Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,921 - 73,940 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 24

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Good morning to all of my most favorite posters in Topixland!! Hope you all are well today and have some fun or restful plans ahead.

"Good morning", I did some thinking last night about your woodpecker attracting dilemma. I could swear that I've seen suet cakes at Tractor Supply that stated they were woodpecker attractors. You might want to check that out, or even do a Google search for home made suet cakes that you can make at home, no doubt being much cheaper on your wallet.

*Be forewarned though that the 'binder' for suet cakes is made from animal fats and it can go rancid quickly during the warmer months. It's recommended for cold weather feedings. I'd hate to see you find a recipe and then kill these lovely creatures unwittingly... Perhaps you could simply put out some of the seed and nut ingredients, minus the 'fat' binder, around an old log on your property? That might lure one in for you.

Good luck!
Good Morning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

The suet cakes sound like a good option! You"guys" may have just motivated me into action on this! I did google pileated woodpeckers and there's even a birdhouse plan! With all or most of you being country with woods, gardens, and farms I knew you probably had more experience with these birds! Many people don't even know they exist since the birds generally stay near woods!

Now, whats for supper? ham n beans with chopped onions, cornbread, cole slaw and potatoes? Yum ! Yum!
bigwstyle

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

I saw mes a dead bird on the sidewalk on lancasters avenue dis morning. I think it was a blackbird but I no birdologist.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Ths morning I found a very small birds nest on the ground under my front yard trees.It was about 2 inches in diameter,inside,the bottom was grey fuzz,and the sides twigs.Altogether it was only about 3 inches across.Very small.Any one know what bird would be so small?And isn`t it too early for birds nests?I have been trying to attract humming birds without much success,
I have seen birds mating and they are definitely starting nests. I have never seen this so early in the season. Very strange, and likely related to climate change. We have tons of starlings in our area. One tree was absolutely full of them.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are much like me and really are a cook, just not a chef. And I can "eat" while wearing a flannel shirt and blue jeans and not need to "dine" while wearing a white shirt with a bow tie. LOL
I would replace your salt pork with Clifty Farm country ham pieces for seasoning and serve up with hot baked cornbread dripping in butter. The taters, onions and cole slaw would be enough for me and I could save the sweet corn for another day. Oh, and a really cold glass of milk. Heaven on a plate. Blessings to you too.
I prefer to eat and not dine. Hubby and I decided to go out to eat one evening after I had finished working for the day. We stumbled upon a restaurant and didn't realize it was an establishment for fine dining. When the meals came, there were only four or five small meat "medallions." The plate presentation was superb, but definitely not enough for "eating." We looked at each other and burst out laughing. Paying $15.00 for a few morsels of meat and about a half cup of mashed potatoes, along with a comparable amount of vegetables was a total ripoff, and could barely fill a thimble.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning wrote:
The suet cakes sound like a good option! You"guys" may have just motivated me into action on this! I did google pileated woodpeckers and there's even a birdhouse plan! With all or most of you being country with woods, gardens, and farms I knew you probably had more experience with these birds! Many people don't even know they exist since the birds generally stay near woods!
Now, whats for supper? ham n beans with chopped onions, cornbread, cole slaw and potatoes? Yum ! Yum!
I put a pot with a ham bone and ham scraps on the wood burning stove early this morning after I saw the menu. LOL Slow cook all day and ought to be prime for supper time while I work outside. LOL I bet the dog won't be wanting to pull my finger. hehehe
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

good morning all:)

going to do some back reading ...be back later
So true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Top of the morning , you guys .. Hope everyone had a good week.. I did ...well gotta go work , y'all have a good one..
Wasiyusotan

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

The boy who shot the mom in the leg and then shot the 13 month old baby in the face(the baby died)should be tried as an adult. He should get life without parole. Because when he gets out,I doubt if he would be able to get an average job. Who would want to hire a cold blooded baby killer. That's what people would know him by. I wouldn't hire him.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

One of the problems I could not do,but as a society of people,why do we keep these type of people in jail,then release them out into the public again?
I read where Gitmo is being made into some sort of Country Club Jail.Why not find an island and go back to the idea of Devils Island?We could absolve our bleeding hearts by giving them supplies,but leave them on their own,unable to leave!

Talk about harming the innocents!!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Noon Saturday bird threaders. Looks like our hater was here. Guess they don't like the bird thread because we don't talk trash huh? I hope everyone had a great week. Birds are chirping, sun is shining, almost 43 degrees and they are still using that "s" word. Ugh.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

@ betty, I seen this on fb and thought of you. I love febreze. I am going to try it. I buy the big refil bottle and keep my sprayer full. It is the best I have ever used. I can't stand Glade etc...

Homemade Febreze

Preparation:
Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don't forget to twist the nozzle over to the LOCK position if you're using a Febreze bottle, or you might fall on your hiney. Now go spray every fabric surface in your house and take a nap on your very comfortable and now un-stinky couch.:)

Store-bought Febreze:$5.59
Homemade Febreze:$0.15
Total Savings:$5.44 OR 97.35!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Betty..what does it matter if your 2 kinds of sweet corn cross pollinates? It will still be sweet. The only thing we ever concerned ourselves with was to not put field corn, sweet corn, or pop corn that close together.
As for planting year old corn, one thing you can do is soak it overnight in water first. You can also do that to "hurry along" your beans. Then if it don't sprout out in a couple weeks, you can go back and add some more kernels to the bare spots. I hope this answers your questions.
lol...i think i was worried they would kill each other or something.

but i think my problem is im just over thinking it..... i got into a blog about barrier crops and it all went downhill from there.... but yeh i guess they are both just swt corn so it shouldn't really matter

i have just been trying to figure out what i did wrong the last two summers but i think i have come to the conclusion that i just didn't plant enough.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Guess I left off the ingredients. hahaha

What you'll need:
1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used Downy April Fresh)
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot tap water
Spray bottle (I used my empty 27 oz. Febreze bottle)

Preparation:
Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don't forget to twist the nozzle over to the LOCK position if you're using a Febreze bottle, or you might fall on your hiney. Now go spray every fabric surface in your house and take a nap on your very comfortable and now un-stinky couch.:)

Store-bought Febreze:$5.59
Homemade Febreze:$0.15
Total Savings:$5.44 OR 97.35!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?!?!

Soak watermelon slices in tequila, then dip in coarse salt. OMG, it's a margarita you can eat!!!!!!

Will be trying this poolside this summer. Yummy
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Exposing Chemtrail Spraying in Los Angeles for 30 Days
March 21, 2013

What do you call it when an individual gets into a cockpit of a plane and obeys orders to spray toxic chemicals high in the sky on a daily basis? I call it the greatest crime of all time. One need only to believe ones own eyes, see the huge lines in the sky and do your own research to acknowledge why this argument is a strong argument to consider.

We decided to do a little research and make available a simple chemtrails-tracking webpage for tracking the globalistís geoengineering crimes in Los Angeles for 30 (actually 31) days during the month of February- March 2013 and the results are in.

- We learned first that anyone can record their simple observations and these simple observations will usually tell a much greater story. We can state with a good degree of confidence that a longer observational study would yield more information about these spraying operations.

- Forecasts were changed in some cases one or two days prior to the day to apparently match whatever atmospheric chemical manipulations were going on that week.

- It was observed that the chemtrail terrorist pilots begin to spray all at once if and when working in teams; often either early in the morning or by 10-11 A.M. Once the first plane was seen to start spraying, then simultaneously other planes appeared at different parts of the sky flying at apparently the same altitudes also spraying in the same PATTERN as the other planes so as to create a parallel grid in the sky. The teamwork was clear and obvious every time.

- Spraying was seen to coincide with abrupt temperature and weather changes, usually within a few days or sooner. For example, a long string of sunny warm days could be terminated with one massive day of spraying. Following the day of spraying, cooler, cloudy and sometimes rain will follow shortly.
http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/exposing-c...

The Crescendo of Chemtrail Awareness Ė A Breakthrough Issue
March 20, 2013
Some big strides have been made recently in chemtrail awareness. Thanks to the efforts of people like Dane Wigington at GeoengineeringWatch.org who has been appearing on dozens of radio shows each month, and approaching civic and environmental groups and regularly contributing eye opening articles to news sites.

But there are many others like him, such as the tireless folks like those at aircrap.org and many other sites and blogs. Itís working. We have founding pioneers like Clifford Carnicom at the Carnicom Institute, Will Thomas at WillThomasOnline and Rosalind Peterson at the AgricultureDefenseCoalition and many others to thank as well.

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/the-cresce...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

30 photos of unlikely animal friendships will make your heart melt

Ebony and ivory work together in perfect harmony. So do huge dogs and newborn foals, tigers and pigs, frogs and mice ó even bear cubs and Rottweilers. Even though those are unlikely pairings, these critters put their differences (and fangs) aside and let the love shine through. As humankind continues to battle over land, oil and social values, it's clear we have much to learn from these beautiful beasts. Until they're hungry at least, in which case you can be sure somebody's getting eaten.

http://now.msn.com/unlikely-animal-friendship...

......these critters put their differences (and fangs) aside and let the love shine through.

Humans should try this, don't ya think? I love these. Enjoy
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Kitten Sounds Like A Goat

http://www.youtube.co watch?v=Xb6sW9kmRM0

Hilarious
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Sorry, something got attached to that video. Here try again. It is hilarious.

Kitten Sounds Like A Goat
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

For OJG, where is she? lala, AW, you heard anything from her. I will have to shoot her an email and see how she is. Miss her.

Best Goat Edition Compilation - Top 10 - Screaming Goat Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I know she would like these goats. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

For lala:

Mini horse stands tall as service animal for Alaska boy

A miniature horse has been trained to help a 4-year-old Alaska boy who suffers from a rare genetic disorder that could leave him wheelchair-bound when he gets older. School officials and students welcome the horse as just another classmate.

http://news.msn.com/us/video...

Just precious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 13 min lol 1,018
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Alison Crimes is a lair 146,738
Marlena cox 23 min You know 36
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min SNYB 128,874
I'm looking for a hot female to playfully BED W... 1 hr Jason lake 16
Giant Cross falls on Adult Store in Tennessee 1 hr Huh 27
whats wrong with stephanie Mills from gregory l... 4 hr lucky guess 4
Elmer at Creek mart 10 hr lmao 8
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 19 hr sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs