Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87815 Mar 25, 2013
Partner delivering in Paducah today. Can't really understand that man? He gets me riled by saying the darnedest things. Oh well. The rain and light snow coming down here. Birds are chirping though. Am looking forward to the better weather. Seeds in cups in the windows. Hopefully, they do well. Got some basil started. All we can do is take each day as a blessing and be appreciative of all we do have. It could be worse. Blessings to all. Especially OJG haven't heard about her Dad. Blessings and thoughts be with her. You good Folks have a pleasant afternoon. I have a lot to do:)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87816 Mar 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Partner delivering in Paducah today. Can't really understand that man? He gets me riled by saying the darnedest things. Oh well. The rain and light snow coming down here. Birds are chirping though. Am looking forward to the better weather. Seeds in cups in the windows. Hopefully, they do well. Got some basil started. All we can do is take each day as a blessing and be appreciative of all we do have. It could be worse. Blessings to all. Especially OJG haven't heard about her Dad. Blessings and thoughts be with her. You good Folks have a pleasant afternoon. I have a lot to do:)
Ah, cut Partner a break. They all say the darned silly things from time to time. Don't sweat the small stuff, and you will find that you will be happier for it. It took me a long, long, long time to finally get this idea through my thick skull. Life went smoother once I did. Consider this, you cannot control another's behavior, only your own. Sometimes, a person's reaction to a problem determines the size of the problem, to begin with . Think about it.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87817 Mar 25, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, cut Partner a break. They all say the darned silly things from time to time. Don't sweat the small stuff, and you will find that you will be happier for it. It took me a long, long, long time to finally get this idea through my thick skull. Life went smoother once I did. Consider this, you cannot control another's behavior, only your own. Sometimes, a person's reaction to a problem determines the size of the problem, to begin with . Think about it.
Thank you, your words really do help me. I do agree, don't sweat the small stuff. and I'll take your advice because you have a long relationship;) and such a caring man. I kind of compare partner to a goat. Hehe. He blames my behavior on the hormones and says I'm a " challenge." Wonder if it could be that " thick skull" you're referring. LOL. You have a good one. I have to go until later. Bless you:)
Good morning

United States

#87819 Mar 25, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
We've just got to grow more veggies and fruit, raise chickens, cows for milk and meat, etc. Rural people have it over on the city folks, but those city folks will try to get ours when they run out. I do not worry. Let's say that I just try to be proactive. I do feel sad for the little kids growing up now. They will never have it as good as we did.
We just moved here a few years ago and haven't put out that first garden but I do believe this will be the summer to start a few chickens! Maybe some of those "Easter egg " chickens! I think that'll be fun for the kids and will still fill the egg tray. I don't even have a chicken coop so I'm starting from scratch! I need to get a rhubarb and asparagus patch started! Maybe a couple apple trees? Ah, my fantasy life!!!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#87820 Mar 25, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with this. After 41 years, my partner died and it was only then that I realized that all that small stuff that we each sweated over for all those years did not amount to a hill of beans It would be good to have some small stuff to fret about again. Song for the Day...

Vern Gosden... Written in Stone.
So I brought some pretty flowers
Hoping you would understand
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#87821 Mar 25, 2013
sorry, the song is

Vern Gosdin... Chiseled in Stone
So true

Morgantown, KY

#87822 Mar 25, 2013
Great song,, by one of a kind singer..
So true

Morgantown, KY

#87823 Mar 25, 2013
Many songs touch our hearts and bring fond memories to our minds.. That is the joy of music..
Good morning

United States

#87824 Mar 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with this. After 41 years, my partner died and it was only then that I realized that all that small stuff that we each sweated over for all those years did not amount to a hill of beans It would be good to have some small stuff to fret about again. Song for the Day...
Vern Gosden... Written in Stone.
So I brought some pretty flowers
Hoping you would understand
Sorry about your loss. We're hitting 42 years this year and I'm doing better not sweating the small stuff as much as I used to. It's a more of a live and let live thing....mostly. Then there are times though when .....well, you know ! Lol I guess the way to handle it is just to see the humor in it as in " wow , that time we got so mad because I wanted to paint the room blue and (she) wanted it green. We didnt speak for 2 days! That was crazy silly!" Lol hmmm. I'm not there yet with our small stuff.... Lol
one

Barbourville, KY

#87826 Mar 25, 2013
mvkmv

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87827 Mar 25, 2013
Crap!! It snowed all day! I need my Spring.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#87828 Mar 25, 2013
I bumped my head of the upper kitchen cabinet doors left open more times than I can count, so when I remodeled the homestead I put in some oak shelving and threw out all the cabinets and years of spring loaded tupperware that jumps out into your face like a "Jack-n-the-Box". LOL

A 4' 11" woman and a 6' 1" man are just going to have some differences. hahaha
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87829 Mar 25, 2013
There was one day I knew partner be home so I left the fresh seal entact on the Folgers can. Hehehe. He says O Honey, why in the world do you leave that thing on there? I replied, Well, you smell that coffee; well it keeps it fresh. I just knew he'd be fixing the coffee. Never hurts to have a little fun. Guess, those cabinets could really hurt if they whacked you in the right places.LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87830 Mar 25, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Crap!! It snowed all day! I need my Spring.
It's kind of like having a name only marriage with no pleasure it. No warm backside or anything. It will be nice seeing all the gardens and flowers in blooms. My seedlings sprouted unfortunately I had to replant today due to mold. I have faith they'll survive. Forget- me- nots and basil;) Just a trying to get started:)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87831 Mar 25, 2013
woke up this morning to a blank t.v. and no internet.....

hubby - not amused
me- whoops

second time since the new year i have forgotten and they have shut it off.....think its time i set up auto pay but ohhhh! the fit he threw!!!

had to walk the other direction so he wouldn't see me rolling my eyes and snickering.... i cant help it...but i can hide it. big baby
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87832 Mar 25, 2013
betty wrote:
woke up this morning to a blank t.v. and no internet.....
hubby - not amused
me- whoops
second time since the new year i have forgotten and they have shut it off.....think its time i set up auto pay but ohhhh! the fit he threw!!!
had to walk the other direction so he wouldn't see me rolling my eyes and snickering.... i cant help it...but i can hide it. big baby
Well, I'm glad that I have found a woman who shares similar experiences. I believe we all do. Mine was joking about coming home with piercings in his eyes, lips, eyebrows, nose and full sleeves. Maybe with something like a mullet. I swear, I think he just tries to tick me off sometimes. But I'm with you, I have my days. I love him and will keep him as long as life endures;) Love and life with our children is where happiness lies;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87833 Mar 25, 2013
Eyes, hehehe well , corner of the brows.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87834 Mar 25, 2013
Good morning wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about your loss. We're hitting 42 years this year and I'm doing better not sweating the small stuff as much as I used to. It's a more of a live and let live thing....mostly. Then there are times though when .....well, you know ! Lol I guess the way to handle it is just to see the humor in it as in " wow , that time we got so mad because I wanted to paint the room blue and (she) wanted it green. We didnt speak for 2 days! That was crazy silly!" Lol hmmm. I'm not there yet with our small stuff.... Lol
Congratulations, 42 years. I think the better times outshine the bad especially with the roller coaster ride of life. Sometimes I can figure things out in a mere few hours while partner dwells on it for months and years. I tell him explain yourself and I will eventually understand;) He thought I wanted n expensive wedding, a two week honeymoon and didn't know how it was going to be possible. He only gets 7 days at a time. I said, Honey did I ask for something like that. He said, Nope. I said, Exactly, I'd like a two day getaway in the forest somewhere. Us,alone and nature. He said,Well Heck I've been thinking about this going on years now.How I could afford it, the time off? Well, TMI, I guess. But sure glad for you.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87835 Mar 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I'm glad that I have found a woman who shares similar experiences. I believe we all do. Mine was joking about coming home with piercings in his eyes, lips, eyebrows, nose and full sleeves. Maybe with something like a mullet. I swear, I think he just tries to tick me off sometimes. But I'm with you, I have my days. I love him and will keep him as long as life endures;) Love and life with our children is where happiness lies;)
i have just learned over the years that things go better when he thinks everything is his idea....... of course when things don't go as planned he is quick to say "oh why did you let me do this or that,"and im quick to remind him that he would not want to live with a woman who tells him what to do all the time.... but of course in reality i am the brains of the out fit.... i just dont tell him that :) then everything would be my fault see..... and we cant have that...lol

its a dance....

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87836 Mar 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> It's kind of like having a name only marriage with no pleasure it. No warm backside or anything. It will be nice seeing all the gardens and flowers in blooms. My seedlings sprouted unfortunately I had to replant today due to mold. I have faith they'll survive. Forget- me- nots and basil;) Just a trying to get started:)
I'm just sick of snow and wind and such. I need the 70's right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brett 25 min Obvious 6
judy basinger (Jul '09) 36 min Respect 17
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 45 min Known Fact 131,920
dinky phipps 1 hr Yep 4
VCR tapes to DVD tapes 4 hr Jackie 1
who's the best lay from the creek 5 hr wondering 6
truck payments 5 hr hookah 17
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 13 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 14 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info