Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,646

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86929 Mar 4, 2013
chocolate and mint goes together just about as well as garlic and strawberries. LOL
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86931 Mar 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<--- I decided to just go back to my "old" eyeball....
(Is everyone comfy with this one now)??
ROFLMBO!!!
I'll post my howdy do's and updates later on this evening. I've got 'thangs ta do' right now. Have a great day everyone! God bless each of you in your daily travels and/or chores!!
where is it ? " EYE" can't see it ! Invisable eah , your freak'n me out again ! heehee
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86932 Mar 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
chocolate and mint goes together just about as well as garlic and strawberries. LOL
I have to agree, and garlic makes my feet stank !! haha!
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86933 Mar 4, 2013
Sling Blade wrote:
Horse meat found in taco bell meals? Burger king? Hamburger meat in quality stores? Etc. makes me wonder what people like me have been buying from discount food stores!!??? Does your potted meat and beef stew taste finny latley?
Another disturbing thought, where is all this horse meat coming from? Are they slaughtering wild horses again?!!
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE!
yes the horsemeat market is back. not wild ones though, domestic . all the unwanted culls. supposed to be shiping it out to spain and other euoropean countries. stock yards auctioning then by the pound. heard on news some thing about it showing up in burger and such. not done any research on it yet, but don't worry, we will !
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

#86934 Mar 4, 2013
There is no need to digress any further

My prediction 3/4/2013 THE WORLD IS GOING TO END TONIGHT at 10:00 PM eastern time of a Massive earthquake worldwide the whole planet will shake violently from an 15.0 earthquake Bye Bye everyone this is the end :-))
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

#86935 Mar 4, 2013
45 minutes to go :-((
qwerty

United States

#86936 Mar 4, 2013
I better go get some bread and milk.
dale

United States

#86937 Mar 4, 2013
Y'all all crazy!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86938 Mar 4, 2013
Oh what a day! I put out more seeds. I hope these birds appreciate it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86939 Mar 4, 2013
And I slept right on through that wannabe Nasty Dermas or was that CST and I better get my clothes on? LOL
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86940 Mar 4, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey girl, so glad to see you back. I'd be happy to share my mint cookies, I always get extra mints and freeze them. Hempburn stopped in earlier to let us know he is still kicking and what he is up to, and yes, hope is still posting, I call him "Belie" now (his anagram for me) instead of Sybil. lol
Hope you are all settle in and things are going great. I have missed reading your posts. Hope missed your debates too.:)
Seen this a couple days ago. Thought of you and your babies.:)
Published on Mar 1, 2013
Have you seen the screaming goat videos!? They are hilarious. But we think this goat sliding on ice is pretty awesome too.
Goat slides on thin ice
Best Goat Edition Compilation - Top 10 - Screaming Goat Songs
Published on Feb 26, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =igHaMOX_paMXX
too funny. Enjoy, have a great night. Love, hugs, and blessings to you and yours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey girl, so glad to see you back. I'd be happy to share my mint cookies, I always get extra mints and freeze them. Hempburn stopped in earlier to let us know he is still kicking and what he is up to, and yes, hope is still posting, I call him "Belie" now (his anagram for me) instead of Sybil. lol
Hope you are all settle in and things are going great. I have missed reading your posts. Hope missed your debates too.:)
Seen this a couple days ago. Thought of you and your babies.:)
Published on Mar 1, 2013
Have you seen the screaming goat videos!? They are hilarious. But we think this goat sliding on ice is pretty awesome too.
Goat slides on thin ice
Best Goat Edition Compilation - Top 10 - Screaming Goat Songs
Published on Feb 26, 2013
too funny. Enjoy, have a great night. Love, hugs, and blessings to you and yours.
Pass the cookies! That would be great!

Yes, I have seen the screaming goat videos. LOL The goat on ice was cute too. The goat did better than me! I have about busted my behind a few times on ice when I lived near Cleveland. I do not miss all the snow we used to get there!

Started this post about 30 minutes ago, but a good friend called. Now I am getting sleepy again.=( Will catch up a little more an then it is bed for me.(((Big hugs)))
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86941 Mar 4, 2013
Well, insomnia has hit again. I'm restless as a ruffled hen. Blah. LOL. Now, I'm thinking a naked man and a cowboy hat...Whohee.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86942 Mar 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Ha! You just reminded me to pick up some mint and chip ice cramthe net time I am out! Ohhhhhh yummmmm!!! I have been known to add some chocolate syrup to!(((Hugs)))
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86943 Mar 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Ha! That reminds me to pick up some mint and chip ice cream the next time I am out of the house. I hav been known to add some chocolate syrup too!(((hugs)))

Night Wolf...I am pretty tired.
Ty Rolling

Bowling Green, KY

#86944 Mar 4, 2013
If you want my opinion, Slender Man got bored with eating children, so he killed birds, and wasn't able to eat them all.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86945 Mar 4, 2013
LOL Topix has given me a big welcome back! Freezing and trouble posting. Ah, there is no place like home. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86946 Mar 4, 2013
No horse meat as of yet says U.S. officials. Apparently, Swedish meatballs have been found to contain horse meat. Sorry, that thought nauseates me. Believe I'd rather eat escargo or mountain oysters truth be told. Hehehe.Might go on the palate with some mushrooms.LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86947 Mar 4, 2013
qwerty wrote:
I better go get some bread and milk.
<<<<snort> >>>

You crack me up, "Qwerty", ROFLMBO!!

Check this out, on that note:
"Gotta Get the Bread and Milk"

Rapid, I guess Topix must be reviewing my avatar for it's appropriateness of viewing, hehe. I'm sure it'll show up eventually. Maybe their servers are mad at me for changing eyes too often? Guess for now I'll just have to be the gray girl with no hair.... So sad.

SMHH
("Scratch My Hairless Head)...

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86948 Mar 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
No horse meat as of yet says U.S. officials. Apparently, Swedish meatballs have been found to contain horse meat. Sorry, that thought nauseates me. Believe I'd rather eat escargo or mountain oysters truth be told. Hehehe.Might go on the palate with some mushrooms.LOL
Same here, Misty. I've tried to limit my meat intake for the last year or so anyway. I'm having trouble eating it lately due to what I've been reading about the inhumane way these slaughter houses are processing and culling.. I'd no sooner eat my cat or one of my dogs than eat horse meat. Somewhere, you just gotta draw the line.

I know some cultures even eat monkey. That veers too close to being cannibalistic in my personal opinion.. And those who eat dog or cat? That's just too horrific for me to even spend time thinking about at any length.

I was one of those kids though that couldn't see an animal before it was beheaded. And if it was named, tamed and I ever fed it? You couldn't eat it. It better not end up on my plate with my knowledge either, because I'd push the plate away. Even helping my grand pappy clean his catch from a hunt, he had to remove the heads first so I'd not see those little eyes before I could help him skin and clean anything. Once that head was gone and no eyes could stare back at me, I could skin a rabbit or squirrel almost as quick as him. Grandma always did the culling of the chickens too. As long as that head was gone, I could pluck and gut.

Horse meat though? I'm not gonna do it. Same as I can't hunt or kill anything myself right now. Not unless it was imperative that my canines needed meat, could I kill anything currently.. I hope that day never comes. I'd do what I had to, but it wouldn't be a pleasure as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather go fishing if I needed meat that badly and civilization had crumbled.. I use artificial baits these days too. And always practice catch and release unless it's been injured too badly. Nowadays, I even feel too bad for the minnow to use it as fish bait. Can't even use live worms any more..
I've turned into a mushy hearted person in my old age I guess...
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86949 Mar 5, 2013
Sling Blade wrote:
Horse meat found in taco bell meals? Burger king? Hamburger meat in quality stores? Etc. makes me wonder what people like me have been buying from discount food stores!!??? Does your potted meat and beef stew taste finny latley?
Another disturbing thought, where is all this horse meat coming from? Are they slaughtering wild horses again?!!
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE!
<the things that go through my mind while waiting for poodle to do the doodle>

at some point we may have to decide if its better we stomach eating poor flicka vs cloned meat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min No Surprize 154,157
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Juliet 131,076
Hey you 17 min monster 3
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 17 min Hmmmmmmmmm 5,701
knox board of ed raising taxes 39 min LOL 102
What happened at Stinking Creek? 2 hr vivian 96
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 2 hr meeeee 12
kC principal injured 2 hr what happened 9
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 2 hr saw it 22
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 18 hr record 10
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs