Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,705

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Cinnamon Girl

Logan, WV

#87224 Mar 10, 2013
morning roaming, i'm here. just lost a bird to the sunroom's window, poor thing.:( it's sunny & gentle in eky, looks like it's going to be a beautiful day for the birds and humans.(minus 1 bird).

AB, thanks for the giggle this morning, the old guy with the snake got me tickled. i also had occasion to use my solar lights during a power outage this winter, can't believe i never thought of that myself. Duh! i've found such great tips on this thread, thanks to all who contribute.

i still miss the old fart, he and i were discussing the benefits of witch hazel. God rest his soul.

hope everybody has a great day!
avian retreat

Mahomet, IL

#87225 Mar 10, 2013
hummingbirds and robins
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87227 Mar 10, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For OJG:
Photos: Locusts plague Holy Land
Locusts that recently arrived from Egypt cling to a tree in Kmehin, Israel, on Wednesday, March 6. Tens of millions of locusts have overtaken Egyptian desert land in the past few days and are heading to Israel and Jordan, according the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization. The last time Israel experienced a major infestation was in 2004.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/middleeast/gall...
Those things are creepy.
Pretty neat! Thank you. I wonder if these are the very same type that infested Egypt back in the biblical days.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87228 Mar 10, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Another one for Hempburn, I thought it was hilarious:
Dude!$1 million in marijuana found on California beach
Imagine yourself wandering along the sand on a lovely, deserted stretch of California coastline when you happen upon $1 million. No, scratch that, make that $1 million worth of marijuana.
Theoretically, it could have happened if you'd been on Wall Beach Thursday near Vandenberg Air Force Base, where just such a stash was discovered near an overturned boat, with nary a soul to be found nearby. Vandenberg officials are searching for suspects, who apparently hightailed it out of there. The weed was removed by Homeland Security due to its obvious connection with anti-U.S. terrorist activity. Uh, that is obvious, right?[Source]
http://now.msn.com/marijuana-worth-one-millio...
Interesting! Terrorist have funded their organizations through drugs, illegal cigs, cars, charitable funds, and so much more. This is a big stash. I am going to go read if there is more info in this article. I do wonder why they figure it has ties to terrorists.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87229 Mar 10, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good evening bird threaders. It is such a beautiful night out I almost stayed out later but I am whooped from UK partying. Great day. I hope you all got out to enjoy it.
AW, I loved your story about dog. I know your help is greatly appreciated on the roof. I bet that soup and cornbread was good.
Hello Misty eyed, is your partner still on the road? I hope you had a great day.
I have a video my sister showed me that made me laugh so much. It is just adorable. That Granny could bust a move. hahaha
DANCING NANA
This granny certainly knows how to make an exit.
In a video posted on YouTube Wednesday, Nana, an 88-year-old grandma, dances her way out the door and down the steps to an awaiting car.
Her granddaughter films the adorable scene from the vehicle as Nana grooves her way down the steps, showing off her signature moves.
While other dancing grandmothers have swayed to more modern tunes, Nana sticks to the classics.
Her choice of song? Dion's 1961 pop sensation "Runaround Sue," of course.
"That's a good song. Put it on again," she requests, before giving an encore performance.
As the tune dies down, Nana explains: "I could dance all f***ing day."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PP9b_91PHi8XX
I love this video and that song. It is just precious. Enjoy
Now that was the best one I have seen in awhile! Way too cute!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87230 Mar 10, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Gallinippers! Monster Mosquitoes Poised to Strike Florida
One of the most ferocious insects you've ever heard of — it's the size of a quarter and its painful bite has been compared to being knifed — is set to invade Florida this summer.
The Sunshine State, already home to man-eating sinkholes, invading Burmese pythons, swarming sharks, tropical storms and other disasters, can expect to see an explosion of shaggy-haired gallinippers (Psorophora ciliata), a type of giant mosquito, according to entomologist Phil Kaufman of the University of Florida.
Gallinipper eggs hatch after a rainstorm or flood, and the state saw a big jump in the numbers of gallinippers last summer after Tropical Storm Debby dumped its load on Florida. Eggs laid last year could produce a bumper crop of the blood-sucking bugs this summer if Florida sees a soggy rainy season.
"I wouldn't be surprised, given the numbers we saw last year," Kaufman said in a statement. "When we hit the rainy cycle, we may see that again."
As insects go, gallinippers are particularly formidable. Their eggs lay dormant for years, awaiting the floodwaters that will enable them to hatch. Even in their larval stage, gallinippers are so tough they'll eat tadpoles and other small aquatic prey.[ Ouch! Nature's 10 Biggest Pests ]
And as adults, the voracious pests feed day and night (unlike everyday mosquitoes, which generally feed only at dawn and dusk). Their bodies are strong enough to bite through clothing, and they're known to go after pets, wild animals and even fish, MyFoxOrlando.com reports.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51108395
Sinkholes, snakes, hurricanes, sharks, oh my, now killer mosquitoes. I think I would do Myrtle Beach or Nags Head if I had a Florida vacation planned. Plus they always have killer jellyfish too. lol
sounds like Texas mosquitoes! Yikes!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87231 Mar 10, 2013
What a pretty day.

Lala - give your friend a hug for me. Sounds like that is needed...maybe watch a comedy together. I think that grumpy or snippy can become a habit, especially during times of stress.

AW - Loved the whole roof story!(((Hugs)))

I got hit with some bad news yesterday and now I have twice as much to get done today. My father has a growth in his lung they have been watching for awhile. They decided they should take it out, but he was sick at the time and had to get well first. Originally they did not feel it was cancer, but now they believe it is cancer. He should be having surgery this week, if all of his tests came back that he is well enough. They will have to cut some ribs to get to it. It is the size of a pencil eraser. He has stocked up on TV dinners. He will not be able to drive for a couple weeks and a neighbor will take him to the store if he needs to go. I wish he was not so far away at a time like this.

Place my daddy on your prayer lists.

Much love and big hugs.
beach combover

AOL

#87232 Mar 10, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting! Terrorist have funded their organizations through drugs, illegal cigs, cars, charitable funds, and so much more. This is a big stash. I am going to go read if there is more info in this article. I do wonder why they figure it has ties to terrorists.
hundreds of dope bails have been turning up allover the beaches of califorina in the past few months from dana point to santa barbra ,..
every day ,.. hundreds of early morning beach combers are constantly on the look out ,.

the troubble is ,...
you become a criminal ,...if you get within 10 feet of it ,.. its not worth even thinking about ,.. i think i would just quickly walk away from it ,..
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87233 Mar 10, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
What a pretty day.
Lala - give your friend a hug for me. Sounds like that is needed...maybe watch a comedy together. I think that grumpy or snippy can become a habit, especially during times of stress.
AW - Loved the whole roof story!(((Hugs)))
I got hit with some bad news yesterday and now I have twice as much to get done today. My father has a growth in his lung they have been watching for awhile. They decided they should take it out, but he was sick at the time and had to get well first. Originally they did not feel it was cancer, but now they believe it is cancer. He should be having surgery this week, if all of his tests came back that he is well enough. They will have to cut some ribs to get to it. It is the size of a pencil eraser. He has stocked up on TV dinners. He will not be able to drive for a couple weeks and a neighbor will take him to the store if he needs to go. I wish he was not so far away at a time like this.
Place my daddy on your prayer lists.
Much love and big hugs.
Blessings from my home to yours. If the cancer is localized that is better. Not that any cancer is better or worse than any other. It's all horrific! One poster on here fought pancreatic cancer and I believe has been cancer free 9 yrs. Memory has failed again. Positive blessings are heading your way. Noticed chemtrails this a.m. Yuck. Hope, we don't get those giant Mosquitos around here. Want to enjoy the outdoor. Will be planting mixed morning glories, forget- me- nots and basil soon;) Can't wait...
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87235 Mar 10, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Blessings from my home to yours. If the cancer is localized that is better. Not that any cancer is better or worse than any other. It's all horrific! One poster on here fought pancreatic cancer and I believe has been cancer free 9 yrs. Memory has failed again. Positive blessings are heading your way. Noticed chemtrails this a.m. Yuck. Hope, we don't get those giant Mosquitos around here. Want to enjoy the outdoor. Will be planting mixed morning glories, forget- me- nots and basil soon;) Can't wait...
I am a breast cancer survivor myself. Six year this summer! Cancer has become too common today. It is rather sad, but they are making great leaps in saving the lives or prolonging life for so many. They are going to test his lymph nodes during surgery and that will tell a lot.

Thank you very much!!(big hugs)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#87236 Mar 10, 2013
Cancer runs in my family, so I know what you're going through.. Much prayer going out!!

I can't post much else for now, I was just catching up while dinner is on the stove. I've been known to burn it, all thanks to Topix and getting sidetracked with one of my long winded comments..

Chat later everyone.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87237 Mar 10, 2013
Good evening bird threaders. I hope everyone had a great day out in our beautiful weather. I hated the day to end. Much sun and fun with family.

OJG, I will add your Dad to the prayer list. I know you hate him being so far away. Bless your heart. You have been through the mill and it amazes me how strong you are. Keep the faith.

Seems like everyone I know has been touched by that horrible disease. I have lost several in my family to it. Guess we are more prone to it these days despite any progress. I dread the news myself someday.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87238 Mar 10, 2013
@OJG.. prayers coming your way for you as well as your Dad. I am living proof that they do work Four years ago last month, I had a heart attack and a quadruple bypass. Then in 2 more weeks, it will be 4 years since they harvested a vein from my right leg to make a splice in the carotid artery.

The CREATOR saw fit to guide the surgeon's hands and to keep me around so I could help others such as the roof that Dog and I are building now for that older couple's cottage. I have been blessed way too often to hoard all those blessings for myself.

I don't have much money to give, but I have "me" and my tools and tomorrow that old man and I will go shopping for the best price on metal and will start installing it, weather permitting. All the beam work is finished. I will accept no pay. Folks like to say "GOD Bless". I prefer to say "GOD has already blessed, and now it is up to us".
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87239 Mar 10, 2013
Two Years After Fukushima, Japan Worries About the Next Big Quake

When the “Big One” hits Tokyo, experts warn, the impact will be catastrophic.

In January 2012, the respected Tokyo University Earthquake Research Institute reported there’s a 70% chance a 7.0-magnitude or higher quake will strike Japan’s capital by 2016. Such an event, the scientists said, could mean a death toll of up to 11,000 people and $1 trillion in damages on the world’s third-largest economy.

Predicting earthquakes can be dicey. It is much less reliable than forecasting other natural disasters, such as hurricanes, and scientists increasingly fear reprisal for faulty guesses.

Seven prominent Italian scientists were convicted of manslaughter last October for failing to accurately forecast a 2009 earthquake that left 309 dead and 1,500 injured in L’Aquila.

But that hasn’t stopped the earthquake conversation in Tokyo. Two years after a 9.0 magnitude quake and resulting tsunami devastated northeastern Japan, the country’s disaster response experts are more nervous than ever about the ground beneath their feet.

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/03/10/two-years-af...

This article prompt me to look at the map that was pretty clear last night. As soon as I opened it I seen all the icons in the middle of the map. I OMG, Madrid is stirring. It is. Must be all the Earth changes and magnetic pull. You can also click on the North American map (second link) and see the storm coming our way.

Sunday, 10th March 2013

Arkansas
Magnitude: 2.3

Tennessee
Magnitude: 1.6

Texas
Magnitude: 2.7

Oklahoma
Magnitude: 2.4

Alaska
Magnitude: 5.2

California, Washington, Nevada, Hawaii, also had small earthquakes today.

Elsewhere:

Guatemala
Magnitude: 5.8

El Salvador
Magnitude: 5.8

Papua New Guinea
Magnitude: 5.5

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php (Global)
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87240 Mar 10, 2013
The cat's Whiskas! Hilarious video shows pet cat repeatedly dragging food out of camera shot so she can enjoy it in private

A pet cat lives up to the expression 'scaredy cat' in a YouTube video which shows her going out of her way to avoid being caught on camera eating.
The grey tabby is seen skilfully using her paw to drag the mat carrying her food and water out of shot of a nearby camera phone.

The camera shy kitty first stares at the videophone trying to work out what to do.

What are you looking at: The cat first notices the camera-phone as she approaches to enjoy her dinner, unsure of what she should do next, pictured

I'm outta here: The pet tabby puts out a paw to drag away the mat carrying her food and water
When she realizes it isn't going away she decides to take her food behind a kitchen cabinet so she can enjoy it in private - deftly pulling the three heavy bowls with one paw.

When her owner follows her around the cabinet phone in hand, she pulls the mat away once again - making it clear that this isn't a table for two.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22911...

Just too cute!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87241 Mar 10, 2013
For lala:

Hilarious Dog Uses the Pool Water Slide to Cool Off

During the summer when the weather is hot, this smart doggie uses the family pool to cool off. Not only that, but he uses the water slide! Watch this funny puppy have fun in the summer, it's great!

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Uses-Water-Slide-f...

Too funny.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87242 Mar 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@OJG.. prayers coming your way for you as well as your Dad. I am living proof that they do work Four years ago last month, I had a heart attack and a quadruple bypass. Then in 2 more weeks, it will be 4 years since they harvested a vein from my right leg to make a splice in the carotid artery.
The CREATOR saw fit to guide the surgeon's hands and to keep me around so I could help others such as the roof that Dog and I are building now for that older couple's cottage. I have been blessed way too often to hoard all those blessings for myself.
I don't have much money to give, but I have "me" and my tools and tomorrow that old man and I will go shopping for the best price on metal and will start installing it, weather permitting. All the beam work is finished. I will accept no pay. Folks like to say "GOD Bless". I prefer to say "GOD has already blessed, and now it is up to us".
Hello Ancient Wolf, Hope you had a great day. I am so happy the Creator left you here to inspire others. You may only be able to shop for it though. It looks like rain for Kentucky tomorrow.

I hope you have a pleasant evening.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87243 Mar 10, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a breast cancer survivor myself. Six year this summer! Cancer has become too common today. It is rather sad, but they are making great leaps in saving the lives or prolonging life for so many. They are going to test his lymph nodes during surgery and that will tell a lot.
My goodness, I believe that you posted that you are 42. You don't have to thank me,Dear. We are several years apart and have you have endeared so much. Folks like you inspire me to be a better person and appreciate what I do have. Clueless, some never know how fortunate they really are. You have a lovely evening.The weather has permitted me to clean my stone and plastic pots. Yeah, to planting soon. My Blessings be with you OJG, may the hands of love and the Great Spirit surround you and yours;) Good evening to all
Hope

Pikeville, KY

#87244 Mar 10, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an article about cancer and Hugo Chavez which I thought you might find interesting.
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/hugo-chav...
Hugo Chavez, World Leaders and Cancer Deaths—Indications that the Cure Exists (For a Chosen Few)
The death this past week of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez raises some disturbing questions. It was reported that the iconoclastic and controversial leader succumbed to a two-year-long battle with cancer. In so doing, he may have been the first world leader to lose his life to cancer since 1980, when the Shah of Iran succumbed to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma while in exile.

With cancer deaths figuring at 23% of the mortality rate in the United States (cancer is the leading cause of death in developed countries and the second leading cause of death in developing countries), one might think that the Big C might be striking down leaders of countries with the same regularity as it afflicts everyone else. The rather unusual and nearly universal tendency for the power elite to sidestep cancer death has raised questions as to whether or not the powers-that-be might be bogarting the cure.

Since Hugo Chavez was leading his country, boldly, in a manner that distinguished his leadership from the lockstep, pro-American arse licking that typifies most of the world’s statesmen at this juncture in time, one might ask if the power elite specifically bogarted the cure from Hugo Chavez.

In a recent article in Press TV, Dr. Kevin Barrett has suggested that the CIA may have “given” Chavez the death-dealing cancer (Source). Cancer may be transmitted through injection by an unethical medical professional. A number of sources have alleged that a fast-acting cancer was developed in CIA labs decades ago and was responsible for deaths ranging from Jack Ruby to investigative journalist Mae Brussell.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87245 Mar 10, 2013
It was a Beautiful day!
Sad that I had to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr they 131,618
no nickle tax knox BOE 5 hr sick of taxes 2
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 6 hr Catron resident 4
fire station or not 10 hr Citizen 3
HAppy Thanksgiving Everyone! 14 hr gator 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! 21 hr john 16
Phillip Vaughn (Oct '10) Wed Loving 9
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts