Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,659

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88469 Apr 11, 2013
For betty

Tabby cat dances on the head of the world's most patient dog

Some animals are more patient than others, but this golden-coated pooch really takes the cake in forbearance, enduring with complete restraint a tabby cat enthusiastically dancing on his head. The dog is so chill, in fact, that we're almost a little concerned. Is closed-eyed canine OK? Is he enjoying his feline friend's fancy footwork? Is he sleeping right through his skull massage? Is one of them actually having a little too much fun? Questions, questions. We'll just have to watch it over and over again in search of answers.

http://now.msn.com/cat-dances-on-head-of-a-pa...

That dog was loving a head massage. haha Not phased by kitty at all.
Buffet

Frankfort, KY

#88471 Apr 11, 2013
I went to the grocery store today and all I bought was spam. I filled the cart with nothing but cans of spam.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88472 Apr 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For betty
Tabby cat dances on the head of the world's most patient dog
Some animals are more patient than others, but this golden-coated pooch really takes the cake in forbearance, enduring with complete restraint a tabby cat enthusiastically dancing on his head. The dog is so chill, in fact, that we're almost a little concerned. Is closed-eyed canine OK? Is he enjoying his feline friend's fancy footwork? Is he sleeping right through his skull massage? Is one of them actually having a little too much fun? Questions, questions. We'll just have to watch it over and over again in search of answers.
http://now.msn.com/cat-dances-on-head-of-a-pa...
That dog was loving a head massage. haha Not phased by kitty at all.
haha funny and too cute.

most my cats like to do thier "milk pawing" thing on thier beds for the most part and just involve thier front paws. but my tabby, which we rescued and nursed before her eyes even opened, does a more theatrical form like the cat in the video to my pillow all the time. i finally gave up the pillow to her and just started using a new pillow after tiring of changing the case out just about every day (just cant lay my head on something she rubs her bum on...eeew) i keep it in my armoire till i lay down to keep it safe but i still wake up occasionally to her all of three inches from my nose doing her little ritual and have to change out the case. they are all agitators and instigators but are a hoot to watch.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88473 Apr 11, 2013
so evry thing that had sprouted i left out in the rain, not too worried about the peas and cabbage since they seem to like a good cold rain but i brought my pole beans back in, they still have not sprouted and i dont want them up heaved by the ton of rain. my green peppers and jalapenos i think are ready to leave my baby green house and go in their big pot.... they are really thriving, shot up about an inch just yesterday. got some cedar branches to stake the beans with as soon as they pop up, hopefully by this weekend.

think my aloes are stressed from the weather flip flops and i probably over watered them. stalks are all turning yellow.... but they aren't mushy feeling yet or anything so i think i caught it before the roots had a chance to rot. i had put them out on the porch before we left town, think they just needed more adjustment before placing them out full time so i brought them back in, put them all in one big pot with some fresh cactus mix and put them back next to their window where they were happy. guess i will try again when the weather warms back up and only put them out for a few hours a day till they get used to the sunshine again.

any tips or thoughts from those of you who have greener thumbs than i would be very much appreciated.
levy

London, KY

#88474 Apr 11, 2013
is it okay to put rice in a bird feeder?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88475 Apr 11, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
haha funny and too cute.
most my cats like to do thier "milk pawing" thing on thier beds for the most part and just involve thier front paws. but my tabby, which we rescued and nursed before her eyes even opened, does a more theatrical form like the cat in the video to my pillow all the time. i finally gave up the pillow to her and just started using a new pillow after tiring of changing the case out just about every day (just cant lay my head on something she rubs her bum on...eeew) i keep it in my armoire till i lay down to keep it safe but i still wake up occasionally to her all of three inches from my nose doing her little ritual and have to change out the case. they are all agitators and instigators but are a hoot to watch.
I can identify with that pillow scenario. They are a hoot to watch though with their springy jumps and plays. I have one who loves to retrieve straws. You have to watch your drink because she will be eyeing that straw. One retrieves a yarn ball and brings it back for you to throw again. They are so silly. Very loving animals.

This one is for you. It is too cute:

Cat Takes a Dog for a Walk... and Brings Him Back Home

You won't see cats and dogs behave like this every day! A smart little kitty decided that she wanted to take her dog friend on a walk and thank God their owner was there to catch this amazing moment on tape.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Cat-Takes-a-Dog-for-a-...
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88476 Apr 11, 2013
Not a drop of rain here until just now.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88477 Apr 11, 2013
This is just too cute and to music by U2. Love them and their music. Cows are a trip. hahaha

Dairy Cows Do the Cutest Thing to Celebrate Spring

After a long, hard winter, these dairy cows were let out into the pasture for the first time. Overjoyed at being welcomed back into God's beautiful creation, they do they sweetest thing!

http://www.godvine.com/Dairy-Cows-Do-the-Cute...

Had to hear the whole song. This one has beautiful scenery. Enjoy

U2 Beautiful Day
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88478 Apr 11, 2013
My friend in Rapid City South Dakota says it is 19 degrees with 25 inches of snow, so let it rain. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88479 Apr 11, 2013
For "NOPE", I knew you would love this slide show. They are awesome. I like the blue one and the white one best. Amazing shots:

Look nature in the eye
http://photos.msn.com/slideshow/healthy%20liv...

Soon as I seen this I thought of you.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88480 Apr 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Not a drop of rain here until just now.
It has rained off and on all day here. No thunder or anything, just a steady on and off rain. Cool temps, almost chilly. Not that 62 is chilly. haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88481 Apr 11, 2013
For the BIRDS, AW you will get a kick out of this one and what the little girl says.

Little Girl Says the Funniest Thing When She Sees a Flock of Geese

Kids say the darndest things!!! Listen to what this adorable little girl says when she sees a huge flock of geese, we guarantee she will make you laugh. Children are precious gifts from God!

http://www.godvine.com/Little-Girl-Says-the-F...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88482 Apr 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My friend in Rapid City South Dakota says it is 19 degrees with 25 inches of snow, so let it rain. LOL
I agree. Snow, ice, tornados all around us so I will take the rain with no complaints. Besides it will just be greener and more blooms when the sunshine returns.:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88483 Apr 11, 2013
We're getting some good rain now.
It'll be chilly tomorrow, compared to the last couple of days anyway.
JWL

Benton, KY

#88484 Apr 11, 2013
top dog wrote:
But what would make them starve?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G enetically_modified_food
JWL

Benton, KY

#88485 Apr 11, 2013
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88486 Apr 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I can identify with that pillow scenario. They are a hoot to watch though with their springy jumps and plays. I have one who loves to retrieve straws. You have to watch your drink because she will be eyeing that straw. One retrieves a yarn ball and brings it back for you to throw again. They are so silly. Very loving animals.
This one is for you. It is too cute:
Cat Takes a Dog for a Walk... and Brings Him Back Home
You won't see cats and dogs behave like this every day! A smart little kitty decided that she wanted to take her dog friend on a walk and thank God their owner was there to catch this amazing moment on tape.:)
http://www.godvine.com/Cat-Takes-a-Dog-for-a-...
lol i love it!

and i see our fan club has come to visit again..... just after all the watches have expired for western ky...... yeh thats not obvious
Rockingchairman

Somerset, KY

#88487 Apr 11, 2013
I need a spam sandwich. Guess I'm in the right place.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88488 Apr 11, 2013
Oh those temps sure did drop fast! Gonna be a chilly night. Hope all the buds don't get hurt on the trees.
Rockingchairman

Somerset, KY

#88489 Apr 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Snow, ice, tornados all around us so I will take the rain with no complaints. Besides it will just be greener and more blooms when the sunshine returns.:)
I cant wait till the rhododendrons bloom out. But now.... wild rose blossoms hanging with honeysuckle blooms...there is an aroma that's hard to beat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min old lady 7,026
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,277
food stamps 12 min YOLO 41
knox board of ed raising taxes 45 min FYI 109
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 1 hr meeee 126
Chamges to Topix? 1 hr welp 4
I hate 19 kids and counting (Mar '10) 1 hr D_Brews95 44
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info