Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,961 - 73,980 of 81,565 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?!?!
Soak watermelon slices in tequila, then dip in coarse salt. OMG, it's a margarita you can eat!!!!!!
Will be trying this poolside this summer. Yummy
that is awesome... bet it would work and be good with strawberry's too!

did it say how long to soak them?
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Sorry, something got attached to that video. Here try again. It is hilarious.
Kitten Sounds Like A Goat
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
For OJG, where is she? lala, AW, you heard anything from her. I will have to shoot her an email and see how she is. Miss her.
Best Goat Edition Compilation - Top 10 - Screaming Goat Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I know she would like these goats. lol
my cat makes a similar sound when i let the moths in at night so they can chase them around.... the others just kill them and leave them on the floor for me to sweep up, but she eats them and then meows weird like this for hours.... i always thought maybe they are still alive and stuck in her throat but my boss said alot of them make these weird sounds when they are eying some prey too...like a bird thru a window or bug on the wall..... definitely strange sounding but funny. he said too that i should prolly not promote them eating bugs a lot (duh) lol... but im not going for longevity but for them to be fat and happy till they die.... so i say eat on if it makes her happy, she has no interest in toys and such so this is the only exercise she gets most days.
Hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i with you on the glade thing too.... they all mess with my nose but i have never had that problem with febreeze fabric refresher or room spray.
Glade does me in too! Can't even walk down the "candle aisle " at Walmart without getting a headache! Frebreeze works fine for me and this is a simple recipe !!! Just may give it a try!!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I could not care any less about the judge-its, I spent a nice day working outside and came in just a while ago and had my beans, taters, and corn bread and finished off with a bite size Milky Way. Life is good, GOD is GREAT, judge-its are ridiculous LOL.
big resounding yupp on all that... you would think by now they would figure out we all aint going anywhere.... wish i had that much time to waste click clicking without even reading. guess some are scared by a gathering of so many who thank for themselves. also... on the subject of bite sized candy bars and such..... i think they shrunk the reese cup again...
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Glade does me in too! Can't even walk down the "candle aisle " at Walmart without getting a headache! Frebreeze works fine for me and this is a simple recipe !!! Just may give it a try!!
yes the candle aisle is bad on me too also and the perfum one too. i aviod them both like the plague and hang out in the meat section while hubby fetches the cat litter and cue tips (both close to the problem areas)

anything with a hint of fake peach fragrance seems to get me sneezing quick too. they took my tonsils and my adenoids out when i was really young and was told "oh now you wont have a runny nose" lies! it runs like faucet with out a stopper now....
You know who

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Haha
Free Thinker

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Can I just say that if the news and commercial media is owned by a corporation....and corporations are who pay for the presidential candidates to get elected....and the presidents answer to the corporations who sponsored them before the people who so called "elected" them.....then why would they allow such a show that "exposes" conspiracy theories to be aired on such networks owned by this corporations? Always question.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?!?!
Soak watermelon slices in tequila, then dip in coarse salt. OMG, it's a margarita you can eat!!!!!!
Will be trying this poolside this summer. Yummy
I have known people to take a watermelon and plug a hole in the top and pour in vodka or tequila, then plug it back up and chill. I never tried it though, because I don't want to ruin my watermelon LOL plus I don't drink anything alcoholic except for an occasional beer and I doubt that beer and melon are very tastey together. LOL

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Hello wrote:
(It's not morning so I didn't use my usual "Good Morning" name).
About spoons. I love the thrift shops and in my wanderings in such places I notice that many many times there are no spoons for sale. Kitchen knives, table knives, some forks but no spoons.
Now I've read several books about the homeless and others that spend their lives moving about with backpacks and they always have a spoon. Spoons can be used to eat soup, cut a steak and even eat the steak. Most versatile of the eating utensils!!
So, I have come to the conclusion that thrift shops (Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul, etc) send the donated spoons to the homeless. Not to be left out, I have my very own "homeless"spoon. I don't carry it in my bibs pocket to be lost in the outhouse hole , but its close at hand and reminds
me how blessed I am!
Great post! Thank you!!
Presley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
that is awesome... bet it would work and be good with strawberry's too!
did it say how long to soak them?
Sounds similar to "hooch" in that you pour pure grain alcohol, vodka, or even rum or tequila, into a huge bucket or tub, then cut up all kinds of fruit--especially citrus fruits--soak for several hours. If you eat the fruit....watch out!!!! I don't drink anymore either, this was from my younger, wilder days.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Going to put out some seed this morning. It's going to be a windy, rainy day. Hope the birds stay safe.
Presley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Guess I left off the ingredients. hahaha
What you'll need:
1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used Downy April Fresh)
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot tap water
Spray bottle (I used my empty 27 oz. Febreze bottle)
Preparation:
Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don't forget to twist the nozzle over to the LOCK position if you're using a Febreze bottle, or you might fall on your hiney. Now go spray every fabric surface in your house and take a nap on your very comfortable and now un-stinky couch.:)
Store-bought Febreze:$5.59
Homemade Febreze:$0.15
Total Savings:$5.44 OR 97.35!
Man!!! Just yesterday I bought the Febreze with Gain smell. You better believe I will save that bottle and try your method next time!! Thanks!
xxx

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Just more big piles of junk/debris.
So true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

aka Deja Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post! Thank you!!
I love that as well.. We just don't stop and think of how lucky we really are sometimes . We take so many small things for granted. I'm takin my rosť colored glasses off.. I need to clean them one.. Hugs to you all ..
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Free Thinker wrote:
Can I just say that if the news and commercial media is owned by a corporation....and corporations are who pay for the presidential candidates to get elected....and the presidents answer to the corporations who sponsored them before the people who so called "elected" them.....then why would they allow such a show that "exposes" conspiracy theories to be aired on such networks owned by this corporations? Always question.
because it desensitizes the population.... whats sad is when the time comes most ppl will be so dead set on not believing whats right in front of them that most will sit and do nothing out of pure pride and stubbornness.

they depend on 99 percent of us being none other than human and not wanting our own downfalls pointed out.

see the thing that gets me out about most (not all) but most conspiracy theorist is that they are so intent on getting their point across that they forget that you catch more flies with honey and they down right demand that you subscribe to their reality.

really just chat with a few and you will see what im talking about... its "this is the way it is and your stupid for not seeing it the way it is" and tho they set out on a mission to help people they cant squash their condescending nature long enough to be anything but counteractive to their own cause.

the corporations, government, and media just have to sit back and chill (and occasionally point and laugh) and things will take care of themselves naturally. in the mean time they can sell us all bug out bags for three times the cost of simply buying a back pack, some hot hands, a pair of scissors, some rope, and a first aid kit.... and just sit back and watch the dollars roll in. they depend on mass panic to pay the bills for them and with each passing end date...like 12/12/12... that people will get tired of worrying about it all and go back to pretending that life is just gum drops and rainbows and good old uncle sam has their backs.

i believe that no one can be completely right all the time just the same as no one can be completely wrong all the time.... so its kind of ridiculous to me that any one would think that every conspiracy theorist out there is just a stark raving lunatic. but people will always hang on to what they view as the truth either way if it makes them right.obviously there is a good amount of truth to what they say.... how else do you explain 1 percent of human kind wiping their bums with dollar bills while every one else starves? obviously there is corruption there! but if you allow your self to get all bent out of shape about it then how can you expect to make well planned decisions for your self and your loved ones? how do you expect to enjoy what time we do have left before the shtf?

so of course they let the conspiracy theorist shows stay on the air.... its the easiest way to cause alternating bouts of both panic and numbness until one day your sitting on the couch flipping channels and you come across another doomsday documentary or prepper show and you roll your eyes and just keep on flipping. complete desensitization.

if everyone would stay calm and look at things rationally, they could prepare for the worst in cost effective ways and still find time to enjoy life.
Hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
but if you allow your self to get all bent out of shape about it then how can you expect to make well planned decisions for your self and your loved ones? how do you expect to enjoy what time we do have left before the shtf?
so of course they let the conspiracy theorist shows stay on the air.... its the easiest way to cause alternating bouts of both panic and numbness until one day your sitting on the couch flipping channels and you come across another doomsday documentary or prepper show and you roll your eyes and just keep on flipping. complete desensitization.
I do agree with you on this! We have been desensitized almost to the point of not believing then something happens and we panic again. This happens time and time again. Could this be the underlying reason I am a pack rat? And the reason I feel so guilty I don't raise a garden? I am concerned about how I'd make do without all my conveniences that have become my necessities!*sigh*
GIG

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Skeptical

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
because it desensitizes the population.... whats sad is when the time comes most ppl will be so dead set on not believing whats right in front of them that most will sit and do nothing out of pure pride and stubbornness.
they depend on 99 percent of us being none other than human and not wanting our own downfalls pointed out.
see the thing that gets me out about most (not all) but most conspiracy theorist is that they are so intent on getting their point across that they forget that you catch more flies with honey and they down right demand that you subscribe to their reality.
really just chat with a few and you will see what im talking about... its "this is the way it is and your stupid for not seeing it the way it is" and tho they set out on a mission to help people they cant squash their condescending nature long enough to be anything but counteractive to their own cause.
the corporations, government, and media just have to sit back and chill (and occasionally point and laugh) and things will take care of themselves naturally. in the mean time they can sell us all bug out bags for three times the cost of simply buying a back pack, some hot hands, a pair of scissors, some rope, and a first aid kit.... and just sit back and watch the dollars roll in. they depend on mass panic to pay the bills for them and with each passing end date...like 12/12/12... that people will get tired of worrying about it all and go back to pretending that life is just gum drops and rainbows and good old uncle sam has their backs.
i believe that no one can be completely right all the time just the same as no one can be completely wrong all the time.... so its kind of ridiculous to me that any one would think that every conspiracy theorist out there is just a stark raving lunatic. but people will always hang on to what they view as the truth either way if it makes them right.obviously there is a good amount of truth to what they say.... how else do you explain 1 percent of human kind wiping their bums with dollar bills while every one else starves? obviously there is corruption there! but if you allow your self to get all bent out of shape about it then how can you expect to make well planned decisions for your self and your loved ones? how do you expect to enjoy what time we do have left before the shtf?
if everyone would stay calm and look at things rationally, they could prepare for the worst in cost effective ways and still find time to enjoy life.
You have expressed my thoughts exactly. You are one smart cookie.
xxx

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

The addicts need to contact Dr. Phil.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, my feathered friends. It is cold and rainy outside, and I have more birds than I could possibly count. They are everywhere...In the trees, on the grass, on my house, on my car, on my deck, etc., etc., etc. They are also leaving their "presents" for me to try to clean up. I love birds,but my place is starting to look like the Alfred Hitchcock movie. There are starlings, blackbirds, cardinals, bluejays, a blue heron on the pond bank. They are everywhere. I don't need to leave out bird seed; they are finding plenty of their own.. In addition, they are eating the dog food left for the outside dogs. Those who are in need of birds, please come and get some. Yikes. The starlings are filling my trees, and when they decide to move en mass, they flutter their wings which makes the creepiest sound. Perhaps I am a rest stop on an annual migration. I hope so because I can't keep up with cleaning after them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Please Ladies answer this question for me 4 min Justgottaknow863 6
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DITCH MITCH 147,177
1 Blessing From God 1 hr Stephen Levi 21
Our guys.... not the best guy 1 hr sealthetruth 11
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr part time christian 129,039
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 3 hr snooger 11
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 3 hr Bret 5
john sowders 4 hr stephanie 7
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 6 hr Huh 18
New club in Barbourville? 17 hr my real name 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000