Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
74,801 - 74,820 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
adair ya

AOL

#88807 Apr 24, 2013
i would like to grow some hogweed ,...but its very hard to find the seeds

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#88808 Apr 24, 2013
change wrote:
Moody weather will only allow you get so much overdue maintenance done after the climate change came in.
can't do nothing with mother nature she's the boss.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88809 Apr 24, 2013
someone is on a roll with their negative icons.. roll on, have fun. LOL I plan to regardless of what others might think regarding my postings.
Anne

United States

#88810 Apr 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not need the rain at all. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for my corn field to dry out enough to plant corn. It also stopped my deck building (can't run electric saws or cut lumber that is wet) and also stopped my grass cutting, but it did not stop my nap or the load of dirty work clothes in the washer LOL
Welllllll, other than the rain watering my newly planted things, it pushed the fencing job back and totally postponed putting in the concrete culvert that was delivered today. so I understand what your saying. Last year the Amish guy that was working for me had a chisel slip out of his tool belt. Went straight down and sliced the extension cord in half!!! Talk about sparks flying!!! Regular 4th of July !!! Lol

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#88811 Apr 24, 2013
adair ya wrote:
if it vibrates ,..
the blade might be loose or bent ,....
check it out ,...
as it might just fly off and hurt somebody
be a good idea before the grand-daughter uses the mower.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88812 Apr 24, 2013
adair ya wrote:
i would like to grow some hogweed ,...but its very hard to find the seeds
Ahh, if they can grow it on University campuses for selling, it wouldn't be difficult to find if it was legal for all states. Hehehe. There's several pretty kinds I'd like to grow;)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88813 Apr 24, 2013
Ah another good day...hope you all have a good night too.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88814 Apr 24, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Ah another good day...hope you all have a good night too.
Good night to you as well. Hope your mama is in better health. Looking forward to the better days ahead. Fingers crossed;);)
adair ya

AOL

#88815 Apr 24, 2013
they say hogweed can be found along the highways in mid state Indiana ,...
i am sure it grows s some where in Adair co too
Shame

Duluth, GA

#88816 Apr 24, 2013
Why are these animals aren't just dying in
thank you

Columbia, KY

#88817 Apr 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
When working on a mower in the blade area, first remove the spark plug wire so the thing won't start and if turning the mower up to look or replace the blade, turn it with the carbuerator side up. If that side is down, oil will run into the carbuerator and create a smoke screen when and if you restart it.
thank you for this good advice. I was just looking at the decency of the people on this thread and saw your tidbit of advice just when i was about to do this for the first time - and quite a bit ignorant of mechanics,so thanks!
Hulabula

United States

#88818 Apr 24, 2013
It's got to be Bush!
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#88819 Apr 24, 2013
adair ya wrote:
they say hogweed can be found along the highways in mid state Indiana ,...
i am sure it grows s some where in Adair co too
I'm a Hoosier!! So hogweed grows in Indiana? Surely then I've seen it. I remember horse weeds, but not hogweed. I looked at hogweed images o line and it seems to be a little familiar. Too long ago

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88820 Apr 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Good night to you as well. Hope your mama is in better health. Looking forward to the better days ahead. Fingers crossed;);)
Thanks! Both her and dad are okay right now. You never know what's going to happen. It's cold here this morning!! Brr!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88821 Apr 25, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Welllllll, other than the rain watering my newly planted things, it pushed the fencing job back and totally postponed putting in the concrete culvert that was delivered today. so I understand what your saying. Last year the Amish guy that was working for me had a chisel slip out of his tool belt. Went straight down and sliced the extension cord in half!!! Talk about sparks flying!!! Regular 4th of July !!! Lol
I did that when I cut the cord to our electric hedge trimmer. Good thing it happened so fast or I might have been fried. Yikes. I've always been a bit of a klutz.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88822 Apr 25, 2013
Good morning my fine feathered friends. My birds are multiplying. Looks like an Alfred Hitchcock movie around here. I have to feed my outside dogs at night, or the birds eat the kibble faster than they do. I was thinking of AW yesterday, when I saw two young does grazing in the side yard. Beautiful. I also saw a different sight as hubby and I drove home on our little country road. It is not unusual to see vultures and turkey buzzards around here, and you have to be careful so slow down if they are in the road. They don't move quickly and risk becoming road kill along with the lunch they are eating. One BIG bird took a slow lift off and fired away, literally, as he took offense at our disturbing his meal, just missing the windshield.(What goes in the body, ultimately comes out the other end). Bombs Away!!!
Sad

United States

#88823 Apr 25, 2013
This is sad
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#88824 Apr 25, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning my fine feathered friends. My birds are multiplying. Looks like an Alfred Hitchcock movie around here. I have to feed my outside dogs at night, or the birds eat the kibble faster than they do. I was thinking of AW yesterday, when I saw two young does grazing in the side yard. Beautiful. I also saw a different sight as hubby and I drove home on our little country road. It is not unusual to see vultures and turkey buzzards around here, and you have to be careful so slow down if they are in the road. They don't move quickly and risk becoming road kill along with the lunch they are eating. One BIG bird took a slow lift off and fired away, literally, as he took offense at our disturbing his meal, just missing the windshield.(What goes in the body, ultimately comes out the other end). Bombs Away!!!
A near miss. Lol. Sure makes an interesting couple of minutes!!! Lol. My car was in the shop and I was driving a rental van. On my way home with a quarter of a mile to go, a large wild turkey flew up out of the side ditch and committed suicide on the grill of the rental van.$1800.00 damage. Lol.( it WAS rather crazy )
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#88829 Apr 25, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
A near miss. Lol. Sure makes an interesting couple of minutes!!! Lol. My car was in the shop and I was driving a rental van. On my way home with a quarter of a mile to go, a large wild turkey flew up out of the side ditch and committed suicide on the grill of the rental van.$1800.00 damage. Lol.( it WAS rather crazy )
Do not drink WildTurkey while driving ! HaHaHa! Who would throw a perfectly good bottle of WildTurkey in the ditch ? LoL
hogweed

AOL

#88830 Apr 25, 2013
hogweed an grow to well over 10 feet tall ,..
dont get the sap on your skin ,...
dont eat it ,....
dont feed it to livestock ,..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min DITCH MITCH 151,454
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min truth 2,056
City councilman raising property Tax Next 10 min Really 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min ChromiuMan 130,611
This site makes Knox County people look like ch... (Sep '08) 30 min rude 5
Grocery shopping (Sep '08) 36 min shopping 2
Glazed apple bars (Sep '08) 38 min yummy 3
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search