Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,730

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Buffet

Frankfort, KY

#88408 Apr 9, 2013
Thanks for the spam

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88409 Apr 9, 2013
Yawning my head off!! No bird time for me. Glad I have a couple days off lined up.
Imposter

Wayland, KY

#88410 Apr 9, 2013
You got that right Buffet this is the SPAM channel.
Imposter

Wayland, KY

#88411 Apr 9, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
BURY THOSE BIRDS...and THIS THREAD ALREADY... for Cripes Sake!!
I thought they gave up and let you bunch of limp noggin potheads smoke weed. What's the matter did you run out? Chill out .....batch.
Imposter

Wayland, KY

#88412 Apr 9, 2013
betty wrote:
back from Columbia....... bought some really good coffee with my safely returned debit card lol.
Did you powder your nose while you were there betty boop?

Since: Apr 13

Mayfield, KY

#88414 Apr 10, 2013
Ronin_LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that when the seals start breaking that is after the Rapture(when God calls all of the Christians to heaven to escape the Apocalypse has happened.
That means that if this is the sixth seal and you are still alive and here you are not a christian and therefor not getting into heaven.
I will save you a seat in hell.
i like that, that is a good 1 n i c ur point.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88415 Apr 10, 2013
I don't expect there will be any seats in Hell to be saved. More likely be "standing Room Only". I once saw a tv program where a Hippie went to Hell and his punishment was to spend eternity eating corn flakes and listening to country music.

Whereas, in the next room was this old farm couple that had to do the same thing, and it was their "Heaven". Interesting take on the "hereafter".

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88416 Apr 10, 2013
Going to be another beautiful day. I hope you all enjoy it!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#88418 Apr 10, 2013
Hi again everyone! Such beautiful weather is finally here. Looks as if we've skipped Spring though and hit Summer. Just like years previous, we've missed a whole season and jumped forward again. Too bad that the tornado weather can't be skipped. I dread it so badly. Storms and I don't coincide very well, too many hurricanes under my belt I suppose.. STORM PTSD!

I actually broke down and turned the dreaded A/C on yesterday. Not only was it due to the unusual heat, but my sinuses were clogged from pollen, YUK! Today is good though thanks to a better nights sleep with the help of some over the counter allergy meds, hehe!

Thank you for the nice howdy do, Imposter. I hope your new job is going well and your piggy bank is filling back up quickly! Has the "little one" been back to visit you lately? I know you were missing him terribly when they left. I felt bad for you. That's honestly the truth. I've been there, it's such an empty feeling and the house can be so quiet that it makes you want to cry....

On another note: My new parrot kid is already spoiled almost beyond repair. He's talking my ears off and I've already taught him three new words and we're working on a tune now, lol.

The only problem I'm having is his unexpected case of what I think is separation anxiety. I guess I've ruined him already and he doesn't know how to deal with it when I either leave the room, or Lord forbid I leave the house for a few hours. You can hear him clear from outside, screaming and squawking. My poor dogs have to retreat to the back of the house to escape the ear splitting noise. I'm working on correcting it, but so far he's not responding to me leaving him alone for any length of time. So wish me luck. I created his anxiety I suppose because his previous owners say that he never did this before. I know it's my own fault for coddling him, just like I do every other critter baby in this house.... But he's BIG which means that his voice is even BIGGER. I have got to get a handle on it. My dogs are old and it's not fair to them to be uncomfortable. But I know I can fix this...

Well, I'm off to go outside. My Harley is a MESS after this winters storage. I'm going to pull her out today and do a total wash, detail and wax job. I have the battery on a trickle charge as we speak. Then I gotta replace the fluids, check the tires, etc. The dust is an inch thick on her. I'm totally ashamed of how she looks right now!! This should eat up at least three hours of the day, minimum. And that's AFTER the battery is ready to rip. I'll let the knew parrot kid go out with me and stay on the porch in his "smaller castle" on wheels.
(His "home" castle will probably never move again. That thing is massive. A pet monkey could probably live quite comfortably in that thing, hehe).

Talk to you all later! Whatever you do today, may the Lord be with you, as always!

Heartfelt blessings to all!

Sincerely,
_-_Nope_-_

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#88420 Apr 10, 2013
Oh yeah, can we all pray that North Korea has an epiphany of some sort? That, uh, "kid" running things over there is a menace to the whole worlds well being. I don't know what it's going to take, but he needs dealt with somehow.

Missiles are aimed at targets which are being kept secret from the world. Yet the USA and her powers at large are saying that shooting them down will only be an option IF they happen to be fired toward anything that would harm human life? I disagree with that analogy completely, but who am I. Who are WE to have a voice in what goes on. The audacity to think we'd have a voice in anything our government decides is in our best interests..

We're treading VERY dangerous waters with that lunatic "child in charge" over there. Makes me even MORE glad to admit that I've been prepping for the future, no matter what might unfold within the next few weeks, days, or hours...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88422 Apr 10, 2013
Good afternoon bird threaders. I hope you all are enjoying our Summer weather in April. Like "Nope", I had to turn my AC on yesterday too. Sinus problems kicking up and I woke up with a feeling like insulation was shoved up my nasal cavities. Ohhh, I hate that feeling. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the chemspraying they have been doing for the last week. Everyday!

I have been enjoying all the varieties of birds hitting my feeders. They are so beautiful, especially the cardinals. The cats like to sit in the window and watch them. haha

All my roses are full of new growth. I can't wait to see them bloom again. Everything is growing and green. Love the newness that Spring brings. Get out and enjoy it people. Life is good.

It is a great day for Harley riding. I have been hearing them for days.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88424 Apr 10, 2013
For the BIRDS.

Raptor Resource Project
~ Videos of The Decorah Eagles from Yesterday, April 8th ~

(Click on picture to enlarge it, and click on the words "see more" to expand this post). There are four videos from yesterday, April 8th, in this post. Screen capture is of Dad on the left, Mom's wings as she lands, and you can see two of the eaglets in front of Mom. Many thanks to Jim for making the videos and the screen captures possible!

http://youtu.be/bdQAXNpO4fg
4/8 (A little redecorating) 3:00pm CT - Dad begins to do a little redecorating with some nesting materials and the eaglets can be seen bobbing up and down in the nest bowl watching Dad hard at work. At about 4:18 into the video you can see D15 test its wings.

http://youtu.be/KCzycLN_4WI
4/8 (Home alone) 4:30pm CT - Mom takes off from the nest, leaving the eaglets home alone. About 20 minutes later Dad shows up and begins to nibble on some dinner for himself. The eaglets quickly react to Dad not sharing, so Dad offers them a few bites also. Mom returns and Dad instantly takes off.

http://youtu.be/dhN47pjnKMY
4/8 (A little of everything) 7:00pm CT - Mom is on the nest and we see Dad fly in, then Mom takes off soon after. Dad begins to check on leftovers in the nest and then suddenly we see D15 stand VERY tall in the nest bowl and begin showing off, complete with a "PS" at 1:48 into the video. A bit later we see Mom has returned and takes a turn with the leftovers. D15 begins a little head-bonking while Mom is working on leftovers. At about 4:47 into the video Mom begins to feed all three and it's quite obvious D15 has graduated to very large size bites. A day in the lives of the Decorah Eagles includes a little bit of everything.

http://youtu.be/Hxi79jaVrtE
4/8 (Final exchange and feeding for the day) 8:00pm CT - Dad arises from the nest bowl seemingly by being pushed from below. As soon as Mom returns, Dad takes off. Mom shimmys over the little ones and then the next scene finds Mom getting back up to begin the final feeding of the eaglets for the night. The final feeding includes some sibling rivalry, a "PS" and the perfect example of a very patient Mom who finally decides it's time to tuck them in for the night.

Thanks, Jim!

(I will normally try to post eaglet photos for you, but I could not resist getting a screen cap of Mom's beautiful wingspan for this post, which shows eaglets also. ;)~RR Mod~)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88425 Apr 10, 2013
This story is so sad. Bless his heart, trying to save one of God's creatures. He must have had a big heart. Our Creator will reward him for his compassion, I am sure.

Wyoming Man Hit and Killed Moving Injured Rabbit
The Wyoming Highway Patrol says a man was struck and killed by a car while apparently tending to an injured rabbit on a two-lane highway west of Laramie.

The patrol says 79-year-old William Kieren, of Laramie, died Sunday at a hospital in Fort Collins, Colo.

The accident occurred about 9 p.m. Saturday on Wyoming 230, about six miles west of Laramie.
A trooper says Kieren had stopped his vehicle along the highway and was on or near the center line when he was struck by an oncoming vehicle.
The patrol says the rabbit was still alive on the roadway and was eventually put down by a trooper.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/wyoming-ma...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88426 Apr 10, 2013
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Glad to see that Nope is back. AW continues to inspire, and I chuckle at his mildly sarcastic comments to the people who view life as a half empty glass (more like empty, actually). It's a beautiful day, and I will go visit Lilly, my pretty buckskin mare. I can't ride, but I can spoil her. The little guy's pony thinks he's a big stud, now that spring is in the air and he casts longing eyes at Lillie. But he's gelded, so it's only a long-lost dream for him. Abeliever is still sending her appreciated uplifting videos, and her on-target assessments of what is going on with mother earth. Have a sunshine-filled day. I'm going out to enjoy the weather, and to heck with the housework. The dust will still be there after I turn to dust. God Bless. Lala.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88427 Apr 10, 2013
Most Stunning Video of God's Amazing Creation

God gives us many miraculously gifts in our daily lives. Just look around you - every beautiful, intricate piece of God's creation is a gift we can barely understand. Thank you Lord for the world - and this video shows us just how magnificent it truly is!!!

http://www.godvine.com/Gods-Amazing-Creation-...

Hope you all enjoy the beautiful day we have been given.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88428 Apr 10, 2013
Cleaning. Had to stop and sit outside on the porcha a while. Oh it's beautiful!
omg

Ashland, KY

#88429 Apr 10, 2013
what

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88430 Apr 10, 2013
Came in the house and had to turn on my fan!! Wow.
omg

Ashland, KY

#88431 Apr 10, 2013
what
Lee Jay Cobb Salad

Lexington, KY

#88432 Apr 10, 2013
die birds!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min ChromiuMan 132,200
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 17 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,609
teena Marie mills 1 hr Jennifer 10
any women want to meet 1 hr lookeing 1
pullets and cocerels for sale, adult Buff Orpin... (Jun '13) 10 hr Deena 4
Pamela Hatfield, Michael Ramey, Brad Combs 10 hr Mother of the Year 1
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 12 hr Butter bean 23
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search