Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#88742 Apr 21, 2013
Watch who is pushing the jug...

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#88743 Apr 21, 2013
I read the following paragraph online today and thought it was quite appropriate for this weeks happenings...
(If I could find out who it was, I'd give them HUGE kudos for this statement):

~~~~~~~~~~

"The INTERNET is not a 'single' source for information. It is an interconnected network with BILLIONS of sources..

MASS MEDIA is owned by a handful of multinational corporations with VESTED interests..

You can research information for yourself from multiple sources, then correlate that information to reach a conclusion of your own. Or you can blindly accept what you read or hear from these media outlets by never questioning what you are told, consequently giving yourself a false sense of "reality".

Do you actually KNOW what you THINK you know, or have you been programmed to accept someone elses version of events?"

~~~~~~~~~~

My take on the above statement is this: If you take time to think, you might find yourself questioning. When you question, you might find yourself starting to reason. When you start to reason, you'll probably discover that you've found some major faults in what we're spoon fed daily my these very same media outlets....
_-_Nope_-_
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88744 Apr 22, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~
My take on the above statement is this: If you take time to think, you might find yourself questioning. When you question, you might find yourself starting to reason. When you start to reason, you'll probably discover that you've found some major faults in what we're spoon fed daily my these very same media outlets....
_-_Nope_-_
That is exactly why I watch the events as they unfold, but as soon as the media begins to try to analyze and offer up or sway opinions as opposed to just reporting the news, I go watch Gunsmoke and Andy Griffieth. LOL I don't watch any of those "panels" where everyone is yelling to see who can out talk someone else. That is not news at all. I don't allow myself to be "spoon fed" but can easily just spit it out. I find that a good deal of the internet is also just opinions and can easily be ignored to go be involved in some real life activities. And now it is getting daylight and I can go do just that. Hello real world.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88745 Apr 22, 2013
Well, getting ready to go to work. It's going to be in the 70's today. SO wish I could stay home!!

Location hidden

#88746 Apr 22, 2013
Daily Horoscope for April 22

Relate...

Libra
The changing Moon in your twelfth house of secrets and solitude signals time to shift gears. This is your lunar low cycle, so take the time to slow down and reflect on the past month's events. Recharge your spiritual batteries and participate in activities that soothe your soul. Go for prayer, meditation, and recuperation. Don't push yourself.

Pisces
This is a good time to touch base with your closest associates. You'll need to pay attention to your partner, mate, or best friend's needs before the heat gets turned up tomorrow. Just spending a half hour of precious time together can help clear up any potential misunderstandings.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88747 Apr 22, 2013
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike most, you are at least aware that the mainstream media is taking full advantage of these tragic events to sell an agenda. That agenda is to strike fear in the minds and hearts of the general population. Why? because the media is owned and controlled by the powerful elite that run this country...by instilling fear, they gain more control and are able to take away more of our Constitutional rights as the sheeple willingly give up liberties for security. That's why after 9/11, the Patriot Act and the NDAA was easily passed without any effort and why we submit to intrusive pat downs by the TSA. The people of Boston were under a lockdown for two days and willingly submitted to this martial law while over 9000 federal and state law enforcement officers were searching for a wounded 19 year old. This was just a test to see how frightened people will respond to marital law, and it was a resounding success.
Rahm Emanuel, former White House chief of staff to president Obama once said "you never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before"...like taking away our constitutional rights. Now I believe there are forces within our very own government that have gone a step further by creating these crisis events in order to fulfill the agenda of the power elite that control this country.
The process to which you refer is called the Hegelian dialectic (for those interested, just google the term and you will find a wealth of information. By the way, we have lost many of our rights as citizens, and since the Patriot Act and NDAA, we continue to lose more and more, as people 'look to the government' for protection. We are already under a soft form of martial law, and if strict gun laws are enacted, we will certainly be under the government's thumb.
pitbullsheet

AOL

#88748 Apr 22, 2013
more contrails ,.....

Location hidden

#88749 Apr 22, 2013
owl wrote:
A must read for everyone about the Boston massacre:
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/04/19/bosto...
especially the video with Lt. Col. Potter
I suspect that you have it right. When I first heard the story of the "person of interest," there was reporting that this person smelled of gunpowder, had burns on his face, and was making suspicious comments. Bystanders became very suspicious, the news reporter stated, and when questioned, he started to run. According to the same newscast, the person of interest was tackled by citizens and police were called. All of a sudden, this person of interest disappeared from the news. Nothing more. Hubby told me that he later heard one last statement, and that the person of interest had connections with a wealthy Saudi family, and was sent back on a plane. The whole episode was curious, to say the least. I know that people will think that I am a nutty conspiracy theorist, but I'm just reporting what I heard on mainstream news, as the events were unfolding. Like AW, I don't put much stock in discussion panels, but I am aware of how easily Americans can be duped, especially since we have been "dumbed down" over the last two decades.

Location hidden

#88750 Apr 22, 2013
pitbullsheet wrote:
more contrails ,.....
Well, we'll see what happens in the next year or two. By the way, the Federal Reserve, which is not part of the government, is manipulating the price of gold, sending the market downward. Actually, they are flooding the market with gold certificates. Watch what happens when the value of the dollar flushes down a giant sinkhole. See what we are able to afford then, especially those of us who are on fixed income.

Location hidden

#88751 Apr 22, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Watch who is pushing the jug...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_dl2L4v6ecMXX
Great movie and sound track. Laughed my azz off on the spin on the Sirens in the Odyssee.
Go All A

Clay City, KY

#88752 Apr 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
The process to which you refer is called the Hegelian dialectic (for those interested, just google the term and you will find a wealth of information. By the way, we have lost many of our rights as citizens, and since the Patriot Act and NDAA, we continue to lose more and more, as people 'look to the government' for protection. We are already under a soft form of martial law, and if strict gun laws are enacted, we will certainly be under the government's thumb.
yes I am very familiar with the Hegelian dialectic (problem-reaction-solution) in fact I introduced the subject to OJG and Abeliever when we had our conspiracy discussions which started almost two years ago.

Location hidden

#88754 Apr 22, 2013
Go All A wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I am very familiar with the Hegelian dialectic (problem-reaction-solution) in fact I introduced the subject to OJG and Abeliever when we had our conspiracy discussions which started almost two years ago.
What's with the peanuts and empty light bulbs? I said essentially the SAME thing, and didn't get the same reaction. Let's be fair, folks....OWL, it gets 'curiouser' and 'curiouser'.... Listen closely to the discrepancies. Even a CNN reporter got thrown under the bus today.
knox

United States

#88756 Apr 22, 2013
@AW don't run of now.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#88757 Apr 22, 2013
TraceNod wrote:
I give you the nod to go old school on Nope...I don't trust anyone who tries to sell the official propaganda
Sybil, I am a big advocate of free speech and feel that everyone you included has the right to say whatever they want to say. The censorship that goes on here is pretty ridiculous.

Location hidden

#88758 Apr 22, 2013
DontCare wrote:
<quoted text>Sybil, I am a big advocate of free speech and feel that everyone you included has the right to say whatever they want to say. The censorship that goes on here is pretty ridiculous.
I agree as well. I say what I want, and hope that others do so as well.

Location hidden

#88759 Apr 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly why I watch the events as they unfold, but as soon as the media begins to try to analyze and offer up or sway opinions as opposed to just reporting the news, I go watch Gunsmoke and Andy Griffieth. LOL I don't watch any of those "panels" where everyone is yelling to see who can out talk someone else. That is not news at all. I don't allow myself to be "spoon fed" but can easily just spit it out. I find that a good deal of the internet is also just opinions and can easily be ignored to go be involved in some real life activities. And now it is getting daylight and I can go do just that. Hello real world.
Luke 20
King James Version (KJV)

8 And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

9 Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard, and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time.

10 And at the season he sent a servant to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty.

11 And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully, and sent him away empty.

12 And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out.

13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.

14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#88760 Apr 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree as well. I say what I want, and hope that others do so as well.
Absolutely

Location hidden

#88761 Apr 22, 2013
Misleading younger generations is wrong. God has a word in that.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88762 Apr 22, 2013
knox wrote:
@AW don't run of now.
I have not run off, just enjoyed a really busy outdoors work day and will do the same tomorrow. Have a good night.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88763 Apr 22, 2013
Just another beautiful day! Hope you all enjoyed it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No more old way cafe!!! 3 hr truth 30
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Anonymous 131,479
Barbourville utilities 5 hr programmer 3
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 5 hr THE TRUTH 5
Brett Ledford 6 hr maybe 8
I need the best car accident lawyer in town 7 hr Hey 10
is jackson manor apartments good place to live? 8 hr Bystander 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 9 hr Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match