Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,719

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88860 Apr 26, 2013
I liked his and Merle Haggard's "We must have been drunk when we said we would quit drinking". LOL Anyone remember that George got a DUI on a riding lawn mower? He had already lost his license and was riding his lawn mower into town.(or so the story goes)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88861 Apr 26, 2013
Oh I remember that. George Jones was definately one of alcohols best friends. Sad.
Rough Road

United States

#88863 Apr 26, 2013
George Jones -The Race Is on-written by: Don Rollins
Realistic

La Fayette, KY

#88864 Apr 26, 2013
RIP
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88865 Apr 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I liked his and Merle Haggard's "We must have been drunk when we said we would quit drinking". LOL Anyone remember that George got a DUI on a riding lawn mower? He had already lost his license and was riding his lawn mower into town.(or so the story goes)
Yep, AW, I heard he got on that mower twice. Wife wouldn't let him drive drunk.Lol. What a woman will do for her man;)

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88866 Apr 26, 2013
Well, have a good night ya'll. Going to be a rainy Saturday!
Tyuandu

Elizabethtown, KY

#88867 Apr 26, 2013
Eternal post. Good job guys.
Imposter

London, KY

#88869 Apr 26, 2013
We went to see the opossum one time, bought our tickets, went in and had a seat.....about an hour later they told us that George was not going to be there that night and that all tickets would be refunded on the way out of the stadium.
Old no show Jones..... I never tried to go to another show of his.

Lord knows I can relate to this old tune...
Nice tan flow

Logan, WV

#88870 Apr 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to "work" on my tan, I work on many outdoor projects all year round including cutting and stacking firewood in the winter. I take pride in not being "most people" and generally get plenty of fresh air, sunshine, and exercise. If I am lacking in anything, it is "couch potato" time. LOL
but you can't get a tan wearing blue jeans, a flannel shirt, and a hat. Hanging out at the pool or on the beach sipping a pina colada surrounded applying tanning lotion on beautiful women...now that's the way I like to 'work' on a tan. It's hard work but someone's got to do it ; )
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88871 Apr 27, 2013
Nice tan flow wrote:
<quoted text>
but you can't get a tan wearing blue jeans, a flannel shirt, and a hat. Hanging out at the pool or on the beach sipping a pina colada surrounded applying tanning lotion on beautiful women...now that's the way I like to 'work' on a tan. It's hard work but someone's got to do it ; )
But at my age, my tanning method produces better results. LOL Beautiful women are not too interested in having lotion applied with stiff, arthritic hands that can't even hold on to a pina colada or a bottle of tanning lotion. Blue jeans and a flannel shirt also keeps sand from irritating the wrong places and a hot, sandy beach is about the last place that I want to be. LOL
Give me a cool, grassy meadow where you can lay on a blanket looking into a starlit sky and the faint glow of the moonlight won't highlight the fact that she is not so beautiful. Ugly women need love too and the competition is not all that great for her affections. LOL
Enjoy your youth while you can, it just does not last all that long.
Anne

United States

#88872 Apr 27, 2013
Lol. Just read the last couple posts. One is 5 hours ago...about midnight..and the other is just a few minutes ago...5am. The " younger " of the two still up and going past midnight and the "older" of the two up and getting ready for the day so very early in the day !!
AW, I think that's how you get so much accomplished every day: you get up and get busy BEFORE the chickens! Lol. And you are a very romantic person... Moonlight and starlight . Lol
I like beaches and all but can't do a lot of sun or a lot of heat. Guess that's why I've always been partial to the woods and prefer going north for summer vacations!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88873 Apr 27, 2013
Anne wrote:
Lol. Just read the last couple posts. One is 5 hours ago...about midnight..and the other is just a few minutes ago...5am. The " younger " of the two still up and going past midnight and the "older" of the two up and getting ready for the day so very early in the day !!
AW, I think that's how you get so much accomplished every day: you get up and get busy BEFORE the chickens! Lol. And you are a very romantic person... Moonlight and starlight . Lol
I like beaches and all but can't do a lot of sun or a lot of heat. Guess that's why I've always been partial to the woods and prefer going north for summer vacations!
Yes, I do get up and go early. I have already been out working on my deck with the porch light on. Good thing I live in the woods and have no neighbors and the rooster is ready to sing "Unchained Melody" anyways LOL

Beaches are nice at night time... the sounds of the surf, nighttime skies sparkling like diamonds on the water, a cool breeze caressing your face... that beats sweat dripping off your brow and burning your eyes and you can't even wipe away the sweat for fear of getting sand in your eyes.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88874 Apr 27, 2013
Well, good morning and OH it's raining. Going to do that all day. Hope it's good for ya'll.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88875 Apr 27, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Well, good morning and OH it's raining. Going to do that all day. Hope it's good for ya'll.
Good Morning to you also. Let it rain. I got my acreage mowed yesterday and got in 2 hours worth of finishing up my new deck this morning even before daylight. Grandpa always said "Make hay while the sun shines" and "A Rolling stone gathers no moss". Now I can be couch potato, if I only had a couch. LOL
Nice tan flow

Logan, WV

#88876 Apr 27, 2013
Anne wrote:
I got up a little later than wolf at 6:30 but there's not much for me to do this early after coffee and walking the dogs.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#88877 Apr 27, 2013
****Big Stevie would like to preface this joke by dedicating it to the Ol' Possum. Yesterday morning, at 5:30, George Glen Jones passed away, at the ripe old age of 81. He was almost certainly the greatest country music singer in the history of that genre (Top 3, at least), and he will be greatly missed! As it happens, this was one of his favorite jokes, and it is thus that I honor him. Rest in peace, Possum! In the words of Tom T. Hall, "It could be that the Good Lord likes a little pickin', too!"****

One day a man is walking down the street when he sees an old man with a nice looking dog. He goes over to the man and asks, "Does your dog bite, sir?"

The old man replies, "No, never!"

Then, as the man bends down to stroke the dog, it immediately takes a snap at his hand.

Jumping back, the man says, "But sir, I thought you said your dog didn't bite!"

"I did, hoss," replies the old man, "But this here ain't my dog!"
The Sentinel

United States

#88878 Apr 27, 2013
George Jones.......

Go Rest High On That Mountain

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88879 Apr 27, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
****Big Stevie would like to preface this joke by dedicating it to the Ol' Possum. Yesterday morning, at 5:30, George Glen Jones passed away, at the ripe old age of 81. He was almost certainly the greatest country music singer in the history of that genre (Top 3, at least), and he will be greatly missed! As it happens, this was one of his favorite jokes, and it is thus that I honor him. Rest in peace, Possum! In the words of Tom T. Hall, "It could be that the Good Lord likes a little pickin', too!"****
One day a man is walking down the street when he sees an old man with a nice looking dog. He goes over to the man and asks, "Does your dog bite, sir?"
The old man replies, "No, never!"
Then, as the man bends down to stroke the dog, it immediately takes a snap at his hand.
Jumping back, the man says, "But sir, I thought you said your dog didn't bite!"
"I did, hoss," replies the old man, "But this here ain't my dog!"
Although I have eclectic musical tastes, I agree that George Jones was one of the top country singers, with a career spanning decades. He's lucky to have lived to the ripe age of 81, given his long, and tough battles with alcohol. My favorite song of his is "He stopped loving her today."

Location hidden

#88880 Apr 27, 2013
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. It's a bit dreary, but the rain makes the flowers grow. Unfortunately, it makes the grass grow too. When I lived up in MA., I always longed for green grass, and could not achieve that goal, no matter what I did. New loam, fertilizer, liming, weed control...no matter what, my grass was straggly. When I came here 15 years ago, I loved the beautiful grass. But when it came time to mow, oh my gosh. You can almost hear it growing overnight. At the height of the season, it could really use cutting twice a week, but with so much to mow, we barely finish mowing, only having to start over again. Too much of a good thing. The moral is, be careful what you wish for.

The birds are out in full force this morning, finishing up the dogs' kibble from last night. I don't need to buy birdseed. They prefer my expensive dog food.

Hope everyone has a good day, and especially hope that Roaming has rest. I identify with that plight. Fell asleep at 3 in the morning, to awaken at 5. Went back to sleep an hour later, but woke up for good at 7. Oh, well. Have a good one, and I'll pop in later if I can.

Location hidden

#88881 Apr 27, 2013
Nice tan flow wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, only you would think of that....but hard work grows strong muscles which may make you more desirable to the ladies on the beach or at the poolside. Drink too many of those pina coladas and you will grow a nice belly. I sip them too but only once in awhile. The average pina colada has 600 to 800 calories each and you need to do a lot of exercise to burn off those calories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Historicallyspeaking 131,855
Need food badly 1 hr Keep trying 24
truck payments 1 hr hunter 9
city of barbourville 1 hr Three losers 15
Rats?? just wondering 2 hr pacman 4
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 3 hr yea 2
hp laptop 4 hr travis 15
Porsche mills 8 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick