Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,732

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88592 Apr 15, 2013
Two other exploding devices were found. Fortunately, they didn't explode.
@ Nope, sure glad your little Sis is safe. Sounds like she's shook up pretty badly.
Condolences and kind thoughts going toward all involved in this nonsensical and distraughtful threat. Goodnight to All,Bless you.And Bless America so that her Patriots continue to fight against tyranny.
Buffet

Frankfort, KY

#88595 Apr 15, 2013
I know a cook who makes a really good spam chili.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88596 Apr 16, 2013
Going to be a stormy day! I hope you all stay safe!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88597 Apr 16, 2013
There were 2 very large earthquakes in Iran today; 7.6 and 7.8, respectively, on the Richter scale and 10's on the Mercali Scale. The earth is rumbling in that part of the world.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88598 Apr 16, 2013
What wonderful weather! The birds are gaily singing. In the updated news, there were no other explosives found yesterday. One report told of two separate devices that didn't go off. Apparently, there were no others. Just the two.May families find peace in this time of turmoil. With these atrocious activities -Manmade activities -and natural disasters, this world continues to stand, each continent for how long. I feel the warmth of the sunshine and the gentle breeze that lifts the curtain ever so slightly. My thoughts and blessings to each one affected by yesterday's horrific tragedy. May love surround you and comfort you. Good day to All.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88599 Apr 16, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. I awoke this morning with the birds singing beautifully outside my window, nice breeze blowing through the window, and a breathtaking shade of green and SPRING. Love it. My purple Irises have bloomed and all the rose bushes are full of new growth.

My heart is still heavy from the devastating scenes of that senseless bombing. My heart goes out to all those injured and the family of those killed. I cried like a baby about that young boy just waiting at the finish line to hug his Dad. So sad. I am also disgusted by some of the comments at sites and even started on topix threads. People are so cruel. Blaming political parties??? One is Boston Marathon jokes? What is wrong with people? This is a senseless tragedy and like 9/11 should bring people together as AMERICANS. I am proud of all the First Responders, the Military, and all the volunteers at this heinous crime scene. God Bless them all.

Nope, I hope you got some rest last night and have talked to your sister. Hopefully, she is on her way home. Thoughts and prayers out to you all.

Still haven't seen any post from Blue, I hope everything is okay.

Glad the mods were out last night and removed some of the sorry posts these idiots drop in here to leave. What sad human beings they are.

I hope you all get out and enjoys the 70's today before it rains.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#88600 Apr 16, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT just goes to show enterprise!!! Loved it!
Thank you, Whitey, I'm so glad you liked it! Now, have yourself a wonderful day, my friend!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88602 Apr 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
There were 2 very large earthquakes in Iran today; 7.6 and 7.8, respectively, on the Richter scale and 10's on the Mercali Scale. The earth is rumbling in that part of the world.
Hi lala, there was a rumbling close by us too.

Series of earthquakes shakes Oklahoma

A magnitude-4.3 earthquake shook Oklahoma early Tuesday, the United States Geological Survey reported.

The quake struck at 12:56 a.m. local time (1:56 a.m. ET) around 30 miles northeast of Oklahoma City. It was measured at a depth of 3.1 miles, the USGS said.

A small earthquake of magnitude 3.0 preceded the temblor, and two small tremors with magnitudes of 2.8 and 3.3 rattled nearby within 20 minutes of the initial quake.

According to the USGS, the people in the surrounding areas would have felt light to moderate shaking.

There were no initial reports of damage or injuries.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/16/17...

Major earthquake strikes Iran, USGS says

A magnitude-7.8 earthquake struck Iran on Tuesday, according to the United States Geographical Survey.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/16...

From the alert map:

South Carolina
Willington
Magnitude: 2.2

Alaska
Magnitude: 3.5

Montana
Magnitude: 3.0

California, Nevada, Washington, Hawaii, and Oregon also had earthquakes. Multiple in some states.

Elsewhere:

Papua New Guinea
Magnitude: 5.6

India
Magnitude: 5.3

Indonesia
Magnitude: 5.2

Russia
Magnitude: 5.0

Chile
Magnitude: 4.7

Argentina
Magnitude: 4.5

Among all the other entries for today it has the:

Event type: Terror Attack
Massachusetts
Dead person(s): 3
Injured person(s): 152
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/

Whole lot of shaking going on Mother Earth.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88603 Apr 16, 2013
Off to enjoy the day. I hope you all have a good one too. I will leave something to make you smile:

21 funny pictures of animals that are totally into doing yoga

That granola-eating lady in your yoga class doesn't have the monopoly on achieving nirvana. Just check out these mindful and pliable animals that know how to wriggle their hind legs into a lotus position and do downward-facing dog as well as any yogi. If your yoga moves are getting a little rusty, let these funny photos offer some inspiration to get out that mat and do some sun salutations. Now, altogether say: "Ohmmmmm."

http://now.msn.com/animal-yoga-funny-photos-o...

Hungry cat gets fresh milk
There's nothing like fresh food, directly from the source. If you don't believe me, just ask this extremely satified cat.
http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/hungry-ca...

17 pups desperately in love with cats who reject them

Ah, unrequited love it's a story as old as time. In the animal kingdom, it's particularly common among young pups, who have the nave propensity to fall adoringly in love with their feline housemates. The eager pups worship the ground those cats walk on, constantly trying to win over the fickle creatures with their enthusiastic displays of love. At best, the cats tolerate the mutts. At worst, they outright reject them. Scroll through these images to see the cutest examples of puppy love and kitty "no thanks, now please get off me."

http://now.msn.com/dogs-in-love-with-cats-and...

Wonder how Hempburn's Bisquit is doing.:)

Enjoy your day everyone.
Anne

United States

#88604 Apr 16, 2013
Good afternoon!! I pray for those families affected by the Boston tragedy. May God help them through this.
Here the wind and sun is just perfect! The dock has been painted and looks crisp and clean. I tell you all I'm putting back on the dock is the picnic table, small grill and the metal trash can full of fish food. That other stuff HAS to go!!! WHO put a small aquarium on there and WHY????
Anne

United States

#88605 Apr 16, 2013
Buffet wrote:
I know a cook who makes a really good spam chili.
Spam chili? bet that tastes s little different!! I bought a spam recipe book in Hawaii! They love spam !!! Even ate it at McDonald's for breakfast. I prefer cold spam sandwiches over hot spam . I haven't bought the stuff in ages do maybe I 'll try it again

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88607 Apr 16, 2013
Wow how crazy has it been. Bombs and earthquakes!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88608 Apr 16, 2013
I have not watched the news lately and I suppose that is good or my heart would be saddened over that senseless bombing. Been out mowing grass over the past two gorgeous days, thanks to the CREATOR.

Tomorrow, I will go remove a deck for an old couple that was improperly built and is difficult for the old man to get around on since he has lost his leg.

The old lady wanted to know what I would charge her to take it out. I said I won't take any pay, the left over lumber will be useful to me and that will be more than adequate.
Buffet

Frankfort, KY

#88610 Apr 16, 2013
I was in my neighbor's kitchen today and got a whiff of a fresh scent of spam today. Yum!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#88611 Apr 16, 2013
Hi bird peeps! Sounds like everyone is well, but where in the heck is Blue?? I really hope his Dad is doing okay.. It's been forever since he checked in, unless I've missed a post somewhere along the way.

Don't know about the rest of you all, but the Nope house got quite a good downpour today! It was so nice!! A good soaking! It fell so well that I was able to lay down for a much needed nap. I was exhausted after what all happened during the last 24 hours or so.

Good news is that my sister was able to get out of Boston and is home again. She somehow got a flight out sometime this morning and arrived back home early this afternoon. She said the entire flight, crew included, was subdued. People were really quiet and detached during the whole flight.
Understandably so.

It's so dangerous in the world any more... Makes me appreciate my little slice of heaven here in the middle of nowhere. I'm trying to stay focused on my garden and the critters, while not dwelling on how close I came to possibly loosing her yesterday. God was watching out for her..

You all take care till later! Appreciate every day, every minute, and every blessing you have. Even the little things in life are massive blessings if you think about it.
Anne

United States

#88612 Apr 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have not watched the news lately and I suppose that is good or my heart would be saddened over that senseless bombing. Been out mowing grass over the past two gorgeous days, thanks to the CREATOR.
Tomorrow, I will go remove a deck for an old couple that was improperly built and is difficult for the old man to get around on since he has lost his leg.
The old lady wanted to know what I would charge her to take it out. I said I won't take any pay, the left over lumber will be useful to me and that will be more than adequate.
You are a good neighbor...even if the old couple lives miles away!!
I am carefully and slowly building up a small group of strong fellas that are several (10-20) years younger than we are... Then when we are elderly I hope they will remember their old friends when we need help. Lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88613 Apr 16, 2013
Just made it home...what happened to the rain??
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88615 Apr 16, 2013
should i be worried about my pole beans and bring them in during the storms? we have not even gotten any rain here yet but i just checked the radar and it is coming. really worried about the hail and wind.

last time it stormed i brought them in but that's because they had not sprouted yet and i was afraid they would be uprooted by the heavy rain. it happened last year....had to shove them back down in the dirt and not very many sprouted after that, still got plenty of beans in the end, but that really slowed then down it seems since this year i have been hauling them back and forth and now with only two weeks from seed to now they are already six inches tall and starting to wrap and climb their stakes (well not all of them but i have a few that are five or six and the rest are three or so...all have sprouted more than two leaves now)

do you think they will be ok to leave out now or should i just haul them in and out like i have been doing. wish i would have just started them inside a month ago but was afraid to transplant (cause i kill every thing i transfer)

prolly will seem like a silly question to some ...sorry :) i just really don't want to kill them this year.... last year i had more that didn't make it than did, really surprised that they all popped up this year.
redrum

Henderson, KY

#88616 Apr 16, 2013
local scientist wrote:
I really do think its from the changing cold weather...it's absolutely horrible, but these birds cant keep their body temp up. Florida has had ice and the birds dont have a place to migrate. We've had some extrememe weather lately. While there have not been many tornadoes, we have had an almost record low along with near record high and low temperatures within the last few weeks. I'm sure this has been too much for the poor little bird's bodies...along with other small bodies associated with higher altitudes such as insects. Just my thoughts
. Hey scientist what's ice in Florida got to do with the migration of birds here? Birds fly north in the spring, so how is ice in Florida effecting birds 600 miles north of Florida. Birds are well adapted for cold weather feathers and all it's the heat birds have issues with.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88617 Apr 16, 2013
i just received an email back from this lady i met on Facebook who is going to give me some free chicken $hit for my peppers. lol you would think we were doing a drug deal or something the way she worded things. never thought of the mall as "the drop point" before.....

sigh.... guess i shall take hubby on this little adventure just in case she is a crazy. you never know these days.

sure she is harmless just a little batty....can't say im going to be any different in my older years and either way, i am grateful for the free poo!

just funny sort of "you had to been there" kind of thing..... oh well. good night all..... guess the rain has decided to pass us up till tomorrow here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 11 min Anonymous 22
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min dollarsbill 132,232
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 23 min Anonymous 12
hau mings mexican restaurant 56 min NOBUGSFORME 1
dinky phipps 1 hr 1234aaa 17
Ashley mills wagers 1 hr Wondering 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 6 hr Breezy _Soul 408
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 24 dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info