Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,694)

Showing posts 73,861 - 73,880 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Happy Noon Bird threaders. I hope everyone is nice and warm since we woke up with 15 degrees temps. What???? It's suppose to be spring. lol
The birds are chirping like it is. I am enjoying this big fat robin that refuses to let the big black birds run it off from the bird feeder. Just too funny. The cats are in the window enjoying the fight.
Nope, I am glad you are going to get a new critter to fill the void of your loss. I have a big fat tom that adopted us when his owners left him while moving. I have had him for four years now although he really belongs to noone. I think he is the stud of the area. He roams, comes back to eat, drink fresh water and sleep it off in "his" cushioned chair or if it is freezing out he crawls into a pet carrier I put into a draw string garbage bag, wrapped in a moving blanket (keeps the cold from the holes in carrier) and then a nice fleece baby blanket to sleep on. He was wary of it at first, like I was trying to capture him or something. He eventually figured out it was there to keep him from the elements and uses it quite often. He is a pure joy. The two house cats (female) watch him from the window and sometimes goes to the door sniffing for him. Just too funny. I love him and if I haven't seen him for a couple days I worry.
Betty, your pet stories are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. Plus the recipes for laundry day.
AW, I never pictured you a cat person. You and your dog just fit each other. He is adorable, floppy ear and all. lol
lala, hope you are feeling good and done with your taxes. I wish mine were done. I have to let someone else do them this year with extra funds incoming from retirement bonus and cash Mom left us. Ugh. I can't wait to see the grand total the IRS will want. My appointment is next week. I will be glad to get it over with.
I know the thread is slowing down. I don't think we have had the "hot flame" since UNA left. lol
Didn't see Blueminer posting, I hope he and his dad are doing okay. OJG? Hempburn? Hope everyone else is okay and getting ready for Spring/Summer.
Day two and in the 20's. Yuk It does give me time to work on the Spring cleaning concept so when it does get nice and warm again I won't be stuck indoors.
I hope everyone enjoys their day.
hello AB!

i went to sams this afternoon to stock up on off brand allergy pills.... i can feel spring coming.... i dread and long for it to be here. i know i wont be able to breath till summer but i also know that its just one month closer to amish strawberry time :) yummo!!!!!!! they set up on the south end of town in a few spots (mostly the lot where big t truck stop used to be and in glendale next to the highway) they sell a half gallon bucket for 6.50.

i went through rineyville the other day and noticed that the fruit stand guy (the one right before you get to bp) had put his tables back out...cant wait for him to be set up either. last year he had these tomatoes that were kinda orangy and not good looking at all but he gave me one free when i stopped to buy a couple watermelons and told me he swears by them and whos going to turn don a free tomato you know. he was not lying and they really do taste awesome, cut awesome, and keep longer than any of the ones i got from anywhere else, im hooked! i tried growing my own last year and they flopped. the only things i got out of everything i put down were blueberries and pole beans..... but a lot of that had to do with my down time and my knee. cant wait to get back in the garden this year and hopefully make it all the way to harvest injury free and get to can some things this year. i had asked everyone for canning supplies for my birthday last year and havent gotten to use any of it yet. think i may grow some peppers this year also.

i am d.o.n.e. with the weather flip flops! im sure in a month or so we will be back in the heat advisory days and i will be complaining about that but right now its "bring on the heat!"
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

if this repost a dozen times... whoops!
en it does get nice and warm again I won't be stuck indoors.
I hope everyone enjoys their day.
hello AB!
i went to sams this afternoon to stock up on off brand allergy pills.... i can feel spring coming.... i dread and long for it to be here. i know i wont be able to breath till summer but i also know that its just one month closer to amish strawberry time :) yummo!!!!!!! they set up on the south end of town in a few spots (mostly the lot where big t truck stop used to be and in glendale next to the highway) they sell a half gallon bucket for 6.50.
i went through rineyville the other day and noticed that the fruit stand guy (the one right before you get to bp) had put his tables back out...cant wait for him to be set up either. last year he had these tomatoes that were kinda orangy and not good looking at all but he gave me one free when i stopped to buy a couple watermelons and told me he swears by them and whos going to turn don a free tomato you know. he was not lying and they really do taste awesome, cut awesome, and keep longer than any of the ones i got from anywhere else, im hooked! i tried growing my own last year and they flopped. the only things i got out of everything i put down were blueberries and pole beans..... but a lot of that had to do with my down time and my knee. cant wait to get back in the garden this year and hopefully make it all the way to harvest injury free and get to can some things this year. i had asked everyone for canning supplies for my birthday last year and havent gotten to use any of it yet. think i may grow some peppers this year also.
i am d.o.n.e. with the weather flip flops! im sure in a month or so we will be back in the heat advisory days and i will be complaining about that but right now its "bring on the heat!"
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

was a reply to a.b. stupid topix
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
PEPPERONI/MOZZARELLA PULL APART BREAD!!!!
1/3 cup favorite flavored dipping oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 (16 ounce) pkgs pre-made pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
1 (7 oz) pkg sliced pepperoni
1 (8 oz) pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Separate pizza dough into small bite sized pieces.
In a bowl add your favorite flavored dipping oil. Toss dough pieces in dipping oil to lightly coat.
Layer dough pieces in bottom of bundt or fluted tube pan, next layer sliced pepperoni, shredded cheese and sprinkle with garlic powder. Repeat layers again, and end with final layer of dough pieces.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes till hot and bubbly.
Serve by pulling the bread apart into individual servings with optional marinara dipping sauce on the side.
Layer until about 2/3 of the pan is full.
Definitely plan for it to feed a hungry crowd. You can scale down the ingredients if you choose to feed a smaller crowd. You can serve it hot or room temperature.
These look so incredible! And so easy!
You can find this and other easy recipe from the Pampered Chef. The results looked awesome in the picture. The two recipes came to me on facebook but I printed them out and thought I would try them. Once I seen Betty's soap recipe I thought I would share these two. Enjoy
that sounds so yummy :)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Having trouble with my posts again today too, Betty. I think I'll shoot off a feedback to see what's up. Perhaps they've not been made aware of this glitch yet. And they can't fix what they don't know if broken.

(Whoa, on second though I hope this comment posts, HAHAHAHA)!!!!

By the way, you wouldn't happen to know a name for those orange looking 'maters would you? I had one last year that was kind of orange looking, and boy oh boy was that thing good. Juicy as heck too. I'd bet it was the same kind!! Wish I could find out what they are so I can put them in my own garden in a few weeks. Of course even if I could get seed right now, they'd have kind of a late start getting sprouted perhaps. Who knows, maybe it's even an heirloom that bears fruit faster... And better late than never!!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Same here. Broccoli, spinach - fresh in a salad- asparagus. I use a kikkoman stir fry dressing for my stir fry. And I use as little chunks of chicken in my stir fry just to fill me up. Sweets- carbohydrates- are my downfall. Hehe. Partner has lost over 15 lbs. working out on the truck; I'm determined to lose 25 at home. Glad to hear you're doing better. Those critters are fortunate indeed to have you. I sadly notice so much neglect of animals in these parts. On another note I've been watching the big crows the past few days. Saw two yesterday perched by the street posed as if in conversation. Lol. I look forward to the next few days. I have been blessed with too much to let dreary weather and life's obstacles tear me down. Good day to you kind Folks.
@Betty , will check the oils on Etsy. I shop there as well (online). Great idea. Skin allergies here as well.
Hopefully all is well with OJG and her dad, many Blessings her way.
i love etsy.com !

just wanted to pass on the link for the shop i went through:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/IndigoFragrance...

have to say their customer service is fantastic! if you don't find the scent you like they will try and make it for you.... right now i have her working on a version of the orchid allure downy :) if i could pay to have a permanent implant of that smell put in my nose i so would.
also they always send a free sample of another fragrance with your order. if you request a certain one, they will do their best to oblige you but if you don't they will send whats on hand.... just thought i would pass on so in case you see one that you want to try but you don't want to commit to the whole bottle.... and also her stuff is really strong, i learned after my first couple bottles of soap that a little goes a long way.... i put half a bottle of fragrance in my laundry container the first time and some of my clothes i know that got washed around that time can be smelled clear across the room.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Betty. About that orange 'mater: What it ugly and really misshapen? That's what the one I had looked like. All humpy like with dips and folds all around it. But a big tomato, if that makes sense at all, LOL!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

*WAS it ugly.....

I have NO idea what's happened to my typing reflexes lately. I'm WAY off of my game. Typo city, sorry.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
For lala, AW, Nope, betty, Hempburn, and all dog lovers. Thought I would give you some laughs and "awwwww's". I may have posted the one with kids, but it just makes you laugh listening to them crack up over dogs:
Puppy Plays Catch For the First Time and Does the Cutest Thing
When learning how to play catch, this puppy does something so cute it'll melt your heart to pieces! Watch as this precious baby tries so hard. You will love this little blessing from God above!
http://www.godvine.com/Puppy-Plays-Catch-fb-g...
Very Guilty Dog Does the Funniest Thing
After a hard day of work, a dog owner came home to a mess... and one VERY guilty-looking dog. Just watch this video and you'll see the doggie culprit do the funniest thing, LOL!
http://www.godvine.com/Very-Guilty-Dog-Does-t...
I always enjoy the daily edition sent to facebook when you like the site. Very inspirational videos and lots of funny animal videos. Love them. Enjoy
Dog Snores in the Funniest Way While He Sleeps
When this dog sleeps, he does the funniest thing! Instead of snoring like a normal dog, he does a Donald Duck impression in his sleep! LOL! Just listen to this dog's hilarious snore, it will make you laugh!
http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Snores-in-the-Funn...
Best Compilation Video of Babies Laughing at Dogs
Babies do the most darling things! Lighten your spirit and improve your day by watching these precious children laugh at the silly things dogs do... their laughter is so contagious!
http://www.godvine.com/Best-Compilation-Video...
hahaha the snitching poodles!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Having trouble with my posts again today too, Betty. I think I'll shoot off a feedback to see what's up. Perhaps they've not been made aware of this glitch yet. And they can't fix what they don't know if broken.
(Whoa, on second though I hope this comment posts, HAHAHAHA)!!!!
By the way, you wouldn't happen to know a name for those orange looking 'maters would you? I had one last year that was kind of orange looking, and boy oh boy was that thing good. Juicy as heck too. I'd bet it was the same kind!! Wish I could find out what they are so I can put them in my own garden in a few weeks. Of course even if I could get seed right now, they'd have kind of a late start getting sprouted perhaps. Who knows, maybe it's even an heirloom that bears fruit faster... And better late than never!!
i gave up on starting them from seed...just started buying plants 9i have a patience problem with these sort of things which leads to over watering and over fertiilizing..... when i go get maters from him i will ask.... they were sooo good.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey, Betty. About that orange 'mater: What it ugly and really misshapen? That's what the one I had looked like. All humpy like with dips and folds all around it. But a big tomato, if that makes sense at all, LOL!
i ended up buying them all summer long from him.... some were perfect round but just not as red as i would think they would have to be to taste good... for flavor i like roma tomatoes but they fall apart turn into mush and i dont have any luck storing them.... these orangy tomatoes tasted alot like a roma but they cut so easy and really stayed together well on my blt.... i did get some that looked rather odd though... so it may be the same kind.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

well im off for now to do some baking and prepping for dinner tonight.

i have a portion of spiral ham (the part they dont cut) think im going to make some ham chunks up, add to the beans i put on in my wee hours of typing last night and make some corn bread.

was going to do crock pot hawaiian chicken bbq but i found out earlier when looking in the fridge that i did not thaw out a bag of chicken last night and instead thawed out a bag of ricotta cheese. guess tomorrow is going to be lasagna night.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

It's so nice to see this thread picking back up again today. Wonder where Hemp and Blue are though... And OJG? AW must be busy outside, knowing him. Also wonder how Imposter is doing on that new job and the change jar refill caper? A couple more people are MIA here lately too.

Betty, I just looked on Ebay for some orange tomatoes and I found two different species that look like what I had last year. One is called an "Amanda" tomato and the other is called an "Orange Giant". Both are said to be heirloom plants. What do you think??

On another note, I have had a huge sounding helicopter hovering over my house for the last 5 minutes or so. It sounds like a "close encounters of the third kind" drama out there. My windows are rattling and that thing isn't moving on like they normally do during their search slash pot-o-copter seasons. I can feel the vibration of the blades beating in my chest, that's how loud it is. Wonder if a criminal is on the loose? If someone is running from Mr Johnny Law, they'd be dang smart to avoid Nopes place. I stay locked and loaded, one or more of my guns are within reach at all times.
What the heck is going on out there in my woods I wonder??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i gave up on starting them from seed...just started buying plants 9i have a patience problem with these sort of things which leads to over watering and over fertiilizing..... when i go get maters from him i will ask.... they were sooo good.
A month or so ago, I put seed in single serving yogurt cups that I save throughout the year for just that. I have some good size 'mater sprouts all ready to put out as soon as this danged weather decides to let me know what I should do, haha.

Green peppers and such, I buy at Lowes. I do have some Plum Granny seed that I want to spread out along the woodline this year. I saved them from last year. MAN, those things smell so good sitting in a container in the house each fall. Of course, pole beans are easy as pie to grow from seed and I have some set back, I'm ready.

One thing I have trouble with growing is corn for some reason. I don't know why..

Gonna try my hand at Cantaloupe this year for a change. I've never grown them before though, so I hope I'm successful. I adore cantaloupe. And honeydew melon as well.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

They didn't all die...

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

actually, AW is being quite domestic indoors today. Laundered the bed linens and washed and ironed 7 Western Shirts. Those fake pearl snaps are tough to do, but sure look good when I am done. Maybe I ought to dress up and go out Two Stepping... not LOL After bending over the ironing board, this old man would have a hard time doing a one step or even putting on his boots. LOL

@Nope.. I am with you on the locked and loaded. I have several chambered and ready at any time.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

I am ready to plant by Bibb Lettuce and green onions. I can make a meal of that wilted in hot bacon grease and a touch of white vinegar and served up with corn bread melting in butter.

I plan to plant Roma beans and Purple Hull peas (a southern thing) and about a 1/4 acre of Silver Queen corn. I raised the "Bodacious" corn last year. The Silver Queen takes longer but has longer ears.

My friend raised some kind of oblong shaped black tomatoes last year. They did not look all that good, but were quite yummy. I need to find out what they were.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
actually, AW is being quite domestic indoors today. Laundered the bed linens and washed and ironed 7 Western Shirts. Those fake pearl snaps are tough to do, but sure look good when I am done. Maybe I ought to dress up and go out Two Stepping... not LOL After bending over the ironing board, this old man would have a hard time doing a one step or even putting on his boots. LOL
@Nope.. I am with you on the locked and loaded. I have several chambered and ready at any time.
There's not a gun in the world that will do you any good sitting around not loaded. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it, LOL!!

I always get a chuckle out of people who leave their firearms unloaded. Locked up if you have young ones in the home, sure. But what the heck are the ones who don't have kids going to do if someone comes in on them at night? Grab that gun out of the nightstand and then ask the intruder to hold still while they load? Might just as well say "Oh by the way, can you stand still and then bend over for me while I shoot one of your butt cheeks off"! Bwaaahahaha.

Not to mention, if one of my critters happen to get into some kind of imminent danger outside, that's another a case where mere nano seconds can count. It could mean them living or dying. I'm not taking any chances either way.

All I have to do is aim.
(Or not. It depends on which gun I pick up first. I'm kind of partial to my 20 gage with those pretty little lead balls in the bright yellow shell casings, hehe. It must be a girl kind of thang).
Belie

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
I know the thread is slowing down. I don't think we have had the "hot flame" since UNA left. lol
Didn't see Blueminer posting, I hope he and his dad are doing okay. OJG? Hempburn? Hope everyone else is okay and getting ready for Spring/Summer.
This thread certainly is slowing down, I think mainly because we have run out of interesting topics to talk about. I have been spending much of my time on other websites browsing through hundreds of articles and I could literally spend hours each day posting interesting topics I have come across lately.

The following sites I think are very good in terms of wisdom and spirituality as it relates to current events:
http://shiftfrequency.com/penney-peirce-wisdo...
http://truthseeker1313.com/
http://lucas2012infos.wordpress.com/2013/03/1...
http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/

As for current geopolitical news and editorials I have found these to be the best:
http://www.veteranstoday.com/
http://www.globalresearch.ca/
http://rt.com/
http://www.presstv.ir/
http://beforeitsnews.com/
http://www.pakalertpress.com/

What we are told on our mainstream media is very different from what reality is which is why I seek alternative news sources on the internet. You get a more fair and balanced perspective which I think is closer to the truth.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Good evening belie, how have you been. I was thinking about you mostly pertaining to that last paragraph. Earlier I was on a site I never seen before but it caught my eye due to the title. It is long so I am just posting a couple paragraphs. It is worth reading since those "booms" don't get in the news much, just like the sinkholes.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Does Uptick in Mysterious "Booms" Foretell Mega-Quake?
Brandon Turbeville
Activist Post

Back in October, I wrote an article entitled “Numerous Reports of Mysterious Booms and Strange Lights Over South Carolina,” in which I described the sounds and vibrations heard and felt all across the Pee Dee region of South Carolina with some witnesses even describing strange lights in the sky at the time of the event.

These strange occurrences were eerily similar to those described by individuals all across the state of Michigan like Bob Powell of The Truth Is Viral, who was actually detained as a result of attempting to investigate the nature of these sounds and vibrations. Please see my article,“Investigation Continues Into Source of Strange Michigan Area ‘Explosions’ and Radiation Spikes” for a further description of what took place in Michigan.

Similar noises and vibrations were also felt in New Jersey around October, as I wrote in my article “New Mysterious 'Booms' Reported in New Jersey.”

Marion County dispatchers alone received more than 100 calls in ten minutes related to the “booms.”
The Post and Courier article, entitled,“’Pretty Good Shake’ hits area but what was it?” does, however, provide some interesting information when it states that the booms might have come as a result of the "Seneca Guns," a so-far-unexplained phenomenon felt along coasts around the world.” The article speculates that yet another series of booms in March 2011 were themselves the famed “Seneca Guns.”

For those unaware of this phenomena, the Seneca Guns, are described by the USGS in the following manner:

The term “Seneca guns” is just a name, not an explanation. It does not tell us anything about what causes these noises and shakings. The name originated in a short story that James Fennimore Cooper wrote during the 1800’s. The name refers to booms that have been heard on the shores of Lake Seneca and Lake Cayuga in New York State. The name has been applied to similar noises along the coasts of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Similar booms are called Barisol guns in coastal India. These phenomena have also occurred in three widely separated places around the world. That’s about all we know about the Seneca guns.
Yet for all the inability to determine the nature of the Seneca Guns, we do know that such sounds and vibrations have been linked to earthquakes, with some of these booms occurring during earthquakes with varying intensity, with others occurring shortly before or after the earthquake actually takes place.

What might be particularly concerning to those living on the Eastern seaboard is the fact that these exact kinds of sounds were heard either before, during, or after the two of the biggest geological events on the East Coast to have occurred in American history – The 1886 Charleston Earthquake and the 1811-1812 New Madrid Earthquake.

There are also accounts which link “artillery-like” sounds occurring shortly before and during the New Madrid Earthquakes of 1811-1812

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/does-upti...

As you know I am always watching the map and the Madrid Fault Zone. If you seen the map today it showed those icons on the map as soon as you click on it. Those "booms" I have not heard, at least not since the Armor Center left Fort Knox and went to Ga.

I hope you have a nice and warm evening. Thanks for the links. I might even check out the articles this activist mentions too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,861 - 73,880 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Guss need a hug 7 min guss 13
crrreeep 12 min guss 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min Yiago 122,604
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 2 hr holland 16
1304 country village hill 2 hr who knows 3
timmy joe from jack's wheel allignment (Nov '12) 3 hr fb guy 14
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr blahblah123 917
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 17 at 6:13AM EDT