Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,667)

Showing posts 73,321 - 73,340 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
So true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Or tied a june bug on a string
caught night crawlers for fishing
ran a trot line
used an outhouse and a Montgomery Wards catalogue
made a spool willy with a thread spool,a rubber band, and a match
went to a store where they used a hook to get high up dusty cans
Shopped for the perfect feed sack to make skirts for the girls
watched them roll their hair with tin can pieces wrapped in rags
Bought an RC and a moon pie for 10 cents.. 5 cents each
worked most all day hoeing the garden for the 10 cents
cleaned out hog guts, then boiled them for sausage casings
turned the hand crank sausage grinder way into the night
shelled walnuts and went to school with stained hands
went sleigh riding on an old car hood
plowed behind a mule that had been eating green onions.. whew!!
dipped wiggle tails off the rain barrel water so clothes could be washed with a scrub board
squirted milk from Ol' Bossy into a cat's face
had a wet corn cob fight with your cousins (that was the best fun)
tied a tooth to a string and a door knob, waiting for someone to open the door
watched your mama bed down the baby in a drawer or a box
Had to wait until you were 12 years old to visit the hospital
Got your driver's license and bought a car for $115 (a summer's work).
sprinkled lime down the toilet hole
Hoped the chickens hanging out under there did not bite your hiney LOL... and those were the GOOD OLD DAYS?
did most of those as well. I slept in a drawer till I got too big for it,sometimes I wish I was little enough to be in that box again. Oh we'll my next one will be much larger. Lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Powdered sulfur, mothballs and cat litter in cracks of floors deter poisonous snakes . The nonpoisonous ones should not be so worrisome. You can also buy traps or make snake traps. Never used them as I have no fear of reptiles since the only fear I have are of terrorists. Hehe. Oh, and the destruction of the world. Hope, it helps.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
@ AW ; and hide in the weeds by the road and wait for a car to come by,(which back then took a while) and throw an old Hub-cap in the road, and yell out ; HUB-CAP , you lost your hubcap ! of course they would stop and walk around to check all four. then we would run like the devil ! I know, that was mean, but WE did'nt have computers and such, so we had to be creative !...Also remember the willow switches on my butt ! hahaha!
Mom made us cut our own willow switches. I learned to get the longest one possible, then stand up really close and jump up and down and scream. That longer switch came around and smacked her dress tail and she thought she was flailing the tar out of me, but I never got touched but I made it sound good. hahaha

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom made us cut our own willow switches. I learned to get the longest one possible, then stand up really close and jump up and down and scream. That longer switch came around and smacked her dress tail and she thought she was flailing the tar out of me, but I never got touched but I made it sound good. hahaha
Had my fair share of cutting switches, but whenever MY Momma had to wait to dish out a whoopin', it usually only got worse...

Wasn't much jumping around you could do if the first thing she grabbed was that old belt with that big brass buckle on it, or that darned old fly swatter. Those fly swatters were ALL made of metal back then.. They hurt like a coat hanger on your bare legs. Bruises? Oh heck yeah..

These days they'd go to jail for doing what we used to get done to us. But we turned out okay.. Can't say so much for todays youth.

Funny that.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Guess all those switchings have caused us to digress or something. They only hurt my pride. Heck, Dad would leave belt welps, switch welps. Heck, that's what is wrong with society today. The government agencies run our lives. True, they are there for domestic abuse. But if fathers, brothers , uncles, sisters, mothers and aunts could solve the problem voila ...issue resolved. Old fashioned whipping never hurt me or my siblings. LOL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

LOL! I forgot to add that danged broom of hers. I got cracked in the head with that thing more times than I can recall. One time she busted my scalp open with it when the metal wires that hold the bristles on the handle hit my head instead of the bristles of that cursed old broom.

That's the last time I ever got hit with that broom, too. I bled all over the place that day. Still carry the scar to this day.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha! You nailed it, I'm laughing my gutts out here ! are we brothers ? sounds like we grew up in the same house . roflmbo !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
LOL! I forgot to add that danged broom of hers. I got cracked in the head with that thing more times than I can recall. One time she busted my scalp open with it when the metal wires that hold the bristles on the handle hit my head instead of the bristles of that cursed old broom.
That's the last time I ever got hit with that broom, too. I bled all over the place that day. Still carry the scar to this day.
bless your heart, is it above your EYE ???? HEHEEEEEeeeeee!
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Ahhh, the good ole days . Hmmmmmmm !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
<quoted text> bless your heart, is it above your EYE ???? HEHEEEEEeeeeee!
Nope, it's right smack on the top of my noggin. You can feel it through my hair still to this day.

But hey, I lived..

Should I not mention the time she came at me with a butcher knife?
>>true story<<

And yes, we still talk. She's my Mom and I love her anyway, hehe.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Hey bird threaders, white stuff is coming down like crazy. They said later tonight....up to 4 inches. Dang, I was hoping it would hit the Ohio River and just swing it on up to Indiana and Ohio. Yuk. Glad it isn't sticking so far. It was just raining.

I have been busy clearing another closet I haven't even looked in this past year. Momentos mostly. But hey, I found a box full of jeans I hope I can still shimmy into. haha

I love all the trips down memory lane with the things most young people never heard of. AW, that is what we use to do when we had to pick the switch. Long one to do more missing than hitting. Dad would have gone to jail in today's time like many for child abuse. That is what is wrong with these kids these days. You can't whoop their backsides anymore or much of anything else. We sure thought long and hard before we did something we knew was wrong dreading those butt whippings. lol

My chili is smelling so good and just finish the final taste test. I may still throw hot dogs on the grill despite the big white flakes coming down or just throw them in the toaster oven on broil. haha That and lots of shredded cheese and Fritos.

It is so good to have you back OJG. Wish I would have been here while you were on.

"Nope" where on topix to you right click. I tried that and there is nothing that says view page info? I went to the main page like you said, but I don't have that on my right click..just i.e. back, save, preview, copy, print, properties etc...Help!

Hope you all enjoy the white stuff. You better get some too. hahaha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

For Ancient Wolf, Nope:

'Chicken sitter' is now a job you can have in Portland, Oregon

No, it's not an unaired "Portlandia" skit. A Portland woman has found a cottage industry in her supergreen Oregon town by baby-sitting — sorry, chicken-sitting — people's fowl when they're on vacation. "Just in my neighborhood there's got to be at least 20 households that have chickens," Linda Walker explains. "Your neighbor can take your cat or dog, but not a whole lot of them know what to do with [chickens]." Walker gained her chicken experience while working at a feedstore last summer, so she's not some Johnny-come-lately to the chicken game. At the very least, she's passionate about her charges: "They're beautiful and really funny and better than TV, they're fun to watch. And they have great eggs!" [Source]

http://now.msn.com/linda-walker-is-a-chicken-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Checked the map last night and forgot to post it. But looking at today's map we have some activity in the Madrid Fault Zone:

Tuesday, 05 March, 2013
Arkansas
Magnitude: 2.0

Tennessee
Magnitude: 1.7

Alaska
Magnitude: 4.5

California, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Washington

Russia
Magnitude: 5.2

Papua New Guinea
Magnitude: 5.4

Monday, 04th March 2013

Oklahoma
Magnitude: 3.5

Alaska
Magnitude: 4.5

Montana, Utah, Washington, Nevada, California and Hawaii also had small earthquakes.

Russia
Magnitude: 5.3

Japan, Peru, Chili, Argentina, Indonesia, Tonga, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands all had 4.5- 4.9 magnitude earthquakes.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

If you click on the North America map you will see the snow storm moving eastward.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

For Hempburn:

Just because weed's legal doesn't mean you can grow it in parks

Although an ounce is legal in Washington, Seattle's public parks are still not the place to lovingly tend to marijuana plants. Police seized 40 plants over the weekend from Llandover Woods Greenspace, which — as the Seattle Police Department helpfully pointed out — is "not that kind of greenspace." The department said it's unusual for folks to grow pot on the sly in public parks, especially during cold and rainy winter. So if these were your plants, the cops just announced to the world you don't know much about growing weed.(Dude.) Don't worry, though, there'll be no investigation, as pot enforcement is a "low, low, low priority" for police.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/marijuana-plants-growing-i...

Wonder how many people have moved to Washington? haha I doubt any of it could measure up to the Bluegrass finest. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

My Mom was tough as nails and always finished the swtiching business off with a HUG. Dad was leery of snakes, but MOM would grab them by the tail and slam them up against a fence post.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

20 funny photos of 'wrong place, wrong time' situations

Ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time? Had a gate crash into your car or get hit by a baseball flying into the bleachers? Well, all of the people and animals in this gallery got caught in the wrong place, but it's the right time for us because we get to enjoy a little schadenfreude and laugh or cringe at these very unlucky folks. If you're feeling like life isn't very exciting lately, just remember that you could be on vacation — and falling off an elephant.

http://now.msn.com/wrong-place-wrong-time-a-p...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

For lala, I watched a lot of videos on those sinkholes:

Sinkhole victim's family 'going through hell'— as second hole found nearby

SEFFNER, Fla.— A man who jumped into a chasm and tried in vain to save his brother from a catastrophic sinkhole said Monday he was frustrated that authorities haven’t done more to retrieve the body — even as another sinkhole opened up just a couple of miles away.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/04/17...

New Louisiana Sinkhole ! Arkansas Earthquakes on New Madrid !! 2013 News

Targeting two Coronal Holes in both hemispheres of the solar corona during a significant phase of planetary alignments peaking from the 3-7 of march. After further analysis i have isolated two areas (28-33°N latitude) and (27-31°S latitude), these coronal features may produce two earthquakes over 6.0 Magnitude(Southern Hemisphere) and 7.0 Magnitude earthquake(Northern Hemisphere) in one of these listed locations during this watch period:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Booms COVER UP! Due to New Madrid WAKING UP! In depth evidence! Review

Prophecy to America: A Catastrophic New Madrid Fault Earthquake Will Happen

Talks about how the US treats Isreal in reference to events here, i.e. Katrina with biblical references.

4 Prophetic Warnings of a Terrible New Madrid Fault Earthquake
Everytime we hurt Isreal, our country has disasters.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Published on Feb 17, 2013

What began a couple of months ago as a series of small bubbles trickling into Bayou Corne, in Assumption Parish, Louisiana, has now turned into a massive water filled sinkhole that is pulling trees, boats, and anything else into its deep dark abyss. Experts say that all of this is being caused by a salt mining operation which was compromised in 2011. They are saying that this salt dome has failed, and is in the process of collapsing. But that is not the worst of it....

Mega Disasters: Earthquake In The Heartland
The History Channel, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch... ...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

... Over the years they have been filling a nearby salt dome in Assumption, Parish, Louisiana with radioactive waste and 1.5 million barrels of liquid Butane. If this sinkhole continues to devour land and trees in this area, it may eventually breach this storage area releasing not only toxic radiation into the environment, but also butane which will then become exposed to the air above. All it would take then would be the spark from a car ignition or some other source of fire to set in motion an explosion which some suggest could be equivalent to about 100 nuclear bombs similar to those used on Nagasaki or Hiroshima, in Japan. As bad as all of that would be, there is something even worse that could come from this.

An explosion on that magnitude would create a giant crater deep in the earth exposing this salt dome to the elements. Since this salt dome is also connected to the much larger Luann salt basin, that means water from the bayou will trickle down and quickly become a torrent of water to dissolve the salt in areas covering 5 states, up to a mile thick. As the salt dome looses integrity, all of those deep oil wells will become funnels to either blow out or pull more water into the cavity. When that finally collapses, ALL of Louisiana will sink into the Gulf of Mexico. Parts of Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida will also be underwater. The salt dome under the Texas gulf will also collapse, sending a huge tsunami tidal wave as far inland as the Balcones Escarpment. Cities like Houston and New Orleans will sink into the ocean, never to be seen again. Cities like Fort Worth, Dallas, Waco, Austin, and San Antonio will also be flooded, but might be restored as the tidal wave recedes.

The New Madrid fault and Mississippi river basin is being targeted with HAARP, frac tech drilling operations, and possibly other means (such as nuclear explosions). They are planning to create an earthquake in that region to split this nation with an inland sea from Chicago to New Orleans. It will not be an "act of God." I believe that this could happen very soon.

Some will say that this is fear mongering, but there IS mounting circumstantial evidence that these are not mere accidents and we are slowly being led to the slaughter by the ruling elite. I would rather sound the warning and risk being called a deluded fool, than sit back and say nothing.

More information on my website located at:
http://www.itsaboutthattime.net/
http://www.itsaboutthattime.net/art/d ...

Where is Belie? HAARP theory feedback please? I know some aren't interested, but for those who are I viewed these looking at the sinkhole videos. Some of these were at the side and I went from one to the other since the HEARTLAND has been having earthquake activity all around us. I would never live in Florida or California and a few others that are predicted to slip into the ocean while we sit on caves and water here. Mother Earth has just about had it with us I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,321 - 73,340 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min S C A 138,368
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Libertarian 122,584
Knox Central softball 25 min Gotta Know 3
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 32 min holland 13
Mayor files lawsuit against six council members 1 hr beggars 152
Larry dye and Amy dye 1 hr haha 15
Prositute Wendy mills creek 1 hr pleeese 4
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 9:59AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs