Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,659

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87152 Mar 8, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I'd like a piece of that heaven...I mean like your quarter. There are at least two people around here that I'd leave the boondocks for;) LOL. I get along with the Jehovah Witness folks. Even commented that it was nice of them to spread "the word." They're more aggravating than anything. Good thing We don't walk around in the buff around. Wouldn't be very polite to ask em in. Hehe. Better yet, maybe I should go to the door like that. Be my luck will be the ex. Hehehe.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Love it! We should start a new nationwide trend...answering the door to the JVs in the buff!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87153 Mar 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
Did anything happen 12/21/12
Oh no!! You missed it???=)
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87154 Mar 8, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
The Army has been experimenting for years, in order to come up with a liquid that will eat through anything, and they finally did it. It eats through glass, stainless steel, iron, and all kinds of metal, rock and granite. Now, if they could only find something to put it in!
Ha! Cute!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87155 Mar 8, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
There you aree!!! Good to see you, and your corny jokes put a smile on my face. Keep the humor going, it's good for the soul.
((((Big Big Hugs))))

Always great to see you posting!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87156 Mar 8, 2013
Ok...I am off here until tomorrow evening. Have a great Friday everyone.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87157 Mar 8, 2013
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>For some reason this comment 87120 was deleated yesterday and my other comment 87121. Wondering if this goes through? I don't think I've said anything to be banned. Maybe this is why none of my comments get replied to.
Tim I wil have to go there sometime. Right now I am helping an 80 year old man put a metal roof on his cottage. He wanted to know what I would charge, I said "A cup of coffee and a sandwich". He said "We can do better than that" LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87158 Mar 8, 2013
You folks have a good night, I need to start cleaning and cook something for my friend that will be here in about a hour.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#87159 Mar 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim I wil have to go there sometime. Right now I am helping an 80 year old man put a metal roof on his cottage. He wanted to know what I would charge, I said "A cup of coffee and a sandwich". He said "We can do better than that" LOL
I bet he throws in a couple cold beers too. Thats good of you to help older people out. In my line of work I try to do same thing. If I can pay my bills it doesn't hurt to cut someone older a break. These days a fixed income doesn,t go far.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87160 Mar 8, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Love it! We should start a new nationwide trend...answering the door to the JVs in the buff!
I had to recant that comment. The Ladies in this area are very intellectual and kind. There are Folks who unlike me do not go " modest" in their homes. Wish I was less inhibited.LOL. I'd prance around like Barbara Eden in the day. Hehe. Partner wear a loin cloth. I just couldn't go door to door even to sell Kirbies. Hehe. I hate to say no or make excuses so I accept the pamphlets and be pleasant. The Ol ex would show up & I definitely wouldn't want to get caught.ROFLMBO
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87161 Mar 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You Sir are an inspiration:) It's not all about the money to do a kind deed.
A Smirnof Screwdriver is tasting pretty good about now. Bless your heart.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87162 Mar 8, 2013
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>I bet he throws in a couple cold beers too. Thats good of you to help older people out. In my line of work I try to do same thing. If I can pay my bills it doesn't hurt to cut someone older a break. These days a fixed income doesn,t go far.
Wonderful. You know older people most often get taken for granted. Young folks forget that life was really rough 40-50 years ago. Even in the 60s and 70s wages were extremely low in some employment. I remember Grandpa and Dad working for a measly few dollars a week working as track men on the railroad.Fortunately, kind folks like AW, you really do help those who need it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#87163 Mar 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87164 Mar 8, 2013
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>I bet he throws in a couple cold beers too. Thats good of you to help older people out. In my line of work I try to do same thing. If I can pay my bills it doesn't hurt to cut someone older a break. These days a fixed income doesn,t go far.
Taking a break while my pizza is in the oven. I am now on fixed income too and that is why you don't see me out as much as I once went when I was still working. But I am blessed to be alive and have the ability to help others. My retirement pays my bills, but there is none left for "high times", but if I earned more the IRS would just want it. But they can't drink my coffee and eat my sandwich. LOL (or have some of the cake and pie that I get when I mow some old lady's lawn)

I think that if one believes in the hereafter, the main question that will be asked is "How Did You Treat Others". I don't think it will matter all that much if you had an occasional beer or even lost your temper a few times as long as you can say "I generally did my best". I think most church "rules" are just man made anyways to maintain social conformity and have absolutely nothing to do with Worshipping the Creator and respecting HIS creations. time to check the pizza.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#87167 Mar 8, 2013
I'm having pizza tonight too. Bought one of those three cheese pizzas last week while I was at the grocery. Got quite a bit of bacon left over from breakfast and am going to put a little bit of pineapple on it too, with extra cheese of course!
:)
The rest of the pineapple is going into one of those Lime flavored Jello, cool whip, cottage cheese and pineapple thingies. I don't know what you call it, but you mix it all together then chill it, and you end up with this dreamy, creamy, lime flavored stuff.
(I've even used Strawberry/Banana Jello and thrown sliced fresh strawberries and bananas in it in stead of the lime/pineapple. That stuff is SO good)!

Obviously, the personal diet is on hold for tonight and tonight only. Gotta splurge once in a while!!

Might talk to you all later, don't know what's on the agenda yet. If not, have a great night and I"ll catch up later!

_-_Nope_-_
Tollesboro Guy

Morehead, KY

#87168 Mar 8, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I'm having pizza tonight too. Bought one of those three cheese pizzas last week while I was at the grocery. Got quite a bit of bacon left over from breakfast and am going to put a little bit of pineapple on it too, with extra cheese of course!
:)
The rest of the pineapple is going into one of those Lime flavored Jello, cool whip, cottage cheese and pineapple thingies. I don't know what you call it, but you mix it all together then chill it, and you end up with this dreamy, creamy, lime flavored stuff.
(I've even used Strawberry/Banana Jello and thrown sliced fresh strawberries and bananas in it in stead of the lime/pineapple. That stuff is SO good)!
Obviously, the personal diet is on hold for tonight and tonight only. Gotta splurge once in a while!!
Might talk to you all later, don't know what's on the agenda yet. If not, have a great night and I"ll catch up later!
_-_Nope_-_
i don't know what you call those "thingies" either but my sister in Maysville brings me one on Friday's. There is a layer of crushed pretzels and pecans on the bottom then cream cheese, whipped cream and strawberries sliced thin, in the middle layer. The top is all whipped cream and it's in a 13 x 9" glass pan. I could eat the whole thing but I'd be sick as a dog. Mu sugar would probably go through the roof. 8 months and counting down for my retirement check. Hopefully the Regional VA rep will get my benefits check pushed through before that. She is the Best. I am on the "Express" list and can even call my case worker in Louisville. Pancreatic cancer was Number 1 on the list for my military specialty. I should be dead but the Good Lord saw fit to help beat it. That was 9 years ago.On that topic, Thank You Lord for your Son Jesus.

Don't forget to "Spring Forward" your clocks tomorrow night, can't believe it's that time already!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87169 Mar 8, 2013
So much going on here. Have not been on here much. I wish there was two of me. The birds were out of seed when I got home. I bet they wish I was more prompt.
Kentucky

Evans City, PA

#87171 Mar 8, 2013
Have to confess, I'm a bird thread troll. Been reading this site for awhile. Most of the posts are interesting. Seems you folks have a kindred spirit.
Worked hard all week . Thinking about a baked chicken sandwich on a seedless bun (seeds go to birds) and a hot bowl of Tomato soup before
I retire to bed.:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#87172 Mar 8, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know what you call those "thingies" either but my sister in Maysville brings me one on Friday's. There is a layer of crushed pretzels and pecans on the bottom then cream cheese, whipped cream and strawberries sliced thin, in the middle layer. The top is all whipped cream and it's in a 13 x 9" glass pan. I could eat the whole thing but I'd be sick as a dog. Mu sugar would probably go through the roof. 8 months and counting down for my retirement check. Hopefully the Regional VA rep will get my benefits check pushed through before that. She is the Best. I am on the "Express" list and can even call my case worker in Louisville. Pancreatic cancer was Number 1 on the list for my military specialty. I should be dead but the Good Lord saw fit to help beat it. That was 9 years ago.On that topic, Thank You Lord for your Son Jesus.
Don't forget to "Spring Forward" your clocks tomorrow night, can't believe it's that time already!
Nope, wrong desert. Mine is just crushed pineapple, Low Fat cottage cheese, cool whip of which I use the "Lite" brand, and the lime Jello of which I also use the "sugar free".

I've heard of that "thingie" you're talking about too though, but I've never had the opportunity to try any. Everyone says it's absolutely delicious, lol.

I'd like to try that pretzel desert some day, but as you said: I think there would be so much of it that I'd OD on the sugar load..(I gotta watch my sugar, I'm diabetic and eat things in moderation. Timing is also key). With my recipe, I can also use half of everything and not be left with a ton of desert to eat up later, ROFLMBO!!
(That's how I had some pineapple for both the pizza AND the desert)
<<wink wink>>.

I was just checking in. I'm going to go back to reading my book now. Ya'll take care!
ArmyWife Renee

Augusta, GA

#87173 Mar 8, 2013
There are always two schools of thought on such events-- the ones based in fact or those based in fiction.

I bet there would be a scientific reason for this to happen-- and just because it isn't commonplace at this point in time, doesn't mean that isn't not so.

Doubt seriously it's a sign of the end of times-- people have been screaming that for as long as there have been people -- and as for burning coal, that would be nothing new either therefore it seems doubtful as the cause.

Eventually, researchers and scientists will be able to tell the rest of us-- and until then, that's fine with me--

Fewer rats with wings to pooh on my car... Yeahhhhh, that really tears me up on the inside!!(eyes roll)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87174 Mar 8, 2013
Kentucky wrote:
Have to confess, I'm a bird thread troll. Been reading this site for awhile. Most of the posts are interesting. Seems you folks have a kindred spirit.
Worked hard all week . Thinking about a baked chicken sandwich on a seedless bun (seeds go to birds) and a hot bowl of Tomato soup before
I retire to bed.:)
Ahh, at least you sound like a happy troll;) That sandwich and soup make an excellent combo. Yum,yum. Healthy. And most birds I've seen can't get fed enough. Nice weekend to you:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min Another Vet 7,053
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min American Lady 155,301
David Thompson 18 min Info 2
knox board of ed raising taxes 23 min vote out!! 112
food stamps 1 hr YOLO 41
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 2 hr meeee 126
Chamges to Topix? 2 hr welp 4

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]