Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,736

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88904 Apr 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Warm and cloudy. Just another day in Kentucky paradise.
I'd rather have sunny and hot, but otherwise, I agree. Beautiful weather in Kentucky, but the mild winters bring summers of lots of bugs. Heck, they grow so big, I could put a saddle on one of 'em.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88905 Apr 28, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather have sunny and hot, but otherwise, I agree. Beautiful weather in Kentucky, but the mild winters bring summers of lots of bugs. Heck, they grow so big, I could put a saddle on one of 'em.
I'm wondering if we will ever really get any of that Spring weather. I like the Winter but I am sick of it already.
Anne

United States

#88906 Apr 28, 2013
"Into every life a little rain must fall..." And
"It rains upon the just and the unjust..."
So true, so true! Today, finally, it did rain some then it headed towards the northeast..!
With all this rain going on I figured it'd be a good time to wash out the trash totes so at least they are much cleaner now!!
We fed the pond fish and did they ever like that! Jumping around like crazy. My grand daughter wanted to throw in a line to catch some but I talked her out of it. She helped stock the pond and remembers how small they were. Lots of good eatin' in there now!!!
Oh my lovely birds. Blamed outside cats have discovered a bluebird box. The picture of the black cat laying across the top of the box with his nose stuck in the opening...really great! But I need to put a guard on the post to keep him away from them . The outside cats were NOT my idea.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88907 Apr 28, 2013
@ Anne, the pic. of that cat would be great. They have their personalities that's for certain. I bet those birds are looking tasty;) Hehe. Your fish sound really good grilled. Yummy. I raised baby koi in a 55 gal. aquarium. I gave them away after one flipped over the side. They grew about a foot long. The mirrored one was just lovely! Anyway, I'd never had eaten my ornamental babies. I just wished the new owners had treated them properly. Within a month or so they died. I would like a pond one day. Maybe have some bass or trout.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88908 Apr 28, 2013
Eating healthier and walking briskly several miles a week has paid off:) 10 lb. off the Ol butt and gut. 10-15 more to go. With partner coming home after nine weeks, I am feeling frisky just like Tweety being chased by Sylvester.You Folks have a goodnight night; may peace find the ones who don't rest well.And to all the weary, troubled and ill souls out there my Blessings to you for a speedy recovery.Live,love,be merry.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88909 Apr 28, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO about the billboard. Great that Hubby is going back to go college. I regret having to drop out myself. Circumstances. Anyway, you all hang in there. It's difficult, but rewarding in the long run. Hope your plants are doing well. Nice to hear your good news;)
our frost this past week bit some of my beans but i planted so many in the bucket that i was more than sure i would have to thin them so really nature just saved me the trouble.... the rest are starting to climb a little. my peas and cabbage are doing great. i threw some watermelon seeds out on the hillside a few weeks ago but i haven't seen anything come out yet. hostas are already well on thier way to invading everything. verdict is still out on my peppers, some got sapped when i transplanted but i think i may get a few good looking ones out of it.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88910 Apr 28, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Guess we all need tarps like yours!! Lol
Those third shift days are rough. We lived with swing shift for too many years.
Congrats on the "back to school " decision! Classes will have their own challenge soon enough. I always enjoyed classroom time, but tests? Not so much!:-(
I'm afraid to look outside. Rain? Cold? I've got a small trip planned and just need to get up and do it. The light showing through the curtains is gray so not much hope for a sunshiny day..
im too chicken to leave the slogan on it so i spray painted over most of it before we got it tied on. knowing some of the locals out my way i would be afraid they would come with pitchforks and lanterns in an angry mob and torch it to the ground.

yes very excited about getting out of the third shift job! we have the craziest schedule and a lot of times he misses out on sleep to get things done. he has been at that job for six years and in the last three, you could really start to see it wearing on him in his hairline.

it will be a nice change to have him home at night and away during the day. last year he had to transfer to days for almost six months and got used to sunshine again so figured it would not be long since he had to switch back that i could finally talk him into school or he would be looking fir a new job. been trying to get him into it for years cause he gets to go for free using his g.i. bill entitlement, but he just never could decide what he wanted to do. im like.....go for political science for all i care! if you got a way to go for free...do it! we will be paying off my student loans for prolly twenty years or more! but im glad i didn't have to push and beg.... he will do better wanting to be there and it will be nice having him home at night.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88911 Apr 28, 2013
Great Betty. I have some late night chores. Have a good one. It sounds like your plants will do well overall. I wish you good luck with them;) Night.Give that melon time. When you notice sprouts, you'll be getting some goodies.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88912 Apr 28, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Eating healthier and walking briskly several miles a week has paid off:) 10 lb. off the Ol butt and gut. 10-15 more to go. With partner coming home after nine weeks, I am feeling frisky just like Tweety being chased by Sylvester.You Folks have a goodnight night; may peace find the ones who don't rest well.And to all the weary, troubled and ill souls out there my Blessings to you for a speedy recovery.Live,love,be merry.
nighty night misty!

have you a pool? or access to one? i have dropped twenty pounds a summer for the past two years just having fun splashing around...of course Thanksgiving and Christmas bring about half of that back...lol
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88913 Apr 28, 2013
guess i will call it a night also.... tomorrow will be one of those crazy days where i run around during my lunch and after work trying to beat the traffic to the electric company before it closes .... gotta love mondays!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88914 Apr 28, 2013
Good night people!
Anne

United States

#88915 Apr 28, 2013
betty wrote:
guess i will call it a night also.... tomorrow will be one of those crazy days where i run around during my lunch and after work trying to beat the traffic to the electric company before it closes .... gotta love mondays!
OMG!! My 'lecttic bill!!! Gotta get it paid!

G'nite all!!
Btw, when you painted over the words on the tarp, I hope you didn't paint a large bullseye! Lol
Ok. I'm getting silly. G'nite.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88916 Apr 29, 2013
For all the "Good Nights", Good Morning LOL

I wonder what project I can get into this week to justify my existence? Maybe I will go help that old 80 year old man repair some siding on his shanty.

If I just look around, I can surely find other ways to share my Blessings. The Senior Citizen's Center might be a good place to start looking and if I take the cook some eggs, she might have a treat for me and Dog. Wonder what day she will have apple turn-overs? or peach cobbler?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88917 Apr 29, 2013
Good Foggy morning!! Hope you all have a lovely day!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88918 Apr 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
For all the "Good Nights", Good Morning LOL
I wonder what project I can get into this week to justify my existence? Maybe I will go help that old 80 year old man repair some siding on his shanty.
If I just look around, I can surely find other ways to share my Blessings. The Senior Citizen's Center might be a good place to start looking and if I take the cook some eggs, she might have a treat for me and Dog. Wonder what day she will have apple turn-overs? or peach cobbler?
It's nice of you to help like that. Maybe, you'll get a tasty morsel after all. You deserve it;) I have babysat for free and done shopping for an older lady I know. It hasn't been much. However, I have two children at home so it's difficult to do much. I hope my prayers, thoughts and kindness Bless those who need them. I realize, they don't harm. Birds are excited this morning. Beautiful! You have a fine day, AW!
Anne

United States

#88920 Apr 29, 2013
Sheesh. That spinning class still does a number on me. I'm doing two classes this week and next so I should see some good results. If the class is done correctly it eats up about 500 calories!

Betty- it will be nice having him around for the evenings and nights! It's scary to be alone in bed at night when the neighbors dog walks around the corner of your house with its 20 chain scraping and thumping against the downspout . Lol
And Misty. My better half comes home this week also. He's been living 12 hours away for the better part of three years. He was home 3 weeks last year and has been home one week so far this year.:-(
Well, Roaming. At least we didn't go straight into hot summer this year. But I do wish our days were in the mid 70's! Lol
AW. So u ain't got nuthin ta do?? Come on over! Thursday n Friday my Amish worker and I ( and maybe my husband if he gets home) are setting this little shed up and putting on new siding and new roofing for these chickens we plan to get. I think it's going go be the case of the $100. apiece eggs! Lol
LMN

United States

#88921 Apr 29, 2013
No true

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88922 Apr 29, 2013
Hope you all had a good Monday! Mine was busy as usual. Hope the birds didn't eat all the seeds.
Anne

United States

#88923 Apr 29, 2013
My goodness! Time got away from us today! Hope everyone gets plenty of good rest tonight!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88926 Apr 29, 2013
Well, have a good night, bird threaders. I'm out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Mike Duquette 132,254
Looking for A Chorkie (Dog). 58 min Annonymous 1
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 1 hr LoL 6
Is Jesus a Zombie? 1 hr Mitt Romney 1
Brett 1 hr Wasted 9
teena Marie mills 1 hr Bitch 17
curtis 1 hr gator111 5
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 2 hr Earl 18
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE