Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,662)

Showing posts 73,221 - 73,240 of81,203
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
your

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

need to know wrote:
<quoted text>what are thay hiding
guess is as good as the next.i think the people is not getting the full story.my opinion.its the large debt and no one has a solution or listen to reason.on how to solve it.when its not that big of a deal only if they would listen.its about a 3 day job to solid things up for all and fair to all.
i wonder

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

your wrote:
<quoted text>guess is as good as the next.i think the people is not getting the full story.my opinion.its the large debt and no one has a solution or listen to reason.on how to solve it.when its not that big of a deal only if they would listen.its about a 3 day job to solid things up for all and fair to all.
why all those birds did that..
Duckworth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

need to know wrote:
<quoted text>what are thay hiding
Whatever it is they are hiding it in sinkholes.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
@ AB; Thinking about fried ckicken,smashed potatoes, and of course, Left-over "Beans of Fortune " ha ! and no,I'm not going anywhere, that is, providing "NOPE" don't scare me away with those freaky eyes ! LOL but ya'll will see less of me as the weather breaks. have fencing to do, barn to build ,ect. but every time I feel that I need a little uplift, I wil drop in. ALL of you have really helped me get through the winter ! love you all and god bless !^__^
Sure like to drop in and provide some assistance in the summer and spring. I just know that kind of work would keep me from focusing on things I cannot change no matter how good and responsible, concerned and caring I've been. I set some boundaries now both partner and his mother are mad at me. So, too bad we aren't neighbors. Do something constructive and be positive no doubt;) Hehe. Take a ride on a horse, off into the sunset. Hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Tired and grumpy but well. Hope you are as well.
I was as well until I felt the sunshine on my skin and the birds sounded happy. Why can't we? Hehe. Menopause and contrary, controlling people won't get me. You have a fine day there...:) Spring is almost here.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. I am happy to see a familiar name I missed posting...OJG, yay, she's back.
betty, you are so right about that road and the ignorance of a circle in Rineyville and the 313 extension to Brandenburg was a real waste as well.
AW, I see you are back in Lexington but still avoiding those telemarketers. haha
Misty-eyed, I know that was a short time with you and your partner, now he is off again. I hope he isn't going to go far or be gone long.
lala, I would always jump off a diet for some cookies. lol Right now it is Girl Scout cookie time. I just got my Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Samoas yesterday. ummmm
"Nope", don't know what to think of that eye, lol. It reminds me of a rupaul drag queen made up eye. hahaha I think I like the owl or bird eye. Just saying. hahaha
Rapid, what's cooking today? Hope you are going to stay with us as a bird peep.:)
Hempburn, Imposter, where are you? We miss you.
I hope everyone enjoys the day. The sun is shining, but still very cold. Birds are out singing like it is Spring though. Won't be long.
65 south shut down aain right now... another five vehicle incident, same spot......

never hated being right so much in my life...hope everyone is ok they saying at least one person was airlifted
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
65 south shut down aain right now... another five vehicle incident, same spot......
never hated being right so much in my life...hope everyone is ok they saying at least one person was airlifted
Partner on his way to Louisiana from Walton, Ky going southerly. I'll check my map. thanks for the info. Some of us are grateful. Sad about all the accidents. Something needs to be done.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Partner on his way to Louisiana from Walton, Ky going southerly. I'll check my map. thanks for the info. Some of us are grateful. Sad about all the accidents. Something needs to be done.
I found this on whas11 web site...... seems this one was actually a little closer to etown, exit 94 area.....

here is the link.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Multi-vehicl...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Oh goodness, he would've left Walton around 11:00-12. and most likely take the 65 to Tenn. Well, Thank you, Betty. I really appreciate your updates. Hopefully, he'll call this evening. Later peeps.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Thank you Dear. His semi is black with a white trailer. You sure gave me some relief. Hugs and love in bunches to you. Bless you:) Thank you again;)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

<--- I decided to just go back to my "old" eyeball....
(Is everyone comfy with this one now)??

ROFLMBO!!!

I'll post my howdy do's and updates later on this evening. I've got 'thangs ta do' right now. Have a great day everyone! God bless each of you in your daily travels and/or chores!!
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back. During your Sabbatical, I installed a new wood burner that is more than twice as big as the old one and required a modification to my chimney. As soon as it gets fired up good this morning, I plan to put on a pot of beans with country ham bone and bits. Only problem is trying to decide if I will go with the pintos or a quart of canned green beans. LOL Decisions.. Decisions
Awesome! You are always busy with neat projects that enhance your piece of heaven. Oh, I cannot even think about food! I am eating more than usual and have felt full for the past few days. Um, I am saying this while munching on Hostess soft baked iced molasses cookies! Too yummy!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Thank you Dear. His semi is black with a white trailer. You sure gave me some relief. Hugs and love in bunches to you. Bless you:) Thank you again;)
your welcome...and sorry to have caused the initial panic.

i feel for you, the worst part of my day is always hubby's drive to work. if he don't call by midnight (sometimes he forgets) i spaz and send a barrage of texts and voice mails till i hear back from him or its gets to be two or three in the morning and i figure if something had happened i would know or i fall asleep from exhaustion. he was in a really bad accident with my brother years ago, where they were both ejected from my brothers truck on impact and they are both lucky to be alive, sustained some really bad injuries and it took him almost a full yr to recover completely. the wreck happened at 6:21 pm and by 7:30 pm we had already received calls from the trauma center at uofl that he had been flight staffed there. of course.... its a small town and bystanders had already called my mother in law (the only number hubby could remember at the time) so we already knew it had happened and were on the way to the hospital when we got the call, and when i got home three days later, i had a violation warning paper tucked in my door that a state trooper had used to write me a note saying that i needed to contact the police as soon as i returned. he had also knocked on my neighbors door and they wouldn't give him any info but called when he left.(i found out later that the only reason he came by was to write hubby a no seat belt ticket and leave it with me...... i don't think they are supposed to do that kind of thing.) but a week later after my brother got out of the hospital, a state trooper rode all the way out to his house to write him a ticket for no proof of insurance...... and it stuck. crooked wealth at it again you know.... but at least i know if anything happens, they get to the family pretty quick. not a situation i ever want to re-live.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Batman delivers suspect to police
(ABC NEWS)-- An unidentified man dressed as Batman brought a suspected burglar to justice last week, delivering the suspect to police on Feb. 25 before he disappeared into the night.

Police in Bradford, England, released photographs of last week’s caped crusader, dressed in a sweatshirt and cape that approximates the powder-blue costume the Dark Knight wore in the 1960s.

“The person who brought the wanted man into the station was dressed in a full Batman outfit. His identity, however, remains unknown,” a police spokesman told the Guardian newspaper.

Per British law, the suspect’s identity has not been made public, but he has been charged with burglary, fraud and breaching a court order

http://www.whas11.com/news/world/Batman-deliv...

funny stuff
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Phone is gone again. I bet the telemarketers hate that LOL I would drop the land line too but I don't think it is very cost effective to drive 4 or 5 miles to get a cell phone signal.
LOL I have argued with AT&T since I ordered the cells for the kids and I. Service stinks in my area and these phones just became a very expensive toy. I started at $240 per month and it has lowered after every complaint. I now have a $109 monthly bill and I am ready to give them hell over that as well. Ha ha ha This one rep explained that I could download an app that would give me 5000 feet of service from my router...um, the point of cell phones was to be able to call home when AWAY from home!!!
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. I am happy to see a familiar name I missed posting...OJG, yay, she's back.
betty, you are so right about that road and the ignorance of a circle in Rineyville and the 313 extension to Brandenburg was a real waste as well.
AW, I see you are back in Lexington but still avoiding those telemarketers. haha
Misty-eyed, I know that was a short time with you and your partner, now he is off again. I hope he isn't going to go far or be gone long.
lala, I would always jump off a diet for some cookies. lol Right now it is Girl Scout cookie time. I just got my Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Samoas yesterday. ummmm
"Nope", don't know what to think of that eye, lol. It reminds me of a rupaul drag queen made up eye. hahaha I think I like the owl or bird eye. Just saying. hahaha
Rapid, what's cooking today? Hope you are going to stay with us as a bird peep.:)
Hempburn, Imposter, where are you? We miss you.
I hope everyone enjoys the day. The sun is shining, but still very cold. Birds are out singing like it is Spring though. Won't be long.
(((Hugs)))

Oh the mint cookies! Certainly my favorite.

I hope Hempburn returns. Does Hope still post?

Now that I must be at the computer almost daily I can get caught back up with the thread. It is a great excuse to take a break. LOL

OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
Word to the birders. Looks like all is going well and even OJG has drifted back. Been spending more time with my hobbies and such. Don't think you can get rid of me this easily, I'm still slithering in the background. Ya'll take care, later.
(((Hugs)))
Awesome! Glad you are still here.
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
(((Hugs)))
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
Batman delivers suspect to police
(ABC NEWS)-- An unidentified man dressed as Batman brought a suspected burglar to justice last week, delivering the suspect to police on Feb. 25 before he disappeared into the night.
Police in Bradford, England, released photographs of last week’s caped crusader, dressed in a sweatshirt and cape that approximates the powder-blue costume the Dark Knight wore in the 1960s.
“The person who brought the wanted man into the station was dressed in a full Batman outfit. His identity, however, remains unknown,” a police spokesman told the Guardian newspaper.
Per British law, the suspect’s identity has not been made public, but he has been charged with burglary, fraud and breaching a court order
http://www.whas11.com/news/world/Batman-deliv...
funny stuff
Cute and interesting!

Break over. Will check back later on.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
(((Hugs)))
Oh the mint cookies! Certainly my favorite.
I hope Hempburn returns. Does Hope still post?
Now that I must be at the computer almost daily I can get caught back up with the thread. It is a great excuse to take a break. LOL
Hey girl, so glad to see you back. I'd be happy to share my mint cookies, I always get extra mints and freeze them. Hempburn stopped in earlier to let us know he is still kicking and what he is up to, and yes, hope is still posting, I call him "Belie" now (his anagram for me) instead of Sybil. lol

Hope you are all settle in and things are going great. I have missed reading your posts. Hope missed your debates too.:)

Seen this a couple days ago. Thought of you and your babies.:)

Published on Mar 1, 2013
Have you seen the screaming goat videos!? They are hilarious. But we think this goat sliding on ice is pretty awesome too.

Goat slides on thin ice

Best Goat Edition Compilation - Top 10 - Screaming Goat Songs
Published on Feb 26, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

too funny. Enjoy, have a great night. Love, hugs, and blessings to you and yours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,221 - 73,240 of81,203
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min freelancehobo 138,692
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min diverse interests 122,778
lamon jones 1 hr Lamon Jr 15
Not Fair 1 hr Lowell 1
Atv wanted 1 hr sad 3
Corey vs. Collins 1 hr Charley 57
hbic is bridget doolin she has herpies (Jul '09) 1 hr family 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••