Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,741)

Showing posts 74,801 - 74,820 of81,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice.. I had to lift the mower up with the tractor and a chain to look if there was a stick wedged. I will remember to remove the spark plug next time I'm under there. I don't know anything about the other so will have to have the smoke screen . Lol. I know my mower blades could stand to be sharpened but that's beyond my skills.:-(
Next mechanical guy that comes along ...lol
The carbuerator is usually on the same side where a rubber hose feeds from the gas tank. When tilting, that side should always be tilted up. If you hoisted the mower with the tractor and chain, then it was probably level. The smoke screen is not the only problem with improper tilting. Oil can get into the carbuerator jets and clog them and the mower won't run very well and sometimes not at all.

Many years ago, some shops would straighten bent crank shafts, but I don't know anyone that does that any more. We have become a disposable society.
RED adair

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

tony wrote:
This topic is too stupid
NOOooooo ----
YOUurrr stupid !

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

tony wrote:
This topic is too stupid
Wll, then, leave. We don't care if you think it's stupid. Don't let the Topix door hit you in the azz on the way out.
bees will bees

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

When I was a kid mowing grandpa's yard. In the back by the shed almost got in a yellow jacket nest. Seen it just in time to avoid the sting.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Rain. Rain. Yep. Just what we needed! Relieved I don't have to resort to watering the bushes and newly planted trees yet!!!
Speaking of bees. Last summer I ran over a nest of the ground bees. It was an exciting few minutes and I mowed around them the rest of the summer. Respect. I have a lot of respect for them.
The Sentinel

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone know where I can find chamomile seeds or plants? Last year along with herbs I grew every kind of hot pepper I could find..lol..This year I want to make and put up my own teas.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Rain. Rain. Yep. Just what we needed! Relieved I don't have to resort to watering the bushes and newly planted trees yet!!!
Speaking of bees. Last summer I ran over a nest of the ground bees. It was an exciting few minutes and I mowed around them the rest of the summer. Respect. I have a lot of respect for them.
I did not need the rain at all. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for my corn field to dry out enough to plant corn. It also stopped my deck building (can't run electric saws or cut lumber that is wet) and also stopped my grass cutting, but it did not stop my nap or the load of dirty work clothes in the washer LOL

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Really cooled off here. Wish it had stayed in the 60's like this morning.
Ah well.
change

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Moody weather will only allow you get so much overdue maintenance done after the climate change came in.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Hey ! How have all you yardbirds been doing? WELL, I hope. for me, it's been a busy spring. between fenceing,plowing,planting,and all the other springtime chores, I've barely had time to turkey hunt and look for noodles [mushrooms] hickory chickens, dry land fish. But I did manage to take one tom turkey,and have found about four pounds of noodles so far. My My, what tasty meals I've had.[thanks to the good Lord that provided]Mmmmm golden brown! Love my fried stuff. Found about two pounds of the big white ones yesterday, some big as coffee cups! having some of them for supper tonight along with some deer tender loin,baked potato, greasy-beans out the garden, homony, corn bread, and for desert,,blackberry dumplin's. got a good start on it with some thawing, some soak'n in salt water, but got alot of breading and cooking to do so I'd better jump off here and get busy! Just wanted to say howdy, Soooo HOWDY !!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
When working on a mower in the blade area, first remove the spark plug wire so the thing won't start and if turning the mower up to look or replace the blade, turn it with the carbuerator side up. If that side is down, oil will run into the carbuerator and create a smoke screen when and if you restart it.
Thanks, AW. It has a brand new mulching blade on it. I learned how to put one of those on several years ago;) It hit a stump. Could it be something else though? It vibrates badly. Thanks though. Probably will have to get it repaired. I can change oil and blades. The in depth mechanics is not my forte. Lol. I appreciate your responses;) Glad to see you are working on this and that. Hope Dog is doing as well.Rainy here. Will do my mowing as soon as the yard dries out.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

The Sentinel wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find chamomile seeds or plants? Last year along with herbs I grew every kind of hot pepper I could find..lol..This year I want to make and put up my own teas.
www. Alchemyworks- seeds.com . You might need to find under Alchemy Works. Harold is a guy in New York. Look under seeds; he has chamomile seeds, a German variety. I bought nasturtium and nightshade seeds from him. Great place to shop. Hope it helps;)
adair ya

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

if it vibrates ,..
the blade might be loose or bent ,....
check it out ,...
as it might just fly off and hurt somebody
adair ya

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

i would like to grow some hogweed ,...but its very hard to find the seeds

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

change wrote:
Moody weather will only allow you get so much overdue maintenance done after the climate change came in.
can't do nothing with mother nature she's the boss.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

someone is on a roll with their negative icons.. roll on, have fun. LOL I plan to regardless of what others might think regarding my postings.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not need the rain at all. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for my corn field to dry out enough to plant corn. It also stopped my deck building (can't run electric saws or cut lumber that is wet) and also stopped my grass cutting, but it did not stop my nap or the load of dirty work clothes in the washer LOL
Welllllll, other than the rain watering my newly planted things, it pushed the fencing job back and totally postponed putting in the concrete culvert that was delivered today. so I understand what your saying. Last year the Amish guy that was working for me had a chisel slip out of his tool belt. Went straight down and sliced the extension cord in half!!! Talk about sparks flying!!! Regular 4th of July !!! Lol

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

adair ya wrote:
if it vibrates ,..
the blade might be loose or bent ,....
check it out ,...
as it might just fly off and hurt somebody
be a good idea before the grand-daughter uses the mower.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

adair ya wrote:
i would like to grow some hogweed ,...but its very hard to find the seeds
Ahh, if they can grow it on University campuses for selling, it wouldn't be difficult to find if it was legal for all states. Hehehe. There's several pretty kinds I'd like to grow;)

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ah another good day...hope you all have a good night too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,801 - 74,820 of81,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

87 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Libertarian 122,710
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Blazing Saddles will ride 138,641
Kenny Turner (Dec '09) 15 min cheater 8
Brian Hamilton In Jail again 1 hr Reject 2
Anti-NRA Protesters 2 hr guss the Tinkerbelle 10
Morgan Grant is in the slammer for 2 months 4 hr Yabba Dabba Doo 1
burgerking and walmart 6 hr gator catcher 4
Corey vs. Collins 11 hr Student 50
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••