Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
74,481 - 74,500 of 81,560 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Good afternoon bird threaders. I hope you all are enjoying our Summer weather in April. Like "Nope", I had to turn my AC on yesterday too. Sinus problems kicking up and I woke up with a feeling like insulation was shoved up my nasal cavities. Ohhh, I hate that feeling. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the chemspraying they have been doing for the last week. Everyday!

I have been enjoying all the varieties of birds hitting my feeders. They are so beautiful, especially the cardinals. The cats like to sit in the window and watch them. haha

All my roses are full of new growth. I can't wait to see them bloom again. Everything is growing and green. Love the newness that Spring brings. Get out and enjoy it people. Life is good.

It is a great day for Harley riding. I have been hearing them for days.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

For the BIRDS.

Raptor Resource Project
~ Videos of The Decorah Eagles from Yesterday, April 8th ~

(Click on picture to enlarge it, and click on the words "see more" to expand this post). There are four videos from yesterday, April 8th, in this post. Screen capture is of Dad on the left, Mom's wings as she lands, and you can see two of the eaglets in front of Mom. Many thanks to Jim for making the videos and the screen captures possible!

http://youtu.be/bdQAXNpO4fg
4/8 (A little redecorating) 3:00pm CT - Dad begins to do a little redecorating with some nesting materials and the eaglets can be seen bobbing up and down in the nest bowl watching Dad hard at work. At about 4:18 into the video you can see D15 test its wings.

http://youtu.be/KCzycLN_4WI
4/8 (Home alone) 4:30pm CT - Mom takes off from the nest, leaving the eaglets home alone. About 20 minutes later Dad shows up and begins to nibble on some dinner for himself. The eaglets quickly react to Dad not sharing, so Dad offers them a few bites also. Mom returns and Dad instantly takes off.

http://youtu.be/dhN47pjnKMY
4/8 (A little of everything) 7:00pm CT - Mom is on the nest and we see Dad fly in, then Mom takes off soon after. Dad begins to check on leftovers in the nest and then suddenly we see D15 stand VERY tall in the nest bowl and begin showing off, complete with a "PS" at 1:48 into the video. A bit later we see Mom has returned and takes a turn with the leftovers. D15 begins a little head-bonking while Mom is working on leftovers. At about 4:47 into the video Mom begins to feed all three and it's quite obvious D15 has graduated to very large size bites. A day in the lives of the Decorah Eagles includes a little bit of everything.

http://youtu.be/Hxi79jaVrtE
4/8 (Final exchange and feeding for the day) 8:00pm CT - Dad arises from the nest bowl seemingly by being pushed from below. As soon as Mom returns, Dad takes off. Mom shimmys over the little ones and then the next scene finds Mom getting back up to begin the final feeding of the eaglets for the night. The final feeding includes some sibling rivalry, a "PS" and the perfect example of a very patient Mom who finally decides it's time to tuck them in for the night.

Thanks, Jim!

(I will normally try to post eaglet photos for you, but I could not resist getting a screen cap of Mom's beautiful wingspan for this post, which shows eaglets also. ;)~RR Mod~)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

This story is so sad. Bless his heart, trying to save one of God's creatures. He must have had a big heart. Our Creator will reward him for his compassion, I am sure.

Wyoming Man Hit and Killed Moving Injured Rabbit
The Wyoming Highway Patrol says a man was struck and killed by a car while apparently tending to an injured rabbit on a two-lane highway west of Laramie.

The patrol says 79-year-old William Kieren, of Laramie, died Sunday at a hospital in Fort Collins, Colo.

The accident occurred about 9 p.m. Saturday on Wyoming 230, about six miles west of Laramie.
A trooper says Kieren had stopped his vehicle along the highway and was on or near the center line when he was struck by an oncoming vehicle.
The patrol says the rabbit was still alive on the roadway and was eventually put down by a trooper.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/wyoming-ma...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Glad to see that Nope is back. AW continues to inspire, and I chuckle at his mildly sarcastic comments to the people who view life as a half empty glass (more like empty, actually). It's a beautiful day, and I will go visit Lilly, my pretty buckskin mare. I can't ride, but I can spoil her. The little guy's pony thinks he's a big stud, now that spring is in the air and he casts longing eyes at Lillie. But he's gelded, so it's only a long-lost dream for him. Abeliever is still sending her appreciated uplifting videos, and her on-target assessments of what is going on with mother earth. Have a sunshine-filled day. I'm going out to enjoy the weather, and to heck with the housework. The dust will still be there after I turn to dust. God Bless. Lala.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Most Stunning Video of God's Amazing Creation

God gives us many miraculously gifts in our daily lives. Just look around you - every beautiful, intricate piece of God's creation is a gift we can barely understand. Thank you Lord for the world - and this video shows us just how magnificent it truly is!!!

http://www.godvine.com/Gods-Amazing-Creation-...

Hope you all enjoy the beautiful day we have been given.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Cleaning. Had to stop and sit outside on the porcha a while. Oh it's beautiful!
omg

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

what

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Came in the house and had to turn on my fan!! Wow.
omg

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

what
Lee Jay Cobb Salad

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

die birds!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

What another Blessed day;) Even a stuffy nose and sinus problems won't keep this bird down. Days like these makes me think just how brimming full my cup is. We as humans must be content within ourselves to make living worthwhile if not happiness will be lost. I decided to turn up the ceiling fan around here. Avoiding the AC, it's heavy lifting my units so I wait as long as possible to put them in the windows. The birds are quite frisky as well as frogs at night. It's great to be able to have the windows up again. I love the breezes from both day and night coming inside.
Glad to hear the positive enthusiasm spring brings. Planted bell peppers yesterday. Hope, they thrive. As far as birds dying, it appears the bird flu is happening again.
Blessings to OJG and Blue. Last heard her Dad was ill and Blue was looking for a job if memory hasn't failed.
@ Nope enjoy that bike ride. Sure sounds like a terrific way to let down one's hair;)
Fine evening to All. I have the children to tend so I'll pop off for now. Good cheer to all the Fine Folks.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Lee Jay Cobb Salad wrote:
die birds!
Really? We all will one day. It doesn't take much to stay positive. Put a smile on that mug and appreciate the ones that are alive. Live is short so make it sweet. Ciao;)

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Just got in. It's been so nice out. I actually turned the fan on while I was inside. I hear we are going to pay for all this good weather tomorrow with storms. I knew it was too good to last.
Buffet

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

I wish my favorite Chinese Buffet would start serving spam.
in the know

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

how can a dumb topic about dead birds go on this long

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

in the know wrote:
My counter questions would be, Why, if you don't like it, did you come here and post, instead of letting it die out?
You're as responsible as anyone else. Way to go!
Cratscki

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsieroll lolypop?
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

in the know wrote:
Because it is only dumb to those that insist that the topic remains only on birds, when there are so many other things in GOD's great world to discuss besides birds. What's yout pleasure?

How about the gear ratio in a 25 hp outboard motor or the correct temperature setting for an incubator to hatch baby chicks or the number of times that "Gone With the Wind" has been the tv attraction or the muttom chops of Civil War General Ambrose Burnside for whom sideburns was named ? You tell us, and we will join in with what little we do know.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Cratscki wrote:
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsieroll lolypop?
Mr. Owl says three.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is only dumb to those that insist that the topic remains only on birds, when there are so many other things in GOD's great world to discuss besides birds. What's yout pleasure?
How about the gear ratio in a 25 hp outboard motor or the correct temperature setting for an incubator to hatch baby chicks or the number of times that "Gone With the Wind" has been the tv attraction or the muttom chops of Civil War General Ambrose Burnside for whom sideburns was named ? You tell us, and we will join in with what little we do know.
Is Google permissible?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 25 min Jennifer Renee 3,806
Marlena cox 26 min Malena Cox 56
Malena Cox n Scotty 40 min OMG 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 40 min Curmudgeon 146,842
i miss my amy 1 hr Miss Me 6
creekie 1 hr Scandal 1
Stivers center swin coach abandons children in ... (Mar '12) 2 hr Maybe 55
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••