Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,734

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#87881 Mar 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered why you were posting all during the night!!! Last night I did a little of that except I use the iPhone and just prop myself up on the pillows. Sometimes I read some of those books I buy 3@$1.49 from the local Goodwill. At that time of night the books have to be easy reads!
I generally go to bed with the chickens and get up with the dog making about 3 or 4 passes at sleeping. LOL Television is not hardly worth staying up much longer than the news, which I rarely watch anyways.
twisted words

United States

#87883 Mar 26, 2013
Too many hammers in the picture hanging, knocking things apart.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#87884 Mar 26, 2013
risinsun wrote:
<quoted text>
thereare lots of pretty birds in audobon park
And all this time I thought the House of the Rising Sun was in New Orleans only to find out it is in Owensboro LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87885 Mar 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad that you have time off to look forward to. Still having insomnia, huh? Well, me too, and it isn't fun. I wait for daybreak on many occasions.
I have had insomnia since age 16. It has been good and bad and worse. My comment on it usually is "I'll sleep when I'm dead". I think that's as good as it gets.
xxx

Frankfort, KY

#87886 Mar 26, 2013
during my bathroom break, i dropped the kids off at the pool
Anne

United States

#87887 Mar 26, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I have had insomnia since age 16. It has been good and bad and worse. My comment on it usually is "I'll sleep when I'm dead". I think that's as good as it gets.
I have never suffered from insomnia the way you do. If it happens I bring it on myself by drinking soft drinks or tea with caffeine! Even when I have them early in the day the caffeine destroys my sleep . I know of a couple friends that had a difficult time motivating of a morning and had stiff joints. Their problem turned out to be aspertaine poisoning! One from diet Mtn dew and the other from diet cokes! A couple weeks doing without certainly improved their condition so they didn't start the diet drinks again! In a nutshell I guess there's nothing good about soft drinks!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87888 Mar 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never suffered from insomnia the way you do. If it happens I bring it on myself by drinking soft drinks or tea with caffeine! Even when I have them early in the day the caffeine destroys my sleep . I know of a couple friends that had a difficult time motivating of a morning and had stiff joints. Their problem turned out to be aspertaine poisoning! One from diet Mtn dew and the other from diet cokes! A couple weeks doing without certainly improved their condition so they didn't start the diet drinks again! In a nutshell I guess there's nothing good about soft drinks!
That's true. I drink a LOT of water at work. And, I don't have any ckes aftr I get off from work. I think mine is stress related. I felt stresed a lot from an early age. If hey made a pill that made my brain shut off I would be able to sleep but that never happens. It is what it is.
Anne

United States

#87889 Mar 26, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>That's true. I drink a LOT of water at work. And, I don't have any ckes aftr I get off from work. I think mine is stress related. I felt stresed a lot from an early age. If hey made a pill that made my brain shut off I would be able to sleep but that never happens. It is what it is.
I do know of something that really relaxes me!!! I go the chiropractor and after an adjustment I get a massage!! One $25 co-pay covers both and the massage is for one hour! I will say this , if it doesn't help you relax to let you sleep the massage is still mighty fine!!! The chiropractor I go to has 3 masseuse and each one is so different from the other . So if you do this try out a few different ones so you will know what you like best.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87890 Mar 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know of something that really relaxes me!!! I go the chiropractor and after an adjustment I get a massage!! One $25 co-pay covers both and the massage is for one hour! I will say this , if it doesn't help you relax to let you sleep the massage is still mighty fine!!! The chiropractor I go to has 3 masseuse and each one is so different from the other . So if you do this try out a few different ones so you will know what you like best.
Good idea!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#87891 Mar 26, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>That's true. I drink a LOT of water at work. And, I don't have any ckes aftr I get off from work. I think mine is stress related. I felt stresed a lot from an early age. If hey made a pill that made my brain shut off I would be able to sleep but that never happens. It is what it is.
I agree-- mine is just how my brain works. Work related stress only aggravates mine. It's like my brain catches on things and I can't shut it off long enough to get into dreamland. After many years, I've learned to work around it.
So true

Franklin, KY

#87892 Mar 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
And all this time I thought the House of the Rising Sun was in New Orleans only to find out it is in Owensboro LOL
another great song, done in all forms..
So true

Franklin, KY

#87893 Mar 26, 2013
Hope you all do rest well tonight., it does tend to stress you out even more when we don't rest.. May you all be sang to sleep tonight by sweet songs of your childhood.. Mine was always daddy's girl.. What I would not give to go back to that time again.. Love ya daddy, I will always be daddy's girl.. Here is to all the great dads out there and who have gone on..,,much love
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87894 Mar 26, 2013
two nights in a row... no abeliever....had to look up my own inspirations and everything :( hope everythings ok... havent ehecked my email ina month..... guess i will do that now...
Blueminer

United States

#87895 Mar 27, 2013
Been a long time since I checked in. Looks ilke some are not posting as much as they used to. I started to post a few weeks ago but it looked like the troll invasion was back on, so I left it alone.

Is this global warming thing coming to an end or what? Or does it just appear that way in our neighborhood? Whats the science update on that?

Been truckin hard! When I get isomnia I just tear out a sheet, grab another, embellish a bit and viola! Three mo hours! So I make another 200 miles.

D.O.T. man if you're reading, I'm just kidding.
Blueminer

United States

#87896 Mar 27, 2013
Almost forgot...HOWLS it goin Ancient Wolf? And everyone else. Hello and good night Everyone! Gotta get some sleep now.
poot

Morehead, KY

#87897 Mar 27, 2013
goodnight

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87898 Mar 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree-- mine is just how my brain works. Work related stress only aggravates mine. It's like my brain catches on things and I can't shut it off long enough to get into dreamland. After many years, I've learned to work around it.
I know how that is. Can't sleep. Thinking too much about all the things I need to do. It's INSANE!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#87899 Mar 27, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Almost forgot...HOWLS it goin Ancient Wolf? And everyone else. Hello and good night Everyone! Gotta get some sleep now.
Good Morning Blue. I won't tell DOT on you but you must reciprocate LOL I think Global Warming has been placed on the back burner in lieu of all this bombardment on Gay marriage. I wish they would just let those fools get on with theirselves and Shut up and let the chips fall where they may. Remember the story on Sodom and Gomorrah.

Too many people are trying to tell others how to live or not live including not drinking big colas, smoking, ad infinitum. If people want to engage in activities that do them in, let em. I won't be standing on the sidewalk telling some fool to jump or not jump, I will just get out of his way so he won't land on me. LOL

Much to do outdoors over the next few days and weeks and looking forward to doing that instead of sitting in the house looking out the window at all the rain and snow and mud. Life is Good. GOD is GREAT. Be SAFE out there, the life you save might be mine. LOL
So true

Franklin, KY

#87900 Mar 27, 2013
Great morn,, be safe all..

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87901 Mar 27, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Perhaps you can ask your doctor about a mild sleeping medication. I once had a two-month bout of insomnia that allowed me only two to four hours of sleep per night. Then I would have to go to work which required me to drive a fair distance from the different places where I consulted. On the way home,after a 10 or 11 hour day, I would be dozing behind the wheel, which was not good. Anyway, I took the sleep med for a couple of months, but not before days off. I slept 6 or 7 hours per night, and it reset my sleep. Now, I am retired like AW and I have no schedule, except for our little guy, but I get up like clockwork at 6 in the morning. I do have the luxury of a nap later in the day, if I need one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To the Garland family 5 min EDozier 10
terry smith from the creek 16 min Blah 11
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 29 min Edozier 17
dinky phipps 33 min Edozier 20
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min spaceship 132,245
pte boys 54 min for real 3
hau mings mexican restaurant 1 hr Stuk 5
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News