Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
74,861 - 74,880 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Lol. Just read the last couple posts. One is 5 hours ago...about midnight..and the other is just a few minutes ago...5am. The " younger " of the two still up and going past midnight and the "older" of the two up and getting ready for the day so very early in the day !!
AW, I think that's how you get so much accomplished every day: you get up and get busy BEFORE the chickens! Lol. And you are a very romantic person... Moonlight and starlight . Lol
I like beaches and all but can't do a lot of sun or a lot of heat. Guess that's why I've always been partial to the woods and prefer going north for summer vacations!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Lol. Just read the last couple posts. One is 5 hours ago...about midnight..and the other is just a few minutes ago...5am. The " younger " of the two still up and going past midnight and the "older" of the two up and getting ready for the day so very early in the day !!
AW, I think that's how you get so much accomplished every day: you get up and get busy BEFORE the chickens! Lol. And you are a very romantic person... Moonlight and starlight . Lol
I like beaches and all but can't do a lot of sun or a lot of heat. Guess that's why I've always been partial to the woods and prefer going north for summer vacations!
Yes, I do get up and go early. I have already been out working on my deck with the porch light on. Good thing I live in the woods and have no neighbors and the rooster is ready to sing "Unchained Melody" anyways LOL

Beaches are nice at night time... the sounds of the surf, nighttime skies sparkling like diamonds on the water, a cool breeze caressing your face... that beats sweat dripping off your brow and burning your eyes and you can't even wipe away the sweat for fear of getting sand in your eyes.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Well, good morning and OH it's raining. Going to do that all day. Hope it's good for ya'll.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Well, good morning and OH it's raining. Going to do that all day. Hope it's good for ya'll.
Good Morning to you also. Let it rain. I got my acreage mowed yesterday and got in 2 hours worth of finishing up my new deck this morning even before daylight. Grandpa always said "Make hay while the sun shines" and "A Rolling stone gathers no moss". Now I can be couch potato, if I only had a couch. LOL
Nice tan flow

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Anne wrote:
I got up a little later than wolf at 6:30 but there's not much for me to do this early after coffee and walking the dogs.

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

****Big Stevie would like to preface this joke by dedicating it to the Ol' Possum. Yesterday morning, at 5:30, George Glen Jones passed away, at the ripe old age of 81. He was almost certainly the greatest country music singer in the history of that genre (Top 3, at least), and he will be greatly missed! As it happens, this was one of his favorite jokes, and it is thus that I honor him. Rest in peace, Possum! In the words of Tom T. Hall, "It could be that the Good Lord likes a little pickin', too!"****

One day a man is walking down the street when he sees an old man with a nice looking dog. He goes over to the man and asks, "Does your dog bite, sir?"

The old man replies, "No, never!"

Then, as the man bends down to stroke the dog, it immediately takes a snap at his hand.

Jumping back, the man says, "But sir, I thought you said your dog didn't bite!"

"I did, hoss," replies the old man, "But this here ain't my dog!"
The Sentinel

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

George Jones.......

Go Rest High On That Mountain

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
****Big Stevie would like to preface this joke by dedicating it to the Ol' Possum. Yesterday morning, at 5:30, George Glen Jones passed away, at the ripe old age of 81. He was almost certainly the greatest country music singer in the history of that genre (Top 3, at least), and he will be greatly missed! As it happens, this was one of his favorite jokes, and it is thus that I honor him. Rest in peace, Possum! In the words of Tom T. Hall, "It could be that the Good Lord likes a little pickin', too!"****
One day a man is walking down the street when he sees an old man with a nice looking dog. He goes over to the man and asks, "Does your dog bite, sir?"
The old man replies, "No, never!"
Then, as the man bends down to stroke the dog, it immediately takes a snap at his hand.
Jumping back, the man says, "But sir, I thought you said your dog didn't bite!"
"I did, hoss," replies the old man, "But this here ain't my dog!"
Although I have eclectic musical tastes, I agree that George Jones was one of the top country singers, with a career spanning decades. He's lucky to have lived to the ripe age of 81, given his long, and tough battles with alcohol. My favorite song of his is "He stopped loving her today."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, my fine feathered friends. It's a bit dreary, but the rain makes the flowers grow. Unfortunately, it makes the grass grow too. When I lived up in MA., I always longed for green grass, and could not achieve that goal, no matter what I did. New loam, fertilizer, liming, weed control...no matter what, my grass was straggly. When I came here 15 years ago, I loved the beautiful grass. But when it came time to mow, oh my gosh. You can almost hear it growing overnight. At the height of the season, it could really use cutting twice a week, but with so much to mow, we barely finish mowing, only having to start over again. Too much of a good thing. The moral is, be careful what you wish for.

The birds are out in full force this morning, finishing up the dogs' kibble from last night. I don't need to buy birdseed. They prefer my expensive dog food.

Hope everyone has a good day, and especially hope that Roaming has rest. I identify with that plight. Fell asleep at 3 in the morning, to awaken at 5. Went back to sleep an hour later, but woke up for good at 7. Oh, well. Have a good one, and I'll pop in later if I can.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Nice tan flow wrote:
<quoted text>
but you can't get a tan wearing blue jeans, a flannel shirt, and a hat. Hanging out at the pool or on the beach sipping a pina colada surrounded applying tanning lotion on beautiful women...now that's the way I like to 'work' on a tan. It's hard work but someone's got to do it ; )
LOL, only you would think of that....but hard work grows strong muscles which may make you more desirable to the ladies on the beach or at the poolside. Drink too many of those pina coladas and you will grow a nice belly. I sip them too but only once in awhile. The average pina colada has 600 to 800 calories each and you need to do a lot of exercise to burn off those calories.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
But at my age, my tanning method produces better results. LOL Beautiful women are not too interested in having lotion applied with stiff, arthritic hands that can't even hold on to a pina colada or a bottle of tanning lotion. Blue jeans and a flannel shirt also keeps sand from irritating the wrong places and a hot, sandy beach is about the last place that I want to be. LOL
Give me a cool, grassy meadow where you can lay on a blanket looking into a starlit sky and the faint glow of the moonlight won't highlight the fact that she is not so beautiful. Ugly women need love too and the competition is not all that great for her affections. LOL
Enjoy your youth while you can, it just does not last all that long.
How right you are. I know what you mean about the sand. LOL. Been there myself a few times when I lived fairly close to the ocean. But watch out for the blanket, and for gazing into a starlit sky. That activity has its own perils, namely CHIGGERS and TICKS. I do a full body check prior to taking my shower each night, after a few experiences of ticks venturing into unmentionable spots. Had one yesterday, and boy does that bite itch after the tick is removed. The itching is caused by the tick's injection of an enzyme just prior to sucking blood. The enzyme apparently liquifies tissue and thins blood so that they can feed more efficiently...just a piece of trivia to consider.

I believe that you are in the minority of men who truly appreciate women apart from physical beauty. Of course, looking at "eye candy" is fun, but you are able to look past that to inner beauty that people have. Kudos to you.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rained stopped my outdoor activities temporarily, but just long enough to catch up here. LOL

@OgLala... It amazes me as to how many men want and think they deserve a "Barbie", when they don't even slightly resemble a "ken" LOL

Sprinkles have now stopped, so I am back out until the next rain.
Go All A

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, only you would think of that....but hard work grows strong muscles which may make you more desirable to the ladies on the beach or at the poolside. Drink too many of those pina coladas and you will grow a nice belly. I sip them too but only once in awhile. The average pina colada has 600 to 800 calories each and you need to do a lot of exercise to burn off those calories.
how do you think I got myself in a position to qualify for this type of 'work'? You don't get to hang out with beautiful ladies sipping pina coladas unless you're sporting some decent abs...or have lots of money...or both. I get plenty of exercise too, btw. Have a four pack now, should have a six pack by the time summer rolls around ; )
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rain? What rain? Not a single drop yet today! But the clouds are there and it's windy so it's on the way. Guess i live further north east than the rest of you. I planted several pots of dark red petunias a few minutes ago and earlier took my grand kids to a horse barrel racing event. We stayed long enough to drink a soft drink and eat some chips. Can't you tell we really aren't horse people? Lol.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

The Sentinel wrote:
George Jones.......
Go Rest High On That Mountain
I'll drink to that.
BT nw O

Corcoran, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

I was walking on down the alley
When a face I've never seen
Came so from deep in the darkness
And his mouth came on real mean

And I saw that he'd been liquored
And he staggered up to -- you know -- he staggered up to his feet
And he said, "Boy, you'd better move real slow
And gimme your money please."
He said, "Gimme your money please."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Go All A wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you think I got myself in a position to qualify for this type of 'work'? You don't get to hang out with beautiful ladies sipping pina coladas unless you're sporting some decent abs...or have lots of money...or both. I get plenty of exercise too, btw. Have a four pack now, should have a six pack by the time summer rolls around ; )
Oh, my!Very nice!...and how old are you? Never mind, I have my sweet hubby, but it doesn't hurt to fantasize, now does it? LOL Only kidding. I'm getting over the hill for that stuff anyway, but I do remember.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Thunder and lightening tonight. Loving that!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Thunder and lightening tonight. Loving that!
No rain here all day till late this evening and even then it wasnt much. A little drizzle now. Probably wouldn't even need windshield wipers. A cool 58 degrees. I'm in for the night after wrapping up a late trip to Lowes for a gallon of deck stain.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
No rain here all day till late this evening and even then it wasnt much. A little drizzle now. Probably wouldn't even need windshield wipers. A cool 58 degrees. I'm in for the night after wrapping up a late trip to Lowes for a gallon of deck stain.
Well, with the lightening and thunder, comes some REALLY bad weather. Tornados in the Southern counties and in Tennessee. Hope it doesn't hurt anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min wtf 146,969
Corn for Sale 23 min gator 7
i miss my amy 37 min Amy 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Objective Onlooker 128,950
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 3 hr Hand Unloads 3
Dentist AJ Smith 3 hr Been there 3
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 3 hr Wildcat99 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••