Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
74,561 - 74,580 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 21 hrs ago
Rockingchairman

London, KY

#88513 Apr 12, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Well, had to put my dear momma in the hospital again, with pneumonia. She just had this in January and was in 8 days. I hope it won't be that long this time. No time for the birds today.
I'll pray for her now. Someone posted about mullin leaves, that hot mullin tea always helped my grandfather breathe better. Not sure if it was the mullin or the heat from a hot drink. May your mother have a speedy recovery.
Goodnight
Anne

United States

#88514 Apr 12, 2013
Okay! How 'bout this SPAM !! In Honolulu a most popular McDonald's breakfast item is the spam, rice and scrambled egg breakfast. Yep. I had it for breakfast one morning!!! To be exact the McDonald's was located on Hickam Air Force base. Google it.
dangle

Kansas City, MO

#88515 Apr 12, 2013
The grey breasted warbler is the a$$hole of the bird kingdom. Picture someone just rear-ended your car while you are stopped at a red light. Then they jump out and give you attitude, then they tell you they dont have insurance.
That's the grey breasted warbler. They are horrible, horrible birds.
marvingardens

Berea, KY

#88516 Apr 12, 2013
Took the wife to a restaurant on the moon tonight. Good food but no atmosphere.
old crow

Lexington, KY

#88517 Apr 12, 2013
birds fly
birds die
qwerty

United States

#88518 Apr 13, 2013
If you have something a bit hush-hush, a bit romantic and a bit wonderful, a bit weird, a bit loud, a bit large, a bit odorous on the boil, today could well be a day for simply taking the phone off the hook , settling back in the privacy of your bathroom and get on with it. Birders for all their love of communication, are often the first to switch off and lie low for a while. Privacy is of vital importance and you could have a particularly delightful reason for insisting people get lost. It's not often that birders are given to subterfuge, but when you are, you're really subterfugerific!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88519 Apr 13, 2013
Rockingchairman wrote:
<quoted text>I think they would be happy that you are being yourself. Which is cheap, because we have to be cheap...or be hungry. Maybe "frugal" is a better word.
I know it bothered you quite a bit when that string came unglued from the tithe quarter.
I have good news- I have noticed a marked gain in my retirement fund since coming out of retirement.
The level of change has grown at least a quarter of an inch in that old mason jar.
I'm considering going to save-a-lot to invest in some pork bellies tomorrow.
At any rate, I left a spam icon over your post, spam pizza it is.
Thanks for the upgrade from "cheap" to "frugal", that does seem to be a bit more appropriate. I tried to come out of retirement but no one wanted someone this old except my chickens and their eggs has made that one old tithing quarter to not be so important any more. And with the free spam, I won't need to go to Sav-A-Lot of the Dollar Store until next week. I am thinking about getting up from here and slicing some Bar-S hot dogs long ways and fry them with some potatoes and save my spam for later. LOL
Kentucky

Freedom, PA

#88520 Apr 13, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. Roaming I pray your mother recovers soon.
AW fry up some sausage, after cooked, peel some taters and fry em up in that sausage grease. Serve with eggs over easy and toast. Lol
Hard on the arteries but great for the taste buds Lol :)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88521 Apr 13, 2013
Thanks much for the good thoughts and prayers. My mom will appreciate it also. Have a good day!!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88522 Apr 13, 2013
Kentucky wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. Roaming I pray your mother recovers soon.
AW fry up some sausage, after cooked, peel some taters and fry em up in that sausage grease. Serve with eggs over easy and toast. Lol
Hard on the arteries but great for the taste buds Lol :)
They are also hard on my gouty big toe. LOL which is why I eat the sliced hotdogs and potatoes grilled with no grease at all.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88523 Apr 13, 2013
Plus, I have already had one open heart surgery and one carotid artery surgery and the taste buds are not nearly as important as being productive until the Creator says my labors are enough. I don't care about living a long time if I can't do a few things.
Anne

United States

#88524 Apr 13, 2013
Ouch. As I get older certain foods I love have a tendency to make my life miserable. *sigh*.
ky headhunter

Morehead, KY

#88525 Apr 13, 2013
stolen in Owingsville ky april 6th 2004 ford f250 super duty diesel. white four wheel drive. reward of 1000 dollars for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thieves.has ky wildcat sticker in back window.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#88526 Apr 13, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey everyone! What a storm yesterday, huh? I pulled the Harley out of storage and JUST got started on her, then the thunder started. Where there's thunder, there's deadly lightning.
I'm not one to tempt fate by sitting atop the wet ground, on an upturned 5 gallon bucket, dipping a sponge barehanded into another one full of soapy water, and wiping METAL while the skies are dark and rumbling. So I left her uncovered and let nature rinse the dirt and dust off that I'd not gotten to yet. Funny thing is, the rain doesn't even leave a clean rinse behind any more either.. Too much pollution any more. Perhaps today I'll get her finished up and polished. At least the main layer of dust was rinsed off of her... Not to say that she looks better then when I started, but at least I'm started.
I have already taken care of a lot of personal business today. With the new parrot kid it was a real hoot. I tried to talk to an insurance agent over the phone and could barely get anything taken care of for the bird laughing and then talking. He thought is was a kid in the house until I told him it was a parrot, hehe. In turn, my insurance agent was barely able to function for repeatedly laughing. I adore my critters, hehe! So in essence someone elses day was started with gut busting laughter too, thanks to one of my critter kids!! You just can't beat helping someone else laugh and have a good day, LOL!!:)
As a few of you also stated, I got some plants out yesterday just before the storm hit. Thankfully no hail came down. Got ALL of my 'maters out now, plus a new one that I bought a couple of days ago. I also purchased a new "Niagara" grape vine to place next to the other one I have out there. I got nary a grape last year, so obviously there was a pollination problem last spring/summer. Hopefully now that I've added another one of my OWN instead of waiting for whatever local vine was pollinating mine for the last few years, I won't have to worry about the insects to cross pollinate and "should" get a nice harvest later this summer again!!
Well, life is good in the House of Nope. I only pray that you all are doing as well today! I'll pop back in later to check up if I have the time! I have a new rose bush to put out today too. I noticed yesterday that my peonies have grown almost a foot this week! Tiny buds are showing up! I adore those peonies. The blooms make the house smell so divine floating in a bowl of water!!
God bless and keep everyone safe today!!
~~~ Later folks!!
I got the fatboy back on the road middle the of last week, it was great to be back on two wheels for the short jaunt. When you been riding for 43 years, you just don't seem "whole" unless your bike is road ready,,, anyway, have a good riding season.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88527 Apr 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the upgrade from "cheap" to "frugal", that does seem to be a bit more appropriate. I tried to come out of retirement but no one wanted someone this old except my chickens and their eggs has made that one old tithing quarter to not be so important any more. And with the free spam, I won't need to go to Sav-A-Lot of the Dollar Store until next week. I am thinking about getting up from here and slicing some Bar-S hot dogs long ways and fry them with some potatoes and save my spam for later. LOL
AW, you are NOT old. You are much wiser for your years and experience, and I suspect that you have aged gracefully, as does fine wine. The only problem in getting a part-time job when retired, is that the hours somehow keep creeping up. When I arrived in KY, I decided that I would work half-time, but before a year had passed, I was working for 60 or more hours per week....until the Lord told my body that was enough. Keep your mind active, enjoy friends, and kick back to watch the wonders of nature. From what little that I have gleaned about you, you certainly deserve it. Lala

Location hidden

#88528 Apr 13, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the fatboy back on the road middle the of last week, it was great to be back on two wheels for the short jaunt. When you been riding for 43 years, you just don't seem "whole" unless your bike is road ready,,, anyway, have a good riding season.
I know what you mean, but my passion is riding on 4-legged critters, gaited horses in particular, which are smooth as silk in their way of going, and easy on the old bones. Not healthy enough to ride yet, but the day is coming!!!!! So glad to see that you have checked in. Missed you. Lala

Location hidden

#88529 Apr 13, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
WTF walks into 24 Hour Fitness and asks a trainer in the gym: "Ah wants to get me one of them purty gals, old buddy! How kin Ah do that? Is there one o' them thar machines that'll hep me git some o' them mus-kles, he-yuh, he-yuh?"
The trainer took one look at WTF, and replied; In your case, and if you are really, REALLY rich, I'd recommend that you use the ATM, just outside the gym!!!"
LOL, good one, Stevie. Keep 'em coming. Lala

Location hidden

#88530 Apr 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I bet the chickens won't get all excited about wallowing in my freshly planted garden today. I will just be happy if Arthur don't make me drop my coffee cup. He makes such a mess! He spilled my pills all over the bathroom floor yesterday.
Arthur was the uninvited interloper at my house for the last two or three days. I tried everything that I could to evict him, but he would not go. Finally, I had to resort to my doctor's suggestions and I rid him for a couple of hours, but like clockwork, he comes back. He visits you. He visits Ann, Abeliever, and a few others who pop in. Arthur really gets around. He's going to get a terrible reputation of being promiscuous, and he does't even care if it's a man or woman he fools with. Geesh...
kevin

Louisa, KY

#88531 Apr 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
Ouch. As I get older certain foods I love have a tendency to make my life miserable.*sigh*.
Certain foods I love have a tendency to make my loved one's lives miserable. ;>D
Anne

United States

#88532 Apr 13, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Certain foods I love have a tendency to make my loved one's lives miserable. ;>D
Ewww !! Kevin !!!! I heard that!! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min DITCH MITCH 151,498
fish for sale 9 min travis 9
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Another Vet 2,139
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 32 min _Zoey_ 3,502
It must suck to be you 36 min Sister Mary 3
katherine mills murder trial starts tuesday the... (May '13) 37 min CCRider 10
knox board of ed raising taxes 50 min Panther Dad 12
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000