Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,640

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87054 Mar 5, 2013
Goodnight bird threaders, I am off to watch the snow fall out my window in my comfy bed with my favorite downy fresh comforter. I hope everyone is safe and like me don't have to get up and get out in the crap if it is as they say. You know the kids are hoping it at least closes schools. lol

Goodbye Winter, I will enjoy you tonight, but look forward to SPRINGing forward this weekend. Love it when the time changes. Can't wait for the green green and flowers, flowers, flowers.

Have a good night/morning! Blessings to all!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87055 Mar 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For Ancient Wolf, I bet you could whip these up in no time. Sounds good and the picture looked yummy.
PIZZA BALLS
Ingredients:
3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 per can)
56 pepperoni slices
block of Colby cheese
1 beaten egg
Parmesan
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
1 jar pizza sauce
Preparation
Cut the block of cheese into 28 squares. Flatten a biscuit out and stack pepperoni and cheese on top. Gather up the edges of the biscuit. Line up the rolls in a greased 9x13 in. pan. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake at 425F for 18-20 minutes.
**Use the pizza sauce for dipping
I think I would skip the pizza sauce and use garlic butter. Or use both and have two dips. I think I will try them. I usually always have all those ingredients.
Too many ingredients to keep in stock. Easier to take a frozen Tombstone 4 meat cheap pizza, add some frozen pepperoni slices, some more mozzarella cheese, chopped onions, and a small can of sliced black olives. I can keep those on hand all the time. I made the mistake once of not looking at the olive can and got chopped instead of sliced.... that looked like Grandpa's chew tobacco and ruined my appetite. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87056 Mar 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Goodnight bird threaders, I am off to watch the snow fall out my window in my comfy bed with my favorite downy fresh comforter. I hope everyone is safe and like me don't have to get up and get out in the crap if it is as they say. You know the kids are hoping it at least closes schools. lol
Goodbye Winter, I will enjoy you tonight, but look forward to SPRINGing forward this weekend. Love it when the time changes. Can't wait for the green green and flowers, flowers, flowers.
Have a good night/morning! Blessings to all!
I am up to let the dog out, not look at the lights on the modem constantly to see if it was going to connect, and to not pick up the telephone every 30 seconds to listen for that lovely dial tone. LOL Just hope this is not a tease, but finally a real fix.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87057 Mar 5, 2013
Since the wind has died down, and the dog is back, and the phone and internet have perked up; I will go back to bed. Good Morning to all.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87058 Mar 6, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not seen a praying mantis in avery long time. They are one of my favorite bugs. I think mosquitos could survive a nuclear war! Bats are pollinators too. I worry that soon we will have a major pollination crisis. Bee keepers that loan out their bees to farmers and orchards claimed to have lost 30% more bees last seasson than in 2011. This is causing a bee shortage and they do not have enough bees for this years pollnation needs.
Grrr!!! I must type VERY VERY slowly to post on Topix. It will miss a number of letters and spaces in every sentence.=(
i thought i was having that problem too.....but it ended up being a cookie crumb stuck under the space bar....... dont know how it got there.

about the snakes...... i would think (but i can ask my boss if he may know of anything else that you could put down that works) that if there is a snake problem its because there is a good food source.... maybe a dirty neighbor that attracts mice? or maybe research what ever kind of flowers and plants you have and see if they could be attracting them..... guess it depends on what kind of snake too.

my remedy for all things pest-like is my big monster in and out cat...gizmo :) he eats and kills everything...snakes included. sometimes he takes a liking to a particular critter, and they get to live, but for the most part, he keeps everything away. we no longer have racoons or snakes thanks to him (or maybe they have decided to hide better) but he doesn't mind the squirrels, just likes to watch them run up and down.... and according to my neighbor and hubby, he doesn't kill the bunnies either, just jumps them and lets them go....
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87059 Mar 6, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For Hempburn:
Just because weed's legal doesn't mean you can grow it in parks
Although an ounce is legal in Washington, Seattle's public parks are still not the place to lovingly tend to marijuana plants. Police seized 40 plants over the weekend from Llandover Woods Greenspace, which as the Seattle Police Department helpfully pointed out is "not that kind of greenspace." The department said it's unusual for folks to grow pot on the sly in public parks, especially during cold and rainy winter. So if these were your plants, the cops just announced to the world you don't know much about growing weed.(Dude.) Don't worry, though, there'll be no investigation, as pot enforcement is a "low, low, low priority" for police.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/marijuana-plants-growing-i...
Wonder how many people have moved to Washington? haha I doubt any of it could measure up to the Bluegrass finest. lol
hahaha!..... i wonder how many have and will migrate to those states also......

someone posted a pic on my wall the other day that was a valentines day card that said "roses are red... violets are blue... we have to break up cause im moving to colorado."

laughed my butt off. you know that somewhere out there right now, some hippie is counting all the change in his moving fund...lol

Chicago, IL

#87060 Mar 6, 2013
I picked up a hunting guide this year to find out certain hunting seasons... It's legal to hunt Dove year round without a hunting license.. And if you have a hunting license you can hunt sparrow and starling year round. Thought that was interesting.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87061 Mar 6, 2013
yup and according to the robertsons, if your dog is defective and runs off with your dove....you should get a poodle.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87062 Mar 6, 2013
Good morning everyone. Snowy, drizzle coming down right now, but not bad. School is cancelled. Darn, the little guy will be bored and antsy today. I'll give him something to study---math, and that should keep him busy.\
My computer has been loading ever so slowly for the past few days. I'm even having trouble posting.
@ Abelliever: Got to see a couple of the videos suggested, but had trouble loading them. Keep up the good work researching that Louisiana sinkhole. We have not heard the end of that yet.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87063 Mar 6, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I was in Kroger getting a few things and 'that's the night that the lights went out in Georgia" or Kroger or twice since I got home. Slush on the highway is leaving fast. Little creek is "rolling on the river".
Trailers for sale or rent (not)
rooms to let 50 cents
NO PHONE, no food or pets (last 2 lie)
aint got no cigarettes (that's good)
smoke old stogies I have found (not)
short but not too big around (who cares)
I'M A MAN OF MEANS BY NO MEANS
KING OF THE ROAD hahahaha
I have to be KING.. no one else lives here. LOL
I remember that song, too. Careful, AW, if the SHTF, you will have company, I assure you.
So true

Morgantown, KY

#87064 Mar 6, 2013
Happy day all.. A little white here. May just lay around the fire today, and take in a spell. Not done that in a long time. Watch out Walton's, big valley,and little house reunited with y'all today.. Y'all be safe, loved, and stay warm..
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#87065 Mar 6, 2013
That sound so nice I an here in la calif Never seen snow here but I am always cold until I get a hot flash
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#87066 Mar 6, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For Hempburn, mark your calendar and get out the telescope:
Comet Pan-STARRS to dazzle the world this weekend
If you've been hoping for a "Night of the Comet" (Netflix it!) moment, our best chance might be coming tonight, when the impressively named comet C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS) makes its closest approach to Earth. While we don't necessarily expect the comet to coat the planet in red dust and turn everyone except a lucky few into comet-induced zombies, Comet Pan-STARRS named for the Hawaii observatory that discovered it in 2011 will offer a pretty spectacular viewing opportunity, best appreciated at its perihelion (its closest approach to the sun) on Sunday.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/pan-starrs-comet-will-be-v...
Thank you AB, I will be atop this event with the ol dobsonian glued to me eyeball. Your biscuit pizza balls seem interesting, though I make my pizza dough and pizzas from scratch, I may have to try that one with a few alterations.

Got about a half inch of the white stuff here, the pup races around the yard like a dart, poor fool likes the nasty white stuff. He must get that from the wife's side of the family.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#87071 Mar 6, 2013
@ Food for feather'd friends ; And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass,but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And there shall be famines, and pestilences, and EARTHQUAKES in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows...[matthew 24. 6-8
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#87072 Mar 6, 2013
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; And upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Mens hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken...[Luke 21. 25-26]

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87073 Mar 6, 2013
Well, its cold, but there are some happy birds out there. New seeds and a new feeder today.
Can't wait til the weekend though, it's going to be in the 60's. OH so nice.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#87074 Mar 6, 2013
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and,Lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair,and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, even as a fig tree casts her untimely figs,when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places...[revelation 6. 12-14 ]
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87075 Mar 6, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
@ Food for feather'd friends ; And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass,but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And there shall be famines, and pestilences, and EARTHQUAKES in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows...[matthew 24. 6-8
Natural occurrences are excusable; however, man has been destroying the earth in the name of avarice, modernization and evolution which has come with overpopulation and loss of our "old" ways. It's amazing that these ancient texts buried for thousands of years tell of our present times. Astonishing:) Thanks.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#87076 Mar 6, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Natural occurrences are excusable; however, man has been destroying the earth in the name of avarice, modernization and evolution which has come with overpopulation and loss of our "old" ways. It's amazing that these ancient texts buried for thousands of years tell of our present times. Astonishing:) Thanks.
Welcome !...Not to worry anybody , just the living truth , the word , the way !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#87077 Mar 6, 2013
Buy the way, did you get a chance to listen to the wagon wheel song by darius rucker @ youtube ? a real pick me up for me .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nosey Rosey 15 min rosie cheeks 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 29 min mgrody 5,308
Wendy Mills engaged?? 31 min really 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min Ari son of Anarchy 153,922
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 1 hr fan 15
knox board of ed raising taxes 1 hr Glad 94
Salon perfection 1 hr Gray boy 13
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 9 hr Confused 6
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 17 hr Knox co 22
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••