Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
74,241 - 74,260 of 81,588 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Happy Easter, my fine feathered friends. Hope that everyone had a nice day. AW, you will keep yourself young with all that exercise that you get. I could use you on my farm. As soon as the weather warms up a bit and the land dries out, we have to fix fences, start cleaning up the outbuildings,and mowing the grass will soon follow. Hubby and I are starting to exercise. I'm up to walking on my gravel road which leads to the back fields and the river. It's a half mile up and a half mile back. That's good for starters. I can gradually work up to two miles if I circle around both back fields before turning toward home. I have made good progress on getting better. Last year at this time, I was having surgery, the first of three procedures that almost had me at the undertakers. When I finally got home, I could only walk with the aid of a walker, and hubby had to help me do that. Now I'm walking for a mile at a brisk pace, and not landing on my arse every two feet. When I start feeling sorry for myself, I think back about how I was then, and how far I have come. Eventually, I may be able to ride a horse. That's my next goal. I thank Our Creator every day for giving me the courage to carry on.
Agree. I had a heart attack and a quad bypass 4 years ago, then a month later (4 years ago this past Monday) I had a carotid artery surgery and could not even speak from March to October. The surgeon had to move the nerve endings that controlled my vocal chords and the CREATOR saw fit for me to carry on and gave me 6 months of meditation to think without speaking before giving me back my voice. The Bible tells us "Be still and know that I am GOD" but it also tells us to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. So GOD knows that we need to do both.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom was my best friend but I realized it too late. They would both be 81 this year. Moms gone 20, dad 11 years. Funny thing sometimes it'll flash through my head "oh, I gotta tell mom this". Guess I'm in a melancholy mood this evening!
I lost both my parents 16 years ago and my wife 8 years ago and my career 3 years ago. That is when I came back after being gone for 50 years to the Homestead of my childhood and everything I touch and feel around here has some fond memory. Even the work is nostalgic, but no longer melancholy.

While working on the old smokehouse, I found a picture I had drawn on the wall out there in the 1950s. It was a child's rendering of a house with a fence and chickens on the ground and birds in the air and beneath it I had written my name and the caption "Home Sweet Home". I remodeled all around the wall but left that one piece to remind me that I am home. The CREATOR has trully blessed me. Often times we hear "GOD BLESS YOU". I contend that HE already has and now it is up to us to pass it on.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Dog is through stretching and rolling on the carpet and running outside to chase away the boogers and check out his tree. Now he wants us to go get some more rest. Good night/morning to all.
alpha

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

100 species of animals are pushed to the edge of extinction everyday. Look up how many species have become extinct since humans took over as the top of the food chain.
More so, look up how many times birds have just fell from the sky. Alfred Hitchcock's famous novel was based on the very phenomenon, look up swarms of fish dying or the bees disappearing.
Its us, we are destroying them. Maybe not on purpose but we are. We kill insects that eat our food, we blow up the earth to make way for our homes, our roads. We demolish entire forests to have paper and plastic and things that make our life easy.
Forget about our grandchildren, our future generations.
We're killing them. And we're killing us.
so true

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost both my parents 16 years ago and my wife 8 years ago and my career 3 years ago. That is when I came back after being gone for 50 years to the Homestead of my childhood and everything I touch and feel around here has some fond memory. Even the work is nostalgic, but no longer melancholy.
While working on the old smokehouse, I found a picture I had drawn on the wall out there in the 1950s. It was a child's rendering of a house with a fence and chickens on the ground and birds in the air and beneath it I had written my name and the caption "Home Sweet Home". I remodeled all around the wall but left that one piece to remind me that I am home. The CREATOR has trully blessed me. Often times we hear "GOD BLESS YOU". I contend that HE already has and now it is up to us to pass it on.
happy Easter , AW you are so right... We are already blessed. I guess at times we just forget how much , and who to thank for it .. I have been to the bottom , and seen the top , but I am happy just being alive. Many blessings to each and everyone of you today. Whereever you may be, may your heart be warmed today ...
Fudgetwatchesss

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Myth #1: Jesus came into the world by "virgin birth" and has no biological father.

Myth #2: Jesus is God.

Myth #3: Jesus' crucifixion was preordained.

Myth #4: Jesus came to establish Christianity.

Myth #5: Jesus was not supposed to marry and start a family.

Myth #6: No one was prepared to be Jesus' wife.

Myth #7: Mary fully supported Jesus in his mission.

Myth #8: Its too late for Jesus to be married now.

Myth #9: Jesus will come on the clouds to meet his followers in the sky at the rapture.

Myth #10: Jesus will fulfill the Second Coming himself.

This is a good read but I'm sure in KY nobody can understand that Jesus was a good idea but not real.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

@Fudge... whether your lists of myths are right or wrong is totally irrelevant. I prefer to live my life of one that includes "Faith, Hope, and Charity" only to find out that you were right all along instead of going through life believing your myths and finding out later that you are wrong.

In either case, I win and you lose.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Hope you all had a good night. The squirrel and the birds are fighting. Crazy!
jennifer

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

This is crazy.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Fudge... whether your lists of myths are right or wrong is totally irrelevant. I prefer to live my life of one that includes "Faith, Hope, and Charity" only to find out that you were right all along instead of going through life believing your myths and finding out later that you are wrong.
In either case, I win and you lose.
hahahahaha.....

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Cloudy and warm. Like it.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Fudgetwatchesss wrote:
Myth #1: Jesus came into the world by "virgin birth" and has no biological father.
Myth #2: Jesus is God.
Myth #3: Jesus' crucifixion was preordained.
Myth #4: Jesus came to establish Christianity.
Myth #5: Jesus was not supposed to marry and start a family.
Myth #6: No one was prepared to be Jesus' wife.
Myth #7: Mary fully supported Jesus in his mission.
Myth #8: Its too late for Jesus to be married now.
Myth #9: Jesus will come on the clouds to meet his followers in the sky at the rapture.
Myth #10: Jesus will fulfill the Second Coming himself.
This is a good read but I'm sure in KY nobody can understand that Jesus was a good idea but not real.
Actually, Jesus was real. Just ask Ed Young, the pastor of the Second Baptist Church, in Houston, Tx. In addition, his exact words, this morning, were, "The Crucifixion, and the Resurrection are still the most proven thing in antiquity!"

Look, my friend, I don't give a damn what you do, or do not believe, but it would be nice if you had had the upbringing not to post something like this, on such a Holy Day for Christians. You can laugh at me all you want, but shame on you! It won't be the first time that Big Stevie was ridiculed for trying to stand up for what's right.

Believe me when I say that it's one thing to believe, or disbelieve something, but it's pretty damned low to try to force your beliefs, or ridicule someone else, for what they believe. I fell sorry for you, my friend, for your lack of humanity, but Big Stevie will pray for you!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

I prefer being a faithful person than one without faith. The mind and heart control the way one lives his or her life. It does not matter who or what gives one the reason to have faith. We come from chromosomes which create us. Who or what created us comes from somewhere? Happy day to All;) The birds are singing and all is well...If only human kind would be as kind as the beasts upon this earth: canines who assist in time of dangers, birds protecting their young, wolves and doves who are monogamous. Yet, it is the human who lacks faith and kindness,love,compassion.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Everyone must be conked out after eating all that Easter candy. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Everyone must be conked out after eating all that Easter candy. lol
Not me, I had no candy.. just lunch and several channels and nothing to watch except the inside of my eyelids. LOL
apples

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

wagggh

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me, I had no candy.. just lunch and several channels and nothing to watch except the inside of my eyelids. LOL
I wish I could do that. You're lucky.
Tollesboro Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Jesus was real. Just ask Ed Young, the pastor of the Second Baptist Church, in Houston, Tx. In addition, his exact words, this morning, were, "The Crucifixion, and the Resurrection are still the most proven thing in antiquity!"
Look, my friend, I don't give a damn what you do, or do not believe, but it would be nice if you had had the upbringing not to post something like this, on such a Holy Day for Christians. You can laugh at me all you want, but shame on you! It won't be the first time that Big Stevie was ridiculed for trying to stand up for what's right.
Believe me when I say that it's one thing to believe, or disbelieve something, but it's pretty damned low to try to force your beliefs, or ridicule someone else, for what they believe. I fell sorry for you, my friend, for your lack of humanity, but Big Stevie will pray for you!
Hey BIG STEVIE,

I can not judge you but you will be judged. Just curious, if you don't believe in God, in whom do you believe? Do you believe this is it,on Earth for 80 or 90 years and in the blink of an eye, it's all over?

Jesus dying on the cross was to cover ALL sin until then and ALL sins until after he returns.If you confess to Jesus that you are a sinner ( we all are, we are humans)and die the watery death you will be reborn and your sins will be covered by his blood too.

Everything you listed as a myth actually proves the point. Jesus was born of a virgin Mother and lived a sinless life for 33 years. 3 days after he died on the cross, which he knew would happen, he rose from the dead not as a man but as a spirit. That's why it was possible for him to return to Heaven, from where he came.

After being baptized, you need to do your best not to sin but if you do, you will be forgiven. Then all you need to do, once YOU believe is to spread the word about Jesus.

Right now, all around us, angels and demons are are fighting for our soul. The Devil is very real. Every time I open my Bible to read it gives the Devil a headache.

Please, don't discount something you don't understand, it's clear you don't understand the history of the Church. The God of every other religion was born and died on Earth. Our God created the Universe just by speaking it.

Do yourself a favor. Pick up a Bible, read several verses of any chapter. The New Testament would be better. The Old Testament was God's law and was the old covenant. The new Testament is about Jesus, written primarily by Paul, and is the New Covenant. See how that makes you feel.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

hi stevie!

been a good minute since your last drop in....

happy Easter and that's just what i was thinking. weather or not one believes as i do, that Jesus was the son of God and when he died on the cross he paid for my sins...that is to each his own. but anyone stupid enough to say Jesus was not real obviously has been living under a rock. even if he was just a peace loving hippie that traveled the globe spreading the good news.... he was still real.... but don't mind the twit posting his gloom and myth nonsense..... there are no atheist in the electric chair :)

as a.w. pointed out i would rather find out i was wrong at the end of a happy faith filled life than the alternative. would love to be a fly on that wall when the poster meets his maker...lol

< side note>
spell check makes you capitalize Walmart but not God ....hmmm and we wonder whats wrong with the direction this world is heading in.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

There is much symbolism, ritual, and tradition from one religous denomination to another. But none of these in itself will make one's heart and life pure and clean and necessarily pleasing in the sight of GOD. All are just "man-made" interpretations of what man thinks GOD desires for humanity.

Just as one sibling within a family will have different characteristics as a brother or sister, the same exists within the Church. We are all GOD's children and JESUS gave us only the two main commandments as listed in Matthew 22: 36-39.

Hatred and Bigotry toward others who may practice their faith slightly different is NOT following these commandments. Going to church just one day a week or once a year at Easter is not the answer. One just needs to admit their past transgressions and Worship GOD daily and that can be done within the church organization or just as easily out among and respecting the CREATOR's creations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Reality 149,803
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min stuck in a lodi 130,222
Churches 32 min Preached 1
Charmaine Partin 1 hr Sad 2
dead beat mothers 2 hr oldlady 1
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 3 hr Momolovesmatthew 1
selfless love witnessed 3 hr IronHammer 1
Sheriff deputies 3 hr cant wait 16
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 7 hr Brain dead 8

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters