'm saving for one now. We have springs on our property, as well as some riverfront on the back. But bodies of water can easily become polluted. Look what happens when there is a major disaster. Cholera is common, especially in undeveloped countries, but we are not immune. Think about it, anyway.

Location hidden

#88998 May 3, 2013
nice tan wrote:
<quoted text>
it's because the mundane topics you talk about gets boring after a while...admit it wolf, this thread was more active when I stirred the pot with the controversial conspiracy topics which you so despise. Why? because there is truth in what I said which made people uncomfortable, especially you as you were experiencing a psychological phenomenon known as "cognitive dissonance".
Hmmm... " cognitive dissonance." I did a research paper on just that topic when I was in grad school. It's an interesting concept and one that traps us all the time. Conspiracy theory is not conspiracy theory if it is true. Much of what you say has validity. I have done my own research for many years. But you would catch more "flies" with honey instead of getting into everyone's face. Even when you're right, do you notice how much you get discounted? I am not trying to be adversarial or to hurt your feelings. It's just not in my nature. I find some of your posts quite enlightening. I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism. Hope that you don't take offence. Discussing the mundane is not bad either. Balance is the key word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who's the best lay from the creek 35 min Hum 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 131,917
dinky phipps 1 hr school 1
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 1 hr concerned 11
Rickie smith from1304 3 hr Exfemale 12
Obama and the Democrats inciting violence again... 4 hr Jack 4
terry smith from the creek 6 hr answering 5
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 6 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 7 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal