Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,658

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
gods wrath

Cincinnati, OH

#88783 Apr 23, 2013
End of times. Birds falling from the sky, bird flu, earthquakes, diseases, wars and rumors of wars, greed, pleasure seeking people, lairs, thiefs, disobedient to parents, unthankful, cruel, without natural affection. What do you except? Laugh and hate all you want. The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob will judge. Come to God while you still can he loves you.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88784 Apr 24, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> My mower needs an idol sensor. It shakes me all over the yard. Lol. On a better note, it gets the job done. I also have a little rose bush. The guy who cut grass last year stepped on it. It is barely hanging in there. The heavenly blue forget- me- nots are doing splendidly though;) as well as the basil.
Typically, the shaking in a lawn mower has nothing to do with idlers, but more often a bent blade. Check your blade. It can sometimes be taken off and straightened and resharpened, but easier to just buy a new one for about $15. You can take the old blade with you to get the correct match for the mower.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88785 Apr 24, 2013
When working on a mower in the blade area, first remove the spark plug wire so the thing won't start and if turning the mower up to look or replace the blade, turn it with the carbuerator side up. If that side is down, oil will run into the carbuerator and create a smoke screen when and if you restart it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#88786 Apr 24, 2013
When you change the old lawn mower blade don't leave the old one laying in the grass for the push mower to run over could be tragedy waitng to happen.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88787 Apr 24, 2013
Nice rain this morning. Nothing severe, and it's still pretty warm.
Anne

United States

#88788 Apr 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically, the shaking in a lawn mower has nothing to do with idlers, but more often a bent blade. Check your blade. It can sometimes be taken off and straightened and resharpened, but easier to just buy a new one for about $15. You can take the old blade with you to get the correct match for the mower.
Good advice.. I had to lift the mower up with the tractor and a chain to look if there was a stick wedged. I will remember to remove the spark plug next time I'm under there. I don't know anything about the other so will have to have the smoke screen . Lol. I know my mower blades could stand to be sharpened but that's beyond my skills.:-(
Next mechanical guy that comes along ...lol
tony

United States

#88789 Apr 24, 2013
This topic is too stupid
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88790 Apr 24, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice.. I had to lift the mower up with the tractor and a chain to look if there was a stick wedged. I will remember to remove the spark plug next time I'm under there. I don't know anything about the other so will have to have the smoke screen . Lol. I know my mower blades could stand to be sharpened but that's beyond my skills.:-(
Next mechanical guy that comes along ...lol
The carbuerator is usually on the same side where a rubber hose feeds from the gas tank. When tilting, that side should always be tilted up. If you hoisted the mower with the tractor and chain, then it was probably level. The smoke screen is not the only problem with improper tilting. Oil can get into the carbuerator jets and clog them and the mower won't run very well and sometimes not at all.

Many years ago, some shops would straighten bent crank shafts, but I don't know anyone that does that any more. We have become a disposable society.
RED adair

AOL

#88791 Apr 24, 2013
tony wrote:
This topic is too stupid
NOOooooo ----
YOUurrr stupid !

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88792 Apr 24, 2013
tony wrote:
This topic is too stupid
Wll, then, leave. We don't care if you think it's stupid. Don't let the Topix door hit you in the azz on the way out.
bees will bees

United States

#88793 Apr 24, 2013
When I was a kid mowing grandpa's yard. In the back by the shed almost got in a yellow jacket nest. Seen it just in time to avoid the sting.
Anne

United States

#88794 Apr 24, 2013
Rain. Rain. Yep. Just what we needed! Relieved I don't have to resort to watering the bushes and newly planted trees yet!!!
Speaking of bees. Last summer I ran over a nest of the ground bees. It was an exciting few minutes and I mowed around them the rest of the summer. Respect. I have a lot of respect for them.
The Sentinel

United States

#88798 Apr 24, 2013
Does anyone know where I can find chamomile seeds or plants? Last year along with herbs I grew every kind of hot pepper I could find..lol..This year I want to make and put up my own teas.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88799 Apr 24, 2013
Anne wrote:
Rain. Rain. Yep. Just what we needed! Relieved I don't have to resort to watering the bushes and newly planted trees yet!!!
Speaking of bees. Last summer I ran over a nest of the ground bees. It was an exciting few minutes and I mowed around them the rest of the summer. Respect. I have a lot of respect for them.
I did not need the rain at all. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for my corn field to dry out enough to plant corn. It also stopped my deck building (can't run electric saws or cut lumber that is wet) and also stopped my grass cutting, but it did not stop my nap or the load of dirty work clothes in the washer LOL

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88801 Apr 24, 2013
Really cooled off here. Wish it had stayed in the 60's like this morning.
Ah well.
change

United States

#88802 Apr 24, 2013
Moody weather will only allow you get so much overdue maintenance done after the climate change came in.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#88803 Apr 24, 2013
Hey ! How have all you yardbirds been doing? WELL, I hope. for me, it's been a busy spring. between fenceing,plowing,planting,and all the other springtime chores, I've barely had time to turkey hunt and look for noodles [mushrooms] hickory chickens, dry land fish. But I did manage to take one tom turkey,and have found about four pounds of noodles so far. My My, what tasty meals I've had.[thanks to the good Lord that provided]Mmmmm golden brown! Love my fried stuff. Found about two pounds of the big white ones yesterday, some big as coffee cups! having some of them for supper tonight along with some deer tender loin,baked potato, greasy-beans out the garden, homony, corn bread, and for desert,,blackberry dumplin's. got a good start on it with some thawing, some soak'n in salt water, but got alot of breading and cooking to do so I'd better jump off here and get busy! Just wanted to say howdy, Soooo HOWDY !!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88804 Apr 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
When working on a mower in the blade area, first remove the spark plug wire so the thing won't start and if turning the mower up to look or replace the blade, turn it with the carbuerator side up. If that side is down, oil will run into the carbuerator and create a smoke screen when and if you restart it.
Thanks, AW. It has a brand new mulching blade on it. I learned how to put one of those on several years ago;) It hit a stump. Could it be something else though? It vibrates badly. Thanks though. Probably will have to get it repaired. I can change oil and blades. The in depth mechanics is not my forte. Lol. I appreciate your responses;) Glad to see you are working on this and that. Hope Dog is doing as well.Rainy here. Will do my mowing as soon as the yard dries out.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88805 Apr 24, 2013
The Sentinel wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find chamomile seeds or plants? Last year along with herbs I grew every kind of hot pepper I could find..lol..This year I want to make and put up my own teas.
www. Alchemyworks- seeds.com . You might need to find under Alchemy Works. Harold is a guy in New York. Look under seeds; he has chamomile seeds, a German variety. I bought nasturtium and nightshade seeds from him. Great place to shop. Hope it helps;)
adair ya

AOL

#88806 Apr 24, 2013
if it vibrates ,..
the blade might be loose or bent ,....
check it out ,...
as it might just fly off and hurt somebody

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min KY sugar tits 7,002
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Tom in town 155,257
Chamges to Topix? 20 min Not interested 3
I hate 19 kids and counting (Mar '10) 24 min D_Brews95 44
knox board of ed raising taxes 38 min Mad Tax Payer 108
Lost Dog 41 min Answer 1
campbell vs smith for sheriff 42 min lol 21

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]