Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,679

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87531 Mar 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Wow.. nothing for 9 hours
I guess they didn't have anything good to say.
Crystal

Shepherdsville, KY

#87532 Mar 19, 2013
could you help our fundraisor please http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/jp32/ab...
do know

Big Stone Gap, VA

#87533 Mar 19, 2013
lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87534 Mar 20, 2013
Happy 1st Day of Spring birdthreaders. It is a whooping 26 degrees because ole man winter just has to have a last word and they say it starts with a "s" for tomorrow...Nooooooooooooooooo.

I hope you all had a great evening. I was too busy shaking my head at the Wildcats. NIT? Really? Lost? No way! But they did. March Madness became March Sadness for the UK fans. haha Oh well, maybe next year. lol :(

AW, you are right about that poor chicken. lol You know, I don't think I have ever seen a soft shell egg.

I hope you all have a great day!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87535 Mar 20, 2013
Dog Does the Coolest Thing When His Owners Are Away

When the owners are away, the dogs will play... piano! Tucker the Schnoodle loves to tickle the ivories whenever his owners are out. We think he is absolutely awesome and his family is very lucky to have such a talented pup!

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Does-the-Coolest-T...

This is hilarious.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87536 Mar 20, 2013
I love this story/video:

For captive cheetahs, a dog's life is ideal

Dogs and cats are widely known to be the best of enemies in neighborhoods around the world but at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park in California, they are forming friendships that are helping to sustain a species. The park's cheetahs are being paired with canine companions to help them adapt to life in captivity and break down barriers that have prevented the big cats from breeding. Ben Gruber has more.

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/video...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87537 Mar 20, 2013
Waiyusotan wrote:
<quoted text> What are you talking about? Subject seems a little weird to me. LOL LOL
Why U So Tan? Ok. Unless you had been on this thread for awhile you would be confused I guess. The comment was about the subject in reference to a poster who went by Una Farter who passed away Jan 31 after posting on this thread. He had been here for awhile and loved to talk about passing gas. Not too weird for those of us who knew him via topix. Hope this helps explain it. He was a hoot. May he RIP.

Have a good day!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87542 Mar 20, 2013
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Speaking of birds, I don't recall seeing so many in the yard. I love to watch them. The only downside is that they poop all over the cars, porch swing, roof, etc. That is one dirty mess. But I love them anyway. I'll just have to wash the care a little more often.

@AW: "no posts for 9 hours" is probably because we're starting to become mundane again. It takes a lot of new ideas to keep the thread going. Does anybody out there have something interesting that they wish to talk about?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87543 Mar 20, 2013
Okay this whole 1st day of Spring thing has me wanting to commit groundhog-murder. That darn thing said "early Spring", and we are expecting SNOW this week. Dang ground hog isn't EVER right.
Oswego

United States

#87544 Mar 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Speaking of birds, I don't recall seeing so many in the yard. I love to watch them. The only downside is that they poop all over the cars, porch swing, roof, etc. That is one dirty mess. But I love them anyway. I'll just have to wash the care a little more often.
@AW: "no posts for 9 hours" is probably because we're starting to become mundane again. It takes a lot of new ideas to keep the thread going. Does anybody out there have something interesting that they wish to talk about?
Okie Dokie...Just wondering.....Why does Spring begin on the 20th, Fall on the 22nd..but Summer and Winter on the 21st..why not split the difference and have them all on the 21st?
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87545 Mar 20, 2013
Aspartame has been considered as use for biochemical warfare. So, I never use artificial sweeteners. Stevia is the better alternative. Not too mention the fluoride. I have thought of using a peroxide/ baking soda paste for my children as a safer alternative. What an unsafe world we live :( All we can do is be thankful and blessed with our loved ones, the health we do have and live as merrily as possible. Sunshiny day. Our 11th Anniversary here;) Fine day to all...Spring is here!!! And some Bunny loves ya...LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#87546 Mar 20, 2013
Hi bird thread peeps! Spring may officially be here, but you sure can't convince me of it yet. Cold out there today and the chickens water bowl had a layer of ice on the top. Spring? Really??
Not...

I have the most amazing visitor coming to the chicken feed pan every day for the last week though. A woodpecker has discovered where good groceries are put out every day, hehe! Yes, a woodpecker!! I have actually seen it out there four times already and watched it eat. I can also hear it out in the trees, squawking for it's mate. It's such a site to see a woodpecker, the squirrels and the chickens eating in perfect harmony. God is good.

I'm gradually getting over the death of one of my dear pets. It's been hard on me, so I've not had much to talk about on here. Hopefully the thread will pick back up again soon! It looks very slow lately.

Well, here's wishing that everyone has a grand day! I'm going to head out for an early dinner with a friend in a little bit. We're going out for some Chinese. And for a change, I'm truly hungry for once. It will be nice to get out of the house for a while and not think about my poor little critter that's now gone. I miss her dearly...

Take care till later!!
<3

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#87547 Mar 20, 2013
Good afternoon.

Whats wrong with the Robin Song?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87548 Mar 20, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Okay this whole 1st day of Spring thing has me wanting to commit groundhog-murder. That darn thing said "early Spring", and we are expecting SNOW this week. Dang ground hog isn't EVER right.
That's an easy problem to solve. Whatever Puxatawny Phil says, just believe the opposite.
Rrrrapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87549 Mar 20, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I say, Skin that whistle-pig, boil him three times, stick him in a roaster pan, throw in a couple of sweet potatoes, peppers and onion, cabbage, carrots, and whatever else we got laying around, Bake it real slow for about three hours, take the pig out and throw it to the dogs, and eat the vegetables !
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87550 Mar 20, 2013
Just kidd'n about feed'n the pig to dog. groundhogs are actually pertty tastey ! haha!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87551 Mar 20, 2013
Rrrrapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> I say, Skin that whistle-pig, boil him three times, stick him in a roaster pan, throw in a couple of sweet potatoes, peppers and onion, cabbage, carrots, and whatever else we got laying around, Bake it real slow for about three hours, take the pig out and throw it to the dogs, and eat the vegetables !
Dogs would love that!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87552 Mar 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an easy problem to solve. Whatever Puxatawny Phil says, just believe the opposite.
You got that right!
So true

Morgantown, KY

#87553 Mar 20, 2013
Hi all... Hope ur day has been swell... :)
mr a hole

AOL

#87554 Mar 20, 2013
why eat ground hog ?
when road kill is abundant and plentyfull in Columbia

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 21 min jason 11
who will you vote for as jailer 39 min Baker fan 62
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 2 hr Quantummist 1
Allen Messer Dying of Lung Cancer? 4 hr Twilight Ebola 10
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 6 hr Well well 9
Mayor candidate Gary Williams Trash Talking oth... 6 hr remember the teller 41
Corbin's alchol sales bring in another big busi... 7 hr fixthis 6
who got arrested at bville walmart? 10 hr gator 6
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 13 hr love to know 6
Barbourville Dating