Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,648

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87951 Mar 27, 2013
It's nice out, but it's going to be fabulous this weekend. Happy Birds!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87952 Mar 27, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Sorry I didn't drop in to leave some cheerful videos and you had to look your own up. lol
Here you go. Enjoy!
Compilation of the Funniest Ring Bearers at Weddings
Kids do the funniest things... especially when they are involved in weddings! Watch what these funny little gentlemen did when they were ring bearers, you'll be laughing hard!
http://www.godvine.com/Funniest-Ring-Bearers-...
Kids are so adorable in these roles at weddings.
How to tame an ostrich!
http://msnvideo.msn.com/...
I love this one too, it is adorable from a creature that is scary:
Cute Bear Waves Hello to the Cameraman
In the middle of a beautiful park, a beautiful brown bear waved hello to a cameraman that was passing by. We don't blame this bear for being so happy, if we lived in the middle of God's beautiful creation we would be happy too!
http://www.godvine.com/Cute-Bear-Waves-Hello-...
i definitely missed them!

good to see you back....

hubby dvrs revolution but i have not begun to watch it tho he has been urging me to do so.....

isn't that the way it always gos? spouse says the sky is blue so you know it must be green but another comes along and points out the sky is blue and obviously it is so...lol

i have the rest of the week off from work and munchkins unfortunately since my best friend lost her job this morning and boss man called me in at the end of my shift today to tell me he was going to have to cut out Fridays :( im going to try really hard not to find something to fill that slot like i normally do since maybe it happened because god is telling me im going to need Fridays off for some reason .... so maybe i will just spend the next couple days on canoodling on the sofa with poodle and watch last season so i will be caught up.

i could have been the one to lose my job completly so im counting my blessings ... maybe i can make it my canning day or something...

and there i go again filling up my time.lol

hope you are enjoying the weather...i sure am.
hey

Frankfort, KY

#87955 Mar 27, 2013
scary
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87956 Mar 27, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It's nice out, but it's going to be fabulous this weekend. Happy Birds!
i just looked at the weather.... looks like the warm up is just going to be another teaser but i will take it! ready for it to be warm and the pool to open. ready for green and flowers.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87957 Mar 27, 2013
well im all caught up and have had my daily dose of feel good vids
(abeliever its days like these when i really want to give in to self pity and have a good cry that your little tidbits of inspiration come in so handy... just wanted to let you know someone appreciates them)

going to start dinner and then maybe i will check back in..... wonder where hempburn has been... wonder if he saw that bill 50 went thru....i know he will love that.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87958 Mar 27, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i just looked at the weather.... looks like the warm up is just going to be another teaser but i will take it! ready for it to be warm and the pool to open. ready for green and flowers.
Yes, I am a Winter person usually, but this year it just made me ache. I am SO ready for Spring.
obamadontcare

Corbin, KY

#87960 Mar 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
It appears the fake "Nope" from Hazard really WAS digging fake post holes. LOL My hammer has been put away for the evening, so these arthritic, cold fingers won't drop it any more today. LOL
Maybe the other Nope can come up with an eyeball too. And then, maybe they will see 'eye to eye' on things! haha! might be hard to look'm in the eyes though, one eye would be look'n one way and the other eye look'n the other way ! LOL hooooweeee!!!
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87961 Mar 27, 2013
GREAT; Now I see Rodney Dangerfield ! ahh, I guess two eyes are better than one, but on the other hand, A bird in hand is worth two in the bush !!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#87966 Mar 27, 2013
Easy come, easy go. LOL
bird watcher

Richmond, KY

#87971 Mar 27, 2013
was hit by a jay bird!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87973 Mar 27, 2013
Calling it a night. Going to be up at 4am for sure tomorrow.
old irish

AOL

#87980 Mar 27, 2013
According to new data released by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 19.7 million new venereal infections in the United States in 2008, bringing the total number of existing sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in the U.S. at that time to 110,197,000.

The 19.7 million new STIs in 2008 vastly outpaced the new jobs and college graduates created in the United States that year or any other year on record, according to government data. The competition was not close.

The STI study referenced by the CDC estimated that 50 percent of the new infections in 2008 occurred among people in the 15-to-24 age bracket. In fact, of the 19,738,800 total new STIs in the United States in 2008, 9,782,650 were among Americans in the 15-to-24 age bracket.
Anne

United States

#87981 Mar 27, 2013
betty wrote:
Kentucky Legislature Passes Hemp Bill, Rand Paul Vows Support From D.C.
Mike Riggs|Mar. 27, 2013 10:49 am
Kentucky Senate joined the House in approving a hemp regulation bill last night. This morning, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) released a statement applauding the bill's passage and promising to continue to push for a federal waiver from the Controlled Substances Act for future Kentucky hemp growers:
“I commend the Kentucky General Assembly for final passage of Senate Bill 50. I want to thank Kentucky Commissioner of Agriculture James Comer, Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Paul Hornback and the members of the Kentucky Industrial Hemp Commission for their leadership and hard work in passing this legislation,” Sen. Paul said.
“Senate Bill 50 is an important step forward in the reintroduction of industrial hemp in Kentucky. I have pledged, along with Rep. John Yarmuth, to seek a waiver when a regulatory framework is in place. I will follow through on that pledge and I hope that Kentucky will soon start growing hemp, creating jobs and leading the nation in this industry again.”
Earlier this month, libertarian activist Matt Hurtt wrote for Reason about Kentucky's push for industrial hemp legalization, and the support role Paul and Sen. Mitch McConnell are playing at the federal level.
http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/27/kentucky-le...
yay:) sad we almost had to go bankrupt first
Way back in, oh, 1996? 1997?, I worked part time in an extension office in KY. There were experimental crops of hemp at various farms in our county at that time. AG agent took great delight in bringing mature stalks(?) and leaves into the office and waving them in our faces. Lol.
Used to be large hemp farms up and down the ohio river many many years ago.
Anne

United States

#87982 Mar 27, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> Thats only because morel mushrooms don't grow in the afghani desert ! lol
I LOVED those mushrooms !!! Then all at once one year I became allergic to them. Oh, id get soooo sick!!! Now I can't even fix them as even the smell makes me nauseous!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#87983 Mar 28, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Way back in, oh, 1996? 1997?, I worked part time in an extension office in KY. There were experimental crops of hemp at various farms in our county at that time. AG agent took great delight in bringing mature stalks(?) and leaves into the office and waving them in our faces. Lol.
Used to be large hemp farms up and down the ohio river many many years ago.
My grandfather raised it prior to WW2 and sold it to the government to make ropes for ships. It still grows wild around here and the helicopters fly all around looking for amateur farmers. WW2 would probably have not been won without it. We knew all about hemp, but knew nothing about MJ until the Hippies went to Woodstock.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87984 Mar 28, 2013
Sure do love these early mornings.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#87985 Mar 28, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVED those mushrooms !!! Then all at once one year I became allergic to them. Oh, id get soooo sick!!! Now I can't even fix them as even the smell makes me nauseous!
That sounds about like me and and drinking bourbon. LOL On my 21st birthday. I bought a 1/2 pint of rot gut and chugged it all down just like one would do a Coca Cola. Back then, the "cure all" was chicken noodle soup so after 3 days of death, I went to the local Greasy Spoon and bought a bowl of the soup. When it came out with the grease floating on top, I was sick again. LOL

To this day, I do not drink bourbon or eat chicken noodle soup. Five years after that episode, someone brought in some chocolate candy to the office. I grabbed a piece and puked right then and there all over their desk. LOL It was "bourbon balls".
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#87986 Mar 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Sure do love these early mornings.
Me too. I love to wake up and make a good hot cup of coffee and watch the CREATOR's new day come over the hill. It should be here soon.
So true

Franklin, KY

#87987 Mar 28, 2013
Great morning, would love a big pot of chocolate gravy.. With some fresh biscuits.. Oh my fat tail don't need it anyway.. Better head out,,,u all have a great day.. Many hugs to each of you:)..
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87989 Mar 28, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. What a beautiful day out. Birds are everywhere singing up a storm. Love it. 34 degrees going on 51 today. Come on Spring!!!

What's with all the gaps? Someone was posting as Nope? Wow, It has been awhile since we were invaded by trolls like that.

And where is Hempburn? Like betty, I wonder if he heard about the new bill? haha I hope him and little biscuit are doing alright. He must be busy getting that bike and smoker ready for the season. lol

Anne, I hope you find some shrooms, we have plenty around here. I love them.

For Ancient Wolf:

Howling Wolves Aren't Quite In Tune
http://msnvideo.msn.com/...

I hope everyone has a great day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min The Apostle 5,974
Mike Smith, Mike Warren, Mike Baker 15 min Also saying 8
thieves on 1527 23 min peek a boo 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min positronium 154,352
Judge ex and mayor have free db festival tickets 36 min Beggars 2
kC principal injured 51 min idk 10
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr SistaNoneYa 131,084
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 9 hr curious 16
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 14 hr gator 26
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info