Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,733

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87110 Mar 7, 2013
Happiness looks a lot like a beagle with a box of dryer sheets

You might remember Maymo the lemon beagle from such hits as "Dog Loves Water Bottles" and "Dog Steals Cabbage." He's back, in a sequel called "Dog Loves Dryer Sheets," that has a better script than the latest "Die Hard" flick. Maymo has discovered dryer sheets, and rubbing his floppy little ears on each scented scrap seems to put a little Bounce in his step (SORRY). "Would that be a lemon fresh beagle?" one YouTube commenter wrote. Sure, that makes scents.

http://now.msn.com/maymo-a-lemon-beagle-loves...

I love this, it is hilarious.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87112 Mar 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Tick season will soon be here, seen this and thought it might be worth a try. Has anyone used this method?
Tick Removal
A nurse discovered a safe, easy way to remove ticks where they automatically withdraw themselves when you follow her simple instructions. Read this one as it could save you from some major problems.
Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing their heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your children, or your pets. Give it a try.
A School Nurse has written the info below--good enough to share--and it really works!
"I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great because it works in those places where it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc."
"Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20); the tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.
This technique has worked every time I've used it
(and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.."
Also, if you just pull a tick off, their heads sometimes break off and are left under the skin so this is much safer. Be aware also that a tick with a white speck on its back is a Deer Tick, these can cause Tick Fever so check yourself and your family good if you see any of these!
"Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way.
Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful hint.
morn'n Ab. The ticks were really bad in my area last year. everybody was eat up with turkey mites, but they are acualy baby ticks. the ones you mentioned to be deer ticks with the white spot. But they are acually larva stage Lone star ticks. the adult stage,they have a red spot instead of white,and about the size of a weed tick. did'nt use to be native to ky,but now are wide-spread. As are deer ticks and can also carry lime desease. In the nimph stage,they are about the size of a chigger,(No See'ms). look like chigger bites. Best way to remove them is to take bath in LICE shampoo, Dry off, then apply lice shampoo as lotion on efected areas,which wil be little, red, itchy spots.
Dinner

Broken Arrow, OK

#87113 Mar 7, 2013
why not wrote:
test them for whatever the chemicals are found in meth! Or maybe west nile!
yes please test them
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87114 Mar 7, 2013
Morning little birdie buddies.

Interesting tips on ticks. Thank you, I will remember!!!

Ahhh! Methane release in Santa Monica bay has me thinking. One of our threaders had mentioned about the earth's core. I am starting to wonder more about the core going through some change or build up that needs to be released.

AB - Some links you posted the other night either pointed out the 188 day cycle or led to left bar links on Youtube that pointed to the 188 day cycle of big quakes. One is due April 2, 2013. Then there was the sun spots, which pointed to a quake in our half of the globe. Let's pray it is not the Madrid.

I have too much work today, but will check back later.

Much love and big hugs.
qwerty

United States

#87115 Mar 7, 2013
You can make significant progress as the methane continues to activate your third house of communication. You may find yourself traveling here and here to accomplish your goals, but it will be worth it. Relationships with neighbors and sinkholes are also favored; why not meet at a favorite for lunch? It's time to connect with the bird people in your life.
turtle man II

AOL

#87116 Mar 7, 2013
soon ,..
the buzzards will return to hinkley roost ,...
one of the most amazing sites you will ever witness with your own eyes
dont miss it
Linus

Cynthiana, KY

#87117 Mar 7, 2013
In regards to the tick removal, just thought some of you might want to read:

http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/tick.asp
Hope

Clay City, KY

#87118 Mar 7, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Morning little birdie buddies.
Interesting tips on ticks. Thank you, I will remember!!!
Ahhh! Methane release in Santa Monica bay has me thinking. One of our threaders had mentioned about the earth's core. I am starting to wonder more about the core going through some change or build up that needs to be released.
AB - Some links you posted the other night either pointed out the 188 day cycle or led to left bar links on Youtube that pointed to the 188 day cycle of big quakes. One is due April 2, 2013. Then there was the sun spots, which pointed to a quake in our half of the globe. Let's pray it is not the Madrid.
I have too much work today, but will check back later.
Much love and big hugs.
I think the earth's core is heating up due primarily to various forms of electromagnetic radiation hitting the earth whether its gamma rays from distant galaxies or EMP from solar flares and we are seeing its effects in the form of severe and unusual whether patterns, earthquakes, sinkholes, volcanic activity, global warming, methane bursts etc. I think even the sun itself is getting hit with increased radiation which is why we are seeing an increase in solar activity.
As an analogy, if you've ever microwaved a hard boiled egg you can see what happens on a small scale with a focused high microwave energy input...the egg explodes. What we are seeing happening on earth and the sun (the egg) is just a much larger scale with a less focused energy input over a longer time period.
This goes along with the Mayan calendar prophecies of our solar systems passage through the galactic center which is supposedly associated with an increase in electromagnetic radiation emanating from the galactic center and is based on a 26000 year cycle and we are now in the period of the end of that cycle where cataclysmic earth changes will occur as a result, but this is going to be happening gradually over a period of hundreds of years during that passage.

Nice to see you posting again. Maybe we can resume our previous discussion of the global chessboard. There is a lot going on now as I'm sure you are aware. I would be interested in hearing what your insiders are telling you now.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#87119 Mar 7, 2013
finally got the boondock's short in the cable repaired and have internet and phone together for the first time in over a week. Before it was one or the other and most times neither.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87123 Mar 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
finally got the boondock's short in the cable repaired and have internet and phone together for the first time in over a week. Before it was one or the other and most times neither.
I'd like a piece of that heaven...I mean like your quarter. There are at least two people around here that I'd leave the boondocks for;) LOL. I get along with the Jehovah Witness folks. Even commented that it was nice of them to spread "the word." They're more aggravating than anything. Good thing We don't walk around in the buff around. Wouldn't be very polite to ask em in. Hehe. Better yet, maybe I should go to the door like that. Be my luck will be the ex. Hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87124 Mar 7, 2013
Thought I heard an eagle today. I know, they have a particular sound. It had the shrill pitch at the end of the Caw. The birds have been in abundance...:)
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#87125 Mar 7, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I'd like a piece of that heaven...I mean like your quarter. There are at least two people around here that I'd leave the boondocks for;) LOL. I get along with the Jehovah Witness folks. Even commented that it was nice of them to spread "the word." They're more aggravating than anything. Good thing We don't walk around in the buff around. Wouldn't be very polite to ask em in. Hehe. Better yet, maybe I should go to the door like that. Be my luck will be the ex. Hehehe.
I don't mind the JW folks all that much. The teen girl that comes with them always wants to see my chickens and brings me some bird pictures and never leaves without a hug. The first time she came she had just lost her granny and I gave her a big hug and she comes back every other Saturday morning with her Dad or Mom. I told them early on that my belief system was a bit different than theirs but that we both believe in GOD and as far as I am concerned that is all that really matters and they have not been all that aggravating. I think they benefit from the visit as much as I do, but I won't join their traditions or rituals just like I won't join any others, and they know it.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87126 Mar 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind the JW folks all that much. The teen girl that comes with them always wants to see my chickens and brings me some bird pictures and never leaves without a hug. The first time she came she had just lost her granny and I gave her a big hug and she comes back every other Saturday morning with her Dad or Mom. I told them early on that my belief system was a bit different than theirs but that we both believe in GOD and as far as I am concerned that is all that really matters and they have not been all that aggravating. I think they benefit from the visit as much as I do, but I won't join their traditions or rituals just like I won't join any others, and they know it.
I had a lot of past visits though. They are pleasant Folks here. I could never disrespect the nice witnesses here. It's sweet that the girl took a liking to your chickens. You are a pleasant Gentleman:)Do unto others as you would have done to you. That's the best way to live...
Hope

Winchester, KY

#87127 Mar 7, 2013
...and during the passage through the galactic center (which will occur over hundreds of years) there will be a gradual flipping of the north and south poles accompanied by a processional tilting of the earth's axis. This will have profound effects on the weather where places that were hot will become cold and vice versa and the tectonic plates will shift dramatically...in essence there will be a remodelling of the earth. The point is, what we are experiencing is a natural cycle of the earth and we are in the midst of the transition phase which will last anywhere from hundreds to thousands of years. One final event I am not sure about is something that was referenced in the Bible. It says somewhere (and I don't recall where in the Bible) that during the end times cataclysmic events the sun will rise in the west and set in the east. This has been interpreted by some that the earth's rotation will reverse during the passage through the galactic center and magnetic pole reversal which will happen through hundreds of years which would mean that prior to reversal the earth's rotation would have to begin slowing down. The earth's rotation has been measured to slow down about 1 second each year but whether it will slow down even more during the passage through the galactic center is unknown. Well, maybe some do know but they are just not telling.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87128 Mar 7, 2013
I suppose I won't hang around for that. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#87129 Mar 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I'm with you-- I'll just watch the movie when it comes out

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87130 Mar 7, 2013
Another swell day. Playing with my baby nephew and watched the birds. My parents have a HUGE wood pecker that comes into the yard and scares the rest of the birds. That is probably the biggest wood pecker I have ever seen in my life.
owl

Winchester, KY

#87131 Mar 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
these doomsday prophecies will not have any significant effect on us or even the next few generations. In terms of unversal time, we are just here for a second, like a snapshot standing still in time.
Shaky

Glasgow, KY

#87132 Mar 7, 2013
A quake's a coming.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87133 Mar 7, 2013
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
these doomsday prophecies will not have any significant effect on us or even the next few generations. In terms of unversal time, we are just here for a second, like a snapshot standing still in time.
Exactly and even if they do, if we have faith in the CREATOR and respect for HIS creations and our fellow humans; will it really matter? There is a newer Gospel song that has much meaning for me that is called "Celebrate Me Home". I choose to believe that those that have gone before me are already "home".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min HistoricallySpeaking 132,244
teena Marie mills 1 hr the truth 16
hau mings mexican restaurant 1 hr eating 4
dinky phipps 1 hr sue 19
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 2 hr Michael 16
Messers 4 hr Wondering 1
Jason hughes son 10 hr Jason cuzzo 1
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info