Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,784

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88440 Apr 10, 2013
in the know wrote:
how can a dumb topic about dead birds go on this long
Because it is only dumb to those that insist that the topic remains only on birds, when there are so many other things in GOD's great world to discuss besides birds. What's yout pleasure?

How about the gear ratio in a 25 hp outboard motor or the correct temperature setting for an incubator to hatch baby chicks or the number of times that "Gone With the Wind" has been the tv attraction or the muttom chops of Civil War General Ambrose Burnside for whom sideburns was named ? You tell us, and we will join in with what little we do know.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#88441 Apr 10, 2013
Cratscki wrote:
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsieroll lolypop?
Mr. Owl says three.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#88442 Apr 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is only dumb to those that insist that the topic remains only on birds, when there are so many other things in GOD's great world to discuss besides birds. What's yout pleasure?
How about the gear ratio in a 25 hp outboard motor or the correct temperature setting for an incubator to hatch baby chicks or the number of times that "Gone With the Wind" has been the tv attraction or the muttom chops of Civil War General Ambrose Burnside for whom sideburns was named ? You tell us, and we will join in with what little we do know.
Is Google permissible?
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88443 Apr 10, 2013
Cratscki wrote:
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsieroll lolypop?
It varies depending on the size of one's tongue. LOL
kevin

Louisa, KY

#88444 Apr 10, 2013
Where's Ms. Font? I'm feelin' a lil..... anxious.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88445 Apr 10, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Is Google permissible?
Sure, there are no rules.
Kentucky

Pittsburgh, PA

#88446 Apr 10, 2013
I remember when my dad hired a man with a horse and plow to till our garden. Watching that horse clomping down the street is a favorite childhood memory of mine. Heck, we lived in the city but it did not seem out of the ordinary. The town and traffic back then was much less congested.
I also remember my elderly neighbor ringing a bell when the Vietnam war ended.
Played kick the can with neighborhood kids, rode bicycles, made braclets out of clover flowers.

Drank RC cola out of a bottle...couldn't beat that on a hot summer day. Making tents out of blankets draped over a clothes line stabilized with clothes pins. Listening to AM radio, the smell of honeysuckle when a cool breeze blew.
Geesh, I'm nostalgic :)
Beautiful weather hope everyone is having a blessed Spring.
Song for today: Tommy James and the Shondells
"Crimson and Clover"
kevin

Louisa, KY

#88447 Apr 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, there are no rules.
I was as much in the know as "in the know". Now that I've googled that info, I'm in the know...
what if

Lexington, KY

#88449 Apr 10, 2013
its the bird flu?
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88450 Apr 11, 2013
and as usual...... gizmo showed up ten minutes before the rain meowing in protest....lol had not seen him since before we left out on our trip. not surprising.... he does that every time spring hits... i dont see him for a strait week and just as i begin to panic and consider checking the highway...the rain comes and he follows.... or he comes and the rain follows. posted up in his window sill now, letting me know how awful i am for not being able to control the weather. thank goodness for ear buds and tom petty, i cant hear a thing. he is not amused.... hubby's cat tried to come console him, got hooked right in his nose, turned around and popped Joe poodle, then angel chased him into the cat closet and now she is prancing around whining in protest, which sent the others to their respective hiding spots, and joe shaking like a leaf in my lap. unhappy campers all around except for me of course....

dedicated to gizmo.....

"you don't know how it feels.....you don't know how it feels..... to be meeeeeeow" kinda fits

ohh! and my peas finally spouted. yay!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88451 Apr 11, 2013
Well, what a dark and stormy morning we have. Spring is definately here! Storm season is here too. Not thrilled about that!
Anne

United States

#88452 Apr 11, 2013
It is Spring!!!! Yesterday we cut dozens of saplings and tall skinny trees in the wooded area behind the house... Now to get some kind of real help to load them onto the trailer and the them off!!! My better half worked on all the "toys" so they are running right and if not we made a list of pieces and parts to pick up in town today. Even the riding mower is getting its share of attention! Lol
Hope everyone has a wonderful day....even the "critters". Lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88453 Apr 11, 2013
I did notice just yesterday all the tress have blooms, and it seems to have happened just over night. I am happy the trees will have leaves again.
hmm

Charlotte, NC

#88454 Apr 11, 2013
hmm

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88455 Apr 11, 2013
Hmm??
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88457 Apr 11, 2013
I got some things planted in the garden this morning before any rain gets here.
who cares

Elizabethtown, KY

#88459 Apr 11, 2013
It's amazing how so many people can't stay on topic.

The birds are still dying.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88460 Apr 11, 2013
I talk about the birds all the time. Sorry you don't see that.
Anne

United States

#88461 Apr 11, 2013
My new bird feeders are doing their job!! EXCEPT I bought Walmarts cheapest wild bird feed and while a few checked it out, its a total wash! Won't do that again!!! Then too, one of those saplings we were clearing out fell right into the new post! Knocked off one of the arms!!!:-(
I know it's raining off and on but it's still a beautiful day!!! Gonna set out some if those hollyhocks!!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88462 Apr 11, 2013
I get those baskets that hold the mesh of seed and molasses. The birds love it. Have several in the yard that I can see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girl at advance yesterday buying windshield wipers 43 min Heather m 14
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 639
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,749
Unbrick the court house windows 2 hr Ken Tucker 1
Daniel Boone 2 hr Michael Stoner 6
Who is the Poorest person in Knox Co? (Jan '13) 3 hr Alex 38
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr spaceship 134,382
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 8 hr Artie2 74

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at March 05 at 5:50PM EST

Barbourville Dating