Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87267 Mar 11, 2013
really wrote:
Sounds like you really do need a man.
And you got that from what? Sounds like you are the dropin hater. Move on. We have a special thread. Go troll your favorite hating thread. You have nothing to offer here.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87268 Mar 11, 2013
Hugs back at you OJG. Have a nice coffee break with your friend. That video was just precious, wasn't it. You need to watch the whole video if you get the chance. It is amazing.

Love, hugs, and blessings to you and yours, my friend. Hope to catch up with you later.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87269 Mar 11, 2013
Good morning, folks. Rainy day, but warm, so that's o.k. Hopefully I will get to my taxes this week. It's hanging over my head, but I just can't sit down to do it. Anyway, I may run out of time if I keep loafing. Have a good day, and I'll pop in when I can.

Location hidden

#87270 Mar 11, 2013
yea sure wrote:
you people worry a lot about silly quakes , sink holes and jet vapor trails ,..
i worry that south Korea will sneak a nuke into San Francisco bay or the Potomac river via a small fishing boat,...
earth quakes can not be prevented ,....
south Korea can be stopped ,...
It's North Korea, not South. You made the same mistake that Dennis Rodman made recently. LOL

Location hidden

#87271 Mar 11, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Interesting that cancer would be more prominent in developed countries: I'm thinking artificial sweeteners, preservatives and GMO's. I quit having x- rays for my teeth years ago. Partner wants me to go in for a chest x-ray. But I just know that I do not want to be exposed to more radiation. Read about bee venom possibly killing HIV. Noticed an article the other day, Doctors destroyed the HIV in a baby . The child has become free of that disease. I'm having trouble sleeping. The frogs in the nearby creek are croaking to their little hearts content. Wonder if they're mating? Hehe. Window open, breeze coming through. Blessed with the small wonders in this world.
By the way, I just happened to run across a news article about an outbreak of meningitis in gay men who live in NYC. It is not related to the fungal meningitis that was reported recently. That was caused by contamination in a lab manufacturing injectable steroids for back and knee arthritis.
This thing is new, and kills within hours. Several gay men were found dead in their apartments. Unfortunately, although people in this country are politically correct and accept or even embrace the gay lifestyle, they still have negative views privately. I'm concerned because this is how AIDS got started. There wasn't much concern about aggressively finding a cure for those living this lifestyle. Then the virus spread and spread and spread, causing concern for the safety of our blood supply. This problem could result in the same thing, but it is not being reported by mainstream media. Scary stuff.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87273 Mar 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
It's North Korea, not South. You made the same mistake that Dennis Rodman made recently. LOL
Ha ha ha!!! Waiting for my friend and her husband to get back from shopping, so I thought I would take a peek! Ha ha ha ha Good one!

Good luck with the taxes, yuk.

(((Big hugs)))

Location hidden

#87274 Mar 11, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha!!! Waiting for my friend and her husband to get back from shopping, so I thought I would take a peek! Ha ha ha ha Good one!
Good luck with the taxes, yuk.
(((Big hugs)))
As you can see, I am procrastinating with taxes. Actually, it is so easy, but I can't get started. A few years back, I had to do taxes for our partnership racing stable and my speech/language pathology business. Preparing the documentation for our accountant took hours. Now I just have to find out if I go long form for my medical expenses, which actually cost us more than some people earn in a year. this should take only a couple of hours, but getting started...yeesh, I hate it. Glad to see you back on the forum. I think that it is a good diversion for both of us. It seems to be a good way to defuse stress.

Location hidden

#87275 Mar 11, 2013
Three in one wrote:
<quoted text>yeah , yeah I've seen , heard , alot of what Jesse Ventura. Has uncovered . If you believe in Christ look up illumination!. What u r talking about Is called the harp system- It's basi ally high concentrated. E .m.p. pulses sent Down from a satellite- can do everything you said even eartgquakes . Shoot, he n others say we're 50 yrs.. Behind what the government knows.
Low frequency radio waves wreaking havoc in the ocean.? responsible for fish die-offs. Just wait till we are all chipped, which will be coming soon, ostensibly to "help" people who have medical conditions. I am suspicious that there may be other reasons to "chip" the population. Who knows.
We are living in dangerous times.
yea sure

AOL

#87276 Mar 11, 2013
contrails,....
just water vapor made by high flying airplanes ,...they are seen in flyover country as mysterious ,..but are completely harmless

sinkholes ,...
when a cave roof weakens and collapses ,..
here in Kentucky ,..there are literally a million miles worth of unexplored and undiscovered caverns ,...
dont be surprised when one caves in ,..

north Korea already has the a bomb ,...
they dont need a ICBM to deliver it ,.
they can simply stick one in a shipping container and ship it as legitimate cargo ,...
or sell it to our enemies in the mid east ,..

so wake up ,.
forget about big foot and shadow people ,..
the real dangers of this world are far more scary than imaginative monsters and vivid government conspiracies
Turn them in

Vine Grove, KY

#87278 Mar 11, 2013
Report 30 mins ago:

Quake rocks inland region of Southern California
An earthquake shook a wide area of Southern California on Monday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

It struck at 9:55 a.m. and was initially estimated at a magnitude 5.1, with several smaller seismic events also reported. However, the largest quake was quickly downgraded to a magnitude 4.7.

The quake was centered 16 miles south of Palm Desert, California, in the high desert area northeast of San Diego.

There were no initial reports of damage or injuries.

According to Leslie Gordon of the USGS, the initial magnitude reports are generated by computer and automatically sent out. Those reports are revised after data are reviewed by USGS seismologists.

The quake was felt sharply in the local area, The Associated Press reported, and also rolled through downtown Los Angeles, San Diego and in Orange County.

Palms Springs police Sgt. Harvey Reed told the AP the department has received no reports of damage or injuries.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/11/17...

Check out the map and see California rocking. Here are today's earthquake so far:

11 March 2013

Illinois
Magnitude: 2.7

California 34 reported so far today, started out as 2.0 magnitude before reaching the 5.+ magnitude
Magnitude: 5.2

Colorado
Magnitude: 2.6

Nevada
Magnitude: 3.2

Alaska has a cluster of small ones showing, Hawaii has one.

Seeing all those earthquake icons in the Madrid Fault Zone is unnerving. The Missouri, Tennessee, and Arkansas earthquakes from yesterday are still on the map. Plus, you can see the rain is moving across Ky.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php...

Elsewhere:

Solomon Islands
Magnitude: 5.6

Iraq - 7 so far today
Magnitude: 5.0

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

A whole lot a shaking going on.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87279 Mar 11, 2013
sorry posted on a site complaining about a nasty restaurant...told them to turn them in to the Health Dept. Forgot to change it back. hahaha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87280 Mar 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Low frequency radio waves wreaking havoc in the ocean.? responsible for fish die-offs. Just wait till we are all chipped, which will be coming soon, ostensibly to "help" people who have medical conditions. I am suspicious that there may be other reasons to "chip" the population. Who knows.
We are living in dangerous times.
Oh lala, that "chip" threat has been proven false info many times since it got started. I would never agree to it if it was implemented. I would take my chances.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87281 Mar 11, 2013
lala, I haven't heard about that "gay" disease killing in New York. I did see this though:

Antibiotic resistance a "catastrophic threat" - medical chief

LONDON (Reuters)- Antibiotic resistance poses a catastrophic threat to medicine and could mean patients having minor surgery risk dying from infections that can no longer be treated, Britain's top health official said on Monday.

Sally Davies, the chief medical officer for England, said global action is needed to fight antibiotic, or antimicrobial, resistance and fill a drug "discovery void" by researching and developing new medicines to treat emerging, mutating infections.

Only a handful of new antibiotics have been developed and brought to market in the past few decades, and it is a race against time to find more, as bacterial infections increasingly evolve into "superbugs" resistant to existing drugs.

"Antimicrobial resistance poses a catastrophic threat. If we don't act now, any one of us could go into hospital in 20 years for minor surgery and die because of an ordinary infection that can't be treated by antibiotics," Davies told reporters as she published a report on infectious disease.

"And routine operations like hip replacements or organ transplants could be deadly because of the risk of infection."

One of the best known superbugs, MRSA, is alone estimated to kill around 19,000 people every year in the United States - far more than HIV and AIDS - and a similar number in Europe.

And others are spreading. Cases of totally drug resistant tuberculosis have appeared in recent years and a new wave of "super superbugs" with a mutation called NDM 1, which first emerged in India, has now turned up all over the world, from Britain to New Zealand.

Last year the WHO said untreatable superbug strains of gonorrhoea were spreading across the world.

Laura Piddock, a professor of microbiology at Birmingham University and director of the campaign group Antibiotic Action, welcomed Davies' efforts to raise awareness of the problem.

"There are an increasing number of infections for which there are virtually no therapeutic options, and we desperately need new discovery, research and development," she said.

Davies called on governments and organisations across the world, including the World Health Organisation and the G8, to take the threat seriously and work to encourage more innovation and investment into the development of antibiotics.

"Over the past two decades there has been a discovery void around antibiotics, meaning diseases have evolved faster than the drugs to treat them," she said.

Davies called for more cooperation between the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries to preserve the existing arsenal of antibiotics, and more focus on developing new ones.

Increasing surveillance to keep track of drug-resistant superbugs, prescribing fewer antibiotics and making sure they are only prescribed when needed, and ensuring better hygiene to keep infections to a minimum were equally important, she said.

Nigel Brown, president of the Society for General Microbiology, agreed the issues demanded urgent action and said its members would work hard to better understand infectious diseases, reduce transmission of antibiotic resistance, and help develop new antibiotics.

"The techniques of microbiology and new developments such as synthetic biology will be crucial in achieving this," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/antibiotic-resistance-c...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87282 Mar 11, 2013
Here's another one just reported lala:

Sinkhole forces Pennsylvania family to evacuate home

It seemed like any other Sunday for Doris Jenkins. The Bethlehem Township, Pa., resident got up bright and early to walk her dog. As soon as she stepped out of the house, however, she immediately saw something that would change the lives of her and her family forever.

"I came around the corner and said,'Oh my God!'" said Jenkins. "My daughter's car was there. I woke her up and told her to get the car out of there!"
A sinkhole had opened up right in the driveway of her house on 2nd Street. Doris, her daughter Inga Jenkins and her granddaughter Claudia Jenkins were forced to evacuate their house.

"I wasn't thinking that this was how I was going to spend my Sunday afternoon," said Inga while in tears. "It's pretty upsetting to see your driveway start to fall into a hole."

Bethlehem Township Assistant Fire Chief Ron Ford told NBC10's Claudia Rivero that crews have been in the neighborhood all week repairing a break in a sewer line. Ford said it's unclear whether that work caused the sinkhole.

"We won't be sure how much damage it caused until we get the hole dug out and see where we are with the damage," said Ford.

The Jenkins' home has cracks in the foundation and possible damage to the roof. Too dangerous for the family to live there, the home is the only one in the neighborhood that has been evacuated so far.

"We have to evacuate because of the fumes," said Claudia Jenkins.

"My daughter and I are going to a hotel for two weeks," said Inga. "We'll see what happens."
No other homes have been affected at this time, authorities said.

There was another report of two small sinkholes that opened up earlier this week on 2nd Street.
NBC10 reported on several sinkholes in the Lehigh Valley area over the last year. Several dozen Allentown families were forced to find temporary housing after a sinkhole opened under their street. In 2011, 54 graves were threatened by approaching water from a sinkhole.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/11/17...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87283 Mar 11, 2013
Many of God's creatures are smarter than you think - and these 2 compete in the coolest trick competition!!

Smart Cat and Dog Have a Great Trick Competition
Nana the Border Collie and Kaiser the Bengal cat go head-to-head in this adorable video! Watch as they each match each other with cute tricks, they are both so smart - but only one can win!

http://www.godvine.com/Smart-Cat-and-Dog-fb-g...

I will leave you with this cute GODvine video of two precious pets doing tricks for their owner. I have to go tenderize some pork chops and peel some potatoes for dinner. Check back later.

Hope you have a great rainy day.
Doodah

United States

#87284 Mar 11, 2013
yea sure wrote:
you people worry a lot about silly quakes , sink holes and jet vapor trails ,..
i worry that south Korea will sneak a nuke into San Francisco bay or the Potomac river via a small fishing boat,...
earth quakes can not be prevented ,....
south Korea can be stopped ,...
I'm worried about you wanting to stop South Korea.

It's North Korea that is the problem.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87285 Mar 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I just happened to run across a news article about an outbreak of meningitis in gay men who live in NYC. It is not related to the fungal meningitis that was reported recently. That was caused by contamination in a lab manufacturing injectable steroids for back and knee arthritis.
This thing is new, and kills within hours. Several gay men were found dead in their apartments. Unfortunately, although people in this country are politically correct and accept or even embrace the gay lifestyle, they still have negative views privately. I'm concerned because this is how AIDS got started. There wasn't much concern about aggressively finding a cure for those living this lifestyle. Then the virus spread and spread and spread, causing concern for the safety of our blood supply. This problem could result in the same thing, but it is not being reported by mainstream media. Scary stuff.
Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting that those dead were male. My brother is gay. He, of course, is in the medical profession. I continue to worry because his promiscuity doesn't help matters. Very interesting indeed. I wonder, if the disease is spread anally? I'm being open minded about this because this is the main difference between the sexes. Hmmm.Thanks,Lala.

Location hidden

#87286 Mar 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lala, that "chip" threat has been proven false info many times since it got started. I would never agree to it if it was implemented. I would take my chances.
I should have made myself clearer. There is no present law about chipping people, and the details of the Affordable Care Act are still in flux. However, the chip idea has been introduced in the Reconciliation Act of 2010, Section 2521, Subtitle C-11. This bill was couched in obscure language, and the bill is 2300 pages long. It states that the Secretary shall establish a national medical care registry to study medical outcome data. I don't want to copy/paste the info.; it is much too long. But it does refer to an implantable device. Now, the bill did not become law, but legislators on both sides of the aisle approved this bill, and it was passed by Congresss and the Senate in March of 2010. It was meant to be incorporated into the larger Affordable Care Act, but through the many reiterations of the Act, it was "lost" in one of these transformations. So, you are correct, in that it is not law, but the guys in Congress and the Senate were certainly thinking about it, and it is not a done deal. I did not want to bog down in this detail, so I made only a casual reference, but I don't want to look like an idiot, so I am further explaining myself. My thought was, not today, but probably someday in the not too distant future.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#87287 Mar 11, 2013
Go back to the Bible to get further info about the "chip",or the marking on everyone to allow for buying and sellin on the World`s people.4092
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87288 Mar 11, 2013
some have had a chip on their shoulders for years, while others are a chip off the old block, and I say "let the chips fall where they may" LOL

Not much worries me including some irrational Congress people and some of their inane ideas. I just come on here to communicate with good people and have enjoyed discussing some of the old ways that we might need to return to if the SHTF.

Those that have difficulty existing in this land of conveniences, will be in real trouble if such an event occurs. The rest of us (while being a little inconvenienced) will keep on keeping on. Now where did I leave my electric tooth brush? hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need food badly 25 min lol 31
kids free glasses and hearing checked 37 min free 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min ChromiuMan 131,865
Porsche mills 1 hr Info 21
missing pit bull 1 hr Yolo 7
Chad Michael Merida Florida jail 1 hr Ghost face 3223 29
Knox Central 1 hr gator 4
city of barbourville 14 hr Three losers 15
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info